[Poll] Weapon for the next Guardian Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

I would like an offhand weapon which can complete mace/staff (obviously a buffed/reworked one) for a pure healing/support spec like the old gw1 monk does (or at last parangon). Guardian lack a pure support spec to my taste (firebrand seems to much oriented to condition damage). After all guardian was designed toward monk/parangon from the original game...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all members. In my opinion, I believe it's more than fair to give new weapons to the game. Spears , tridents , great axes, short spears (1handed spears) . Spears and tridents are enable under water, they could also allow players to use them outside .This would be something really really new to everyone. Let's us think out a bit, for guardian in this case, we have few options left, or we go warhorn, our off hand weapon. If we go warhorn we will be support :angry: not again xD !I believe that we should have new weapons to use, that would give new options and new skills, the game would be like "new" to every player because it would give something different from the options that we have left, some weapons are already obvious and the build they will provide aswell.

@migcun.5240 said:Hello all members. In my opinion, I believe it's more than fair to give new weapons to the game. Spears , tridents , great axes, short spears (1handed spears) . Spears and tridents are enable under water, they could also allow players to use them outside .This would be something really really new to everyone. Let's us think out a bit, for guardian in this case, we have few options left, or we go warhorn, our off hand weapon. If we go warhorn we will be support :angry: not again xD !I believe that we should have new weapons to use, that would give new options and new skills, the game would be like "new" to every player because it would give something different from the options that we have left, some weapons are already obvious and the build they will provide aswell.

Well you can forget that they will make totally new weapons. Using underwater weapons outside of water would be something possible though because they have not to do all skin designs for them.

@migcun.5240 said:They could also allow players to use the specific build like long bow for dragon hunter, we could use it without Beeing force to use dragon hunter build.

That means they would start to realease 1 more normal trait line per class and one elite to make that work :\ they cant even designed 1 decent elites...

I mean... In my mind rifle or pistol don't fit guardian at all thematically and I don't rightly see them adding new weapons to the game.

I went for mace off-hand as guardians kinda lack hard, applicable cc. Yes, we have hammer but from a pve perspective that's not overly helpful. A nice power damage spec with some solid cc and access to our normal range of utility would be great.

I say "and access to our normal range of utlity" primarily to argue against DH fyi. Having to remove condi clear, stability, and reflect utility in order to make way for traps kinda sucked in my opinion.

Pistols (Mainhand) because of our skill-set possibilities; #3 having three shot bursts, #2 interrupt enemies and grants Quickness to allies, #1 having a 3 shot, 2 shot, last combo is a 1 shot that interrupts and completely refreshes pistol#3... you know, OP stuffs.

Though Shouts on Warhoarn would be interesting to theory craft, FB is already support oriented. I absolutely DO NOT want another support spec... not everyone likes that role m8.

The people want spears, Anet. DO IT!

We all know that you can't just "bring spears to land," but what you can do is give the game a new weapon, brand it as a "glaive" or a "polearm" and recycle underwater spear skins as well as some current staff animations on land in addition to new class-specific animations. Would that not be fun?

Personally It would be neat if the Spear was redone as a land weapon. Guardian lore points to their origin as a result of Paragon (who used spears in GW1) teachings melding with other traditions like the monk resulting in the Guardian.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guardian

It could be a hybrid weapon offering something like 3 melee skills and 2 range skills if it was 2-handed or 2 melee and 1 ranged skill if it was a 1-handed weapon. I mean a Guardian with a Spear and Shield would look badass.

Most of these are Placeholder Names because I'm not imaginiative enough to think of something cool!

Grey Warden [Dagger / Dagger - High Mobility Assassin themed spec.]Grey Wardens are no stranger to deception, practiving this skill in order to strike at the heart of their enemies. Unlike the honorable Guardians, the Grey Wardens strike at their foe without any mercy or relent from the shadows. Honor means nothing, the only thing that matters if victory at any cost. The Grey Wardens have access to the Dagger Main-hand and Off-Hand weapon types and gain access to Cantrip based skills. They often bend the light around themselves to strike at their enemies heart.

-> [F1] - Burning Assault - Passive: Same as Guardian, Active: Shadow Step to the target, damaging, burning, and blinding them.-> [F2] - Cleansing Jump - Passive: Same as Guardian, Active: Shadow Step to target location, healing self and others around you.-> [F3] - Bending Light - Passive: Same as Guardian, Active: Gain Aegis and Become Invisible for an extended time.

-> [Dagger 1.1] - Shimmering Strike: Deal damage to the enemy, deal extra damage against foes who are Blinded.--> [Dagger 1.2] - Shimmering Cleave: Deal damage to the enemy, dealing extra damage against foes who are Burned.---> [Dagger 1.3] - Smoldering Smite: Deal damage to the enemy. Blind if you attack from the front, Burn if you attack from the sides or behind.-> [Dagger 2] - Righteous Repost: Block the next incoming attack, and strike back. Gain Retaliation and Burn the enemy on a successful block.-> [Dagger 3] - Shred Darkness: Strike against the enemy, ripping away a Boon the target and removing a Condition from yourself.

-> [Dagger 4] - Holy Pursuit: Pounce at the enemy, striking them down. Deal increased damage if they are CCed, otherwise Knockdown the target.-> [Dagger 5.1] - Withdraw from Darkness: Shadowstep to target location and become invisible. This ability becomes "Return to Flames".--> [Dagger 5.2] - Return to Flames: Return to location, unleashing a burst of fire, burning and damaging enemies in the location.

Cantrip Skills:-> [Ability: Heal] - Shroud in Light: Target Location is bathed with Holy Light, Blinding Enemies and Healing Allies during its duration.-> [Ability: Skill 1] - Shimmering Armor: Blind Nearby Foes while gaining Light Armor and Retaliation.-> [Ability: Skill 2] - Bend the Light: Blend into the Light and become Invisible, cleansing yourself of conditions.-> [Ability: Skill 3] - Binding Blades: Strike at the foe with binding blades of light, immobilizing enemies struck by the blades.-> [Ability: Elite] - Condemnation: Holy chains reach towards the target and foes near the target, drawing them to the user and immobilizing them.