What's your ideal server pairing for new linking this Friday? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What's your ideal server pairing for new linking this Friday?

Blodeuyn.2751Blodeuyn.2751 Member ✭✭✭

I'm hoping Ehmry Bay (my server) is paired with Tarnished Coast.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]

Comments

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping ebay linked with hod again, EBAY + STRM forever ;-)

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Bg pair with mag

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Blackgate + Maguuma?

• Malerian.8435Malerian.8435 Member ✭✭✭

Anything but FA, MAG, or DB.

Being underestimated is one of the biggest competitive advantages you have!

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

BG+TC <3
    What, it's the only way to bring TC back to it's glory days :3

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• Just me on one server with king kong wvw booster from gemstore farming hundreds of bags and they get two blues and a green if they manage to kill me. :P

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Tier 1 (that is the top 3) unlinked
    Tier 2 + 1 Tier 3 server each linked
    Tier 4 (this is the bottom 3) linked together
    vs
    All odd guests linked
    vs
    all even guests linked

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    vs
    All odd guests linked
    vs
    all even guests linked

Not linking T1 needs to apply to the three largest servers. Not the ones IN T1. With one up / one down, it would force a constant shift of who gets a link.

This would mean Dragonbrand or Sea of Sorrows would be bereft of a link. It would just depend on if you say T1 before or after reset.

• Sylvyn.4750Sylvyn.4750 Member ✭✭✭

That 3rd T1 spot is tough right now...don't think any current server or linked server has a chance of kicking Mag or BG out of the top 2.

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2017

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    vs
    All odd guests linked
    vs
    all even guests linked

Not linking T1 needs to apply to the three largest servers. Not the ones IN T1. With one up / one down, it would force a constant shift of who gets a link.

This would mean Dragonbrand or Sea of Sorrows would be bereft of a link. It would just depend on if you say T1 before or after reset.

I was going by https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw for the purpose of this dream sequence, but since it'll never happen let's just say BG / MAG / JQ are the top 3 I was referring to.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

SF to come back to FA. It was my original server and its always nice to see old friends that I abandoned long ago.

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    vs
    All odd guests linked
    vs
    all even guests linked

I was going by https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw for the purpose of this dream sequence, but since it'll never happen let's just say BG / MAG / JQ are the top 3 I was referring to.

That, I could agree with.

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

They just need to keep BG/JQ/MAG unlinked and balance out the rest.

BG

• Blacktide & underworld °<3

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@X T D.6458 said:

But shouldn't they Balance JQ and Mag to be able to match BG too? No host can compete with BG without a link atm and Arena Net refuse to open other servers to build up population.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@X T D.6458 said:

But shouldn't they Balance JQ and Mag to be able to match BG too? No host can compete with BG without a link atm and Arena Net refuse to open other servers to build up population.

Here is the problem with linking, it is a short term boost and it does not last with the top servers. Giving links to top servers backfires in the long run because it actually punishes them for winning. The host becomes dependent on the increased population from the link, which is often bandwagoned. Eventually the link is removed and the host server is unable to stay competitive.

For smaller servers this is less of a problem because they should, hypothetically, always have a link. Therefore they will always have at least some boost in population, and make smaller servers or their links more of a destination for transfers.
    I have always supported using links primarily to boost the populations of smaller servers where it is needed more.

Population can only go so far in helping a server win a matchup. Population is not the only determining factor, if a server does not play to win they wont win, regardless of how many people they have.

BG

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

CD plus the GUEST server DH.

[VII] Desert Spectre - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    vs
    All odd guests linked
    vs
    all even guests linked

The two other largest servers without links won't be able to compete against BG, who is still beating servers that have links right now.

Also unlink tier 4, let people who want to play on dead servers with roaming and less blobs can move there. Move most of the links to tier 2 and 3 to try and match servers better with tier 1, since one tier 2 has to bounce up there every week.

EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    vs
    All odd guests linked
    vs
    all even guests linked

The two other largest servers without links won't be able to compete against BG, who is still beating servers that have links right now.

Also unlink tier 4, let people who want to play on dead servers with roaming and less blobs can move there. Move most of the links to tier 2 and 3 to try and match servers better with tier 1, since one tier 2 has to bounce up there every week.

Not arguing with you on that Xen. He said 'tier 1' which would be a mess if they based it on score rankings. BG doesn't need a link. Not sure MAG nor JQ do either, but likely MAG does. They don't PPT, and I think the only thing that keeps their PPT up is their link partner.

• I’m really hoping maguuma gets linked with Blackgate

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    Not arguing with you on that Xen. He said 'tier 1' which would be a mess if they based it on score rankings. BG doesn't need a link. Not sure MAG nor JQ do either, but likely MAG does. They don't PPT, and I think the only thing that keeps their PPT up is their link partner.

Yeah either way Mag isn't as stacked as people think, but not going to go into too much details about that. They will fight for smc to get fights to come to them, and clean up homebl if they can, BG has made that hard lately as they seem to like upgrading mag hills to t3 all the time.
    I don't know what's going on with JQ lately, they're not really a ppk server like Mag although their kdr is high this week, did they legit lose wvw guilds or are they tanking for a link, maybe Cloudfly on another break too, who knows but the natives.
    There still isn't any servers that can compete with BG by themselves at the moment, they ppt hard, they have the coverage to keep stuff, and siege up like YB in the old days. Don't know if opening servers would even help, a ton of guilds/players already left Mag this year, do they really want to come back already? With the prospect of facing BG long term, again? (it's boring).

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ni In.6578 said:
    CD plus the GUEST server DH.

Yes please... So we can make a coup on CD and take it over.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• @Blodeuyn.2751 said:

I recognize that name. May Ebay and the Toast form together, in order to paint the borderlands a jaunty color using our enemies as dye. Perhaps we can then make a few collages detailing exploits and writing dashing homages to dark deities underneath.
    Or you know, just hang out and stuff. That would be okay too.

• JQ did lose guilds: [borp], [CF], and [Vale]. We're not as fat as you're assuming. Also, nobody wants to be 3rd in t1. Absolutely nobody. The tier is garbage.

@zhonnika.1784 said:
    JQ did lose guilds: [borp], [CF], and [Vale]. We're not as fat as you're assuming. Also, nobody wants to be 3rd in t1. Absolutely nobody. The tier is garbage.

There were still kinda fat when we faced them like a month ago, Cloudfly was still running his blobs around. But yes t1 is basically garbage.

• Titan.3472Titan.3472 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

BG + EU French & Russian middle sized guilds transfers (They are still waiting for server to open finally xD) And few Korean players should be back at the same time.

• @XenesisII.1540 said:
    BG+TC <3

just, no

ideal? would like a link with more non-NA prime guilds. being closed makes improving time zone coverage difficult

F L Ö, Guild Leader/Commander [ODIN], a TC Server Admin, TC Council

the process is its own reward. ~ Amelia Earhart

F L Ö, Guild Leader/Commander Valkyrja Söngur [ODIN] a server admin Tarnished Coast
    How awful it is to be without, as blood-red rack races overhead; is the welkin gory with warriors' blood as we Valkyries war-songs chanted 

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    vs
    All odd guests linked
    vs
    all even guests linked

They do like to blame DR for that also their drop in KDR, lol. Only 2 more days till relink. Hope we don't get stuck with Mag again!!!

Fàther - Create a mount then kill it until it's more useless than PvE. "Smart"
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• I want to see the link gone.

• @XenesisII.1540 said:

@zhonnika.1784 said:
    JQ did lose guilds: [borp], [CF], and [Vale]. We're not as fat as you're assuming. Also, nobody wants to be 3rd in t1. Absolutely nobody. The tier is garbage.

There were still kinda fat when we faced them like a month ago, Cloudfly was still running his blobs around. But yes t1 is basically garbage.

Would have been before those guilds left. And Cloud's blob is almost always around but it's also almost always 90% base rangers and "my build is so unique, teehee!".

• Evolute.6239Evolute.6239 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

If JQ doesn't get linked or opened, it's going to become current FA tbh

Nobody wants to be #3 T1

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

@Evolute.6239 said:

Nobody wants to be #3 T1

Maybe it is your server's turn next. Being Full with no link and dropping to T4 has already happened to several servers before FA. Remember, Anet said that JQ and FA have less playhours than BG while linked servers have more than BG.

• Jerry CCH.9816Jerry CCH.9816 Member ✭✭✭

JQ BG MAG gonna no link server.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Freydinand.1073 said:
    Blacktide & underworld °<3

Throw in WSR and FoW and we can make it a throw back to 2014

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

the server where o play is so dead that i dont think we wil get as host as usual :|, when ANet link 3 dead servers and those server manage to get to t1 where their population should be arround t3-t4...

something must be wrong with the game...

@Phlogistn.7893 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    BG+TC <3

just, no

ideal? would like a link with more non-NA prime guilds. being closed makes improving time zone coverage difficult

F L Ö, Guild Leader/Commander [ODIN], a TC Server Admin, TC Council

the process is its own reward. ~ Amelia Earhart

That was a joke btw.

• Frostwolve.2916Frostwolve.2916 Member ✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Evolute.6239 said:

Nobody wants to be #3 T1

Maybe it is your server's turn next. Being Full with no link and dropping to T4 has already happened to several servers before FA. Remember, Anet said that JQ and FA have less playhours than BG while linked servers have more than BG.

They said within 10% but didn’t say less than 5% which doesn’t seem like a lot but when dealing with large numbers that could mean anywhere from 300 to 1000 hours or more a week spent in wvw.

• Hope CD gets EBay or AR primarily due to roamer/havoc guys on those servers, always liked those guys.

• Warlord.9074Warlord.9074 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

Mag is a T3 server at best without a link we are fine with that, But I wouldn't call that balance. Link servers keep us in T1, Mag has been closed for a very long time it's not the overpopulated server people think anymore, It's just all the bandwoneers that flock to any server that is linked with Magumma that keeps it there.

Anet doesn't count off hours coverage when they do population counts. Mag has also been to T4 and closed, just like FA.

• Warlord.9074Warlord.9074 Member ✭✭✭

What we really need to do is just close all of the link servers and create new ones that those people can transfer to. Then deal with micro server balancing later.

• Keep JQ/BG/Mag with no links and I don't care after that.

Mag will drop to t3 and be happy, BG stays #1 because nobody wants T1 and JQ can float wherever they want tanking in hopes for the server to open. xD

@Warlord.9074 said:
    Mag is a T3 server at best without a link we are fine with that, But I wouldn't call that balance. Link servers keep us in T1, Mag has been closed for a very long time it's not the overpopulated server people think anymore, It's just all the bandwoneers that flock to any server that is linked with Magumma that keeps it there.

Anet doesn't count off hours coverage when they do population counts. Mag has also been to T4 and closed, just like FA.

The play hours for people on your server count for you. No one linked to you counts for your play hours.

Mag is a T-3 server without a link not because of population, it's because of a refusal (as is it's right) to PPT.

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

A link that has a good EU for FA pls. We get steamrolled even by t4 during EU.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

@Vermillion.4061 said:
    Keep JQ/BG/Mag with no links and I don't care after that.

Mag will drop to t3 and be happy, BG stays #1 because nobody wants T1 and JQ can float wherever they want tanking in hopes for the server to open. xD

And which two other servers do you volunteer to have a "good time" against BG?

• Cerby.1069Cerby.1069 Member ✭✭✭

I'm hoping Ehmry Bay (my server) is paired with Nobody.

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:

Ur joking right? When has TC ever proven themselves competent? They get zerged by the big server the first day and then they all run home and hide the entire week.

• [Match-up threads are not permitted on the forums, thank you!]

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.