Forceful Persistence

Naracion.6597

After some testing I am confused about where the 7% damage increase is applied? I did an auto attack on the dps golem with and without a facet activated and with and without this trait selected and the only difference I saw was the 2% increase when the trait is selected and comparing if a facet is activated or not. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Forced PersistenceDeal increased damage while you have an active upkeep skill.Herald upkeep skills grant less damage but can be stacked.Damage increase: 7%Herald skill Damage increase: 2%

How hard is that to follow?

I wouldnt be making a post about being confused about a specific part of that if I thought it was clear. God forbid I have questions.

7% damage increase is while you have either shiro quickness, jalis hammers, or ventari projectile dome active. For glint skills, since every skill is an upkeep, you get 2% per skill you have turned in. So if you just have one facet active, you get 2% damage increase. Since you can have 4 facets active at once you can get a max of 8% damage increase.

• 3 years later...

I'm afraid to ask, becasue clearly it's an old post and everybody has it figured out and is so smart here, but let me try anyway:

Should I see Forceful Persistence icon appear along other effects? Like Hardening Persistence or Steadfast Rejuvenation?Because when I activate any number of Facets, I can't get the Forceful Persistence to show up, nor to influence the stats shown on any of the atacks I have.At the same time both Hardening Persistence and Steadfast Rejuvenation appear, along with the number of stacks.

Or is this Forceful Persistence working with all skills BUT Facets? then what are Herald's upkeep skills?

I wish one day this game was not all about wiki and forums, but the actual well-described-in-game gameplay...

@wilku.9764 said:I'm afraid to ask, becasue clearly it's an old post and everybody has it figured out and is so smart here, but let me try anyway:

Should I see Forceful Persistence icon appear along other effects? Like Hardening Persistence or Steadfast Rejuvenation?Because when I activate any number of Facets, I can't get the Forceful Persistence to show up, nor to influence the stats shown on any of the atacks I have.At the same time both Hardening Persistence and Steadfast Rejuvenation appear, along with the number of stacks.

Or is this Forceful Persistence working with all skills BUT Facets? then what are Herald's upkeep skills?

I wish one day this game was not all about wiki and forums, but the actual well-described-in-game gameplay...

Forceful Persistence doesn’t have an icon for the buff bar. If you want to test the damage increase for yourself you can go to the training golem in the Aerodrome, give yourself the basic raid buffs like quickness/might/fury and do auto attack tests on the golem with and without any facets active. Unless there is a bug you’ll get higher numbers with facets active.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Forceful Persistence doesn’t have an icon for the buff bar. If you want to test the damage increase for yourself you can go to the training golem in the Aerodrome, give yourself the basic raid buffs like quickness/might/fury and do auto attack tests on the golem with and without any facets active. Unless there is a bug you’ll get higher numbers with facets active.

Brings up a good QoL point :They should make all persistence skills show up as buffs on the Hotbar.

If not for anything else, for clarity's sake.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Brings up a good QoL point :They should make all persistence skills show up as buffs on the Hotbar.

If not for anything else, for clarity's sake.

Eh, the clutter is already insanely high on the hotbars I think that would be a bad change. Was literally in fractals yesterday with an FB that had his bar touching the middle of my screen from all the buffs

@Yasai.3549 said:

Eh, the clutter is already insanely high on the hotbars I think that would be a bad change. Was literally in fractals yesterday with an FB that had his bar touching the middle of my screen from all the buffs

Tell Anet to fix their UI :p

Would love for that to happen, but I’m not too hopeful ?

why dont u use the other group ui then? where u dont see other peoples hotbar

@Virdo.1540 said:

Which Ui would that be?

Which Ui would that be?

The grid, probably?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Which Ui would that be?

The grid, probably?

Naw I found what Virdo was talking about it’s the “simple party Ui” option which is the type of party Ui PvP has.

Unfortunately it doesn’t really solve the issue because it only shows boons/condis and omits other important Information useful for some fractals