Saucy Mesmer Dress [SUGGESTION]

Alga.6498

As you can see, the most beauitful, sexy, and awesome armor which I assume was originally created for the light armor weight professions, (Scholars, but heavy Mesmer vibe-feeling)This dress can be seen by human NPC nobles. This dress can also be seen in older GW2 videos, teasers and trailers as players are equipping this dress.Even the Mesmer profession's model is wearing this dress, yet we cannot use it while it's still in-game!

Why haven’t this armor been released yet?I was so sad and disappointed when GW2 was released and this armor wasn’t among with it.I've been suggestion this masterpiece to be an actual release ever since GW2's launch, from time to time and many, many others has supported me and even created their own threads/posts about this request of this armorpiece.

I have two solutions on how this armor can be added to the game. (Note this is only human and maybe even norn armor, probably according to the profession's models.)The first profession model is a Norn mesmer and the second one is a Human mesmer as you can see here,FbSNTOh.png

I'll split up each colour pattern for each armorpiece, excuse me for the confusing colourshapes, I'll explain below here.

F3K9cHS.png

Solution 1

Armor for light weight classes/professions.

• Yellow colour is for the chest part. (The corset, the blouse shirt and the bra along with the corset cords)
  • Red colour is for the gloves part. (The long leather gloves along with the cords on the gloves)
  • Green colour is for the legs part. (The long skirt + fishnet stockings)
  • Blue colour is for the footwear part. (The long high-heels boots)

The chest part will have 4 different colour patterns.

• 1st slot is the blouse shirt.
  • 2nd slot is for the corset part.
  • 3rd slot is for corset's cords.
  • 4th slot will be for the bra.

The gloves part will have 2 different colour patterns.

• 1st slot is for the main gloves.
  • 2nd slot is for the gloves' cords.

The legs part will have 2 different colour patterns.

• 1st slot is for the long skirt.
  • 2nd slot is for the fishnet stockings.

The footwear part will have only 1 colour pattern.

• 1st and only slot is for the Long boots.

Here's a few examples of how the colour patterns will be like.AAbPHUg.jpg

Solution 2

Outfit for all weight classes/professions.Since outfits can only use 4 colour patterns, here's how the different slots will be used as.

• 1st colour slot, Red colour is for the chest part, which will include; blouse shirt and corset.
  • 2nd colour slot, Yellow colour is for gloves part and other accessories parts on the outfit such as gloves, gloves' chords, corset's chords, fishnet stockings and bra
  • 3rd colour slot, Blue colour is for the legs part, which will only be the long skirt dress.
  • 4th colour slot, Green colour is for the footwear part, which of course will only include the long high-heels boots.

vFgm3Jb.png

Sorry for the confusing colourshapes on the pictures, I tried my best to explain as good as possible, =)Please let me know down below what you think and hopefully we'll get ANet's attention on this long-lasting suggestion.

Thank you for reading, :)

• Like 1

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Alga.6498 said:As for the outfit solution which will be difficult to render and re-design for the other races, this could be a racial/culture outfit, similar to the wedding outfits.

That could get some backlash though.

It was just a suggestion. Since this armor was originally (I guess,) only for Human and Norn.But I am all for having this fine armor for all races and alternative male version of course. :)

This outfit was featured heavily in the pre launch teasers and I am also disappointed that it has been relegated to a very few NPCs only. It is ingame, could be ported to Sylvari easily, and male added with perhaps a Faren's or Caudecus outfit style. As far as Charr and Asura go, it would look terrible on either and they could get the standard unisex outfits they get from all other human shape-centric outfits. That is a given when you pick the races.

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:This outfit was featured heavily in the pre launch teasers and I am also disappointed that it has been relegated to a very few NPCs only. It is ingame, could be ported to Sylvari easily, and male added with perhaps a Faren's or Caudecus outfit style. As far as Charr and Asura go, it would look terrible on either and they could get the standard unisex outfits they get from all other human shape-centric outfits. That is a given when you pick the races.

Yes, I know right!? You were able to see human players wearing it, and we still havent seen it since pre launch teaser trailers, which breaks my heart. :disappointed_relieved:Sylvari indeed could be ported this armor, and the rest you said- I agree with you!

Honestly this was the outfit that really drew me to the game when the trailers hit. Having played GW1 and knowing the combat was going to be very different I was kind of put off until the trailers hit and I saw that outfit. This is the kind of fashion, as a woman I need in the game. Corsets, stockings, heels, leather, straps and studs are all things I'm attracted to for game fashion, why it's never been made available for purchase is beyond me. It's very hard to find a simple corset/skirt/heels without a bunch of extra additives. Stuff like that outfit or a pair of tight leather pants with knee/thigh high boots and a corset and other more "realistic" fashion options would sell pretty well, not everyone likes so much extra in clothing options. Some of us really love more toned down 'traditional' options.

There really isn't a huge selection of "basic" clothing everything either has a high shine aura, super formal or has all kinds of extra gaudy attachments added randomly that covers up a large part of the actual outfit. That outfit and anything similar would be a day one buy for me.

I'd personally also like them to add more hairstyles like the top right picture. We barely have any fuller, curly or long hair choices specifically for humans and sylvari. Too many hairstyles are short "I'd like to speak to the manager" haircuts we barely have any long, luscious locks in game. I'd rather work around armor and outfit sets to avoid clipping rather than have no long hair choices on human females. I'd even settle for the high pony tail option if they'd add one that lowered it to be 'down' and add some form of bang to the forehead so it wasn't all face. Totally have been dying to fire staff 5 and have my ele's hair touch the ground!

@"Vanity Flare.8539" said:Honestly this was the outfit that really drew me to the game when the trailers hit. Having played GW1 and knowing the combat was going to be very different I was kind of put off until the trailers hit and I saw that outfit. This is the kind of fashion, as a woman I need in the game. Corsets, stockings, heels, leather, straps and studs are all things I'm attracted to for game fashion, why it's never been made available for purchase is beyond me. It's very hard to find a simple corset/skirt/heels without a bunch of extra additives. Stuff like that outfit or a pair of tight leather pants with knee/thigh high boots and a corset and other more "realistic" fashion options would sell pretty well, not everyone likes so much extra in clothing options. Some of us really love more toned down 'traditional' options.

There really isn't a huge selection of "basic" clothing everything either has a high shine aura, super formal or has all kinds of extra gaudy attachments added randomly that covers up a large part of the actual outfit. That outfit and anything similar would be a day one buy for me.

I'd personally also like them to add more hairstyles like the top right picture. We barely have any fuller, curly or long hair choices specifically for humans and sylvari. Too many hairstyles are short "I'd like to speak to the manager" haircuts we barely have any long, luscious locks in game. I'd rather work around armor and outfit sets to avoid clipping rather than have no long hair choices on human females. I'd even settle for the high pony tail option if they'd add one that lowered it to be 'down' and add some form of bang to the forehead so it wasn't all face. Totally have been dying to fire staff 5 and have my ele's hair touch the ground!

Like this but not green lol 324px-Mesmer_Elite_Rogue_armor_f.jpgThey did it in GW. Even the noob mes armor in pre was thigh boots, tighter pants and shorter tops.

Frustrating, as this armor the OP is picturing simply shreiks Femme Fatale in a classic manner. It did set the tone for what I thought the GW2 mesmer would be and they just failed to come through. Simply sexier and deadlier than the GW2 armors showing off a LOT more flesh.

@"Vanity Flare.8539" said:Honestly this was the outfit that really drew me to the game when the trailers hit. Having played GW1 and knowing the combat was going to be very different I was kind of put off until the trailers hit and I saw that outfit. This is the kind of fashion, as a woman I need in the game. Corsets, stockings, heels, leather, straps and studs are all things I'm attracted to for game fashion, why it's never been made available for purchase is beyond me. It's very hard to find a simple corset/skirt/heels without a bunch of extra additives. Stuff like that outfit or a pair of tight leather pants with knee/thigh high boots and a corset and other more "realistic" fashion options would sell pretty well, not everyone likes so much extra in clothing options. Some of us really love more toned down 'traditional' options.

I couldnt say it better, we are 100% alike on this matter. I agree with everything you wrote here!I had the same story regards the dress of the pre launch trailers just like you, along with that beautiful curly hairstyle on the top right.Hopefully we'll see this amazing dress and the hairstyle soon enough... it has only been 5 years late, :anguished:

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:

Like this but not green lol
324px-Mesmer_Elite_Rogue_armor_f.jpg
They did it in GW. Even the noob mes armor in pre was thigh boots, tighter pants and shorter tops.

Frustrating, as this armor the OP is picturing simply shreiks Femme Fatale in a classic manner. It did set the tone for what I thought the GW2 mesmer would be and they just failed to come through. Simply sexier and deadlier than the GW2 armors showing off a LOT more flesh.

This GW1 armor is what I want for my mesmer.

Seriously, they need to add more variety of armors to this game. No more trenchcoats for medium. No more skirts for light. We want tight pants, knee high boots, high heels, corsets, and more. Variety is the key.Anet also needs to get their high heels design straight. The ones already in game are, well... horrendous, I'd say.

Side note: I find it ridiculous how they managed to make legendary medium jacket a short top while out of combat, yet in combat it still becomes an enormous, ugly coat. This is insane.

Yeah I agree. There is not many light armor that suits for Mesmer as I was hoping too to.And just like Sorudo said, back in the old days before game release, ANet said and confirmed that players could equip everything NPCs are wearing. I was overjoyed too since they have some really awesome skins/clothes.This still hurts me whenever I am seeing NPCs with clothes I would die to wear, such as the "saucy dress" as I posted above. That's my favorite clothes of all time and I am still hoping for it's release to us! :(

Datamined confirmed that older Town Clothes tonic will be re-model into outfits instead. This could be great as they might implent more "Town Clothes", specially this dress.But who knows really, this could just effect our already used tonics, not unreleased armor/skins like the Mesmer dress above here... :confused:

ANet, why cant players equip NPCs armors/skins/parts ? Their models are already in-game and the colourvarations is also added to the armorset.It could very likely be an outfit.

Yes, some NPCs should stay unique of course but for an example, Queen Jennah's dress (note that B-day vendor is also wearing the same dress but other tint), human villagers and nobles, Sylvari, Asura, Norn and Charr villagers clothes. It could be sooo nice to have some more racial styles to choose from.

@Alga.6498 said:

Datamined confirmed that older Town Clothes tonic will be re-model into outfits instead. This could be great as they might implent more "Town Clothes", specially this dress.But who knows really, this could just effect our already used tonics, not unreleased armor/skins like the Mesmer dress above here... :confused:

I think someone linked the datamined ones and none of them is either that mesmer dress or that one light armour outfit I've seen npcs wear before sadly. None of the town clothes they shown looked like something I would want.

@Alga.6498 said:ANet, why cant players equip NPCs armors/skins/parts ? Their models are already in-game and the colourvarations is also added to the armorset.It could very likely be an outfit.

Yes, some NPCs should stay unique of course but for an example, Queen Jennah's dress (note that B-day vendor is also wearing the same dress but other tint), human villagers and nobles, Sylvari, Asura, Norn and Charr villagers clothes. It could be sooo nice to have some more racial styles to choose from.

Been wondering this for a good long time now.