Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged]

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

@Myrdreth.6829 said:What happens if you already got a certain skin and get it again?

The FB page says you won't get duplicates.

17PbiWY.png

You still have to spend over $120 to get all the skins (or spend up to that amount for the ONE skin you WANT). This is predatory and while there are "no duplicates" it's like saying a diet cola is better for you because it's diet. This is Diet Lootbox presented by Anet.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:The Black Lion Stables are pleased to open their doors and offer new mount adoption licenses. Each license will allow you to claim a random mount skin from the Black Lion Stables, and they are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.

If this trend continues I won't fund this game anymore, simple as that. This is stupid.

The math:400 * 31 = 12,400 gems.

How is that different from spending 100 gems for a chance at an exclusive dye]? Or 80 gems (in bulks) for BL keys, with a random chance of skins? Like any lotto, play if you think you'll get lucky, otherwise hang tight and buy the specific skin(s) you want when they show up at a discount later.

Those dyes can be bought on the TP and flooded quite nicely with supply. Mount skins cannot be bought on the TP.

Still, someone had to play the lotto for folks like you or I to take advantage of the discount. In fact, at least in this case, the 400 gems guarantees a skin; the other RNG boxes on the gem shop contain more junk than not.

I'm not likely to be willing to plop down 400 gems without getting to choose a skin, but all the same: I can see why you (like I) won't want to spend that amount for RNG, but why does it affect your paying for anything else that the game has to offer?

I'd honestly be okay with them even costing a bit more than 400 per skin if they weren't randomized. I took a look at every one of the mount skins and there are some I really liked and that I'd love to use, but there were also some that I wouldn't even want to get, so having to basically gamble to get my prefered skins feels bad for that price.

Someone else already pointed it out, but the reason I don't buy the randomized dye packs is because I'd rather just buy them with gold on the trading post since I can choose which one I'll get then.

Yeah no. Anet come on. I'm not spending over $100 just to make sure I actually get what I want, that isn't a "deal," stop pretending it is. It was scummy to give the base mount skins only one dye channel in the first place. This basically just says you only care about preying on the whales. You want me to buy into your RNG garbage than at least make the price REASONABLE, cause it's not.

So I'm in Lion's Arch where a ton of people have those random skins.From what I'm seeing from this bunch? I'm not seeing a single good mount skin.

Is there a way to see what choices there are without buying the thing? I know the thing say I can right click to see but I kind of refuse to pay for one. Next is, if what I'm seeing are the choices, that is also even more of a reason I would never buy one as they all look atrocious at the moment.