[Feedback]: DPI Scaling

This new feature stopped 3D, Stereoscopic, from working. due to that I say the following: If your team decides to remove Stereoscopic support (after giving it to us for since GW2 start!) we need to know. I, for one, will play much less in 2D and do not play using VR at all; most of us do not. I will stop spending money to do expensive things and won't buy in your store. GW2 will become one of many back-burner games for me. It was literally the 3D that kept me hooked and playing for hours. The 3D effects on the Legionaries was also amazing. If you pull 3D support in favor of higher VR resolution without giving us a 3D choice, then in my book you are criminals for causing all of us that paid for the Stereoscopic in your "Options" panel. I will stop trusting ArenaNet and flame you in as many places as possible on customer service.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:I bet most people don't even use DPI scaling in Windows at all, but like me run @ native 100% setting.

I think that in Windows 7, the default DPI setting is always 100%; that in Windows 8.x, the default DPI setting increases to 125% when the vertical resolution is more than 1080; and that in Windows 10, the default increases to 125% when the vertical resolution is 1080 or more.

@evilsofa.7296 said:

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:I bet most people don't even use DPI scaling in Windows at all, but like me run @ native 100% setting.

I
think
that in Windows 7, the default DPI setting is always 100%; that in Windows 8.x, the default DPI setting increases to 125% when the vertical resolution is more than 1080; and that in Windows 10, the default increases to 125% when the vertical resolution is 1080 or more.

Thanks for the information!

I still have this huge login window which covers almost my entire screen. It scales normally when I scale everything down to 100% (Win 10) but then everything else is nearly unreadable. So I switched back to the recommended 125%.

I figured out it has something to do with dpi awareness. I don't know how to tell the login window to scale at 100% only without scaling everything else too. There are two windows: first a nearly full white one with GuildWars2, the ArenaNet Logo written in it which initializes and which is as small as before but then the login window appears which now is a giant one.

I am also still seeing a huge launcher window....even though I unchecked the DPI setting in game which fixed my UI size. Although I can't read anything unless I enlarge the UI size, which still brings the hotbar keys back up to large. Why can't we have text sizing separated from the UI elements for our hotbar keys. We can adjust the size of the map and the chat boxes but not the text?

Then there is the issue of the launcher being 3/4 the size of my monitory screen. I had set all my pc settings so that I could actually read text at the size I need without making my icons larger (different settings for those). Before the patch my launcher was just fine. But ever since the patch it covers 3/4 of my screen space. What a mess.

Update: I also went back to see about adjusting my pc settings and when I adjusted for icon sizes, everything on my screen became extremely small at the 100% setting and I could not even read any of the title texts. It did decrease the launcher size by about 1/5 of the current giant size, but in the process I can't read anything else. So I had to go back and reverse the regular settings so I could actually see things normally, but the launcher is back to it gigantic size.

My question is this: Why can't we readjust the size of the launcher without affecting everything else in sight?

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:What is up with the mouse cursor?? It has never been that easy to see, but since this update the cursor is a fraction of the size it used to be and is almost impossible to see. This is probably one of many unintended consequences of making such a drastic change, but now is a serious QoL loss. Please make whatever change needed to restore the cursor back to a visible size please.

I'm also having this issue, 5k monitor set at 2560x1440 with DPI scaling off results in a teeny tiny cursor!

@Vandril.3490 said:@"Jon Olson.8439" : I'm also experiencing the issue of the DPI Scaling setting not saving. In fact, after testing, of the few graphics options I tried to test, none of my graphics settings changes are saving. It's worth noting that I have not tested every setting option under the Graphics tab, but rather only a handful. In %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/, the GFXSettings.Gw2-64.exe XML file is not updating when I change settings and close the GW2 client. I imagine it's meant to. (Unless it's a "default settings" file?) I use the 64-bit GW2 client, and editing this file does change my settings when I load the game.

For example, I was able to default the DPI Scaling setting to off by finding its corresponding line in the GFXSettings.Gw2-64.exe XML file...

<OPTION Name="dpiScaling" Registered="True" Type="Bool" Value="true"/>

...and changing Value="true" to Value="false".

So, instead of being unable to keep DPI Scaling disabled when I restart the client, DPI Scaling now turns itself off every time I restart the client.

All of this is, of course, a new issue that only popped up after the recent patch which introduced DPI Scaling as a setting.

Thanks for this, for mac 32bit users you need to press alt from the finder window to be able to access 'Library', from there application support from the 'Go' menu, then go to application support, GW2 > p-drive > User > Application Data > Guild Wars 2 & then open GFXSettings.Gw2.exe.xml and make the change.

I'm running 1920x1200 which is, like 1680x1050, a 16:10 aspect ratio instead of the now common 16:9. So I guess that puts us pretty low on the priority list.Right now I can choose between straining my eyes looking at small font, straining my eyes looking at blurred font or taking a break, which is what I've opted to do.