[SUGGESTION] Make 1 week of double tickets and a second week of triple tickets. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[SUGGESTION] Make 1 week of double tickets and a second week of triple tickets.

Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

The number of tickets earned per week is too low, 365 is just not enough! I have been playing WvW for 5 years and I have a rank of 2651; even then it will take me about 1 year to fully craft legendary armor and get backpack. I suggest that you make 1,2,3 weeks or 1,2 weeks where:

  • Week 1 gets normal reward tickets (365)
  • week 2 gets double reward thickets (365x2)
  • Then the weeks reset and go back to week 1 reward tickets (365)

or come up with something to speed up the number of thickets earned per week!

Charr Warrior Master Race!
Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

Comments

  • I'm relatively new in WvW and already have heard way more complaints about tickets cap than anything else in this game.

    To complete lege armor from raids you need 125 LI, which with 13 per week cap takes minimum around 9,6 weeks to obtain.

    Acquiring WvW tickets required to complete lege armor takes minimum 18 weeks (6570 tickets/365 per week) which is twice more time AND WvW version don't have exclusive apperance.

    For backpack+armor package you need 9020 tickets which takes minimum around 25 weeks to collect (year is 52 weeks ;)

    So yeah, we should definetly get more tickets per week.
    But don't forget that PvP lege armor need 300 PvP tickets so it takes 3 whole seasons to get them. And with each season lasting around 2 months it takes even more time than WvW, and we are not adding breaks between seasons to this.

    "Raising a building is like fighting a war...except you're hammering on something that's dead."

  • Blodeuyn.2751Blodeuyn.2751 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2017

    I think it's fine how it is. These rewards weren't meant to be quick.

    I do however support extra tickets for the duration of the Wintersday festival.

    Blodeuyn Tylwyth
    Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]

  • Actually, I think the time to offer double tickets would be during content droughts. So: not during Festivals, not when a new story is released, not when there's a new raid or fractal. But in all the times in between. This would encourage fresh blood to join WvW with the hardiest choosing to return for more after the bonus period expires.

    However, I don't think this would be a good thing to do in order to make skins or legendary-lite armor easier to obtain. If the ticket-rate is too low for the requirements (which might or might not be true), then ANet should simply change the rate permanently (or lower the requirements). I think it's okay that raid acquisition rate is far, far faster than WvW. WvW is a mode accessible to anyone; Raids are challenging content with commensurate rewards. (I wouldn't mind if the rates were tweaked; I just don't think it's essential.)

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    No, these are meant to be long term rewards.

    BG

  • xDudisx.5914xDudisx.5914 Member ✭✭✭

    Instead of making the wvw version easier they should make the pve version take longer to match with wvw/spvp.

  • Cerby.1069Cerby.1069 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

    Seems like a thread someone makes after looking up warbringer and figuring how just how long its gonna take them to craft it since they haven't started yet. This isn't something you farm. If you don't like wvsw, don't do it. Its not for YOU, its for WVSW PLAYERS. Stop making everything about YOU.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cerby.1069 said:
    Seems like a thread someone makes after looking up warbringer and figuring how just how long its gonna take them to craft it since they haven't started yet. This isn't something you farm. If you don't like wvsw, don't do it. Its not for YOU, its for WVSW PLAYERS. Stop making everything about YOU.

    I don't like the OP nor do I agree with him but at least I read what he wrote.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I wish they'd just hand the whiners what they want so we can stop talking about stupid loot.
    We all sparkle, it's the same as nobody sparkling. Most people can't even tell you sparkle in WvW because the game is an eyesore with sparkles turned on.

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

    I think Legendary Armor/Backpack should still be locked behind behind a timegate comparable with other game modes.

    However, In PvP you can buy ascended stuff and other goodies with Shards of Ascension which are awarded even in the repeatable chest from Byzanthium. Why WvW goodies all revolve around tickets which have a weekly cap? Lock Legendaries behind some other currency (Like PvP are locked behind the Season Tickets) or let us buy the ascended goodies with a non-capped currency.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • Jumpin Lumpix.6108Jumpin Lumpix.6108 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I like OP's suggestion

  • WvW leg armor should not take more time to achieve than pVE one, BUT WvW one doesn't have its own look and appearance.Also u need good amount of gold for WvW armor and gold income in WvW is not compare to Pve income.
    But anet dont give a kitten about wvw !

  • Rhiannon.1726Rhiannon.1726 Member ✭✭✭

    I don’t think you can compare the wvw legendary armor with the raid armor.

    You don’t need other people for wvw, you can do it semi afk and you can play whenever you want. You also don’t need a special build, it should just be decent enough to solo a camp.

    You can’t get 13 LIs easily when you start raiding, except when you have 9 friends that take you through a full clear.
    When you have to pug it, you’ll need weeks to get 13 LIs a week as you’ll hardly find groups for Sabetha, Matthias, Xera and Deimos that will take you below 100 LIs.
    You also have to invest gold in a good build and expensive buffood.

    BTW you need the same amount of tickets for your second set of legendary wvw armor while you need 300 LIs for your second set of the raid armor.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rhiannon.1726 said:
    I don’t think you can compare the wvw legendary armor with the raid armor.

    You don’t need other people for wvw, you can do it semi afk and you can play whenever you want. You also don’t need a special build, it should just be decent enough to solo a camp.

    You can’t get 13 LIs easily when you start raiding, except when you have 9 friends that take you through a full clear.
    When you have to pug it, you’ll need weeks to get 13 LIs a week as you’ll hardly find groups for Sabetha, Matthias, Xera and Deimos that will take you below 100 LIs.
    You also have to invest gold in a good build and expensive buffood.

    BTW you need the same amount of tickets for your second set of legendary wvw armor while you need 300 LIs for your second set of the raid armor.

    Ya alot don't take into consideration that wvw legendary armor just costs time, you don't even have to be remotely good at it.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • intox.6347intox.6347 Member ✭✭✭

    Its only time gatedd, but not hard. You can just sit near camp and once per 5 minutes retake a and farm pips, also faster way doing this in outnumbered, one day and you are done each week. If it will be bumbed up on weekends... it will be neverending que :)

    Multiclass WvW player
    Theorycrafted builds tester

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Tickets are currently the last of my problems.
    The rank requirement instead is the real pita ( SPvP and PvE just need you to do the content and get materials ).

  • Titan.3472Titan.3472 Member ✭✭✭

    A "No limit week" video promo from 1993 xD :

  • @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    Actually, I think the time to offer double tickets would be during content droughts. So: not during Festivals, not when a new story is released, not when there's a new raid or fractal. But in all the times in between. This would encourage fresh blood to join WvW with the hardiest choosing to return for more after the bonus period expires.

    I like this idea. More promos in wvw, please.

  • Aetatis.5418Aetatis.5418 Member ✭✭✭

    the hours spent in the different gamemodes just vary too significantly imo.
    however, i am glad i can get legendary armor eventually just by playing as i always used to.
    if i was going to be hardcore into legendary... i'd play atleast one more game-mode once i reached the limit in the one i began with.

    however, the time needed in wvw/pvp compared to pve is so significantly higher... i'd appreciate some minor tweaks to either wvw/pvp reaching the goal faster OR pve reaching the goal less quick. and for the sake of comparison, just think of players being equally experienced in either of the gamemodes when reading the suggestion.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aetatis.5418 said:
    the hours spent in the different gamemodes just vary too significantly imo.
    however, i am glad i can get legendary armor eventually just by playing as i always used to.
    if i was going to be hardcore into legendary... i'd play atleast one more game-mode once i reached the limit in the one i began with.

    however, the time needed in wvw/pvp compared to pve is so significantly higher... i'd appreciate some minor tweaks to either wvw/pvp reaching the goal faster OR pve reaching the goal less quick. and for the sake of comparison, just think of players being equally experienced in either of the gamemodes when reading the suggestion.

    Ahhh... but you know.. those raiders are so elite that they have that 'end game' content down so well..

    Player intelligence has nothing on a raid boss' AI. I mean c'mon... it's not like it's repetitive or anything

  • Rennie.6750Rennie.6750 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

    @Skobel.6920 said:
    I'm relatively new in WvW and already have heard way more complaints about tickets cap than anything else in this game.

    To complete lege armor from raids you need 125 LI, which with 13 per week cap takes minimum around 9,6 weeks to obtain.

    Acquiring WvW tickets required to complete lege armor takes minimum 18 weeks (6570 tickets/365 per week) which is twice more time AND WvW version don't have exclusive apperance.

    For backpack+armor package you need 9020 tickets which takes minimum around 25 weeks to collect (year is 52 weeks ;)

    So yeah, we should definetly get more tickets per week.
    But don't forget that PvP lege armor need 300 PvP tickets so it takes 3 whole seasons to get them. And with each season lasting around 2 months it takes even more time than WvW, and we are not adding breaks between seasons to this.

    Raids: 4h a week for all 4 wings. WvW: 25h a week to cap on tickets. Seems balanced... :)

  • Strages.2950Strages.2950 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

    @Shirlias.8104 said:
    Tickets are currently the last of my problems.
    The rank requirement instead is the real pita ( SPvP and PvE just need you to do the content and get materials ).

    There is no rank requirement, you can make legendary armor from the ascended pieces that dont have a rank prequisite. Its only if you want the sparkles of the T3 Ascended that you have rank requirements.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.