WvW party invites and bad whispers from the enemy

Kirin.7306

Over the past few days I have had invites and whispers from the opposing server with some seriously messed up messages, borderlining phychotic. I am just doing what I can to survive!

Is it even worth reporting them? Will anything be done? Can Anet please disable this odd ability we all have?

• Thanks 1

@Kirin.7306 said:Over the past few days I have had invites and whispers from the opposing server with some seriously messed up messages, borderlining phychotic. I am just doing what I can to survive!

Is it even worth reporting them? Will anything be done? Can Anet please disable this odd ability we all have?

Dude/Chick, don't worry about it. There's some big time whiny millennial's in this game, those who can't stand the thought of losing a fight. Forgive them as they didn't grow up playing the old school atari or Nintendo games, those games turned us old school players into freaking tigers! The new kids on the block are use to getting cheat codes, their meta builds giving them love/kisses, and their get out of jail free cards.

Let AVGN break it down for you. Anets JP ain't got nothing on castlevania.

I had a person (who was on my friends list) out of the blue whisper me hello last week. Innocent enough as it seemed, I don't actually remember where I met this person or how long they've been on my friends list, and I told them so. They then insisted that we had "talked" the day before and suggested I only didn't remember because I had "talked" to others the previous day as well.

Maybe it was a jealous partner, maybe the person was drunk, maybe the account was taken over, maybe I said something here they didnt like or maybe that person is just the type that looks for dates in game, don't know, don't care, I am none of that and would've remembered a conversation such as the one they described us having the day before, if it'd happened.

Whatever the case, at the time, I could only assume they were delusional and / or far too immature to be a friend of mine or to even associate with, so I blocked and reported them.

Judging by recent posts, it seems more than a few people are having trouble with these childish behaviors as well. Going by my own experience, reporting doesn't appear to do anything to counter the situation and because this was someone on my friends list, you can never be sure where it's going to come from or if it's supposed to be a joke that only they seem to get.

Surviving though, is not feeding into their behavior and not closing yourself off from the possibility of meeting people you might work well with. So, just do whatever you feel right to let those individuals know they didn't get the best of you or change you.

Anyway, my block list is 2 v 10 now (gold sellers are still winning), but fingers crossed actual players will make a come back one day, until then!

@RodOfDeath.5247 said:

@Kirin.7306 said:Over the past few days I have had invites and whispers from the opposing server with some seriously messed up messages, borderlining phychotic. I am just doing what I can to survive!

Dude/Chick, don't worry about it. There's some big time whiny millennial's in this game, those who can't stand the thought of losing a fight. Forgive them as they didn't grow up playing the old school atari or Nintendo games, those games turned us old school players into freaking tigers! The new kids on the block are use to getting cheat codes, their meta builds giving them love/kisses, and their get out of jail free cards.

Let AVGN break it down for you. Anets JP ain't got nothing on castlevania.

Oh man, those bloody eagles in Ninja Gaiden were the worst. Especially that part he mentioned.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:I had a person (who was on my friends list) out of the blue whisper me hello last week. Innocent enough as it seemed, I don't actually remember where I met this person or how long they've been on my friends list, and I told them so. They then insisted that we had "talked" the day before and suggested I only didn't remember because I had "talked" to others the previous day as well.

Maybe it was a jealous partner, maybe the person was drunk, maybe the account was taken over, maybe I said something here they didnt like or maybe that person is just the type that looks for dates in game, don't know, don't care, I am none of that and would've remembered a conversation such as the one they described us having the day before, if it'd happened.

Whatever the case, at the time, I could only assume they were delusional and / or far too immature to be a friend of mine or to even associate with, so I blocked and reported them.

Judging by recent posts, it seems more than a few people are having trouble with these childish behaviors as well. Going by my own experience, reporting doesn't appear to do anything to counter the situation and because this was someone on my friends list, you can never be sure where it's going to come from or if it's supposed to be a joke that only they seem to get.

Surviving though, is not feeding into their behavior and not closing yourself off from the possibility of meeting people you might work well with. So, just do whatever you feel right to let those individuals know they didn't get the best of you or change you.

Anyway, my block list is 2 v 10 now (gold sellers are still winning), but fingers crossed actual players will make a come back one day, until then!

Use your block.

There's one thing to be amused by the pure rage of fairly winning a fight and abuse.

Know the difference, block, and don't worry about it further.

I remember the last guy that salt whispered me was some mithril condi mirage on Jade Sea I think, told him to go back to EotM. He came back with a couple of spellbreakers and a ranger to kill me, shame they sucked as much as him and all died while his attention was squarely focused on me. They wiped, I laughed, he probably cried as he went to Kessix hills according to my block list.

Just block and move on OP.

Just like in real life, there are some seriously weird people out there.

Not long ago I had someone whisper me just randomly how I cant play WvW and die outside the zerg. We where running a 3 man all evening and just randomly joined up with a zerg to leech bay minutes before the whisper. We hadnt done anything other than stand near the door. I also hadnt died for like 20 minutes so naturally I was like wait what are you talking about? Who is this? But he just kept going. I tried to figure out who it could be by questions, but no. He knew what I was playing but still the replies back was complete nonsense. I didnt understand anything, like talking to a wall. Had he whispered the wrong player? Not a clue.

It was a while since I laughed that much. Eventually I just had to block him. I never did figure out what he was talking about.

Feel free to report them but as for disabling the function I have to disagree. I've had plenty of good messages like "nice fight" or "good chase" or even just ppl I meet while playing around with tonics and we chat it up. About two years ago I had an enemy thief even practice with me to help me learn a rotation I was screwing up, so I enjoy the function.

There was a whole thread dedicated to this earlier this week but I can't seem to find it now...

"Bad whispers"

I do this for taunting reasons from time to time when gank squads full of incompetent players are chasing me.

You meet these people usually when you play on an outnumbered server late at night. They run cheese builds (atm. Spellbreakers, Trailblazer Scourge + Healbot Ele Combos...) and do things like spawncamping, throwing ballistas and jumping on downed players.

Ideally the whispered person then goes into a 1v1 to get rekt. This happened last night. Scourge / Ele combo was spawncamping. After a few whisps they split up to chase me. I killed both and went to bed.

• Confused 1

Haha I found the screenshots I had from by discussion I mentioned in my reply above... Here it is in all it's glory. We where 5 people, not 3, bah. We're usually around 3, 5 is like max guild size lol. We where at south bay gate. A thief was on the right of our zerg, he teleported in on me and did no damage then teleported away not much with that. After we got through the door, one of my guildies ran up wall and promptly got solo killed, I came to help and scared off a thief (either killing him or he jumped out, cant remember) and then ressed the guildie.

Him: ^__ ^Him: it's your first time WvWing?Me: I have no idea who you areHim: As if it matters?Me: when you whisper me for no apparent reason, yesHim: Just trying to be helpful, while your first answer is trying to a personal comebackHim: Weird way to treat peopleHim: Dont get mad over a game, WvW is all about experience and knowledgeMe: are you even whispering the right person, lolHim: Yes, hello ^ ^Me: Dude seriously, what are you talking aboutHim: I dont get what you dont get, I'm not saying cryptic stuff or wtvHim: Saw you struggle in the zerg, PMed to offer help, didnt you to get mad over itHim: Make yourself a tea or do yoga I dont knowMe: we are running a 5 man havoc squad, we dont even run with the zergHim: Because youre not grouped with the zerg doesnt mean youre not with the zergHim: Really odd logic you tried to use thereMe: so... struggle... what class am I?Him: Crapper!Him: That was an easy oneMe: and what class are you?Him: Teef! That was the hard one...Him: And MesmerHim: And NecroHim: And sometimes Guardian but not todayMe: Oh the thief that teleported in and did zero damage on the right of the door?Him: Eh?Me: oor the AA thief that fell like a rock?Him: Nope! I cant wait to die tho, someday I guessHim: I'm kinda confused, how does you trying to be insultive help you with getting better in WvW?Me: Well that's my only guess. My guildie was killed by an AA thief rather quicklyHim: I'll pray for his soulMe: and me "insultive" lolMe: you are the one that whispers out of nowhereMe: not that it's not funMe: we laughed allHim: Whisper =/= insult, odd logicMe: Fine if you cant make sense, blocked. Maybe we meet in battle, maybe not. It doesnt matter

Try to figure this one out. It's not a "bad" whisper. But it's just weird.

• 3 years later...

better question, why cant we post screencaps of what they say? boo hoo, we are name shaming them and trying to start witch hunts? They have no one to blame but themselves, its screen caps of what they chose to go out of their way to say to other people. We might ostracize them and have multiple people gang up on them an kick them from our parties "for no reason". Plenty of reason, and said subhuman trash gave us those reasons. They made their bed, let them lie in it. Let them feel the consequences of their own actions because its not like they'll get banned for it any time soon (if ever)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Seremela the Elf Mage.1748 said:

better question, why cant we post screencaps of what they say? boo hoo, we are name shaming them and trying to start witch hunts? They have no one to blame but themselves, its screen caps of what they chose to go out of their way to say to other people. We might ostracize them and have multiple people gang up on them an kick them from our parties "for no reason". Plenty of reason, and said subhuman trash gave us those reasons. They made their bed, let them lie in it. Let them feel the consequences of their own actions because its not like they'll get banned for it any time soon (if ever)

3 years ago I too was the target of some trash talk.  It's been a long battle, day after day harassing each other, but we've finally decided to get married.

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Seremela the Elf Mage.1748 said:

We enjoy the screenshots in our discord!  It can create quite a lovely time seeing just HOW salty some of them try to be.  

🤷🙄😂