Q: Awakened foes in Mount Maelstrom? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Q: Awakened foes in Mount Maelstrom?

Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 22, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Dears

Right before, I was in Mount Maelstrom area, in the Gauntlet Gulch zone and found on my way a group of Awakened foes (with one vet.)! I did fight them and got typical Elona drops. Huh... Since when do we have Awakened wandering in original Tyria area and dropping Elona stuff? Did I miss something?

Thanks for information. :)

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

Comments

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:
    Dears

Right before, I was in Mount Maelstrom area, in the Gauntlet Gulch zone and found on my way a group of Awakened foes (with one vet.)! I did fight them and got typical Elona drops. Huh... Since when do we have Awakened wandering in original Tyria area and dropping Elona stuff? Did I miss something?

Thanks for information. :)

They are there so players without path of fire can finish the Halloween achievement that requires killing joko's minions (Ancient Grudge)

• There's a few places around Tyria that people can farm Awakened for Halloween.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2017

They’ve been a couple of threads mentioning them. They’ve seem to have been put in with Halloween, maybe for the achievement to kill 150 Awakened. They are also a few in Sparkfly Fen, east of the Brooloonu Waypoint.

Ancient Grudge – 10 AP
    Kill 150 of Joko’s minions. Any awakened mobs will work. Go to a map like Desolation and just kill them en mass

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks All :)

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

One other thing: don't kill the defilers. They spawn mummies periodically; it's much quicker to let them live than to wait for a whole group to spawn.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

I say it is an Invasion!
    Praise Joko!

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.