Best looking medium armor? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Best looking medium armor?

I'm looking for some good looking armor for my thief that i mostly play pvp with give me your suggestions.
My thief is female and a human.

Tagged:
<134

Comments

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭

Fashion, eh?

I don't know what appeals to you, but this is the Medium outfit that I am most proud of on my characters.

If I remember correctly:
    Shoulder: T3 cultural (Norn)
    Torso: Swindler Coat
    Hands: ??
    Legs: Inquest Leggings
    Feet: Swindler Boots

• It may not be YOUR favorite, but it's one of mine.

Imgur

Skins: Reading Glasses, Predatory Shoulderpad, Sneakthief Coat, Predatory Bracers, Predatory Leggings, Carapace Boots (Predatory is Norn cultural armor, forget which tier)

"For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Cultural armor never fails... Human females!!!

But im for Magitech ( except the helm which is sunglasses ).

• I'm proud to say that the only trenchcoat look I have on any of my medium armor characters is my Charr Ranger, and it really suits her.

"For the Panini!" // NA (USA)/Ehmry Bay/[EBAY]
    Main character--Runa Xandrill, Level 80 Female Human Dragonhunter

• Rawr.9467Rawr.9467 Member ✭✭✭

Honestly it's all based on personal taste. If you're struggling with ideas I suggest you check out GW2 Style. It has a lot of great outfits and can inspire you to create your own outfit.

https://gw2style.com/

You either die a noob or live long enough to be called a hacker

• CharterforGw.3149CharterforGw.3149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

@ZeddyGW.5013 said:
    I'm looking for some good looking armor for my thief that i mostly play pvp with give me your suggestions.
    My thief is female and a human.

I'm currently not at home, but when i get home i'll see if i can post my thief here.

all I can say from the top of my head is that i use the caladbolg daggers and based the armor around them, don't remember the names of the armor pieces and dyes.
    here's my gear set, image will follow later https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Miridiana (forgot gw2efficiency can share some stuff)

Edit: image to be posted here

• Chadramar.8156Chadramar.8156 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

Medium is hard because your choice is basically a truckload of trenchcoats and few other options. It's part of why I benched my norn ranger in favor of a sylvari: the sylvari cultural armors are less obnoxious about it than most. That said, for a human I do like the cultural T2 (Falconer). And the new Elonian medium armor or its Sunspear "upgrade" is just plain gorgeous.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

You cannot go wrong with any of the cultural sets, imo.

They're some of the best-designed sets in the game.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to the Honour of the Waves medium set. It is simply gorgeous.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have this problem with a female Charr. As far as i can tell, there is no medium armor (particularly the chest/legs) that doesn't look awful. For now I've settled on an outfit rather than armor skins, but it's not ideal (and it still flares out ridiculously at the hips).

• Zania.8461Zania.8461 Member ✭✭✭

A purely subjective question being tossed out to population with a wide variety of tastes? This'll be interesting. At least specify what you consider "good looking".

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about you, but I've always enjoyed this particular trench coat.

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

"Best looking" is very subjective, as you can tell from the various screenshots in this thread. This is my engineer's current look (I swap between this and the Outlaw outfit).

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

Subjective or not, looking at other people's ideas might help stem other ideas.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭

Am I seeing (reading?) a mix of racial armors? :O

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

On my female human ranger I like the ascended coat and the noble coat.

Downside of the ascended coat is of course that it's expensive to craft and hard to get as a drop, but I thought it was worth it for one of the few short medium coats I liked.

I also like the Duelist or Scout's coats (very similar IMO), just not on my character. But as other people have said it really depends on the character and your personal preference. I recommend using the wardrobe at the bank in-game to preview different skins and see how they look on your character. (Or the Wiki's armour gallery for a quick overview.)

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Jordan.5930Jordan.5930 Member ✭✭✭

And here's a side shot with the ninja stars and tabi =)

• Chickenooble.5014Chickenooble.5014 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

Medium Bladed Armor for life.

@Myrdreth.6829 said:
    My thief looks like this. I really like the combination of those clothes :)
    Simple and clean and still elegant and feminine.

Shoulders: Privateer Shoulders
    Chest: Falconer's Coat
    Hand: Sneakthief Gloves
    Leg: Seeker Pants
    Foot: Prowler Boots
    Imgur

@Chickenooble.5014 said:
    Medium Bladed Armor for life.

Love!

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

Here’s mine:

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

• xikira.3264xikira.3264 Member ✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

I actually have three medium sets that I put together. I feel they are pretty good looking. I will post the other two when I get the chance.
    https://imgur.com/OyGeR9g
    https://imgur.com/UDCnIPU

Lunatic noble mask, krytan Jirkin, lunatic gloves, illustrious leggings, krytan boots, Mad Memoires: Complete ignition

• Krytan chest and pants, Heritage gloves, Vigil boots, no visible shoulder or headgear is my go to look. 14 of my characters are Norn or Human medium users.

Centuries ago, I saved Tyria. I've since realized that it is, in Arthur's words, "a silly place".

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am very fond of the PvP medium armor. One of the very few non butt-cap/trenchcoat options in the game.

• Anet is amazing they have created a huge diversity of different armors for females. They are one of the few companies that give us the choice of if we want to show skin or not. They have my respect for that its not like tera thank goodness. Also I love that skirt I so have to get the vipers armor when it cycles back in :P

• cafard.8953cafard.8953 Member ✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

I'm a big fan of the medium Heritage Armour (need HoM points for it, but not too many of them iirc). Here it is (shoulders, chest, gloves, pants), taking advantage of the Charred dye contrasting textures on the stripes. Inventor sunglasses for the head, and I-can't-remember-which-but-maybe-privateer boots which I thought fitted the character better.

• Myrdreth.6829Myrdreth.6829 Member ✭✭✭

@Jordan.5930 said:

Personally, I love the sneakthief set, everything from the ninja stars on the side, to the tabi on the bottom. I think it's very detailed. Here's my Canthan character Jin.

Love his look. Your thief and my thief(see picture in my previous post) would look good together I think :lol:

@Myrdreth.6829 said:

@Jordan.5930 said:

Personally, I love the sneakthief set, everything from the ninja stars on the side, to the tabi on the bottom. I think it's very detailed. Here's my Canthan character Jin.

Love his look. Your thief and my thief(see picture in my previous post) would look good together I think :lol:

Yes, your outfit looks awesome too! We def need to quest together sometime B)

• AitorCaceres.8265AitorCaceres.8265 Member
    edited November 9, 2017

I've always loved the Norn medium racial clothes, pretty happy with how my ranger turned out.

https://i.imgur.com/wx5TJE3.jpg
    Also forgive me for the link, but I can't seem to figure out how to post an image right on the forums, lol.

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

I forgot how much I liked the medium Whispers armor. I was so excited when I finally got the gold to buy the chest and boots on my original thief (way back in the first year of the game).

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like the Whispers coat too, but for some reason I never stick with it very long. I can't even work out why because at first I think it looks great on my main character but I get fed up with it a lot faster than most the skins I use and end up switching it for something else. I think it might just look a bit too much like a dress for my tastes.

@xikira.3264 said:
    Anet is amazing they have created a huge diversity of different armors for females. They are one of the few companies that give us the choice of if we want to show skin or not. They have my respect for that its not like tera thank goodness. Also I love that skirt I so have to get the vipers armor when it cycles back in :P

I agree. :D

The picture that sparked this comment required combining 2 pieces from different sets which on their own aren't especially revealing, the Krytan top and Viper's skirt. On top of that they're both sold in the gem store. That means you have to go out of your way to achieve that look - no one has to wear them unless they want to, and they especially don't have to wear them together. But you have the option if you want it.

Overall I think GW2 is really good for this. The only time anyone's forced to wear revealing clothing is when you first create a light armoured female character. After that it's almost entirely up to you and even light armoured characters will get plenty of non-revealing skins as drops. (Yes you need transmutation charges to change them, but the game isn't punishing enough that you need to use the absolute best stats in open-world PvE - you can stick with an item with a good skin until you get another acceptable option.) But at the same time the choice is there if you want it.

On the other hand we really need more options for light armoured males to show more than their face and hands. Although PoF has added several good options, which is a good sign.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

<134
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.