Best looking medium armor?

ZeddyGW.5013

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Mine is a bit... expensive.

Are you referring to the per-hour payment? Because that's what she looks like. :s (I still can't believe that ANet is no better than other companies when it comes to creating sexist armor for female characters. Plain awful.)

The woman's body is a beautiful thing. I want to see this beautiful thing, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to do so. If anet should happen to implement hot sets, there is nothing wrong with it. If anything, part of me laments that there aren't more revealing armors. To get the outfit above, I had to dissect and assemble single pieces from entire sets that don't resemble the outcome at all.

I don't know if this guy is trolling or not. If you are, damn... you got me.

But if not... Your comment is so pigheaded. Have same self-control.

I'm dead. RIP

@Jordan.5930 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Are you referring to the per-hour payment? Because that's what she looks like. :s (I still can't believe that ANet is no better than other companies when it comes to creating sexist armor for female characters. Plain awful.)

The woman's body is a beautiful thing. I want to see this beautiful thing, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to do so. If anet should happen to implement hot sets, there is nothing wrong with it. If anything, part of me laments that there aren't more revealing armors. To get the outfit above, I had to dissect and assemble single pieces from entire sets that don't resemble the outcome at all.

I don't know if this guy is trolling or not. If you are, kitten... you got me.

I'm dead. RIP

I would say trolling as it's hard to NOT finds revealing armour in the game at times.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Jordan.5930 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

I don't know if this guy is trolling or not. If you are, kitten... you got me.

I'm dead. RIP

I would say trolling as it's hard to NOT finds revealing armour in the game at times.

Bamboozled again

@Jordan.5930 said:I don't know if this guy is trolling or not. If you are, kitten... you got me.

I'm dead. RIP

I'm serious. It isn't pigheaded, it is natural. Purposefully putting on a fully covering outfit for the sake of it being fully covering is like carving a beautiful sculpture then stuffing it in the attic. Yep, sure am proud to not look at that beautiful sculpture. The fact is, nobody is going to reward me for putting my characters in conservative dress, so why bother? Why can't I admire and enjoy the female form? Maybe we should all bow to the guy who called my toon a "lady of the night".

As far as outfits goes, it really depends on the class. Light armor classes have an easy time getting revealing clothes. Although one complaint I have about them is that most of them have open dresses and low cuts facing forward. While aesthetically pleasing, the fact is that most of my time is spent looking at the back of my character, and from the back these outfits aren't as revealing as you'd expect.

Medium armor is harder, of course, as evidence by the fact that my outfit costs over a thousand gems to assemble. There are some other ones, such as the vigil set, but that outfit is garish and doesn't match with anything. It throws random cloth leggings everywhere, giving a rather silly looking "I'm wearing pants, except for my thighs and butt where instead I have rubber underwear and knee suspenders.". There's a reason why the medium armor selection is commonly referred to as trenchcoat hell.

Heavy armor is the hard one. I have a heavy female sylvari, and getting a good outfit for her is really hard. Most of the revealing sets come from cultural armor, and sylvari don't have one. You can assemble some sets from the berserk sets, but they're terrible gigantic pieces of metal, and they look like they're just thrown on. I have to use a mixture of aetherblade and carapace armor to get a form fitting set.

@Jordan.5930 said:I don't know if this guy is trolling or not. If you are, kitten... you got me.

I'm dead. RIP

I'm serious. It isn't pigheaded, it is natural. Purposefully putting on a fully covering outfit for the sake of it being fully covering is like carving a beautiful sculpture then stuffing it in the attic. Yep, sure am proud to not look at that beautiful sculpture. The fact is, nobody is going to reward me for putting my characters in conservative dress, so why bother? Why can't I admire and enjoy the female form? Maybe we should all bow to the guy who called my toon a "lady of the night".

As far as outfits goes, it really depends on the class. Light armor classes have an easy time getting revealing clothes. Although one complaint I have about them is that most of them have open dresses and low cuts facing forward. While aesthetically pleasing, the fact is that most of my time is spent looking at the back of my character, and from the back these outfits aren't as revealing as you'd expect.

Medium armor is harder, of course, as evidence by the fact that my outfit costs over a thousand gems to assemble. There are some other ones, such as the vigil set, but that outfit is garish and doesn't match with anything. It throws random cloth leggings everywhere, giving a rather silly looking "I'm wearing pants, except for my thighs and butt where instead I have rubber underwear and knee suspenders.". There's a reason why the medium armor selection is commonly referred to as trenchcoat hell.

Heavy armor is the hard one. I have a heavy female sylvari, and getting a good outfit for her is really hard. Most of the revealing sets come from cultural armor, and sylvari don't have one. You can assemble some sets from the berserk sets, but they're terrible gigantic pieces of metal, and they look like they're just thrown on. I have to use a mixture of aetherblade and carapace armor to get a form fitting set.

Had to google that one as my 1st thought of "Lady of the night" I was like "ooh that's me. I'm more of a night person".Look it up and went, "Oh... oh crap... nevermind".

I can say to be fair... the 2nd image didn't need that panty shot, but I'm not hear to judge people's views/likes/tastes/cooking....wait

I think the problem isn't um "liking the beautiful structure" as you put it. It's about kind of having a bit more um... "modest" outfits? There aren't that much in the game at all. It's like very very few middle ground and it's either one of two directions.

1. Look like a "lady of the night"
  2. Be more covered up than a nun that even got herself accidentally wrapped in bubble wrap.

I would like a decent top that is short-sleeved, not low cut, and at least durable looking.I would like some pants. Flat out pants. Some short (like shorts and not hot pants) and yes the medium have some long ones, but heavy and light got 0. Literally nothing.Gloves I'm okay with for the most part on all skin weights. Shoulders too.

Headgear is another type of battle. I want headgear that don't MAKE ME BALD! but I've seen the argument already so I'm not even going to worry there no more.Footwear I also have no problem with.

Oh, one problem I have with heavy headgear is they always cover the top of the head but never the chin or the neck. Which while yes a lot of the armour is not practical and won't work in real life... that's not the issue. The issue is you can have let's say a full body of armour and look menacing and "bad-s" if you will... but then you're now showing your weak point by not having that covered. At least the heavy armours that's not covering much makes 100% sense... but the ones that covers everything except the neck? Why? WHY!?

I'm dead. RIP

I'll admit, I was about to judge but I realized basically all of the girls I go to raves with go out wearing nothing but a bra and thong so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@OP, how about this combo? (The lady in the middle next to the Asura with the horned helmet.)
dJHZHrq.jpg

I bet you are an absolute joy on a trip to the beach.IMO GW2 has very little "skimpwear" compared to benchmarks like Tera or Skyrim mods. There isn't a thong in the game. It's an exaggeration to claim "no better".

I can say to be fair... the 2nd image didn't need that panty shot, but I'm not hear to judge people's views/likes/tastes/cooking....wait

I didn't even see the underwear until after I uploaded. Believe it or not, I have utterly terrible vision. Everything is all blurred and spotty, so unless I focus on something for an inordinate amount of time, I won't catch the two pixels that don't match.

Be glad I didn't take a picture of her using the Deadeye's Kneel in that skirt.

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@OP, how about this combo? (The lady in the middle next to the Asura with the horned helmet.)
dJHZHrq.jpg

I bet you are an absolute joy on a trip to the beach.IMO GW2 has very little "skimpwear" compared to benchmarks like Tera or Skyrim mods. There isn't a thong in the game. It's an exaggeration to claim "no better".

To be fair, I 100% agree and this person is right.I tried Tera and uninstalled it within the 1st hour all because I couldn't find anything that didn't make me look like a "lady of the night".Even went on the forums asking if there's any decent clothing and the best they can come up with is skin tight "zern suit samus after zero mission" looking outfits.I couldn't deal with it and didn't bother trying it again.

Hard to compare mods with this though. There's nude mods in Skyrim and like... anything else that can be modded.

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

I didn't even see the underwear until after I uploaded. Believe it or not, I have utterly terrible vision. Everything is all blurred and spotty, so unless I focus on something for an inordinate amount of time, I won't catch the two pixels that don't match.

Be glad I didn't take a picture of her using the Deadeye's Kneel in that skirt.

Oh trust me. I know how that skirt is.rwH6iUA.jpg

Medium seemed to be the most difficult to find a top for it, so one day I mentioned seeing the only good top I could've found was the Viper so my friend gifted me the set when it was in the store.Skirt was the only one I never used of the skins.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

dJHZHrq.jpg

If seeing the female form makes you think of prostitution, it doesnt say anything about the female form you are seeing.

@Jordan.5930 said:

@cafard.8953 said:I'm a big fan of the medium Heritage Armour (need HoM points for it, but not too many of them iirc). Here it is (shoulders, chest, gloves, pants), taking advantage of the Charred dye contrasting textures on the stripes. Inventor sunglasses for the head, and I-can't-remember-which-but-maybe-privateer boots which I thought fitted the character better.

9vrcK8U.jpg

Dude. Charred dye is the best lol

Please tell me his name is Randy something or something Savagesomething or Macho whatever.That's one awesome looking Macho Norn.

Haha, cheers. I'm afraid it's only the boring "Olaf Oakmane" though. :anguished:

• ArenaNet Staff

I love the colors in this set!

@Jordan.5930 said:

@cafard.8953 said:I'm a big fan of the medium Heritage Armour (need HoM points for it, but not too many of them iirc). Here it is (shoulders, chest, gloves, pants), taking advantage of the Charred dye contrasting textures on the stripes. Inventor sunglasses for the head, and I-can't-remember-which-but-maybe-privateer boots which I thought fitted the character better.

9vrcK8U.jpg

Dude. Charred dye is the best lol

@Chickenooble.5014 said:Medium Bladed Armor for life.

7hMJ5pQ.jpg

I love the colours you picked on that, what are they if you don't mind me asking? It's the part I always struggle most with, picking and matching colours.

@Ashen.2907 said:I am very fond of the PvP medium armor. One of the very few non butt-cap/trenchcoat options in the game.

I basically came here to say this too heh. Currently using it with the houndskin shoulder piece on my ranger for a pseudo heavy armoured soulbeast look.

My advice to the OP, find a particular skin you really like and then try design around it. Weapon or armour piece, doesn't matter. It's just good to have a place to start.