Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged]

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:I am not suggesting anything. They are hurting their own cause by starting a fight between players when it's not the point.Again, people thinking their opinion is automatically righteous are hurting. They're not trying to convince, they're generating conflict.

You're saying they're not at fault, but they are.... they did vote with their wallets, for a long time possibly, and here we are.

Alienate the player base does do something - and it's a direct result from ANet's actions, and those that "voted"...

Aka "people thinking their opinion is automatically righteous".My "vote" is equals to yours, if I didn't have a problem back, I don't have to automatically have one now because you just realized now that RNG is a thing.

People blamed everything they could possibly blame. Anet of course, but also gambling itself, even though so many things in this world are subject to gambling.No selling gambling things to kids? What do you of trading cards?What do you do with RNG items you get in game with gold?What do you of ecto gambling?What do you do of BLC keys?What do you of RNG loot in general?

EVERYTHING is RNG, paid or not, hidden behind "gold" (so potential irl money) or not.And yes, even if you can buy the infamous permanent bank access, given its amount, if you strictly talk gem value it's much higher than these skins, yet somehow it's still wasn't a problem back then.

So KICKING people now, because somehow now the general consensus is that players decided this one wasn't going to pass, while they let it go for years, is absolutely stupid. It's stupid, it alienates players, and that's not gonna get you what you want.

You can either be a silent guy who simply give the feedback that they won't buy mounts until they can select, or you can find people to blame.Blaming it on gambling in general or whales is simply unacceptable.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@shale.1543 said:

@SmirkDog.3160 said:Honestly I've always felt pretty loyal to this game since I first took part in the beta, but this is one of those things that makes me shake my head and actually consider (no matter how briefly) just leaving it behind. Making skins only purchasable in the gem store, sure whatever. But making yet another loot box/gamble item that's already overpriced? Black Lion Chest Keys are 150 each. These are 400? Why?

There's ways to make money with a cash shop that aren't morally corrupt. This isn't one of them. Extremely disappointed in ANet today, and equally disappointed in anyone that falls for this trap.

I totally agree with you, I feel the same :angry:

Oooooh trust me my good sir. I have seen to many people who have fallen into this trap today in LA.

Meh... Honestly the thought of not inviting people with skins into parties/booting them from parties is kind of lingering at this point...

Wait people boot people from parties because they got the new skins?

Not yet - but hey that's one way to further the message.

I think people are doing that now as we speak. I herd from a friend that people are being kicked from guilds because buying the RNG loot box skins is hurting the game.

Congratulations, these people are hurting their own cause.Shame on Anet they said? Nope. Shame on these people.

Hey love hurts as they say. Sometimes you need to have some tough love to know you did something wrong.

They didn't do anything wrong for getting skins they wanted.If you want to show anet they did something that is alienating the playerbase, this is definitely the worst way of doing so, by forcing your opinion down the throat of other players.Next time start kicking people having lots of merchant express or perma bank or whatever. And see how long it lasts.

Did nothing wrong? If you spend any money on something that is this type of RNG loot box corruption, taking advantage of people's addictions and so on your not helping by giving the company who made this gambling system your money. Your part of the problem or you have a problem. But hey i'm just one guy on the net. But I know who can help in this situation. Jim take it away

I am addicted to gambling, I simply won't take the easy path and blame each and every company that uses gambling methods. If you actually open your eyes, gambling is everywhere and this mount thing is the least hurtful we've gotten in a while.

Also it's a funny thing, you basically say that these gambling addicts are victim, but somehow it's not a problem to kick these victims in the name of revolution?Which side wins? Kicking these people or considering them victims?

Also, everyone is responsible for their actions, I am responsible for my addiction as much as a smoker is responsible for his.

Well I am sorry you have a gambling problem but let me be clear. The guild kicking I don't like but the party kicking like many have been saying, some people don't like to play with people who ruin the game for others. I have seen many players in LA saying they don't care what there doing is good or bad for the game so in term why should I or anyone else care if they get kicked from a party.

Guild is one thing but party, there are more fish in the sea as they say. All this mentality of "I don't care I get skins now" is telling anet "hey guys they love this new system let's keep doing it". What is going to happen when the next RNG loot boxes is added? And the next one? And the next one? It will spiral out of control and who will suffer from this? People who have gambling problems and people like myself who love the cosmetics they make and it's all thanks to the people who told me today "I don't care".

I don't think many people are telling you they don't care. I do care. I wish my casual friend could get back in game, get the mount he wants and have fun with it. I get it.What I don't get, nor accept, is the total overreaction on this particular topic.We HAVE to be honest here, it's less about the fact it's a new RNG and more about the fact that this time around, really a LOT more people want these skins for many reasons (cause mounts are cooler than gliders, cause it's really new, cause there's no alt skin in game) etc. And lots of these "people" aren't used to gamble for what they want, like some of us are. This doesn't mean they get to step in and call Anet (and other players) names.

I do support every person in this thread coming up with ideas to make this system better - while still making it a win for Anet. The solution HAS to be a win for Anet too, because it's in our interest as players to have a game that last for a long time.There were quite a few interesting solutions, and I'm sure they're looking at it right now.But let's be honest, involving infamous youtubers that will compare this to EA/Activision level of BS was taking it too far. Kicking people is taking it too far. The top 1 priority for Anet will be to make money, it's how it is and we have to accept it, now we just need to convince them that the way for them to make more money is by trusting all these people who calmly said they would support anet if they drop RNG... and not fighting each other.It needs to deescalate or everyone will lose.

I can some what agree with your points but why I and many people are bring in the EA/Activison thing into this loot boxes is because loot boxes have been around for years and the people have had enough. They had enough of the gambling and the people who support the gambling. So when anet show's even a small bit of loot box gambling yes people will get upset and say "that's enough". Bring the youtuber's like jim is happening because they been hitting the nail on the head for years and yet people Still STILL to this day will defend the gambling system.

If people don't want to play with other's because they feel there hurting there game they love its up to them to do so. Hell I don't join guilds because I don't trust them but that's just me. People had enough of the loot box gambling system and of the people who support it. but this will keep going on for ever. I have my opinions and you have yours. I am going to leave it at that. Have a good one.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:I am not suggesting anything. They are hurting their own cause by starting a fight between players when it's not the point.Again, people thinking their opinion is automatically righteous are hurting. They're not trying to convince, they're generating conflict.

You're saying they're not at fault, but they are.... they did vote with their wallets, for a long time possibly, and here we are.

Alienate the player base does do something - and it's a direct result from ANet's actions, and those that "voted"...

Aka "people thinking their opinion is automatically righteous".My "vote" is equals to yours, if I didn't have a problem back, I don't have to automatically have one now because you just realized now that RNG is a thing.

People blamed everything they could possibly blame. Anet of course, but also gambling itself, even though so many things in this world are subject to gambling.No selling gambling things to kids? What do you of trading cards?What do you do with RNG items you get in game with gold?What do you of ecto gambling?What do you do of BLC keys?What do you of RNG loot in general?

EVERYTHING is RNG, paid or not, hidden behind "gold" (so potential irl money) or not.And yes, even if you can buy the infamous permanent bank access, given its amount, if you strictly talk gem value it's much higher than these skins, yet somehow it's still wasn't a problem back then.

So KICKING people now, because somehow now the general consensus is that players decided this one wasn't going to pass, while they let it go for years, is absolutely stupid. It's stupid, it alienates players, and that's not gonna get you what you want.

You can either be a silent guy who simply give the feedback that they won't buy mounts until they can select, or you can find people to blame.Blaming it on gambling in general or whales is simply unacceptable.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@shale.1543 said:

@SmirkDog.3160 said:Honestly I've always felt pretty loyal to this game since I first took part in the beta, but this is one of those things that makes me shake my head and actually consider (no matter how briefly) just leaving it behind. Making skins only purchasable in the gem store, sure whatever. But making yet another loot box/gamble item that's already overpriced? Black Lion Chest Keys are 150 each. These are 400? Why?

There's ways to make money with a cash shop that aren't morally corrupt. This isn't one of them. Extremely disappointed in ANet today, and equally disappointed in anyone that falls for this trap.

Oooooh trust me my good sir. I have seen to many people who have fallen into this trap today in LA.

Meh... Honestly the thought of not inviting people with skins into parties/booting them from parties is kind of lingering at this point...

I think people are doing that now as we speak. I herd from a friend that people are being kicked from guilds because buying the RNG loot box skins is hurting the game.

Congratulations, these people are hurting their own cause.Shame on Anet they said? Nope. Shame on these people.

Hey love hurts as they say. Sometimes you need to have some tough love to know you did something wrong.

They didn't do anything wrong for getting skins they wanted.If you want to show anet they did something that is alienating the playerbase, this is definitely the worst way of doing so, by forcing your opinion down the throat of other players.Next time start kicking people having lots of merchant express or perma bank or whatever. And see how long it lasts.

Did nothing wrong? If you spend any money on something that is this type of RNG loot box corruption, taking advantage of people's addictions and so on your not helping by giving the company who made this gambling system your money. Your part of the problem or you have a problem. But hey i'm just one guy on the net. But I know who can help in this situation. Jim take it away

I am addicted to gambling, I simply won't take the easy path and blame each and every company that uses gambling methods. If you actually open your eyes, gambling is everywhere and this mount thing is the least hurtful we've gotten in a while.

Also it's a funny thing, you basically say that these gambling addicts are victim, but somehow it's not a problem to kick these victims in the name of revolution?Which side wins? Kicking these people or considering them victims?

Also, everyone is responsible for their actions, I am responsible for my addiction as much as a smoker is responsible for his.

Well I am sorry you have a gambling problem but let me be clear. The guild kicking I don't like but the party kicking like many have been saying, some people don't like to play with people who ruin the game for others. I have seen many players in LA saying they don't care what there doing is good or bad for the game so in term why should I or anyone else care if they get kicked from a party.

Guild is one thing but party, there are more fish in the sea as they say. All this mentality of "I don't care I get skins now" is telling anet "hey guys they love this new system let's keep doing it". What is going to happen when the next RNG loot boxes is added? And the next one? And the next one? It will spiral out of control and who will suffer from this? People who have gambling problems and people like myself who love the cosmetics they make and it's all thanks to the people who told me today "I don't care".

I don't think many people are telling you they don't care. I do care. I wish my casual friend could get back in game, get the mount he wants and have fun with it. I get it.What I don't get, nor accept, is the total overreaction on this particular topic.We HAVE to be honest here, it's less about the fact it's a new RNG and more about the fact that this time around, really a LOT more people want these skins for many reasons (cause mounts are cooler than gliders, cause it's really new, cause there's no alt skin in game) etc. And lots of these "people" aren't used to gamble for what they want, like some of us are. This doesn't mean they get to step in and call Anet (and other players) names.

I do support every person in this thread coming up with ideas to make this system better - while still making it a win for Anet. The solution HAS to be a win for Anet too, because it's in our interest as players to have a game that last for a long time.There were quite a few interesting solutions, and I'm sure they're looking at it right now.But let's be honest, involving infamous youtubers that will compare this to EA/Activision level of BS was taking it too far. Kicking people is taking it too far. The top 1 priority for Anet will be to make money, it's how it is and we have to accept it, now we just need to convince them that the way for them to make more money is by trusting all these people who calmly said they would support anet if they drop RNG... and not fighting each other.It needs to deescalate or everyone will lose.

Ha.. I would say that's a bit naive, perhaps as equally naive as what I'm about to write.

It should escalate further, and the further the better. Get more press out on this, spreading to more people... effectively ruining ANet's imagine (by a certain amount), which in turn drives their profit a bit down (as opposed to up as they were planning to do) - taking a bit for their own actions.

EA took a hit, Activision took a hit. And seems like ANet is lining up to take the next. Who knows, maybe the next one will clue in.

@MailMail.6534 said:I urge everyone to watch WP’s video on the issue.

This. I've made a few posts amidst this thread but when I watched WP's video a bunch of stuff I had discussed or mentioned in passing. Not necessarily in this thread but to people in general was mentioned. To have a reasonable discussion people need to fully comprehend things and understand where either side is coming from, and Wooden Potatoes puts a lot of that in perspective. I highly urge people to watch through the entire thing, and to not skip a second. He makes very good explanations and points for both sides allowing us as players to have a more informed and neutral opinion on the matter. One I happen to agree with in most cases.

@Rashagar.8349 said:

@Rashagar.8349 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@shale.1543 said:

Well, if you can successfully delude yourself into thinking that by buying mount skins those people are ruining the game for others and are wrong to do so but your choice to ostracise them based on their gem purchases isn't ruining the game for others and you are right to do so... assuming this isn't just attention-seeking idiocy you're spouting, then I really think you would benefit from some self-reflection.

You don't know how loot boxes work do you....I mean it's not like EA and Activision have had a big controversy over this all ready...oh wait! But all sarcasm aside it is a slippery slope. First it's RNG boxes for skins for mounts, then its RNG boxes for out fits, then its RNG boxes for dye's...oh wait..they already have that...then it's RNG boxes for and dare I say it, gear.

So when I and many other's feel buying the RNG loot boxes for skins will hurt gw2 you better believe it because we have seen it before and if you don't think it will hurt the game/community I implore you to look into the EA and activison controversy

It's exactly because of their big recent controversies that I think that most of this "outrage" bullkitten is misplaced and coming from people who, quite honestly from their posts in this thread, don't know how loot boxes work.They're jumping on an outrage bandwagon because it feels nice, with no actual understanding of the underlying principles or the shades of grey, and a bullthick refusal to educate themselves when they could just instead rely on emotive diatribe, broad sweeping statements and the use of fashionable buzzwords.

It's because people had enough is all. But anyway i'm going to leave it at that, Have a good one.

Paying 5 dollars and getting something in return, is a huge improvement over the days all MMOs charged us 15$ a month to be able to play and not get anything for it. People seem to forget about subscription fees. I spent 50 - 70 bucks for a game then 15 bucks a month just to play it. I buy account upgrades to support a game I enjoy. People don't seem to grasp all the money that is needed to support the game make new content and pay all the salaries, hardware and software updates cost of upkeep and everything else involved.

@Coulter.2315 said:Oh good, we're in the "eat each other" portion of the political movement, kicking people for buying items is insane. When you start purging people who you deem "harm society" you might worry that your education didn't take in the first half of the 20th century..

Are you talking about the 1st half that when they think a certain group of people, just because of their race or where they come from, they placed them in isolation places as they deemed them a possible problem during the war(s)?If so, I have some family that dealt with that.

Just because WP feeds you with daily videos trying to be that middle man doesnt make him right. Its hes opinion and its my right not to agree. In the end this is about 1 thing only, getting as much money from the players as possible and thats it. If not then there wouldnt be a thing like rng. Turn and twist it all you want.

I'd like to remind Arenanet and NCsoft that GW2 has a reputation as a customer-friendly game that it is squandering for short-term gains. Many people play this game because they feel that they aren't being milked, and this new course will drive customers away. Most of my friends have decided to stop buying gems until Arenanet reverses course.

Don't squander this community's goodwill.

Sure I would appreciate if I could get what I want when I want it, but that's why patience is a virtue. Unlike just about every other game out there Anet made it possible to earn gold in game and use it to purchase gems most games I played don't give you that option. Save up some gold about 120 to get 400 gems by a ticket and enjoy a new mount skin. Or spend 15 bucks a month that WoW would charge to just play their game and get 3 skins and the satisfaction that you support a thing you enjoy playing.

@Kimmy.9146 said:I'd like to remind Arenanet and NCsoft that GW2 has a reputation as a customer-friendly game that it is squandering for short-term gains. Many people play this game because they feel that they aren't being milked, and this new course will drive customers away. Most of my friends have decided to stop buying gems until Arenanet reverses course.

Don't squander this community's goodwill.

That's how I feel mate. Good on you.

RNG for a skin (what soemthing looks like not how it works) is totally fine. You can still get the mount. Having the plain jackle still lets you go through sand portals. The plain griffon can still fly and speed boost. A skin is nothing but cosmetic. 400 gems is the gold to gem trade and easy to get.

This is totally fine. I think the skins are pretty awesome and want the artists to know that they did a great job on the coloring and effects.

People need to get over themselves because skins only effect your ego, not your performance.

FUNCTION OVER LOOKS!!!!

Disambiguation:

Exploit: verb; make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)Predatory: Adjective; seeking to exploit or oppress others.

When people say that RNG sales systems exploit people to make money, they are correct. RNG sales systems exist to make more money than the business would make if the business sold the items for a price people would be willing to straight up pay. Businesses using such systems are trying to get more money than the market would bear for a given item, thus they are "making full use of" and "deriving benefit from."

Since "exploit" is a qualifier for something being predatory, that would also apply. The other qualifier, oppression, is much more subjective, but is not required to satisfy the definition.

Gambling is the wagering of money or something of value on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning money or material goods. Gambling thus requires three elements be present: consideration, chance and prize.

Consideration is the item of value wagered by the gambler. With mount licenses, consideration would be gems, which are obtained either via spending real money or virtual gold (gold's value can be measured by the time spent to acquire it). Looks like consideration is present.

Chance is present in the random nature of the skin obtained. The only transactions in which chance are not present are either the full bundle, or the utilization of the last license (if one went that far along that route). So, it looks like chance is present, with those exceptions.

Prize is the final qualifier. It is here that trading cards and video game random loot-boxes make the case that they are not gambling. Each pack, box or -- in this case, license -- awards a "prize." From a legal standpoint, one piece of virtual imagery is much like another. None have any value outside of appeal to potential customers. In most gambling games, losers obtain nothing. That distinguishes such games of chance from loot boxes (etc.) from a legal perspective. However, from the point of view of consumers, random sales systems are gambling if the consumer sees value only in specific items. This means that while (at present), loot boxes et al are not gambling de jure, they certainly can be gambling de facto.

Random sales and ANet: as has been pointed out many times, Anet has been using random sales systems since the launch of GW2. While there has been dissent expressed about BL keys/chests, it has not (as far as I can remember) caused this much ruckus. It seems like more people are unhappy with random licenses than with random loot boxes even though the random license system has some elements that on the surface appear more consumer friendly (no duplicates, and a finite number needed to guarantee that one drop you want).

Opinion: A lot of people it seems have ignored the random nature of loot boxes in GW2 because there is a means to get some of the loot via the TP, and/or because it is possible to get other items which serve the same purpose as the ones in the BLC's. Mount skins on the other hand... Mounts are HOT right now (pun intended). Skins have been highly anticipated. The only precedent for gem store sales of movement/mastery items so far has been gliders. Many of these were straight up sales, with some being sold in bundles with back pieces. None of them required as much expenditure for a single item with no randomness involved as either the license bundle or the fiery goat of doom. To me, that is sufficient to explain the differential response.

@Lexan.5930 said:RNG for a skin (what soemthing looks like not how it works) is totally fine. You can still get the mount. Having the plain jackle still lets you go through sand portals. The plain griffon can still fly and speed boost. A skin is nothing but cosmetic. 400 gems is the gold to gem trade and easy to get.

This is totally fine. I think the skins are pretty awesome and want the artists to know that they did a great job on the coloring and effects.

People need to get over themselves because skins only effect your ego, not your performance.

FUNCTION OVER LOOKS!!!!

I don't know about you, but 400 gems right now is a little less than 112 gold.The gold I spent to get the Griffon the 3rd or 4th day after PoF came out, I still haven't gotten back yet. Yeah that's 250 gold and not 112, but I will assume for most people getting over 100 gold isn't that easy.Not for me at the very least.

Yikes, more than 48 hours since release and still no response from Anet.

As a lot of people have already said, this is pretty bad.The price of the skins is actually fine in my opinion (except the 2000 gems one). It's the RNG aspect of it that I don't like. I would happily pay money for the skins I actually like, because there are a few that are pretty neat, but I'm not going to spend money on this.

I do hope Anet realises they should respond to this. Jim Sterling already made a video about this. If a bigger youtuber gets on this (like AngryJoe as someone suggested, who praised the game when it came out, but hates lootboxes), this game would be fucked.

@Zero Day.2594 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:WoodenPotatoes - MountGate

And if any gets to the end - WP has a point...

Vote with your wallet.

Engage with those that have bought into various cash-shop systems.

Realistically, we are to blame, because as he's saying, people are already running around with those damned skins... Personally, and this has been for awhile for me, in any game, when i see a player having something from a cash shop - i think "that's the kitten that's encouraging the publishers/game-companies to keep doing cash shops"

I have no issue with the gem store as a whole. ANET has to make their profit one way or another. That means SOMEBODY is paying their salaries. As far as I am aware there are essentially three models: 1. 100% upfront where the players spend to buy content as it is released, usually in expansions or paid DLC or some combination of the two; 2. monthly subscription; or 3. cash store. ANET has blended options 1 & 3. If we take out #3 altogether then either we would be paying much more for the releases we get, or we would move to a subscription model. The cash store allows players to choose when and how much they want to sink into the game, which I think is honestly a great way to do things and I have been fairly consistently been buying gems for those things I thought were worth the money.

However I do agree with you in part that the players who have already purchased these mount contracts are providing ANET tangible positive feedback that this decision was not problematic for all, only for a significant some of the player base. In part, we (as a whole) are indeed to blame for buying into it.

I don't regret that I have bought gem cards, but I also won't be doing so again any time soon, and neither will any of the others in my family. That is us voting with my wallet. I see this as a predatory practice. Clearly while many in this thread agree with me, others who have posted do not all see it that way. I would like to think that those who made this decision at ANET did so with a clear conscience, without the avaricious intent some attribute to them. However ANET needs to recognize that even if they do not share the same ethics as some of their players, they are going to have to account for the fact that not only is there a differing opinion, but account for the fact that we feel passionately about it.

@TheFourthLegacy.9485 said:Yikes, more than 48 since release and still no response from Anet.

As a lot of people have already said, this is pretty bad.The price of the skins is actually fine in my opinion (except the 2000 gems one). It's the RNG aspect of it that I don't like. I would happily pay money for the skins I actually like, because there are a few that are pretty neat, but I'm not going to spend money on this.

I do hope Anet realises they should respond to this. Jim Sterling already made a video about this. If a bigger youtuber gets on this (like AngryJoe as someone suggested, who praised the game when it came out, but hates lootboxes), this game would be kitten.

I agree. See if they make it that I can choose what skin I want then no problems here (other then 2000 gems is a bit much). It's the RNG hands down that is getting everyone upset. If there was no RNG loot boxes this hole outrage would never have happen.

The price of gemstore stuff, however high, is okay imo as long as 1) you know what you're paying for (not a random price - I want skin X - that's anywhere between 400 and 12000 gems); 2) there's no significantly cheaper close alternative already (lv80 booster = 2000 gems roughly equivalent to 79 exp scrolls and 5 gold)

So, I've been reading (and posting) in this thread for a while. And I've seen a lot of posts from people that are like:"I have bought some of mount lootboxes, didn't get what I want and got burnt, now I feel cheated by this system"or"I know that system is a predatory marketing practice, but couldn't hold myself and bought a bunch"

Guys, if you really feel regret about buying any mount lootboxes, CONTACT SUPPORT AND DEMAND A REFUND. If you are truely against this lootbox fallacy, this is the only way to go. As long as you don't demand a refund, your wallet votes "YES" to lootboxes, no matter what you write in this thread.

Another thing that I appreciate about ANet is the constant FREE living world content unlike DCUO that charges for every dlc released. Or expansions that only comes out once a year and cost money but that's it for a year. The constant content makes me happy. I'm not one to burn through content so I enjoy the pace of new stuff. The loot boxes for mounts is fine cause the cost is low but hey just throw the adoption paper option in the BL chest so you can get a random option to loot one, so people can get that extra chance.

@Ocho.8630 said:Paying 5 dollars and getting something in return, is a huge improvement over the days all MMOs charged us 15$ a month to be able to play and not get anything for it. People seem to forget about subscription fees. I spent 50 - 70 bucks for a game then 15 bucks a month just to play it. I buy account upgrades to support a game I enjoy. People don't seem to grasp all the money that is needed to support the game make new content and pay all the salaries, hardware and software updates cost of upkeep and everything else involved.

I don't forget them, but I certainly miss them, I still think subscription is way better on both ends. On the dev side because it's steady revenue and it actually gives an incentive for them to keep players in WITH ACTUAL CONTENT. And the second for the players because everything is IN THE GAME, gated behind grind or skill or whatever, but actual content.WoW has both, shame on them for that. But cash shop is the direct result of not having subscriptions and a cash shop must always reinvent itself to bring more revenues, hence the problem we're having.

@Ider.1276 said:So, I've been reading (and posting) in this thread for a while. And I've seen a lot of posts from people that are like:"I have bought some of mount lootboxes, didn't get what I want and got burnt, now I feel cheated by this system"or"I know that system is a predatory marketing practice, but couldn't hold myself and bought a bunch"

Guys, if you really feel regret about buying any mount lootboxes, CONTACT SUPPORT AND DEMAND A REFUND. If you are truely against this lootbox fallacy, this is the only way to go. As long as you don't demand a refund, your wallet votes "YES" to lootboxes, no matter what you write in this thread.

Hm...never thought about it that way till now...tip of the hat my good sir