[Poll] Weapon for the next Necromancer Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

What weapon would you like to get for the next necromancer elite specialization?

Clarification: I added an option for "other" weapons, too, so you can tell us what currently non-existant weapon you would like to get as a necromancer.

I would appreciate if you voted and told us why you'd like to see your chosen weapon for the next necromancer's elite specialization!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I choose rifle . I would love to see necro get a rifle that functions more about a close range power build with spread aoe similar to a shotgun to make it different from other rifles in game which focus more so on a longer range . With traps similar to rangers old ranged traps where they can be placed at range . Plus with exception of the mesmers pistol no light armoured classes use any guns or bows so it would make it stand out a bit . Instead of shroud they could have weapon hexes using life force to make the next few attacks deal more damage , cause a status to enemies and such

Doesn't matter which weapon Necro gets.

Necro will be OP in beta, get nerfed.Necro will be OP after release, get nerfed to trash tier after one to two weeks.Necro will get "looked at" in the future after the numbers are crunched.Necro will get a minor buff to skills not used in meta build orNecro will get tooltip fixed so that what was thought a bug was actually intended all along.

Necro will wait for next xpac.

@Axl.8924 said:I picked shield because i want to see a higly defensive necro with tons of evades tons and tons of blocks invulns.Imagine if necro could do what guardian could.

This is the part where I'm going to point out that Guardians only ever use Shield for the knockback. It really isn't a defensive set. Focus is the weapon with the condi cleanse and blocks.

That does remind me, Necro has Focus too. I had actually forgotten.

This is a difficult decision for me.

I had been asking for land spear for years and now thief has some staff animations that might be used with some modifications.

Rifle was another old request for more focused use against single targets rather than staff's AoE.

Necromancer's off hand weapon selections seem to cover most uses now that torch fills the condi dps role.

Power Necro has MH/Dual axe and greatsword, OH horn and focus.Corruption Necro has MH sceptre and dagger, OH dagger.Condi dps Necro has MH/Dual sceptre and greatsword, OH torch.

While I wished Scourge brought MH torch to better isolate its condition dps (and builds) from sceptre, that seems way too late to change.

Thinking of the remaining gaps in weapon skills, not including weapons that only under-perform, the following come to mind:

• Hard control effects
  • Mobility skills
  • Shareable buffs
  • Stealth
  • Finishers
  • Immunity skills

If the next expansion also forgoes true shroud for another defense mechanic , I would like weapon and traits that make Necro a hybrid of Mesmer clones and minions; something like staff that is primarily a utility weapon. (In fact, there is no reason why a new elite trait line cannot radically change a current weapon's skills.)

For utilities, banners or traps seem to have potential.

Sword would be my first choice, but honestly we have a lot of good offensive options as is.

Shield would give us (presumably) blocking abilities, and it would mark our first active defense abilities (which would be fantastic).

Perhaps a blocking ability that corrupts boons when attacks are blocked on the "4" ability and a reflect that gives us retaliation on the "5" ability.

I don't see why you're asking for new weapons when almost all of the ones that Necro has right now are trash. If they add any more, it'd be best to just remove what already exists. Or just compact what little good rests in the Necro weapon line-up into 2-3 weapons that aren't hot garbage.

Close call between Mace and Hammer. Like the idea of a "pure" power build with absolutely no damaging condition on any Trait, Weapon-, shroud- or utility skill. Bitter Chill massively screwed over power reapers making a power oriented spec still being run for one single trait as a condi build.

I think of a Ranged-hammer similar to Rev. I'd like interactions with slowness, like something along the line of a "dead weight", in the sense of a grave-digger. A cage (similar to DH LB 5), a crippling field and a strong knockdown (3s or something)

@Yuyuske.7182 said:Hammer.

The new elite spec can be called the Deadringer.

(I wish I could take credit for that, but someone mentioned it in map chat and it was too good not to pass on.)

I'd imagine a hammer necro cracking the ground and thereby releasing evil ghosts from the underworld :D I would love that!

@Aplethoraof.2643 said:Sword would be my first choice, but honestly we have a lot of good offensive options as is.

Shield would give us (presumably) blocking abilities, and it would mark our first active defense abilities (which would be fantastic).

Perhaps a blocking ability that corrupts boons when attacks are blocked on the "4" ability and a reflect that gives us retaliation on the "5" ability.

Maybe Anet could give necros a mainhand sword and an offhand shield together with the next expansion. :3