Human Female idle animations.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Can we have the old female idle animations back, specifically 'the stretch'? I found refugees in Crystal Oasis using this animation, and was thus reminded of the fact these were removed from Player characters. Make it happen! (Thanks for the Stretch on the Griffon but it is not the same!)

@Haishao.6851 said:I'd love to see it back too but it did look bad in certain armors. I don't think I've ever read why they removed it.

I'd prefer if they made a new idle animation instead.Something a bit in this style maybe https://a.pomf.cat/xnmzhv.webm

Make these Gem items please as I don't want my character looking like this.Her idle right now is close to my idle in real life.

• Like 1

There was a bug with it that broke something in game. They haven't fixed it because I assume that it still causes that bug to make that portion of the game unplayable. I guess they don't to devote resources to fixing it when they can just do something else. I mean when was the last time we got anything new in terms of emotes and other stuff like that?

@LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:While they're at it, could they disable the human male idles? Not a big fan of my toon wringing his hands and peering around like an anxious schoolgirl.

Every time I see that I wonder what's wrong with human males.They look like they're playing with their imaginary fingernails like something is wrong with them or something.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:While they're at it, could they disable the human male idles? Not a big fan of my toon wringing his hands and peering around like an anxious schoolgirl.

Every time I see that I wonder what's wrong with human males.They look like they're playing with their imaginary fingernails like something is wrong with them or something.

Exactly! Not to mention that I cannot equip any big back item on my female Sylvari because they clip hard during the arm swing idle animation. These are some of the reasons why we should be able to disable idle animations if we don't like them! More options are good.

I've been researching about this very same topic since 2015, and have tried to sow my voice and unhappiness regarding this matter ever since.

When Season 2 arrived, it provided an ordeal of dramatic and intense moments, especially the one where that x character died in Fort Salma. Even though Marjory and Kasmeer had their own set of unique animations to use during that scene, a few people felt like their immersion was broken because their human females look too bored. Please keep in mind that a few players decided it would be best to jump on top of the corpse and do goofy things.... and that sylvari and asura would look around and look bored as well. Nothing was done regarding that either. There were also complaints stating that these same animations were sexist. I don't think they've looked at a large amount of revealing skins and outfits. I should also note that this was struck by a small group of people. THe majority of players had no issues with these animations and actually welcomed variety for their characters.

And around that time a huge thread was created in the old forums where even some moderators took action. It was stated by a developer that the removal of said idles was a bug and deemed temporary. We were promised updates on the matter... and two years later nothing happened. The players were left in the dark, and people still tried to bump the thread. But then a moderator decided to lock the thread for n apparent reason, making it impossible for others to see it.

This very same topic was discussed on Reddit several times. People still want these animations back. Having our characters flip their hair over and over again gets old pretty fast... it doesn't help that the norn females do the exact same thing, making the both races look similar in more ways than one. And in a Reddit post, I remember reading a quote from another moderator. He also stated that those animations were lore-breaking because our characters were "kicking dust while dragons brought hell to the skies" or something like that... while ignoring the very same reasons I previously mentioned above.

Then why don't they remove jiggle physics? I'm sure that's sexist since breasts don't jiggle like water balloons.... Why can't anyone think of the children?!

This is honestly absurd. Not only did they remove such an integral aspect of the game that provided more character and emotion to our toons, they also decided to leave their fanbase in the dark and dust the issues under a rug like nothing. Don't they understand that someone spent their time animating these? That it cost ArenaNet and NCSoft money?

Just bring them back. We have waited three years by now.

I'm pretty sure I spotted the stretch and yawn human female animation while mounted on a raptor.

A few generic NPCs used in Kryta, Lion's Arch and the new maps still have these old animations in display. These models are generic and have no lip sync or eye movement; but they prove that said animations are still present within the game's code.

Every time I see that I wonder what's wrong with human males.

More than you can imagine. A few key animations were removed, causing a hiccup from the end of one to the start of another. This is more noticeable when you have a human male character running and then jumping. You will notice that the frame is off when the jumping animation ends and the running starts. By watching a few old videos I noticed that the human male running animations was "extended". They would slowly move their arms as if they were ready to sprint, soon finding the right pacing and loop. For some reason that was removed... and they didn't bother to fix it. I'm not sure if I managed to explain this properly.

Not to mention that I cannot equip any big back item on my female Sylvari because they clip hard during the arm swing idle animation.

Every single animation will clip with an armor or weapon. It's inevitable. But that is no excuse to remove the old idles whatsoever.

@Alga.6498 said:Yes, I agree! While they are at it, bring back human female running anim, because our currently one is horrible! She looks like a Robot while she runs! If you compare to her old onee..

Yes, that is sadly also true... but it would be better to focus on the old idles at the moment.

Also for those who are curious, you can still notice the old animations when in combat.

@Narrrz.7532 said:Totally in favour of bringing back original idles as well as a toggle to prevent your characters performing them.

Also in favour of new gemstore anims - we have dance manual, why not other anims too?

Suggested something similar a few years back in the old forums. Bring them back. Provide a UI on the character sheet, like gliders or minis, except each has a 'check box' where you enable/disable any that you want active/inactive. Create and sell more for gems.

A bonus, if this is really all about emoting in the story, would be to create a proximity disable when you are within x meters of an NPC who is currently 'acting', as in a story step. Bonus-bonus: Add the ability to enable/disable that (if you'd rather have your character looking bored while someone is talking).

@notebene.3190 said:

@Narrrz.7532 said:Totally in favour of bringing back original idles as well as a toggle to prevent your characters performing them.

Also in favour of new gemstore anims - we have dance manual, why not other anims too?

Suggested something similar a few years back in the old forums. Bring them back. Provide a UI on the character sheet, like gliders or minis, except each has a 'check box' where you enable/disable any that you want active/inactive. Create and sell more for gems.

A bonus, if this is really all about emoting in the story, would be to create a proximity disable when you are within x meters of an NPC who is currently 'acting', as in a story step. Bonus-bonus: Add the ability to enable/disable that (if you'd rather have your character looking bored while someone is talking).

ArenaNet stated that they cannot alter idles like that regarding NPCs. It's not like it matters... if you want your character to look serious, grab a weapon or do /crossarms or /sad .

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I want them back too. Put them on an optional toggle in setttings if need be and/or make them cost diamonds, I don't care ... but bring them BACK !!!I happen to base my participation and spending in this game on overall satisfaction and this is still THE most negative issue so far ... not only for the effects themselves even though I really cherished them but also because of its abysmal handling by those in charge and the blatant ignorance and lying about it.

I'm inclined to believe it was removed due to shoulder clipping when the stretch was performed. I remember having a human female warrior at one point and it was, while I personally couldn't care less, odd seeing the shoulders clip through practically everything on the way there and back. I'd vouch to bring back that animation nevertheless - even better if they'd make new ones or a system akin to ESO's 'personality' packs.

@Alga.6498 said:Yes, I agree! While they are at it, bring back human female running anim, because our currently one is horrible! She looks like a Robot while she runs! If you compare to her old onee..

Running animations are different? I hadn't noticed anything. Only thought it was the idle animations.

Looking at running animation right now and it looks the same back in 2012.

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

Running animations are different? I hadn't noticed anything. Only thought it was the idle animations.

Looking at running animation right now and it looks the same back in 2012.

I'll record a few examples of the old and new animation and then compare it side-by-side. I'll update this thread when that happens.