[Bug] Mad King not giving key fragments

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I believe you can only get fragments during one single round per day. (Yes, that sounds like a bug, but it was that way last year, too.)

You should be able to get 3 key fragments per day, regardless of how many rounds you do.

This exact thing happened to me once last year: I only got 2 key fragments from a single round of Mad King Says, even though I qualified for all 3. I did the event the next time it was up but never received the final key fragment, and I think I did it a third time that day. I did get 3 fragments from 1 round of Mad King Says the next day after daily reset. (I still have those same 2 key fragments that have been sitting in my bank for the whole year) I did contact customer support but they said they weren't able to replace the missing key fragment.

Basically, not much we can do about it other then to wait until the next daily reset to get the key fragments.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:You should be able to get 3 key fragments per day, regardless of how many rounds you do."Should" -- yes, we should. But as you stated, it doesn't seem to work that way, not this year nor last. :(

Basically, not much we can do about it other then to wait until the next daily reset to get the key fragments.Unfortunately, no

Last night I went to Lion's Arch about 3 minutes after the event had started (1:03 am PST). I rushed over and did the event after grabbing gold from the exchange for selling items. I wound up with 11 Mad King's Favor (10 is needed for 3 key fragments), but I only received 2 key fragments.

Theory: if you're not already in LA when the event starts, you get shorted 1 key fragment, even though you got there in time to get more than enough favor for all 3 key fragments. Basically, you have to be in LA and close enough to the event area when the Mad King shows up. (The other day I got 4 Mad King's favor while AFK at the bank closest to the event.)

@Charrbeque.8729 said:Last night I went to Lion's Arch about 3 minutes after the event had started (1:03 am PST). I rushed over and did the event after grabbing gold from the exchange for selling items. I wound up with 11 Mad King's Favor (10 is needed for 3 key fragments), but I only received 2 key fragments.

Theory: if you're not already in LA when the event starts, you get shorted 1 key fragment, even though you got there in time to get more than enough favor for all 3 key fragments. Basically, you have to be in LA and close enough to the event area when the Mad King shows up. (The other day I got 4 Mad King's favor while AFK at the bank closest to the event.)

You are just a bit off in the requirements; you need 12 Mad King's Favor for 3 Key Fragments. Every stack of 4 gives 1 Fragment.

The bug from previous years of not being able to collect Fragments from more than one round of Mad King Says (per day) seems to still be present, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I also encountered this today. Seemed like more people were complaining about it happening during that same round, so thought maybe the issue was new, but now I see this thread, and also last year https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Mad-King-Says-Fails-To-Give-3-Key-Fragments/first#post6377490

My own experience was:
Round 1: Showed up late for MKS and got only 7 stacks. Have done this a few times before and the partial reward worked fine. This time it did not.Round 2: Showed up on time, got 15/15 stacks. Got only 2 fragments, as if round 1 had actually given it's reward.

I have played partial rounds before with reward totaling 3 for the day, both this year and previous. And actually that aspect of this seems like it worked correctly, as far as "round 2" knew (rewarding the leftovers), but with the first one misfiring, I now can't complete the day.

The bug seems to be inconsistent within a specific event, as some others is map chat from that same bad round got their rewards, while at least a couple speaking up did not. Initially I thought it may have only failed on partial rewards, but one person also whispered me and say they did get a partial 2 key reward. So it is hard to figure out what causes the failure. That said, somewhere in the code for this it is allowing the persistence of the "received" partial award without verifying it was actually sent. Seems like that should be enclosed in some sort of transaction logic?

So I have a useless partial key balance and the day cannot be completed (seems like it won't anyway but I also won't be here to try again). Also, never had keys sitting in inventory for the next day before. Was unsure if it could affect the next day? Will find out I guess.It's not a progress blocker, but this and is a super annoying bug form a rewards standpoint due to the psychology of fake out/useless rewards ("here is your reward - oh no wait, you can't have that"). Hope someone can figure it out so it isn't hanging around again for years to come.

• 11 months later...

A year later and still bugged.

Oct. 25, 2018

9pm PST: I got to Mad King Says a few minutes after it started and only got enough favor for 2 key fragments.

11pm PST: I got there a bit late again, but had 6 or 7 Mad King's Favor (4 is needed for 1 key fragment), but did not get the key fragment.

1am PST: I got there several minutes early. Wound up with 15 or 16 Mad King's Favor. Still didn't get the 3rd key fragment.

• 1 year later...

I became a victim to this bug today :( I came late to the Mad King says event and only got 2 keyfragments. I participated twice more the same day and still didn't get the third fragment to create the key :(I sent a ticket to arena net but I haven't received any answer now before the reset.I wonder if I should keep the fragments or throw them away...will they hinder me from getting any more fragments tomorrow?