What's Your Character's Theme Song? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What's Your Character's Theme Song?

I'm sure some of you have a tune that you think fits your character best, so what is it?!?
I personally hum this theme whenever I play this little guy

WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

Comments

• Fluffball.8307Fluffball.8307 Member ✭✭✭✭

His theme song should be jeepers creepers where'd you get those peepers.

• Fantasy.5321Fantasy.5321 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2018

Invincible by Amaranthe. ;)

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

My necro's used to be "When You're Evil" by Voltaire, but now I've switched to another: Riding a Black Unicorn by Voltaire

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Redfeather.6401Redfeather.6401 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

I never thought of having a theme song beyond the story mission where I was wielding a vine whip. I think back then I posted on these forums how I wanted a vine whip for keeps, and this could be my theme song.

edit: Ah I found the post!
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/revenant/Le-Revenant

Click on your name up top. Click the little icon with the down arrow for preferences. Click Signature Settings to the right.

• They all have the same one

• K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭

@OrbitalButt.5708 said:
    They all have the same one

They're all norns aren't they

WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

• Zaltys.7649Zaltys.7649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

I have a lot of alts and no songs for most of them, but here's a few.

Asura Mesmer - Vermilion Carousel by SENSITIVE
    Human Necro - Silent Moments by Chinchilla
    Sylvari Revenant - We Will Rise Again by Allen/Lande

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, he is a Norn.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

I have a few for various characters, but this is the one that when I hear it on the radio I immediately think of Donari (the character, not the forum poster). It has his strutting, showing off, dashing sword play, ego, drama, and cheerfulness. (Pronunciation hint: The composer's name is ah-DOLF ah-DAHM, at least per the radio announcers).

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I never really thought about it before, but I'm gonna go with 'We Win' by Duff McKagan's Loaded. Because it's amazing, and appropriate.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only one song? I typically put together a music list for each of my characters to fit some theme for that character. One character's tastes may be around Pink Floyd, another country/western, another comedy, the one created the same time Prince died is all his music, and so on.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

My char, my theme, my Windows DreamScene

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

Probably the wedding march because my female asura runs around in a pink and white wedding dress and it's a game in my guild that if I stand next to someone and another guildie takes a picture of us, that someone becomes my new husband. It has lead to some amusing adventures of me chasing a guildie in circles yelling "MARRY ME!"

I am currently at 5 husbands and always hunting more.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Akkebi | Akkebyyon | Alister Kebi | Akkebi Revi | Akkebi Mememachine | Occultist Lulu | Shadow Stalker Lulu| Bonebreaker Lulu
    Max Masteries | 16.5k AP

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

For both my Warrior & Guardian this

For my Engi & Ele probably this

For my Thief & Necro

The others dont really have a theme for them yet.

• TEKnowledgy.1760TEKnowledgy.1760 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

Song for my male charr necro

Song for my male asura thief

Song for my male human engineer

Song for my male human warrior

Song for my male sylvarie ranger

Song for my male human revenant

Song for my female norn mesmer

Still I have a guardian and an ele to get into before i can come up with song for them. now note I naturally dont have a theme song but if i did they would be ones chosen for different reasons maybe way community see the class or how they operate and to how i play them I leave them details up to you to figure out lol

I tried keep the vids as family friendly as possible so hopefully i dont break a forum rule. probably still will to some one though.

Tarnished Coast resident for 6 years. Teknowledgy/Engineer, Teknowledge/Ranger, Warlord Of Ascalon/Warrior, Massari Kundalini/Revenant, Semmi Ghostep/Thief, Lord of Deth/Necromancer, Beasty Cabbage/Guardian, Mesmarista/Mesmer, Lei Moon/Elementalist, Guild: Legion of Deth (DETH)

• Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

I have a few for two of my characters.
    Kind of a introduction-theme to make a good entrance and a combat-theme.

For my thief:
    Introduction:
    Combat:
    She defenitely deserves these as her themes.

My Reaper:
    Introduction:
    Combat:
    Only a good entrance makes you a good villain, approved by megamind.^^

"I´m not big on sermons, Broken bones teach better lessons."

• Sarge shot Grif.6450Sarge shot Grif.6450 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

For my thief

I'd say this is my favorite thing to play with her

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

Toss up between these two:

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

Easy, when my warrior was fighting Balthazar, no music was good enough to compete with:

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Griever.8150Griever.8150 Member ✭✭✭

Charr Deadeye main here. I'll go with this.

• My character's theme song is of my own making. It goes doo doo dee doo doo dee DUM DUM! Then the drums come in like dooga di dooga di dooga di dooga.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    My character's theme song is of my own making. It goes doo doo dee doo doo dee DUM DUM! Then the drums come in like dooga di dooga di dooga di dooga.

If only you had got gud, maybe you coulda been a musician......

Tarnished Coast resident for 6 years. Teknowledgy/Engineer, Teknowledge/Ranger, Warlord Of Ascalon/Warrior, Massari Kundalini/Revenant, Semmi Ghostep/Thief, Lord of Deth/Necromancer, Beasty Cabbage/Guardian, Mesmarista/Mesmer, Lei Moon/Elementalist, Guild: Legion of Deth (DETH)

• Orpheal.8263Orpheal.8263 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2017

Theme Songs I'd give to my Main Character representing best it's Profession and Soul are these:

Thief (Main) - Everdream by Epic Soul Factory - Non Vocal - Story Telling Theme
    (Originally it has been a long time Cassandra by Thomas Bergersen, which has been also the Name Inspiration, but Everdream reflects by now my Chasracterbetter)

Reaching after the Stars, dreaming of tomorrow, becoming a better person, stronger, to protect those I love and care for.
    Everdream stands for Cassandra's Wish to protect Tyria, to forget her past and to look forward - always, never looking back.
    Where Fear Not this Night started, an Everdream follows.

Black Song White Scales from Drakengard 3 - Vocal - Combat Theme

Vogel im Käfig from Attack on Titan - Vocal - Character Theme - Past/Opening

As a Thief, Cassandra always felt back in her past like a bird in a cage, before she freed herself from her chains of the past that imprisoned her and she become the heroine she is now.

Kaine Salvation from Nier Automata - Vocal - Character Theme - Future/Ending

Cassandra Lancaster - Achievement Hunter - 28,9k AP currently - Server: Drakkar Lake/EU - Mastery Rank of 254
    I'm the proud Origin of the Elite Specializations Concept (Sub Classes) through the last made CDI Project.

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not sure about a personal theme, but for a fighting theme something like

• Celldrax.2849Celldrax.2849 Member ✭✭✭

Huh, not something I ever thought about.

I suppose this could be an alright one though for my glint herald. Something to evoke the grandeur of dragons :P

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is My necromancer roaming song

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• dusanyu.4057dusanyu.4057 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2017

easy by a odd coincidence when i was Making a serten evil race extinct that i have been wanting to finish the job seance gw1 this came on the Streaming radio. durring the final fight. Given its Western feel it became the unofficial Song of my Deadeye

For my warrior it has to be

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

And this is my (second) mesmer's theme song. She's named Pirate Jenni and wears the pirate outfit.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Body is 10 characters too short.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Vyrulisse.1246Vyrulisse.1246 Member ✭✭✭

My Necromancer's:

• AegisRunestone.8672AegisRunestone.8672 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2017

Here is Vini, my female asura daredevil/assassin

And this is her theme song:

I thought it was fitting, sounded very asuraish to me. And yeah, I played through Hordes of the Underdark. Best Neverwinter Nights expansion.

And this is her infiltration theme:

At first, this song doesn't seem to fit, but to me, it sounds sorta like a "get in, get out... with asura-style" song. :)

• Here are my Flame Legion shaman, Roarst Sunwalker's, themes (under the spoiler!) I do not play him often because I'm a terrible elementalist, but off the top of my head he's the first I can think of decisive themes for.

• DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2017

Chimie Pepin.

I'd like to think Chimie's theme would be this song, but it's obviously not very aesthetically appropriate. My reason for picking it is because the lyrics (about two lovers whom have lost their spark, but being too weak to cope with a break up, decide to continue on with eachother; faking their love for one another) combined with the music video tells a story about how politicians often have to lie or "fake it" to keep everything under control. This fits chimie quite well I think because he is an External Operator/ Foreign Intelligence for the Black Citadel, so he often has to keep secrets, and during the speech at the end of PoF he warped the story a bit to keep up the hope of the Elonians, not to mention he is constantly at doubt as to whether he is capable of coping with the ever harder tasks and decisions he has to make.

This cover is probably the best more-aesthetically-appropriate one i could find, keeps the sombre feel of the original.

Oh, and his battle theme:

You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

• Blodeuyn.2751Blodeuyn.2751 Member ✭✭✭

I'm not going to link my song due to language, but you can Google it: You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

I primarily WvW.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
    Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]

• Kam.4092Kam.4092 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2017

My Necro

My Guardian

My Ranger

My Warrior

My Revenant

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2017

GS Guardian (Male Charr):

D/D Elementalist (Female Human):

Hammer Warrior (Male Norn):

S/D Ranger (Female Norn):

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have too many characters to pick one for all of them, and it's hard to pick themes for a lot of them. I'll try to think of some themes for some of my mains, though.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• Odinens.5920Odinens.5920 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2017

I have 1 for each character. Here's a couple:

Human male guard -

Human female necro -

• TwoGhosts.6790TwoGhosts.6790 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks to my girlfriend, one of my characters is called Truly Grumptious.
    Imagine this sung by a huge Charr warrior.
    I often find myself singing "I'm Truuuleee Grumptious. I'm Truly, Truly Grumptious..." as he lumbers his way around Tyria.
    "That's the stuff!"
    "Wahoooooo!"
    <3
    ~TG

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

Almost heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River.
    Life is old there, older than the trees, younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze.
    Country roads, take me home to the place I belong.
    West Virginia, mountain momma, take me home, country roads.

Anyone who has seen Kingsman 2 will understand

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• sylvnfox.7086sylvnfox.7086 Member ✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

I'm an idiot I cant figure out how to link the kitten video so ignore me

Necros don't die, we take power naps

• I use to command while on my necro (a loooong time ago) and this was a playlist staple.

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

For my main, Zerina, a shy, gothy asura necromancer, this is her theme.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• TheOrlyFactor.8341TheOrlyFactor.8341 Member ✭✭✭✭

For my Human Warrior/Berserker, Operative Deadsmith.

Asura fanatic.
    World's largest Zojja fan.
    Illconceived Was Na fanboy.

• These songs go with my well with my Sylvari Thief depending on the weapon set:

Sw/P & D/D

Sw/D & Staff

P/P & Rifle

Do not rush,
    But move with a purpose.

• My Engineer: Mechanix by Megadeth
    My Elementalist: Ride the Lightning by Metallica
    My Necro: Go Go to the graveyard by the Deadlines or Death Comes Ripping by The Misfits (depends on my mood)
    My Rev: Ghosts of war by Slayer

• My p/p deadeye's music has got to be a collection of spaghetti western tunes, especially Morricone's. I've got a spotify playlist just for this character.

• @ShadowGryphon.6257 said:
    My Engineer: Mechanix by Megadeth
    My Elementalist: Ride the Lightning by Metallica
    My Necro: Go Go to the graveyard by the Deadlines or Death Comes Ripping by The Misfits (depends on my mood)
    My Rev: Ghosts of war by Slayer

Ghosts of war is good for rev

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.