Human Female idle animations.

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:Yes, I agree! While they are at it, bring back human female running anim, because our currently one is horrible! She looks like a Robot while she runs! If you compare to her old onee..

Running animations are different? I hadn't noticed anything. Only thought it was the idle animations.

Looking at running animation right now and it looks the same back in 2012.

There you go:https://youtu.be/Xyv7HUltYQI

• 1 month later...

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Alga.6498 said:Yes, I agree! While they are at it, bring back human female running anim, because our currently one is horrible! She looks like a Robot while she runs! If you compare to her old onee..

Running animations are different? I hadn't noticed anything. Only thought it was the idle animations.

There you go:

I will guess I'm horrible, but I really having trouble seeing the difference between the two.What was changed? The head I guess looks like it was lowered down a little? The posture?

• Like 1

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

There you go:

I will guess I'm horrible, but I really having trouble seeing the difference between the two.What was changed? The head I guess looks like it was lowered down a little? The posture?

Similarly. Also, from 1:10 and onwards in the video I am getting distracted by.... other things.

Bouncy other things.

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

There you go:

It's mostly where the arms are. Close to the body vs further apart. I think they did it so they could move where the weapons were sheathed out a little bit, so they didn't clip with most (many more?) bottom armor, but then moving that out caused the arms to (maybe?) swing through sheathed weapons? Honestly, I've never understood all the fuss about clipping. I mean, there are some hideous ones, but some complaints just start getting nitpicky.

I used to think they had changed how the legs moved, but that video doesn't show what I had envisioned, so I guess I had misremembered. (<- not a word, I guess, but better than the recommended 'dismembered'). I thought there was more of a spring in the step, with a higher knee on the forward leg and a straighter leg (no knee bend) on the back leg. But, looking at around 1:05, I don't see it. What is interesting is I have some screen shots around where I captured that 'step' I'm thinking of, but that video doesn't seem to show it, so it makes me wonder if it happened in stages?

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

There you go:

Similarly. Also, from 1:10 and onwards in the video I am getting distracted by.... other things.

Bouncy other things.

So glad I can't notice no "bounce" in this game. It's really bad in some of the other games I play on max settings which sometimes makes me want to just lower the settings to not see my character going through all that uncomfy movements from a little nudge on the controller.

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

There you go:

Bouncy other things.

So glad I can't notice no "bounce" in this game. It's really bad in some of the other games I play on max settings which sometimes makes me want to just lower the settings to not see my character going through all that uncomfy movements from a little nudge on the controller.

Well, when they are running around in their undies like in the video it makes sense.

The slow-mo helps make it more noticable/obvious too, lol.

It does, however, feel kinda silly when I see female Guardians/Warriors/Revenants who's steel breastplates jiggle occasionally.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

There you go:

Bouncy other things.

Well, when they are running around in their undies like in the video it makes sense.

It does, however, feel kinda silly when I see female Guardians/Warriors/Revenants who's
steel breastplates
jiggle occasionally.

Yeah... one of the games I'm talking about has that jiggle too in steel/metal plates/armour on.It's even more noticable like... it's one of those doorstoppers that like goes boingoingoingoingoingoing super fast?I have no clue who said the chest moves like that in armour, but I think the designers need a talking to.

Kind of glad GW2 it's not as noticeable for me.

• 2 years later...

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

There you go:

Bouncy other things.

It does, however, feel kinda silly when I see female Guardians/Warriors/Revenants who's
steel breastplates
jiggle occasionally.

They do a big bounce if you weild 1 handed weapons (sword dagger) and side step left. Weird they added it to steel plates like you said but at least they added physics and some are actually good. I was in wvw using a catapult vs a tower, the grass in front of the cata moved from the pressure waves when shooting the cata.

• 1 month later...

@Ghertu.7096 said:There are games allowing you to customize your character's gait animation and I wonder why that thing is not getting monetized often - I know some people who would pay to see their toon running like Naruto. Btw, don't know if it possible to be implemented into GW2 code-wise.

I think that you answered your own question. ;)

• 1 year later...

I'm still not sure why these were removed several years ago but here's another request to have them reinstated. It seems female humans now have only one idle animation whereas all the other races and genders have more. From an immersion and quality of life point of view it would be lovely to see these back.

To anyone wondering what these were you can see the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnVFHFyQS7E

Edited by Polymer.8302
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1