[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@Geikamir.6329 said:More armor choices that don't have capes, robes, or butt skirts would greatly improve my play experience.

I would like to add to this. I enjoy dressing my characters to show off their streamline silhouette, even if they're completely covered up. Rather than adding more armor, because there's already so many I won't use or am so far from unlocking, Please can we have a button to hide the skirts on the leggings/pants? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like a quicker fix than creating all new armor.

Light coats - almost all are fitted and don't have the butt overhang. There's quite a variety there. Love them!

Light pants - all except for the Profane Pants have a skirt attached. I can see the really cool leggings underneath but they're mostly hidden. :'( I would much rather showthose and hide the skirt.

Medium coats - only about three or four are fitted and stop at the waist. I love the Falconer's Coat, but again, would like the option to shorten.

Medium pants - Omg, sooo much variety here!! Almost all are just legs (and fitted), no skirt! LOVE them!! <3

Heavy coats - all short with no overhang! <3Heavy pants - Oh boy. Only one is truly just leggings. :'( The rest all have a skirt or something else attached and could really use the "hide skirt" button. :#

My summary is based on a human character and she is not allowed to preview race-specific items.

Please can we have glitter dyes (not rng)? :3Please can we have the Quality of Life thread stickied like in the old forum?Also, I would like to see all our suggestions in one place that maybe we could vote on or add to, since I am guilty of posting the original suggestion somewhere else already. (Sorry Gaile! :#) If I was savvy enough, I would do it myself. Feedback on our suggestions and whether we can look forward to them being granted or not would be really nice.

Thank you!

• Like 1

I have played other MMOs where this was a feature and I would find it really helpful in GW2

At the moment I have F1 bound to both F1 and X for my Firebrand, so I can easily use my tome in my rotation.However when Playing Holosmith I want F5 to be bound to X for the same reason.

I main Firebrand so my fingers get into habits for how to "transform into DPS mode" and when I swap to Holo I just use a healing toolbelt skill XD

So I would love the option to have differnt keybind for my Holo and my Firebrand and each of my characters. It is a pain to set up in the beginning but quire rewarding overall.

Account Key Storage/Bank/Keyring - All keys usable in game stored out of inventory/bank and accessible by all characters at all times.Allow Converting "Apply Now" Skins Already Unlocked Into Transmutation Charges - Link to DiscussionCycle Mounts Key - A bindable key to cycle through the account unlocked mounts; Raptor, Springer, Skimmer, Jackal, then Griffon. For easy switching, when not mounted, and on the run.Account Library - Storage and access to all "story books" aquired via collections, freeing up inventory and bank space.

• Like 2

ONLY if there's an option to "keep it the same for everyone" option and it's not the main set up that I have to always change it for every character until I get it right.I already hate going to PvP maps when I need to at times as it always changes to the default PvP set up when I go in there for the 1st time on a character and pisses me off.

I would prefer it if we could move weapon skill slots around the same way we can with utilitys, just as an example incase I am not clear, if I want to move weapon skill slot 2 to weapon skill slot 5 instead, then I should be able to do that. One of the biggest reasons I would prefer my suggested system to character bound keybinds is that it allows better customization, as example, if I want to always put evade type skills in weapon slot 3 I can and I can then always look at the correct slot to check cooldowns, currently the game has many evades on slot 3 but not all, this is something I find annoying and would like to change.

@Vavume.8065 said:I would prefer it if we could move weapon skill slots around the same way we can with utilitys, just as an example incase I am not clear, if I want to move weapon skill slot 2 to weapon skill slot 5 instead, then I should be able to do that. One of the biggest reasons I would prefer my suggested system to character bound keybinds is that it allows better customization, as example, if I want to always put evade type skills in weapon slot 3 I can and I can then always look at the correct slot to check cooldowns, currently the game has many evades on slot 3 but not all, this is something I find annoying and would like to change.

Would your suggestion also apply to movng the F-Skills? Since that is the main reason I want to customise my keys :)

Bump.Also, I'm curious. Since the original QoL thread on the old forum to now, how many of you have seen a suggestion implemented? Unless one reads through every single post, it's hard to tell. The posts I have read contain a number of suggestions many players agree with but, to date, are not implemented.

Hi,I think an optional feature for this would be very useful when we need to access our tonics, food, utility items and toys quickly without searching for them in inventory.It can have 4 slots or more. And those slots should be keybind-able. Possible usage scenarios would help QoL a lot.For example if you have a detector item in your inventory, and you use it regularly for a quest you can put it to this item slot and you can use it via keyboard.Or if you wanna switch between instruments with keybinding, this will help a lot too. In raids, you can switch between food types easily, or you can just hit a key or key combination to refresh the buff. And many more QoL improvements...

• Like 1

Has been requested a great number of times, but I guess that was on the old forums. I would absolutely love to have an item-hotbar for buff-food, quaggan tonics and other useful stuff. There are many items in the game that could be used in combat if they weren't so annoying to use from the inventory. For example items that grant a 1 time blast finisher or invisibility etc.

I would love as QoL improvement to have the Herta, Mawdrey II, Princess and the Star of Gratitude to have a possibility to use a mystic forge to combine them as one like the ones in the LS3 had. Call it the Star of Life for example and let it do the function of all 4 items at once with the addition of drawing them materials from bank if inventory does not have them.

This would also save couple of slots of inventory space.

@Umut.5471 said:Hi,I think an optional feature for this would be very useful when we need to access our tonics, food, utility items and toys quickly without searching for them in inventory.It can have 4 slots or more. And those slots should be keybind-able. Possible usage scenarios would help QoL a lot.For example if you have a detector item in your inventory, and you use it regularly for a quest you can put it to this item slot and you can use it via keyboard.Or if you wanna switch between instruments with keybinding, this will help a lot too. In raids, you can switch between food types easily, or you can just hit a key or key combination to refresh the buff. And many more QoL improvements...

I've wanted this too, especially for quest/loot finding items. I'd probably remember to do my foods more often if they were in my face on the UI. A great QoL suggestion.

Taking it one step further, I would like to see two bars; one that is character specific and the other bar working in the same way as the shared inventory slots. The user can turn one or both bars on or off, can adjust the size of the bars and place them where they like on the UI. That would be very cool in my world. :D

EDITED to improve clarity. Wanted to add that there could be a save UI profile option for each character - this would allow bars to be in different places on the UI for each character and take away the annoyance in having to continually move your bars to suit how you play a specific profession.

EDIT 2 - because I just keep thinking of stuff and don't want to add a fresh post. UI profile option for each character - if the players wants to use the same layout as another of their characters, provide an option for loading a character profile to use as a template. They can then save as normal. So I want to use my character Jane Doe's UI layout for my character Plain Jane, I select it and then save as Plain Jane - not overwriting Jane Doe's.

To prevent the UI menu from becoming to unwieldy, use drop down menus for saved UI profiles. I have over 15 characters so this would be perfect for me.

This is the kind of QoL improvement they should consider.. not just name tag correction :)I still feel after all these years DDO provides the best UI /quickslot feature amongst other things.

Maybe 5 Quickslots on skill bar and an improved LFG feature would go a long way for me.. add in a few extra bank tabs an extra guild bank tab and I would be rooted to GW2 for a few more years at least... cmon ANET do it! :)

@ginryu.3026 said:Home Instance Nodes and Improved Economy Regulation

Please add Home Instance gathering nodes to the Gem Store so they can be purchased individually. As of the time of this writing, a Platinum Mining Node, for example, costs 2,400g, if purchased from the Trading Post. This price is insanely disproportionate to its value.

Right now, the cost of one Platinum Ore on the Trading Post is 1s 64. A person would have to receive three Platinum Ore every day for 400 years in order to break even on a Platinum Mining Node. This is absolutely ridiculous.

When it comes to Home Instance gathering nodes, Guild Wars 2’s economy is broken. This could be fixed by adding Account-Bound Home Instance Gathering Nodes to the Gem Store.

Purchasable Shared Gathering Slots (Account-Level)

I would like to be able to purchase from the Gem Store shared gathering tool slots for my characters. Ideally, one would be able to make this purchase once for his entire account.In other words, I hope I would not have to—individually, one-at-a-time—purchase shared gathering slots for each gathering tool type, for each character. (This kind of implementation would dramatically reduce my interest in this feature.) Ideally, the purchase would be made once, and would unlock the shared gathering tool slot for every character on my account. I could see making each tool type slot a separate purchase, if ArenaNet really has to do that in order to justify the cost of implementing this Quality of Life improvement.

So, for example, for 400 Gems, one could unlock a Shared Logging Tool Slot for all of his characters, place his Reap-r-Tron, or whatever, in the slot, and then use the Reap-r-Tron on every character without having to individually equip the unlimited gathering tool each time he switches characters. Then, for another 400 Gems, he could unlock a Shared Mining Tool Slot, which would work the same way; and for another 400 Gems, he could unlock a Shared Foraging Tool Slot, which would work the same way.

Having to move unlimited gathering tools from one character to another is an annoying, frustrating inconvenience. Players specifically buy unlimited gathering tools to avoid the inconvenience of having to purchase the standard, limited-use gathering tools. This Quality of Life feature, therefore, would add value to an existing feature and further enhance QoL for players.

Ancillary Feature: Locked Shared Gathering Tool Slots

For players who like to use different unlimited gathering tool sets, depending on which character they’re playing, it would be nice to have the ability to “lock” a purchased Shared Gathering Tool Slot for a given character. Locking a Shared Gathering Tool Slot prior to equipping a gathering tool in that slot would prevent the any account-wide changes being made to the locked character or to any other character as a result of equipping a gathering tool in the locked slot.

Pin Character to Beginning of Character Menu

This is a feature suggestion. I would like for the development team to add the ability to pin a character to the beginning of the character list on the character selection screen. This would be a Quality of Life improvement that I imagine would be very easy to implement, yet would have broad appeal. Of course, being able to manually order your characters on the Character Select screen (and lock that ordering) would be ideal, but even being able to pin a single character to the beginning of the list would be a marginal improvement.

Right now, the last character I played is the first one that shows up in the character selection list. I would prefer to be able to pin one character to the beginning of the list, and have the rest of my characters show up in the order most recently played. Honestly, I’m surprised this idea hasn’t already been considered and implemented.

Home Nodes aren't there to 'break even' you aren't supposed to become rich from them. They are something you get if you like the idea.

Purchasable Shared Gathering Slots - just buy tool for every single alt you have if switching them or keeping them in shared slots is too hard for you. You will be helping ANET greatly by doing so. I usually switch them between characters.

Ancillary Feature: Locked Shared Gathering Tool Slots - buy the tools again.

Pin Character to Beginning of Character Menu this would be good.

My biggest QoL request is to have traits remembered when you swap around specializations, rather than having them always reset.

Second biggest is to separate wardrobe/skin galleries from equipment section in the hero panel. The HP should just open up to equipment by default, with wardrobe being the second tab on the far left, where all skins/dyes are stored.

Third biggest is to add unidentified gear outside of PoF.