"Infinite" Halloween achievements are capped — Guild Wars 2 Forums

"Infinite" Halloween achievements are capped

Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 22, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I can't find any reference to this, but the so-called "infinite" achievements for Halloween are capped. The cap is greater than 4 times and less than or equal to 6.

Capped for achievement points, that is. You still get the bags.

Comments

  • Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yeah, I guessed that. I didn't know it was common knowledge, and I didn't know the exact number (5).

    Thank you!

    (Others: you can ignore this thread, unless you didn't know.)

  • Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2017

    You can see the actual numbers by moving your mouse over the AP numbers when you're in the detailed achievement view. Clocktower's Champion, for example, shows:

    • Repeatable +5 (ap symbol)
    • Total: x/25 (ap symbol)
  • To my knowledge every repeatable achievment have an AP cap. There are no infinite AP source

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    And here I thought I was slowly gaining achievement points.
    Guess I'll never get past a certain number (as in in the 10,000s)

  • @RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    Yes, the achievements say the max AP you can get from them in-game. They're infinite in the same way that the salvaging achievement is; you can keep doing it, but you'll only get AP for a set number of repeats.

    What's the limit of repeats on Agent of Entropy?

  • RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @AegisRunestone.8672 said:

    @RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    Yes, the achievements say the max AP you can get from them in-game. They're infinite in the same way that the salvaging achievement is; you can keep doing it, but you'll only get AP for a set number of repeats.

    What's the limit of repeats on Agent of Entropy?

    The AP limit is 250 points.

    Oh look. I have a signature now.

  • @AegisRunestone.8672 said:

    @RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    Yes, the achievements say the max AP you can get from them in-game. They're infinite in the same way that the salvaging achievement is; you can keep doing it, but you'll only get AP for a set number of repeats.

    What's the limit of repeats on Agent of Entropy?

    For Achievement Points, 125 times (capped at 250 APs). Otherwise, it's infinite.

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    kinda silly "infinite" achieves aren't anywhere near infinite in AP

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They used to be infinite. And then some people salvaged All The Things and got astoundingly ungodly amounts of AP, so ANet capped it and took away the excess AP.

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2017

    There would be so much crying from certain people if things like Agent of Entropy actually gave infinite points but that would never happen anyway since ANet would not be able to crease AP reward items fast enough.

    That is probably one of the reasons they've slowed down AP acquisition in general.

    @Donari.5237 said:
    They used to be infinite. And then some people salvaged All The Things and got astoundingly ungodly amounts of AP, so ANet capped it and took away the excess AP.

    I think the cap has more to do with the fact that they started giving stuff for APs. Before it was just a meaningless number.

  • @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Donari.5237 said:
    They used to be infinite. And then some people salvaged All The Things and got astoundingly ungodly amounts of AP, so ANet capped it and took away the excess AP.

    I think the cap has more to do with the fact that they started giving stuff for APs. Before it was just a meaningless number.

    Yes, both are correct. People earned tons of AP via salvaging when there were no tangible rewards for having AP. When ANet added AP chests, they capped the amount of AP, retroactively in some people's cases.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.