[Poll] Weapon for the next Guardian Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

What weapon would you like to get for the next guardian elite specialization?

Clarification: I added an option for "other" weapons, too, so you can tell us what currently non-existant weapon you would like to get as a guardian.

I would appreciate if you voted and told us why you'd like to see your chosen weapon for the next guardian's elite specialization!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrrrmn. I actually kinda like guardian's 'doesn't dual-wield conventional weapons' theme it currently has, so I'm inclined to steer away from offhand axes, maces, swords, pistols, and daggers.

At the moment, the one thing that I really feel that guardian is missing, thematically, is a warhorn - which could go along with a support-oriented spec (although... presumably in a different way to firebrand). More ranged options could be good, though, especially if staff is destined to remain in its current state.

I don't see mainhand shield on this poll. I demand a recount!I wouldn't mind seeing offhand mace though. I just like it aesthetically. I only hope they never give us guns. In all reality I would like to see new weapon types rather than just rotating the same ones through all the classes. Polearms would be great as a new 2h option. I'd also love to see fist weapons so they can give me the holy warrior/monk class I've always wanted.

STAFF for next elite specialization, if they patch up the staff wont be anthing good and willl end being somethign stupid or worse like they did with the spirit weapons...

I voted for pistols to increase the dumbness of the gameplay range spam to make game worse.... (since its the more logical path for ANet to follow)

But still, as i said in another thread staff and SW need to be removed from class and get the same treatment tomes had.. staff and spirit weapons similiar to riatualist could be the next guardian elite trait.

Remove autos from all classes that are melee and range with bow or pistol, add a spell to the next guardian elite based on https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Weapon_of_Warding to players cleave with teamplay... besides 11111111

@Kerivek.5740 said:I don't see mainhand shield on this poll. I demand a recount!I wouldn't mind seeing offhand mace though. I just like it aesthetically. I only hope they never give us guns. In all reality I would like to see new weapon types rather than just rotating the same ones through all the classes. Polearms would be great as a new 2h option. I'd also love to see fist weapons so they can give me the holy warrior/monk class I've always wanted.

It's unlikely that dedicated offhand weapons become useable as mainhand. That's why I didn't include it in this poll.

In all possibility we will get an OH weapon. I think it will be either axe or warhorn. Warhorn will be cooler, and goes with the support theme.

Pistol/rifle are not likely, cuz they are not thematic with guardian, and we already have 2 ranged weapons. Dagger is not thematic with guardian either, but I though the same regarding warrior and it works.

The best weapon guards could get that fits the guardian aesthetics and theme would be - 1 handed land spears- with a melee bruiser and mobility spec which we dont have yet.

Either that or a melee full dps glass power spec with mobility.

We already have:Longrange full dpsCondi specSupport spec

Diswan.8156 , DH isnt a long range full dps, traps are more like the DH main weapon than bow...Actually if u try to play with bow and traps only wil end in a lost fight its not hard to melt the DH lol... its a power creep gimick if fails to kill better run if u can even outrun a centaur.

DH was awfully designed, and FB was a way to sell what was suposed to be a fix on core guardian.

@Aeolus.3615 said:DH was awfully designed, and FB was a way to sell what was suposed to be a fix on core guardian.

Amen to this. DH is just percent damage modifiers and traps, and the only reason it's good (PvE wise) is because the modifiers increase damage so much. FB is just a fix to things the Guardian was always supposed to be good at. A burn spec wasn't really needed, just improvements to base Guard to make burn viable (VoJ 4s PvP duration being brought to PvE, spirit weapons being made into true minions that last forever like necro minions). Don't get me wrong, I love how FB plays, but it really is just a fix to the class more than an expansion to it (like how DD is just a better acrobatics for thieves).

Dual pistols with a spec focused on mobility.

The only other weapon I would like to see on guardian would be a land spear. A few years a go I would say warhorn, but that ship sailed now, the balance team is still monkeying around and denying guardian access to swiftness, but we have mounts now.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:Dual pistols with a spec focused on mobility.

The only other weapon I would like to see on guardian would be a land spear. A few years a go I would say warhorn, but that ship sailed now, the balance team is still monkeying around and denying guardian access to swiftness, but we have mounts now.

If they make a pistol, i hope its virtues are leaps based with stances or echos as utilities :|I think i would play pistol shield warhammer space marine alike :|

but when i see the staff and SW..... i feel again they need to be remove for something else (hammer+offhand XD) and later re-add staff and SW ritualist based elite trait.

@otto.5684 said:In all possibility we will get an OH weapon. I think it will be either axe or warhorn. Warhorn will be cooler, and goes with the support theme.

Pistol/rifle are not likely, cuz they are not thematic with guardian, and we already have 2 ranged weapons. Dagger is not thematic with guardian either, but I though the same regarding warrior and it works.

You're right. DH got a 2 handed weapon, firebrand a one-handed one. All we are missing is an offhand. However, isn't firebrand already a good support spec? Or do you mean we should get an even more supportive spec (like druid)?

All of guardian's remaining possible options for a new elite spec are rather lackluster and don't fit that well with guardian thematically. I saw this coming after HoT release; guard pretty much only had warhorn and axe left (situation is even worse for warrior). This is why I advocated them introducing new weapons into the game:

• Greataxe: We have 1 and 2-handed versions of: swords, magical catalysts, blunt weapons and guns. I think it's only fair that we get a 2h great-axe.

• Polearm/Glaive: It strikes me as very peculiar that we had watchknights with their halberds, a boatload of concept art depicting spears/polearm weapons and the fact that throughout history in real life, spears have been probably the most common weapon to be used in warfare before the advent of firearms.... yet despite this we have no similar option in game.

• Crossbow/bowgun of sorts: This would be the "1-handed version" of the longbow or shortbow. It could even be equipped in an off-hand.

This would play out nicely over the next 2-4 expacs (assuming this is as much as GW2 has left) Next two expacs we could have for example:

• Warrior-Greataxe then Polearm
  • Guardian-Polearm then Warhorn
  • Revenant-Greatsword then offhand bowgun
  • Engi-MH mace then MH bowgun
  • Ranger-MH bowgun then Greataxe
  • Thief-Offhand bowgun then MH mace.
  • Elementalist-Polearm then Greatsword
  • Mesmer-MH pistol then Polearm
  • Necromancer-Greataxe then MH sword