Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged]

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

@DadEO.9063 said:This is Ridiculous and Greedy of you Ane,t I expect more from you, why I love Gw2 never as greedy and games like Wow anyone of its copy cats. I always felt like content you put out was to see you community enjoy it and the cost was there was to have us help fund this work.( and of course you guys need to make money) which I've always been happy to do. but this is straight greedy and need to be remedied. As long time player going back to Gw1 days I'm am extremely disappointed in this.

I'm not against the RNG but keep it where it belongs, in world meta event or in achievements and stuff like that. but with how many options are in this mount pack its take a small fortune ( or crazy kitten luck) to get the one mount skin I want. I would have gladly spent 800-1000 gems on the mounts that struck me. but this is outrageous. I wish i could support you guy in making mount skins but this is awful and I refuse to accept. you've lost my business till this is fixed.

And why we are at it 2000 for 1 skin! what happened to 5 for 2000 on a discount for 1600! 1200 is more then enough for a single skin and 800 for a high end and 400 for low should be fine. I don't know what the cost to make a skin is, but this is outrageous.I think you're greedy. ArenaNet probably did quite a bit of market research before releasing this purchase option. Judging by what I see in Lions Arch there are no shortage of people buying these mounts. All I see here is half a thread -- often the same voices -- crying about this issue. They release free content every few months, have cheap expansions, high production value and no subscription fee... and you call them greedy for selling optional skins that -- guess what -- you don't have to spend a dollar on but can obtain using in-game gold. Yea, they're the greedy ones... Sure thing, kid.

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

@DadEO.9063 said:This is Ridiculous and Greedy of you Ane,t I expect more from you, why I love Gw2 never as greedy and games like Wow anyone of its copy cats. I always felt like content you put out was to see you community enjoy it and the cost was there was to have us help fund this work.( and of course you guys need to make money) which I've always been happy to do. but this is straight greedy and need to be remedied. As long time player going back to Gw1 days I'm am extremely disappointed in this.

I'm not against the RNG but keep it where it belongs, in world meta event or in achievements and stuff like that. but with how many options are in this mount pack its take a small fortune ( or crazy kitten luck) to get the one mount skin I want. I would have gladly spent 800-1000 gems on the mounts that struck me. but this is outrageous. I wish i could support you guy in making mount skins but this is awful and I refuse to accept. you've lost my business till this is fixed.

And why we are at it 2000 for 1 skin! what happened to 5 for 2000 on a discount for 1600! 1200 is more then enough for a single skin and 800 for a high end and 400 for low should be fine. I don't know what the cost to make a skin is, but this is outrageous.I think you're greedy. ArenaNet probably did quite a bit of market research before releasing this purchase option. Judging by what I see in Lions Arch there are no shortage of people buying these mounts. All I see here is half a thread -- often the same voices -- crying about this issue. They release free content every few months, have cheap expansions, high production value and no subscription fee... and you call them greedy for selling optional skins that -- guess what -- you don't have to spend a dollar on but can obtain using in-game gold. Yea, they're the greedy ones... Sure thing, kid.

Someone did not see the star wars battlefront 2/COD loot boxes system controversy I see.

Or Activistion matchmaking patent - that encourages microtransactions....

(Things are heading down hill)

@Zero Day.2594 said:

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

Someone did not see the star wars battlefront 2/COD loot boxes system controversy I see.

Or Activistion matchmaking patent - that encourages microtransactions....

(Things are heading down hill)

Oh yes I forgot about activistion matchmaking good eye man.

@Hofulu.7325 said:My biggest concern with these skins is that some of them are great, but none of them are rewarding or worth showing off. I didn't earn the mount I'm riding, I didn't even choose it, I just got lucky. What's that say about me?

Says:

• You're lucky
  • You have money to spend
  • You're encourage further cash shop development of this kind. (Thanks buddy! You're partially the cause of this thread and where the industry is headed in general)

@Ewon.5903 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:WoodenPotatoes - MountGate

And if any gets to the end - WP has a point...

Vote with your wallet.

Engage with those that have bought into various cash-shop systems.

Realistically, we are to blame, because as he's saying, people are already running around with those damned skins... Personally, and this has been for awhile for me, in any game, when i see a player having something from a cash shop - i think "that's the kitten that's encouraging the publishers/game-companies to keep doing cash shops"

The problem is, there are far too many credit card warriors running around. When it comes to various gemstore cosmetics, if I see someone I can generally think "Well, that person supported the game for future content." The more of these people you see running around, the more game developers can push what their player base will accept.

Is gw2 the worst offender? Not by a long shot. Should they be getting the amount of anger they are? Probably not. This is a hot topic in other gaming communities right now, so seeing it here shouldn't be totally unexpected.

That's because the "anti credit card warriors" assume their fight is rightful and we should all agree to it.When it went live in Tuesday I didn't see it as a problem, because unlike a lot of people only waking up now because they want these skins really hard, I'm quite used to this RNG thing being pulled by anet and other companies in general, and this new one is much, much friendlier than others already in place in game.And I see this as a collection where you gotta catch them all.

Criticizing us "credit card warriors" will do them no good, if you look at every page there's always a few people (minority but still) saying they don't really understand why it's getting that huge. Even in game many people have these skins. It's not a conspiracy, we vote with our vallet, and I voted that it didn't bother me that much, and as equals my "vote" has to be respected just like anyone else's.

If more people vote no, they'll just the change the way they do things, that's fine by me, but in the meantime I wish people would stop blaming other players for that. I do it for supporting the game as much as for the skins, and I don't feel ashamed for that.

I do however feel sad for some people in this community taking every opportunity to use big words and try to put anet down, we're supposed to all love this game. I even got in trouble in private just because I didn't have a HUGE issue with this, even though I directly said yeah sure they could add selectable mounts. That's how crazy it's getting and it's not healthy.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Ewon.5903 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:WoodenPotatoes - MountGate

And if any gets to the end - WP has a point...

Vote with your wallet.

Engage with those that have bought into various cash-shop systems.

Realistically, we are to blame, because as he's saying, people are already running around with those damned skins... Personally, and this has been for awhile for me, in any game, when i see a player having something from a cash shop - i think "that's the kitten that's encouraging the publishers/game-companies to keep doing cash shops"

The problem is, there are far too many credit card warriors running around. When it comes to various gemstore cosmetics, if I see someone I can generally think "Well, that person supported the game for future content." The more of these people you see running around, the more game developers can push what their player base will accept.

Is gw2 the worst offender? Not by a long shot. Should they be getting the amount of anger they are? Probably not. This is a hot topic in other gaming communities right now, so seeing it here shouldn't be totally unexpected.

That's because the "anti credit card warriors" assume their fight is rightful and we should all agree to it.When it went live in Tuesday I didn't see it as a problem, because unlike a lot of people only waking up now because they want these skins really hard, I'm quite used to this RNG thing being pulled by anet and other companies in general, and this new one is much, much friendlier than others already in place in game.And I see this as a collection where you gotta catch them all.

Criticizing us "credit card warriors" will do them no good, if you look at every page there's always a few people (minority but still) saying they don't really understand why it's getting that huge. Even in game many people have these skins. It's not a conspiracy, we vote with our vallet, and I voted that it didn't bother me that much, and as equals my "vote" has to be respected just like anyone else's.

If more people vote no, they'll just the change the way they do things, that's fine by me, but in the meantime I wish people would stop blaming other players for that. I do it for supporting the game as much as for the skins, and I don't feel ashamed for that.

I do however feel sad for some people in this community taking every opportunity to use big words and try to put anet down, we're supposed to all love this game. I even got in trouble in private just because I didn't have a HUGE issue with this, even though I directly said yeah sure they could add selectable mounts. That's how crazy it's getting and it's not healthy.

The funny thing is, while earlier in this thread I said the mount price point was a bit rich for my blood, I'm getting more and more tempted to buy some at this price the more I'm exposed to this overblown poorly thought out outrage.

I would like to add one small thing. I actually like the idea of getting random skins like this. Random draw with no duplicates? Yeah, that sounds fun. The problem is that it's the ONLY way to get them, and that's what sours it.

If they had just made it so you could get a random one for 400 and pick one for 600-800, I would have gotten the couple that I REALLY wanted. And then, I would have occasionally thrown in 400 gems to see what one I got from the rest of them. Eventually, I would have wound up with them all. Because of the path this leads down, though, I'm passing on all of them. No cool mount skins. No fun of seeing what one pops out of the box. Nothing.

Well, nothing except for the money I save, I guess. Maybe I'll go buy some Amiibos tomorrow. At least with them, I know what I'm getting.

@Zero Day.2594 said:

@Hofulu.7325 said:My biggest concern with these skins is that some of them are great, but none of them are rewarding or worth showing off. I didn't earn the mount I'm riding, I didn't even choose it, I just got lucky. What's that say about me?

Says:
  • You're lucky
  • You have money to spend
  • You're encourage further cash shop development of this kind. (Thanks buddy! You're partially the cause of this thread and where the industry is headed in general)

That sums it up lol

@SmirkDog.3160 said:Honestly I've always felt pretty loyal to this game since I first took part in the beta, but this is one of those things that makes me shake my head and actually consider (no matter how briefly) just leaving it behind. Making skins only purchasable in the gem store, sure whatever. But making yet another loot box/gamble item that's already overpriced? Black Lion Chest Keys are 150 each. These are 400? Why?

There's ways to make money with a cash shop that aren't morally corrupt. This isn't one of them. Extremely disappointed in ANet today, and equally disappointed in anyone that falls for this trap.

I totally agree with you, I feel the same :angry:

You guys have had gambling transactions since GW 2 came out and ok, whatevs, but maybe not charge $25 for a single mount skin, that is beyond reaching and who ever though of that price point needs to be written up. Sure its cool but that is just a really crappy price point that will alienate your gamers and make you guys seem overly greedy, because its not like your other bundles where you have a skin, glider, back piece, and I don't know, dyes or BL keys for 500 gems less too. Keep the 400 gems price point for the single, but let the players choose what skin they want, I will guarantee you that people will buy more than one if they find they can choose. Come one Anet you know better...I hope.

@shale.1543 said:

@SmirkDog.3160 said:Honestly I've always felt pretty loyal to this game since I first took part in the beta, but this is one of those things that makes me shake my head and actually consider (no matter how briefly) just leaving it behind. Making skins only purchasable in the gem store, sure whatever. But making yet another loot box/gamble item that's already overpriced? Black Lion Chest Keys are 150 each. These are 400? Why?

There's ways to make money with a cash shop that aren't morally corrupt. This isn't one of them. Extremely disappointed in ANet today, and equally disappointed in anyone that falls for this trap.

Oooooh trust me my good sir. I have seen to many people who have fallen into this trap today in LA.

I would love to have new and cool skins for my mounts but I won't be purchasing or exchanging gold for this bs RNG. I am not going to waste money to very likely get a skin that I don't like. Also, I don't have the griffon and I don't plan on getting it. If I got a griffon skin I wouldn't be able to use it unless I farmed another 250 gold. It also sucks that there are no skins that can be obtained by completing events, maps, collections, etc. The POF maps are visually fantastic but in terms of rewards they're lacking.

Now that I am no longer upset, and I'm kinda over it, I was thinking that maybe Anet should leave the rng system in place BUT, instead of gambling for 30 skins, categorize them to a specific mount or a specific theme and let the player decide which mount skin category they want to gamble for. So instead of gambling on a massive scale, you would be gambling on a smaller scale.

Maybe this can be the middle ground.

@Fire X.5184 said:

@shale.1543 said:

Oooooh trust me my good sir. I have seen to many people who have fallen into this trap today in LA.

Meh... Honestly the thought of not inviting people with skins into parties/booting them from parties is kind of lingering at this point...

@Zero Day.2594 said:

@shale.1543 said:

Meh... Honestly the thought of not inviting people with skins into parties/booting them from parties is kind of lingering at this point...

Wait people boot people from parties because they got the new skins?

@Fire X.5184 said:

@shale.1543 said:

Not yet - but hey that's one way to further the message.

@Zero Day.2594 said:

@shale.1543 said:

I think people are doing that now as we speak. I herd from a friend that people are being kicked from guilds because buying the RNG loot box skins is hurting the game.

@Fire X.5184 said:

@shale.1543 said:

I think people are doing that now as we speak. I herd from a friend that people are being kicked from guilds because buying the RNG loot box skins is hurting the game.

Congratulations, these people are hurting their own cause.Shame on Anet they said? Nope. Shame on these people.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@shale.1543 said:

Congratulations, these people are hurting their own cause.Shame on Anet they said? Nope. Shame on these people.

Hey love hurts as they say. Sometimes you need to have some tough love to know you did something wrong.

@Fire X.5184 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@shale.1543 said:

Hey love hurts as they say. Sometimes you need to have some tough love to know you did something wrong.

They didn't do anything wrong for getting skins they wanted.If you want to show anet they did something that is alienating the playerbase, this is definitely the worst way of doing so, by forcing your opinion down the throat of other players.Next time start kicking people having lots of merchant express or perma bank or whatever. And see how long it lasts.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@shale.1543 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@shale.1543 said:

Are you suggesting it provokes the whales to spend more?By all means, go ahead, lets see how deep those pockets are - and how ANet will react by your generosity.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:I am not suggesting anything. They are hurting their own cause by starting a fight between players when it's not the point.Again, people thinking their opinion is automatically righteous are hurting. They're not trying to convince, they're generating conflict.

You're saying they're not at fault, but they are.... they did vote with their wallets, for a long time possibly, and here we are.

Alienate the player base does do something - and it's a direct result from ANet's actions, and those that "voted"...

@Deihnyx.6318 said:They didn't do anything wrong for getting skins they wanted.That depends on your point of view.

Every person that buys into this is yet another reason for ANet to not only keep it, but do it again. This is bad for the playerbase. Hurting the playerbase hurts the game in the long run.

There's a saying I've loved from the first time I read it. "No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood." Everyone that buys into this is in part responsible for it.

It also means that they don't care all that much about the impact of their choices on other players, or they simply don't have the best judgement. Hardly something you want in a teammate, right? It's like kicking people that refuse to have correct gear for a raid or high level fractal because they're okay with everyone else on the team taking on more of a burden due to them.

Now, with all THAT said... bad behavior is bad behavior. Being a kitten is being a kitten. Don't be a badly behaved kitten.(We have real kittens for that, and I can guarantee they're cuter.)

@Irrwahn.7269 said:I wish I could return those mount skins... Q___Q They make me sad, everytime I see them. I feel like I've paid too much for it.Most of them look all the same, but with small varieties in patterns - that's noth worth it at all. Please sell them cheaper or let us select the mounts we want for that horrendous amount of real money!

Contact Customer Service.