Nice timing to change old PoF things, in particular.... — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Nice timing to change old PoF things, in particular....

From patch notes: "The monster-specific Elegy Mosaics now can be consumed for a single Elegy Mosaic currency."
Like kitten? Why did you change that now when most people already deleted them?!

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

Comments

  • @Zaraki.5784 said:
    From patch notes: "The monster-specific Elegy Mosaics now can be consumed for a single Elegy Mosaic currency."
    Like kitten? Why did you change that now when most people already deleted them?!

    You would prefer that they waited another month before changing them? Sure, I wish they hadn't set it up this way in the first place, but in the long run, how much time did either of us lose because we deleted a few?

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    From patch notes: "The monster-specific Elegy Mosaics now can be consumed for a single Elegy Mosaic currency."
    Like kitten? Why did you change that now when most people already deleted them?!

    You would prefer that they waited another month before changing them? Sure, I wish they hadn't set it up this way in the first place, but in the long run, how much time did either of us lose because we deleted a few?

    It's not an issue about catching up with Elegy Mosaic's loss, it's more about communication: they could've told us in advance not to delete them because they could be uselful in the future but nothing, nor a tooltip on the item nor an announcement on forums. I can't believe they though about this change only recently, they surely had plans long before today, so why they didn't inform us too??

    "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

  • @Zaraki.5784 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    From patch notes: "The monster-specific Elegy Mosaics now can be consumed for a single Elegy Mosaic currency."
    Like kitten? Why did you change that now when most people already deleted them?!

    You would prefer that they waited another month before changing them? Sure, I wish they hadn't set it up this way in the first place, but in the long run, how much time did either of us lose because we deleted a few?

    It's not an issue about catching up with Elegy Mosaic's loss, it's more about communication: they could've told us in advance not to delete them because they could be uselful in the future but nothing, nor a tooltip on the item nor an announcement on forums. I can't believe they though about this change only recently, they surely had plans long before today, so why they didn't inform us too??

    Largely, they can't tell us in advance, because they aren't always sure if something is actually going to make it into the game (and because, well, the loss of 12 elegies isn't exactly as critical as fixing bugs etc).

    I'm sure you're right that this took time to prepare. And I agree: I would have liked to have known. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem all that important in the long run. In a year, I can't imagine that I'll be the least fussed about having lost a few bits of progress.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.