Favorite Quotes.

My favorite early line: (though I am paraphrasing and probably screwing this up.)Zojja: “Shut your talk-hole, bookah. Every time it opens, you drip stupid all over my floor.”

Canach's comments about Caudecus Beetlestone's proclivities toward Logan Thackaray, and his style of dress and decorating... Canach, in general, is well voiced and has fun lines.During the LWS3 episode line re: the ' razor of fate swinging'... and the commander's response: 'fate's razor? No, nevermind.' It was well set-up.

Excuse my paraphrasing. None of these are direct quotes.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rally to me, Ascalonians!

The Charr is here. Brothers and sisters, to arms!

I wish you clear skies.

May Grenth shield you.May Melandru guide you.May Kormir enlighten you.May Balthazar strength you.May Dwayna bless you.May Lyssa inspire you.

Temar, Tegon. Feast!

1st

-Seraph: Slavery's illegal in Kryta. Even the animals know that. It looks like some animals need to be reminded. (OMFG!!! :o :o :o )-Centaur: You'll regret those words when I whip the skin off your bones!2ndArkk: Go. Away. See? This is the price of your incessant desire to pry into things beyond your understanding. Satisfied? B)3rdLet the Blood Legion charge blindly to their deaths. Let the Iron Legion build its machines of war. You will find me in the shadows. This. is my story.4thBraham: Talk to me after they've taken your mother.

My favorite non-story ambient NPC chatter is from Snowden Drifts:Hunter #1: The spring water is a lot warmer here than at home.Hunter #2: That's because there's a drake in the tunnels below, breathing fire on the rocks.Hunter #1: Really?Hunter #2: Sure. There's also a krait catching our fish and a centaur giving rides to the children.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Canach as Caudecus: "I need at least six reliefs of my face. No, no, bigger. Like eight feet tall. Something that really captures my essence: a catastrophically misguided, swagger-sodden plague sore."How could you hate Canach's quotes? This is one of my favorites.

I didn't say I hated it, though?

Sorry, that's not what I meant. :S I meant everyone loves Canach's quotes. I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of hating it. I'm sorry, let me edit my post to clarify.

At Statics Union, Rata Sum:

Statics Researcher 1: I could hardly function at all yesterday. I couldn't find my favourite septacaliper.Statics Researcher 2: Maybe someone borrowed it and simply neglected to return it.Statics Researcher 1: Perhaps. I eventually found it in an adjacent receptacle.Statics Researcher 1: But who in their right mind puts a septacaliper in an optocaliper receptacle? Lunacy!

Godlike!

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Canach as Caudecus: "I need at least six reliefs of my face. No, no, bigger. Like eight feet tall. Something that really captures my essence: a catastrophically misguided, swagger-sodden plague sore."How could you hate Canach's quotes? This is one of my favorites.

Sorry, that's not what I meant. :S I meant everyone loves Canach's quotes. I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of hating it. I'm sorry, let me edit my post to clarify.

Ohhhh ok. I see. :) I agree; what's not to love about Canach and his awesome sass?

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Ohhhh ok. I see. :) I agree; what's not to love about Canach and his awesome sass?

Exactly! I also love the part in LS2 where he's still under Anise's leash and Canach realizes how good she is at a Memser and says something like: "I wonder if you really are as old as you loo--"

Anise shuts him down before finishing. XD

"You will never leave this place, D'Alessio. Not until you obey!" -Deimos

Deimos: You will die where and when I decide!Deimos: You will be consumed!Deimos: Your soul will never rest! Your name will forever be poison on the lips of your people!Saul D'Alessio: You have no power over me!Deimos: (demonic laughter)

Saul D'Alessio: "Now i'm free."

Personally loved the Deimos fight, and I hope we get to see more stuff like it in the future.

Keeper Pamir: Remember the old Sunspear saying, Kossan.Kossan: ' You never fight alone...'

It we really nice to hear the Sunspear motto again. I'm kinda surprised that the actual Sunspear npcs did not say it. (They may have said it, and I probably missed it.)

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:"What part of secret society do you not understand?!""Demmi's been kidnapped by pirates! Cool! I mean... interesting.""And I have a lovely set of... apples."

"They're all at the tavern. If we can get them drinking and talking, they'll spill the apples."

This one always cracked me up:Grana Gruzzlemaw--"You must be made of sponges! Oh, wise one.. teach me.. teach me your ways."

Lady Wi--"Tybalt may be a short-sighted nincompoop, but you can trust him."Tibs--"Thanks, I... think?"

Forgal--"Right, then. Don't worry about 'hello', just skip straight to 'surrender or die'."

Male Charr PC, when discovering a new area: “I need some SPACE!”

Mad King Thorn: "I fought an asura warrior the other day, and my shins are KILLING me! (laugh)"

Countess Anise: "The note said that Estelle was in a bandit gambling parlor when she was supposedly spying on our queen. Reminding her of this will be enough to make her drop her lie faster than Faren's dignity."

Also to long to post here, but I really enjoyed the recorded holodiary of Ceara/Scarlet in "Prosperity's mystery" (in Gates of Maguuma, LS2)

@Fluffball.8307 said:There are a couple hunters in Queensdale that make a joke about ferocious beasts, and one says "I thought you wife wasn't pregnant anymore" or something along those lines. I can't find the quote but it's golden. Someone find it and post it.

Bry: Many a mighty beast has succumbed to my might.Grismettle: That reminds me. Did I tell you my wife is pregnant?Bry: How does that remind you of your wife?

There's a video of it here. :)

Some epitaphs are also memorable.

He thought tickling moas would be a joyAnd then they kicked to death that silly boyHe thought he couldOutrun a centaurGot everything for free, never satisfied with what he gotWe hope he'll be happy with this plotHe learned an important lesson about fightingDon't stand in water when casting lightningHer passing came as a surprise to allIncluding her incompetent doctor.

Phlunt is also funny, when he calls Taimi "progeny" and "little degenerate".I also loved my mentor when he said "Burn me! I'm a human girl! Whoa, I've got two hands and some lovely... apples". That cutscene was hilarious.These days we always hear "Whoa! You scared me! That's the most hideous mask I ever saw!". "What mask?". But it's always funny.

Trahearne (WELL DONE!), Canach, our character itself (female human/asura, male charr, it doesn't matter that much) they all have wonderful voice actors. I'm in love with this game mostly for the quality of the dubbing (voice and lines). When you explore the map and take a rest on a random outpost and stay there minutes to listen to the dialogues of 2 random sylvari (a knight and a scholar), an asura and a naive sylvari (did you fall from a tree? no, not today), or a charr humming a song with his deep voice. It's wonderful.

@Redfeather.6401 said:I don't remember much except for those two guys near the dungeon armour vendor that are talking about the aerodrome and what it looks like.

Gotcha covered:

Crusader Aurus Fuseblight: What's this sculpture supposed to be?Antonin: Isn't it obvious? The lights are eyes.Crusader Aurus Fuseblight: Quit pulling my tail.Antonin: Look at the eyes. Tilt your head a little.Crusader Aurus Fuseblight: Come on, I don't—burn me, it's a stringray.

There's a spot in Divinity's Reach where some children trade off a patch of grass as a play space:

Little Figo: No girls allowed. Only centaurs!Melonni: You're not the boss of me, horseface! We were here first.Little Figo: No, you weren't. I'm gonna knock your butt in the mud!Melonni: Oh, no you won't. Gwen! Jora! Prepare to deploy cooties!Little Figo: Get away! Don't touch me! (...runs away with his friends)Melonni: Rawr! I'm a charr, and I'm going to eat you!

As a primarily Charr player, I often get a chuckle as my characters stumble on that conversation.

Asura conversations with anyone else are almost always interesting, especially when it doesn't go as planned:

Bachlag (Sylvari): Look out, sir! There's a charr nearby!Eblo (Asura): Don't worry, sprout. Charr may look tough, but it's an act. all roar, no claws.Backlag: But they're monsters! They'll eat me, won't they? Do they eat vegetables?Eblo: Meat, vegetables, fruit, catnip—but I don't think they'd eat you.Eblo: What? Did you fall off the tree yesterday?Bachlag: Certainly not, sir! I fell off the tree five days ago! I fell off a turnip cart yesterday.Gate Assistant (Sylvari): Your golem is strange. Was strange, rather.Gate Engineer (Asura): You drove it away, you know. I've never seen a golem run that fast.Gate Assistant: I only wanted to ask it a few questions.Gate Engineer: Oh, I know. You guys are full of them.Gate Assistant: Oh, yes. What it's like to be a golem? Does it dream? Does it have a family?Gate Engineer: That was the last straw you know. After that question about turtles in the desert, you asked it about its mother.Gate Assistant: So?Gate Engineer: It doesn't have a mother. It's a golem. You crossed its circuits. I don't know how you did it, but you weirded out MY golem!Gate Assistant: So, you are the mother? Or the father?Gate Engineer: What? Well, I—I guess I... Oh no. You're not getting in my head. You just stand there and help me monitor the gate.Gate Engineer: Am I the mother? Blazing braces, this is what I get for working with the tree children.

The Gate crew can have fun even without anyone else to talk to:

Graff: Personal log: These norn call me "squab". I presume they mean it as an insult or taunt.Gatekeeper: So, I told him, "New regulations stipulate you must remove your boots and belt before traveling."Gatekeeper (2): And he fell for it?Gatekeeper: Completely. He had to hold his pants up as he entered the gate.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Yaskin Forrit.2185" said:I can't remember who says this (or even if I remember it correctly)"Sneaky mode engaged"

The asura progeny and young skitt in LA.

Those two scoundrels are all over LA, but the apple theft is their funniest dialog.

Snikk: All clear!Snikk: Hold on. Yeah, she's there.Snikk: Agent Scratch, engage sneaky mode.Scratch: You be lookout.Snikk: Get me an apple too.Apple Vendor: Hey! Thief!Scratch: Got 'em! Run!Snikk: I'm using my magic feet...go!Apple Vendor: Come back here with that, you little...Apple Vendor: (sigh) Little stinkers.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Redfeather.6401 said:I don't remember much except for those two guys near the dungeon armour vendor that are talking about the aerodrome and what it looks like.

Gotcha covered:

Crusader Aurus Fuseblight: What's this sculpture supposed to be?Antonin: Isn't it obvious? The lights are eyes.Crusader Aurus Fuseblight: Quit pulling my tail.Antonin: Look at the eyes. Tilt your head a little.Crusader Aurus Fuseblight: Come on, I don't—burn me, it's a stringray.

I never get tired of that convo. It's awesome. Even made ME look and go "Oh! I see it!"

@Civilis.2547 said:Asura conversations with anyone else are almost always interesting, especially when it doesn't go as planned:

Bachlag (Sylvari): Look out, sir! There's a charr nearby!Eblo (Asura): Don't worry, sprout. Charr may look tough, but it's an act. all roar, no claws.Backlag: But they're monsters! They'll eat me, won't they? Do they eat vegetables?Eblo: Meat, vegetables, fruit, catnip—but I don't think they'd eat you.Eblo: What? Did you fall off the tree yesterday?Bachlag: Certainly not, sir! I fell off the tree five days ago! I fell off a turnip cart yesterday.Gate Assistant (Sylvari): Your golem is strange. Was strange, rather.Gate Engineer (Asura): You drove it away, you know. I've never seen a golem run that fast.Gate Assistant: I only wanted to ask it a few questions.Gate Engineer: Oh, I know. You guys are full of them.Gate Assistant: Oh, yes. What it's like to be a golem? Does it dream? Does it have a family?Gate Engineer: That was the last straw you know. After that question about turtles in the desert, you asked it about its mother.Gate Assistant: So?Gate Engineer: It doesn't have a mother. It's a golem. You crossed its circuits. I don't know how you did it, but you weirded out MY golem!Gate Assistant: So, you are the mother? Or the father?Gate Engineer: What? Well, I—I guess I... Oh no. You're not getting in my head. You just stand there and help me monitor the gate.Gate Engineer: Am I the mother? Blazing braces, this is what I get for working with the tree children.

The Gate crew can have fun even without anyone else to talk to:

Graff: Personal log: These norn call me "squab". I presume they mean it as an insult or taunt.Gatekeeper: So, I told him, "New regulations stipulate you must remove your boots and belt before traveling."Gatekeeper (2): And he fell for it?Gatekeeper: Completely. He had to hold his pants up as he entered the gate.

I need to start checking out these npcs. Reading all of this made me laugh, I'm sure I would be in tears if I heard it in game.