[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Greatsword. I pray that we get a Power DPS spec that can actually push out competitive numbers. And I can already see some skills, imagine the opposite of axe 5, a line that pushes away enemies rather than pulls them in. Or a shockwave that u send out , that you can teleport to. Add an air spin and repetitive stab , and you got an awesome toolkit.

@AstralDusk.1670 said:

@narcx.3570 said:I vote pistol... Not enough classes use it, it has some solid skins, and we can maybe get some kind of cool, i-frame heavy, Gun-Kata legend.

I was just thinking that yesterday. If any class could do dual melee pistols and some cool gun-fu, it would be revenants.

Plus, "Legendary Gunslinger" actually sounds cool.

Greatsword, but melee greatsword. None of this Mesmer laser beam rubbish. Floating it beside the revenant like Balthazar would be really cool but I'd be happy to have it with standard animations.

Should thematically fit and be a power weapon. Rev has enough condi now.

@otto.5684 said:It is very unlikely that the next weapon will be a melee weapon. The most probably is mid ranged power weapon

This is Revanent.... Melee weapons are ranged weapons. The Animations they used for Balthazar's weapon is exactly what I imagined a Rev wielding a Greatsword would be like..... is both a melee and med range weapon, but moves on its own, commanded by the Rev's will. I've seen this done before in a couple of action platformers, and works to good effect; visually and mechanically.

@Sorem.9157 said:I'm really upset that this expansion's legend wasn't balthie :( It was right there asking for it. Legendary Warrior ftw.

Why would we be channelling balthazar... to kill balthazar?All this wishing for balthazar to be a legend needs to stop. Same goes for (spoilers ahead) others like: Trahaerne, Eir, Tyblat, Sieran and Forgal. (spoilers end) any elder dragon. It makes so little sense! Legends should be characters from the lore that bridges the gaps between GW1 and GW2 or from GW1 but not in GW2 so there are no lore + current story conflicts, I think that is the path they're following anyway thank goodness. The entire profession's existence is already a huge plot-hole in lore.

Through I want greatsword for next elite weapon,but I think the revenant are so boring to played if new elite is still about 5 new normal skills on Legendary Stance &F2F3F4 ...Why other professions can get 6 more slot skills and new mechanics as F1~F5.So I want a new mechanics for revenant that it not be switching Legendary Stance each 10 seconds only !

For example, F1 is still switch stance, F2 is make your next switching only have 5 seconds coldown, F3 is make your next skill you cast that have no energy cost, F4 is make your next attack have an extra effect.

Example 2:New elite will change energy bar into new mechanics. It become a new bar that calculate your all energy cost. 0 point is the normal , and 100 points is the maximum energy cost. Every second reduce 5 points energy cost. Each energy cost will delay the switching legendary stance skill (F1) you can use. It means when energy cost bar at 0 point only , your can switch another legendary stance. Furthermore, add a new trait that can increase maximum energy cost to 150 points, add a new trait that increase the reducing speed on energy cost.

@NaiveBayes.2587 said:

@Sorem.9157 said:I'm really upset that this expansion's legend wasn't balthie :( It was right there asking for it. Legendary Warrior ftw.

Why would we be channelling balthazar... to kill balthazar?All this wishing for balthazar to be a legend needs to stop. Same goes for
(spoilers ahead)
others like: Trahaerne, Eir, Tyblat, Sieran and Forgal.
(spoilers end)
any elder dragon. It makes so little sense! Legends should be characters from the lore that bridges the gaps between GW1 and GW2 or from GW1 but not in GW2 so there are no lore + current story conflicts, I think that is the path they're following anyway thank goodness. The entire profession's existence is already a huge plot-hole in lore.

! Plus, how could we even channel Balthazar from the Mists when he's not even there anymore thanks to our friendly neighborhood Revcat?

Greatsword, rifle, or longbow, if only because at least then we'd be guaranteed ten new skills. Because Revenant doesn't get alternate skill bars, or extra skills, or anything cool like that. We get five new rigid utility skills, maybe a crappy F skill or two, and then whatever our weapons get. So I really don't understand anyone asking for an offhand weapon only.

@The Spiral King.2483 said:Greatsword, rifle, or longbow, if only because at least then we'd be guaranteed ten new skills. Because Revenant doesn't get alternate skill bars, or extra skills, or anything cool like that. We get five new rigid utility skills, maybe a crappy F skill or two, and then whatever our weapons get. So I really don't understand anyone asking for an offhand weapon only.

5 slot weapons leads to shipwrecks as the shortbow: a design with no mobility or defensive skills which renders the weapon useless in 2 game modes (maybe even 3). If a new weapon is bad and fills 5 slots then will be utterly unusable. A new mainhand or offhand is a better choice because we already have playable weapons which can be combined with (sword, mace, axe and sword).

• 4 weeks later...