Request to the Balance Dev's — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Request to the Balance Dev's

X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 24, 2017 in WvW

Spend an hour in WvW on reset night (that's Friday btw).

See what it is like to be constantly stun locked and knocked around all over the place while being spammed with every condition.

See what it is like to be killed by invisible players.

See what it is like trying to fight players who spam stealth.

Oh yea, don't forget to blast your light fields ;)

BG

Comments

  • Malerian.8435Malerian.8435 Member ✭✭✭

    I assure you they play at reset. No need to attack the Devs. We all know there are issues, and I am sure they are aware of issues as well. They also can not cater to everyone.

    Being underestimated is one of the biggest competitive advantages you have!

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017

    These are not the forums you are looking for.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic || Class Offense Defense Movement Balance is So Terribad ||

  • When I read the thread title, I thought some sort of developer gymnastics request was on the way.

  • Jana.6831Jana.6831 Member ✭✭✭

    @Blockhead Magee.3092 said:
    When I read the thread title, I thought some sort of developer gymnastics request was on the way.

    And I thought "Man, about time! Gaile is so OP!!"

    the gentle art of making enemies.

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Blockhead Magee.3092 said:
    When I read the thread title, I thought some sort of developer gymnastics request was on the way.

    Lol I just saw that

    BG

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2017

    devs need to play at least 2 hours a day per week.

    or rcord be able to see what happens on a.server at x time and review. just like having security cams.

    or watch streamers play and see how things are.

    as chef ramzey would comment.

    did you taste your food?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • coglin.1496coglin.1496 Member ✭✭✭

    @X T D.6458 said:
    Spend an hour in WvW on reset night (that's Friday btw).

    See what it is like to be constantly stun locked and knocked around all over the place while being spammed with every condition.

    See what it is like to be killed by invisible players.

    See what it is like trying to fight players who spam stealth.

    Oh yea, don't forget to blast your light fields ;)

    If you stay stun locked it is because you are making bad choices, either by poor play, poor comp, or a poor build.

    Do not confuse your objective opinion with that of objective fact. Remember, what you say matters, not what you meant to say.

  • The only use "Stand Your Ground" now has, is as a stun break. Any boons get instantly stripped from the way too easily accessible sources of boon strip and boon corrupt

    On the other hand, condition spam is still way too disgusting

  • Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭

    some ppl wont rest till the class is nerfed to the ground

  • psizone.8437psizone.8437 Member ✭✭✭

    They really need to set aside time and manpower to properly balance things.

    It's somewhat saddening reading forum/reddit posts about things that are broken and imbalanced. Even well worded, sincere posts with great suggestions for change are crapped on because there is a large amount of players that do anything in their power to stop their class from being nerfed in the name of proper balance.

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Roxanne.6140 said:
    some ppl wont rest till the class is nerfed to the ground

    I am not interested in seeing any class nerfed to the ground. I want to see all classes viable for WvW because they each have something different to offer. What I want is for the balance department to actually focus on fixing the many broken things regarding class balance. If a class becomes useless after a skill/trait that is clearly overpowered gets fixed, that clearly means it is designed badly. I never liked the idea of attaching gimmicks to classes, and have always favored focusing on counterplay design.

    I play all classes, and have a good amount of experience with different types of builds. It is not hard to see what is broken and overpowered. Keep in mind, I don't call out any classes, I have a problem with the unbalanced mechanics. Condition mechanics are clearly broken, there is too much CC spam, and abuse of stealth which should never have been put into the game and has never been balanced.

    BG

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I believe balance devs are mix of devs picked from different groups. The main problem is the slow balancing cycle make things progress too slowly. If they really interested to keep things equal as possible, balance cycle would be a month. If they gave excuse like ongoing league, please compare to other games, did other games care about their ongoing ladder when they release balance patch? Anet's focus is not just on balancing, the game main focus is still pve.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    I believe balance devs are mix of devs picked from different groups. The main problem is the slow balancing cycle make things progress too slowly. If they really interested to keep things equal as possible, balance cycle would be a month. If they gave excuse like ongoing league, please compare to other games, did other games care about their ongoing ladder when they release balance patch? Anet's focus is not just on balancing, the game main focus is still pve.

    I do not really mind the current cycle for major balance updates because I believe it is important for a variety of reasons. What I think they need to do is focus more on fixing things that are broken, and this should be done more often. So this way a few skills and traits can be fixed as needed without having to wait months for a major update.

    I have always said they need to do more to split skill balance between game modes, you simply cannot properly balance WvW around pve/p and vice versa, they are all entirely separate. I should not be able to put 40 stacks of torment, over 30 stacks of bleed, 20 stacks of burning, on another player by myself, in pve sure who cares, but in wvw this is absolutely unacceptable.

    BG

  • Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭

    @X T D.6458 said:
    I should not be able to put 40 stacks of torment, over 30 stacks of bleed, 20 stacks of burning, on another player by myself, in pve sure who cares, but in wvw this is absolutely unacceptable.

    no class is able to do that solo...

    @Reverence.6915 said:
    The only use "Stand Your Ground" now has, is as a stun break. Any boons get instantly stripped from the way too easily accessible sources of boon strip and boon corrupt
    On the other hand, condition spam is still way too disgusting

    its funny so many people re crying permanently because of booncorrupts in wvw. the boonshare meta last 2 years was the most kitten thing in this game ever. so its very good that this is over now.

  • Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭

    This thread is why this game cannot be invested in. And will always remain casual because what you have now will be taken away anytime

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zero.3871 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:
    I should not be able to put 40 stacks of torment, over 30 stacks of bleed, 20 stacks of burning, on another player by myself, in pve sure who cares, but in wvw this is absolutely unacceptable.

    no class is able to do that solo...

    I did not mean all at once lol

    BG

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Roxanne.6140 said:
    This thread is why this game cannot be invested in. And will always remain casual because what you have now will be taken away anytime

    So nothing should ever be fixed?

    BG

  • Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @Zero.3871 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:
    I should not be able to put 40 stacks of torment, over 30 stacks of bleed, 20 stacks of burning, on another player by myself, in pve sure who cares, but in wvw this is absolutely unacceptable.

    no class is able to do that solo...

    I did not mean all at once lol

    but is power better? warriors does 12 k with their hits, mesmer shatter you easily with 20 k, thiefs backstab you with 10 k every few seconds....i think dmg is generally tooo high in this game.

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zero.3871 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @Zero.3871 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:
    I should not be able to put 40 stacks of torment, over 30 stacks of bleed, 20 stacks of burning, on another player by myself, in pve sure who cares, but in wvw this is absolutely unacceptable.

    no class is able to do that solo...

    I did not mean all at once lol

    but is power better? warriors does 12 k with their hits, mesmer shatter you easily with 20 k, thiefs backstab you with 10 k every few seconds....i think dmg is generally tooo high in this game.

    I have issues with the damage of certain skills as well, and some need to be toned down. However the mechanics of power damage are not as broken as conditions are. With power it is more of an issue with specific skills/traits rather then the overall mechanics.

    BG

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    I believe balance devs are mix of devs picked from different groups. The main problem is the slow balancing cycle make things progress too slowly. If they really interested to keep things equal as possible, balance cycle would be a month. If they gave excuse like ongoing league, please compare to other games, did other games care about their ongoing ladder when they release balance patch? Anet's focus is not just on balancing, the game main focus is still pve.

    I do not really mind the current cycle for major balance updates because I believe it is important for a variety of reasons. What I think they need to do is focus more on fixing things that are broken, and this should be done more often. So this way a few skills and traits can be fixed as needed without having to wait months for a major update.

    I have always said they need to do more to split skill balance between game modes, you simply cannot properly balance WvW around pve/p and vice versa, they are all entirely separate. I should not be able to put 40 stacks of torment, over 30 stacks of bleed, 20 stacks of burning, on another player by myself, in pve sure who cares, but in wvw this is absolutely unacceptable.

    3 months cycle, inbetween there are new foods and stats from living stories. How are you hoping to "balance" things with that level of frequency? The increase of balance cycles will allow devs to fine tune things (especially after drastic changes) and not just one type of drastic balance changes approach which nobody can predict how well it will work.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    I believe balance devs are mix of devs picked from different groups. The main problem is the slow balancing cycle make things progress too slowly. If they really interested to keep things equal as possible, balance cycle would be a month. If they gave excuse like ongoing league, please compare to other games, did other games care about their ongoing ladder when they release balance patch? Anet's focus is not just on balancing, the game main focus is still pve.

    I do not really mind the current cycle for major balance updates because I believe it is important for a variety of reasons. What I think they need to do is focus more on fixing things that are broken, and this should be done more often. So this way a few skills and traits can be fixed as needed without having to wait months for a major update.

    I have always said they need to do more to split skill balance between game modes, you simply cannot properly balance WvW around pve/p and vice versa, they are all entirely separate. I should not be able to put 40 stacks of torment, over 30 stacks of bleed, 20 stacks of burning, on another player by myself, in pve sure who cares, but in wvw this is absolutely unacceptable.

    3 months cycle, inbetween there are new foods and stats from living stories. How are you hoping to "balance" things with that level of frequency? The increase of balance cycles will allow devs to fine tune things (especially after drastic changes) and not just one type of drastic balance changes approach which nobody can predict how well it will work.

    There are several reasons why they should not do major balance updates too quickly. For one, it affects every game mode and can drastically affect players and cause groups to alter their builds, gear, etc. This is not something to take lightly. Second you need some time to pass by to see the effect of stats, foods, etc, anything that is introduced or becomes the new meta in a game mode.

    What I prefer is to have smaller updates done on individual skills and traits that clearly need to be toned down. For example Deaths Judgement in WvW clearly needs to be nerfed, we should not have to wait months for that when indivdual skills can be done in smaller updates. The major balance updates should focus more on the entire class, and game mechanics etc.

    BG

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    I believe balance devs are mix of devs picked from different groups. The main problem is the slow balancing cycle make things progress too slowly. If they really interested to keep things equal as possible, balance cycle would be a month. If they gave excuse like ongoing league, please compare to other games, did other games care about their ongoing ladder when they release balance patch? Anet's focus is not just on balancing, the game main focus is still pve.

    I do not really mind the current cycle for major balance updates because I believe it is important for a variety of reasons. What I think they need to do is focus more on fixing things that are broken, and this should be done more often. So this way a few skills and traits can be fixed as needed without having to wait months for a major update.

    I have always said they need to do more to split skill balance between game modes, you simply cannot properly balance WvW around pve/p and vice versa, they are all entirely separate. I should not be able to put 40 stacks of torment, over 30 stacks of bleed, 20 stacks of burning, on another player by myself, in pve sure who cares, but in wvw this is absolutely unacceptable.

    3 months cycle, inbetween there are new foods and stats from living stories. How are you hoping to "balance" things with that level of frequency? The increase of balance cycles will allow devs to fine tune things (especially after drastic changes) and not just one type of drastic balance changes approach which nobody can predict how well it will work.

    There are several reasons why they should not do major balance updates too quickly. For one, it affects every game mode and can drastically affect players and cause groups to alter their builds, gear, etc. This is not something to take lightly. Second you need some time to pass by to see the effect of stats, foods, etc, anything that is introduced or becomes the new meta in a game mode.

    What I prefer is to have smaller updates done on individual skills and traits that clearly need to be toned down. For example Deaths Judgement in WvW clearly needs to be nerfed, we should not have to wait months for that when indivdual skills can be done in smaller updates. The major balance updates should focus more on the entire class, and game mechanics etc.

    Yes, but they only got one type of cycle and that is major update, there is no minor fine tune updates cycles. So, in order for them to have fine tune updates, they need to increase the frequency of the updates which they are not so willing to which I believe because too much work. Generally, still a pve game.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.