Q: Awakened foes in Mount Maelstrom? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Q: Awakened foes in Mount Maelstrom?

Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 22, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Dears

Right before, I was in Mount Maelstrom area, in the Gauntlet Gulch zone and found on my way a group of Awakened foes (with one vet.)! I did fight them and got typical Elona drops. Huh... Since when do we have Awakened wandering in original Tyria area and dropping Elona stuff? Did I miss something?

Thanks for information. :)

Officer of Equinox Solstice [TIME] / Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
WvW server: Henge of Denravi
https://discord.gg/P5dj7fd

Comments

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:
    Dears

Right before, I was in Mount Maelstrom area, in the Gauntlet Gulch zone and found on my way a group of Awakened foes (with one vet.)! I did fight them and got typical Elona drops. Huh... Since when do we have Awakened wandering in original Tyria area and dropping Elona stuff? Did I miss something?

Thanks for information. :)

They are there so players without path of fire can finish the Halloween achievement that requires killing joko's minions (Ancient Grudge)

• There's a few places around Tyria that people can farm Awakened for Halloween.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2017

They’ve been a couple of threads mentioning them. They’ve seem to have been put in with Halloween, maybe for the achievement to kill 150 Awakened. They are also a few in Sparkfly Fen, east of the Brooloonu Waypoint.

Ancient Grudge – 10 AP
    Kill 150 of Joko’s minions. Any awakened mobs will work. Go to a map like Desolation and just kill them en mass

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks All :)

Officer of Equinox Solstice [TIME] / Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    WvW server: Henge of Denravi
    https://discord.gg/P5dj7fd

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

One other thing: don't kill the defilers. They spawn mummies periodically; it's much quicker to let them live than to wait for a whole group to spawn.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

I say it is an Invasion!
    Praise Joko!

~ I Aear cân ven na mar