Red Lady and Mysterious Skeletons — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Lore

Red Lady and Mysterious Skeletons

<13

Comments

• Reynarth.4819Reynarth.4819 Member ✭✭✭

There is also a dead body near Shadow Behemoth.

• Tamias.7059Tamias.7059 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

Who do we think "the red lady" is? The classic conspiracy theory answer is Livia, but we've seen her recently and it's not clear how her story would fit into this (although I am very eager to find out what happened to the Scepter of Orr).

Personally, my money's on the Nameless Lich. We never found out what her deal was because development stopped on GW1, but we do have a potential hint:

With the seals between certain realms weakening as a result of events from a Halloween previous, some of the members of the Lunatic Court have been able to slip out as well. They have been acting independent of the Mad King in an attempt to free him, but their plans may be attracting the attention of someone else who would like to return to Tyria...

And, well, if the seals between realms are weakened by Halloween, increased activity near former Underworld portals may be explained by that.

EDIT: Another part that made me think - "speaks to me in dreams". Who do we know of that speaks to people in their dreams? There's Mordremoth, but I'm guessing that's not what's going on here. The Dream Riders seem like like a likely candidate (did someone say skeleton horse ghost mount in LWS4?), but we should consider other possibilities too. And what is means by "seeking allies" or "answer the call"?

@cNd.1096 said:
    There is also a dead body near Shadow Behemoth.

Good find! I'm not in a position to check at the moment - what does it say when you interact with it? The same as the one in Lornar's Pass or something different? Does it mention the red lady?

It seems these anomalies are correlated with the locations of former entrances to the Underworld. There was a statue somewhere near where Cragstead now is, although it wasn't an entrance to the Underworld. There was also one in the Ascalon Catacombs. Another place might be the Cathedral of Silence in Orr.

It might also be worth checking out Balthazar's Rest in Auric Basin. If memory serves you used to be able to get to the Fissure of Woe from there - it'd be worth finding out whether these things are only happening near entrances to the Underworld or entrances to the god realms in general. It might also offer some insight as to whether these events are related to what is going on inside the Sanctum.

• Reynarth.4819Reynarth.4819 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

One near Shadow Behemoth doesn't say anything interesting, just that it was stabbed many times. The more interesting thing is that after we kill Behemoth, something red is coming to that body, and then dissapear. I'm sure we can find more things like this in a places connected to Underworld, or Grenth.

• MarcellinoAlighieri.7194MarcellinoAlighieri.7194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

I honest to Tyrael thought the Mysterious Skeletons (spotted them in Lornar's Pass) were leftovers from the Halloween event. Now I'm curious to see where this goes.

Prince of Angels - Disney Prince with a Horrifying Power

• Vyrulisse.1246Vyrulisse.1246 Member ✭✭✭

During the Shadow Behemoth battle, I noticed a bunch of Mysterious Skeletons lingering around the portals he summons so they aren't limited to just Lornar's. I tried twice though I haven't seen the rest of what happens there post-battle sadly.

• I'll definitely be checking out these places. I'm really excited to see where this might go..

• The Aatxe can also be found in the library of Kormir during the Griffon quest line. So I wonder if the exit of Kormir triggered these events.

In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:
    The Aatxe can also be found in the library of Kormir during the Griffon quest line. So I wonder if the exit of Kormir triggered these events.

We know for sure that the departure of Kormir is what allowed "other entities within the Mists" move in on the Sanctum. We might be seeing something similar here - Grenth's departure means that the Underworld has been occupied by these other entities (in GW1 aatxes are almost exclusively associated with the Underworld, although I do wonder if that necessarily means that they are Dhuum's minions), and eventually they are able to make their way through into Tyria via portals from 250 years ago.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

one word: CREEPY!

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

This is certainly not a halloween decoration. ;))

A red Lady? speaking in dreams? seeking allies? answer the call? Holy kitten!

It's certainly not Livia, she doesn't wear axes, right? And why would she just kill people and do weird things to them??

That's a bit scary... It's starting to be like a horror movie...

Also the priest... priest of Grenth?

Perhaps this "Red Lady" is a servant of Dhuum? I don't know, it's scary...

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• Oenanthe.6549Oenanthe.6549 Member ✭✭✭

Has anyone checked out the area with the portals in Kessex Hills, by the hero point?

I hate to say this hype, but Red Lady, Scarlet?

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

Was hoping to see a thread on this after I noticed the new wiki articles.

So far it seems only Godlost Swamp and Reaper's Gate were investigated. What about other places with portals to the Underworld / Mists? There's the hero challenge area in Kessex Hills, Cathedral of Silence (lots of shades there during priest event), the cave where Speaker of the Dead takes place, the Dredgehaunt Cliffs event in the northern skritt caves, Joko's Garden in the Desolation (if they appear there now then we know this didn't begin with PoF but Halloween), and possibly others I cannot think of atm.

If we want to cover statues to Grenth in general, there's also the statue in Frostgroge near the revolting dredge.

As for "red lady" the first thought I had was Scarlet Briar, but I hope they don't bring her back. My second thought, would be this lady who wears read was also part of Halloween but never had her plot furthered before GW2's release.

@Tamias.7059 said:
    There's also now a level 80 raven (in a level 33/34 area) next to the statue of Grenth, which (unless the wiki was incomplete before) is also new.

Those were added with Nevermore collection.

@Tamias.7059 said:
    Personally, my money's on the Nameless Lich. We never found out what her deal was because development stopped on GW1, but we do have a potential hint:

With the seals between certain realms weakening as a result of events from a Halloween previous, some of the members of the Lunatic Court have been able to slip out as well. They have been acting independent of the Mad King in an attempt to free him, but their plans may be attracting the attention of someone else who would like to return to Tyria...

And, well, if the seals between realms are weakened by Halloween, increased activity near former Underworld portals may be explained by that.

While I agree with the Nameless Lich being a suspect, that quote was referring to the Bloody Prince. I recall a dev confirming that some years back.

@Tamias.7059 said:
    EDIT: Another part that made me think - "speaks to me in dreams". Who do we know of that speaks to people in their dreams? There's Mordremoth, but I'm guessing that's not what's going on here. The Dream Riders seem like like a likely candidate (did someone say skeleton horse ghost mount in LWS4?), but we should consider other possibilities too. And what is means by "seeking allies" or "answer the call"?

Dhuum kind of does.

@Tamias.7059 said:
    It might also be worth checking out Balthazar's Rest in Auric Basin. If memory serves you used to be able to get to the Fissure of Woe from there - it'd be worth finding out whether these things are only happening near entrances to the Underworld or entrances to the god realms in general. It might also offer some insight as to whether these events are related to what is going on inside the Sanctum.

Memory serves you wrong here, you can't get to FoW from there.

@Tamias.7059 said:

The Aatxe can also be found in the library of Kormir during the Griffon quest line. So I wonder if the exit of Kormir triggered these events.

We know for sure that the departure of Kormir is what allowed "other entities within the Mists" move in on the Sanctum. We might be seeing something similar here - Grenth's departure means that the Underworld has been occupied by these other entities (in GW1 aatxes are almost exclusively associated with the Underworld, although I do wonder if that necessarily means that they are Dhuum's minions), and eventually they are able to make their way through into Tyria via portals from 250 years ago.

Grenth's departure also caused Mist entities to invade the Underworld. Seems this may be universal across all god realms.

All these squares make a circle.

• Erulogos.2591Erulogos.2591 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

Is the Red Lady's catchphrase "the night is dark and full of terrors"?

• Athrenn.9468Athrenn.9468 Member ✭✭✭

@Erulogos.2591 said:
    Is the Red Lady's catchphrase "the night is dark and full of terrors"?

I think it's, "Bomb's away! Or rather, bomb's in your face!"

Or maybe...

"There goes the fuuuuuuse, and you're going to looooooose..."

God's be merciful, no more Scarlet Briar.

• Erulogos.2591Erulogos.2591 Member ✭✭✭

@Athrenn.9468 said:
    I think it's, "Bomb's away! Or rather, bomb's in your face!"

Or maybe...

"There goes the fuuuuuuse, and you're going to looooooose..."

God's be merciful, no more Scarlet Briar.

Scarlet amused me, but her story is fairly over really. At most, we could encounter her ghost and have her pull "I was right all along, I saw the Alchemy and how you were wrecking it and had to try to save Tyria!" Which would put a different spin on her waking up the big M, but her time as the big bad is past.

But then, Kormir showed us in the PoF story that even that gods that don't hate us aren't all that merciful.

• FXLEACH.9436FXLEACH.9436 Member ✭✭✭

I was linked to this thread from my own little thread I made about this! Good to see more discussion! Ipersonally think the red lady is related to the matrix wherein the lady in red is a distraction. That's all I have to say for now.

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

I just defeated Shadow Behemoth, but I didn't see anything specific new or hidden.
    I did saw new Mysterious Skeletons standing here and there in the middle of the fight, but I did not see any Red Lady.
    I found a dead priest body though, but nothing else. Could someone show me how this Red Lady looks ?

Is there anything more hidden stuff?

I love these kind of things! =)

edited November 9, 2017

The only ''Red Lady'' I recall was back in the older days, there was alot of discussions of who this lady in red was in the GW2 Teaser trailer, standing under a waterfall,

I also found, probably the same player character with the same character in another trailer, that's why I mixed this picture up..
    Probably just a random NPC back then with an unreleased armor, but this is what came up in my mind when I read 'Red lady'.
    This Red Lady you are speaking of, does she looks like this?

• Squee.7829Squee.7829 Member ✭✭✭

It's Livia! It's Lyssa! It's both!!

You know it's coming. I don't think it's true, but I wanted to get it out of the way.

• maxwelgm.4315maxwelgm.4315 Member ✭✭✭

Guys, did you check with the Necromancer NPC inside Deathroot Shack? I had the option to ask him about the dead body and he claimed that dead person mentioned a deal. I don't have any screens sadly but someone posted some on reddit (which I can't find right now). Is there any Necro/nearby NPC near the other dead body to check out? Or any necromancer NPCs in general such as the Doomsayer of Kryta.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:
    Guys, did you check with the Necromancer NPC inside Deathroot Shack? I had the option to ask him about the dead body and he claimed that dead person mentioned a deal. I don't have any screens sadly but someone posted some on reddit (which I can't find right now). Is there any Necro/nearby NPC near the other dead body to check out? Or any necromancer NPCs in general such as the Doomsayer of Kryta.

Yeah I got a screeny of the Necromancer in Deathroot Schack.
    He says this after you ask him about the dead old priest body:

• maxwelgm.4315maxwelgm.4315 Member ✭✭✭

@Alga.6498 said:

@maxwelgm.4315 said:

Thank you, this is what I was talking about. I messed up "answering a call" with striking a deal though, good clarification now!

edited November 9, 2017

@Alga.6498 said:

@maxwelgm.4315 said:

Crazy. The other dead body writes something about answering a call in his journal as well. Maybe someone is luring priests of Grenth to Underworld portals, only to murder them violently?

To me, Dhuum is the number one suspect. But I can think of at least one other powerful necromancer who is currently on the loose in the Underworld.

edited November 9, 2017

Yeah, when I heard about the Red Lady, my first thought was Livia, along with the mysterious skeletons which must be Dhuum related.
    Somehow there's something going on in Underworld, or someone is trying to enter/bring something out from it.
    Since our gods left us, which includes Grenth, this must be Dhuum matter.

I can't wait to follow up this hidden mini-story, or this could be a hint to something bigger.
    This is so excited! I love these kind of hidden, mysterious stuff. =)

• draxynnic.3719draxynnic.3719 Member ✭✭✭✭

Skeletons of Dhuum was my first thought as well.

Unfortunately, any 'cleaning up the god realms' content is 90% likely to be confined to raids, so if you're not a raider, temper your expectations.

edited November 9, 2017

I went and checked other hotspots of shades/aatxes, nothing. Kind of disappointing.

Also notified my guild about this and they ended up finding the same as brought up later in this thread. To summarize what we have so far:

• Two locations, Shadow Behemoth area and Reaper's Gate. Chance of Mysterious Skeletons spawning there.
    • Two "Dead Body"s, dialogue mentions cuts from ax or sword (special necromancer dialogue specifying undead skeletons / powerful necromancy) no doubt referring to the ax wielding Mysterious Skeletons (I wonder if revenants have unique dialogue?).
    • Necromancer in shack has unique dialogue after interacting with Godslost Swamp corpse.
    • From all dialogues, both corpses were priests that were "answering a call".
    • Reaper's Gate one makes mention of a "red lady" and the initials DS.
    • Godslost Swamp one is visited by a orange/red orb labeled "Mysterious Spirit".

Given all the above, if this isn't a new threat my guess would be Dhuum making a return. He's definitely powerful necromancer, would have reason to target priests, related to the Underworld, had skeleton minions, and Path of Fire had (further) established that the Underworld (and Realm of Torment) is in a bit of chaos thanks to the gods' departure. Plus the Shadow Behemoth had been previously related to Dhuum in one of the legendary collections (IIRC, Astralaria's collections).

Who the "red lady" is, I'm not so sure. Probably someone new, if I had to guess.

• Rognik.2579Rognik.2579 Member ✭✭✭

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

• Two "Dead Body"s, dialogue mentions cuts from ax or sword (special necromancer dialogue specifying undead skeletons / powerful necromancy) no doubt referring to the ax wielding Mysterious Skeletons (I wonder if revenants have unique dialogue?).

I just checked. No unique dialogue for revenants.

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2017

The Mysterious Skeletons drop Halloween creature drops, but that may be just an oversight from making them out of the Blood Prince's skeletons.

They seem to be skeletons covered in shadow.

They appear only during the night cycle, same as the Behemoth and the Lady in White.

The effect that gives a Nourishment when /kneeling in front of the statue spells things in New Krytan. I tried reading them, but they flash too fast, and the words are random and different every time you /kneel. I only got time to read one from screenshots: "BOGGNOSCE".

• According to reddit comments, it seems the Mysterious Skeletons only come out at night.

Side note: link has no relevance to this discussion, I just found it a fun reference given speculation.

• Fundor.2098Fundor.2098 Member ✭✭✭

This is pure speculation, but I'm guessing the Red Lady is either Desmina, Grenth's first follower or one of the mortal heroes who helped him defeat Dhuum. The heroes became Grenth's seven reapers and thus first servants, but maybe they've returned to their undead selves after his departure from the Mists, and are now struggling to hold the line against Dhuum? It would make sense for them to contact the living priests of Grenth to join the cause.
    If the realms of the gods are starting to collapse like The Sanctum is after Kormir left, it would truly make sense for Dhuum to break free and his old enemies trying to defeat him once again.

The stories we love best do live in us forever. - J.K. Rowling

• Don't know if it's a Halloween feature or not but my brother says that he recently seen moving foot prints near the cliffs surrounding the house in Godslost Swamp. He also has seen them in other areas but can't remember where, but every time he approaches them they turn and run off in the opposite direction from him and then disappear.

• Do the dead bodies appear only at night also? Or just the mysterious skeletons?

Prince of Angels - Disney Prince with a Horrifying Power

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MarcellinoAlighieri.7194 said:
    Do the dead bodies appear only at night also? Or just the mysterious skeletons?

Dead bodies can't leave during the day...

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

• Squee.7829Squee.7829 Member ✭✭✭

@Fenom.9457 said:

@MarcellinoAlighieri.7194 said:
    Do the dead bodies appear only at night also? Or just the mysterious skeletons?

Dead bodies can't leave during the day...

Well the skeletons do. I mean, they're dead bodies.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:
    The Mysterious Skeletons drop Halloween creature drops, but that may be just an oversight from making them out of the Blood Prince's skeletons.

They appear only during the night cycle, same as the Behemoth and the Lady in White.

The effect that gives a Nourishment when /kneeling in front of the statue spells things in New Krytan. I tried reading them, but they flash too fast, and the words are random and different every time you /kneel. I only got time to read one from screenshots: "BOGGNOSCE".

Ooh, good catch. That little easter egg has been in the game since release AFAIK, but I wonder if the New Krytan is new.

edited November 10, 2017

Who is capable to speak to somebody in dreams? If the victims would be Sylvari the answer would be: Pale Tree or Mordremoth, but the victims are humans so somebody has to have powers to connect with people's minds.

Does Dhuum have the powers to connect with people's minds?

H. P. Lovecraft

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2017

@draxynnic.3719 said:

Unfortunately, any 'cleaning up the god realms' content is 90% likely to be confined to raids, so if you're not a raider, temper your expectations.

usually they dont put things related to Raids to affect core Tyria.

Perhaps, its seems new side histories, it can hint the direction new lore goes for.

http://dulfy.net/2017/08/08/gw2-side-stories-achievements-guide/

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• @Tamias.7059 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

Ooh, good catch. That little easter egg has been in the game since release AFAIK, but I wonder if the New Krytan is new.

I've got a hefty stack of gifts of exploration and I've been there enough times to complete several times the Modus Sceleris event that happens in there, and every time I've been there I get the nourishment from the statue.

While the words flash fast, they have a bright outline flashing around them as they appear from left to right on the character's back.

Memory is tricky, but something like that is hard to pass. It was extremely noticeable when I saw it yesterday, so I don't think it's very likely it's something I've missed the other hundreds of times I've been there. If I aw it before, I would have added a wiki entry about it like I did yesterday.

So I'm inclined to think it's new.

• TealDeer.4217TealDeer.4217 Member
    edited November 10, 2017

@Arden.7480 said:
    Who is capable to speak to somebody in dreams? If the victims would be Sylvari the answer would be: Pale Tree or Mordremoth, but the victims are humans so somebody has to have powers to connect with people's minds.

Does Dhuum have the powers to connect with people's minds?

Actually, yes, he does:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Invasion_From_Within

In Nightfallen Jahai, the Forgotten Rukkassa's mind is invaded by Dhuum's forces, causing him to fight against his allies.

edit

Regarding the Modus Scleris event that happens near that statue of Grenth in Lornar's Pass, what triggers it? I thought I was crazy remembering an event there, but perhaps not. I wonder if said event has changed at all with this update?

• @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    Also notified my guild about this and they ended up finding the same as brought up later in this thread. To summarize what we have so far:

• Godslost Swamp one is visited by a orange/red orb labeled "Mysterious Spirit".

On GW1, I remember that a red Spirit (ok I admit it's more a wisp than a spirit on a Necro point of view) was poping in Lion Arch only during halloween event (video from 3min27'' to 3min58''): link
    And the exact same spirt could be seen at any time of the year in the swamp around the Temple of Ages (can't remember where exactly, I'll have to log back to GW1).
    So clearly Red Spirits has always been part of this Kryta area and are tightly linked to the mists/Halloween.

• edited November 10, 2017

I seen there is different answers depending on if your a necro or not

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

The Red Lady is Carmen Sandiego trying to steal the statue of Grenth. She has to send her henchmen to deal with the priests. The "DS" on the journal is a clue to her next heist which stands for "Dwayna's Statue". It all makes sense now. She's trying to stop Winter's Day.

Wut

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

• @TealDeer.4217 said:
    [...]
    Regarding the Modus Scleris event that happens near that statue of Grenth in Lornar's Pass, what triggers it? I thought I was crazy remembering an event there, but perhaps not. I wonder if said event has changed at all with this update?

Modus Sceleris events are so rare they they either have very long cooldowns, or are triggered randomly when a instance of a map is created.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@draxynnic.3719 said:

Perhaps, its seems new side histories, it can hint the direction new lore goes for.

The bandit leader events were pretty much only related to raids when they appeared. They ended up related to LS3 as well, mind you, but that was because the raids were closely related to LS3 (with the original three wings being a prologue) rather than being a 'side story' per se.

So the comment about raid stuff not affecting core Tyria is inconclusive at best.

A Dhuum breakout, though, would be a prime candidate for a raid. It's something that's easily decoupled from Tyria itself, with the main event happening in the Underworld. It would be a followup to what was essentially the GW1 equivalent of a raid in GW1. It would be very easy to make a Dhuum instance into a series of boss fights in the style of raids. And it's not (necessarily) directly related to the current main story involving Kralkatorrik, Aurene, Joko and Dragon's Watch - certainly less so than the first raid wings were to the LS3 story.

It's perfect raid material, and thus, I'd be quite surprised if it wasn't. Perhaps pleasantly surprised, depending on what it is they decide to make the raids instead, but surprised nonetheless.

edited November 11, 2017

@draxynnic.3719 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@draxynnic.3719 said:

The bandit leader events were pretty much only related to raids when they appeared. They ended up related to LS3 as well, mind you, but that was because the raids were closely related to LS3 (with the original three wings being a prologue) rather than being a 'side story' per se.

So the comment about raid stuff not affecting core Tyria is inconclusive at best.

A Dhuum breakout, though, would be a prime candidate for a raid. It's something that's easily decoupled from Tyria itself, with the main event happening in the Underworld. It would be a followup to what was essentially the GW1 equivalent of a raid in GW1. It would be very easy to make a Dhuum instance into a series of boss fights in the style of raids. And it's not (necessarily) directly related to the current main story involving Kralkatorrik, Aurene, Joko and Dragon's Watch - certainly less so than the first raid wings were to the LS3 story.

It's perfect raid material, and thus, I'd be quite surprised if it wasn't. Perhaps pleasantly surprised, depending on what it is they decide to make the raids instead, but surprised nonetheless.

The bandit champions weren't the only Side Stories stuff - ley lines were also present, and only related to S3. Furthermore, the first bandit Side Story stuff came out post-raid, rather than a prelude to the raids. I'm pretty sure even the third wing was already out by the time the first bandit champions and posters were.

I would also that depending on how it's done, Dhuum can very much be directly related to Path of Fire, given that PoF established that both the Realm of Torment and the Underworld have become weakened and chaotic in the gods' absences, and became even worse with soul-eating demons (which is exactly what Dhuum's minions were) when Balthazar had came and left, and that Palawa Joko was imprisoned and thus escape from the Underworld - his escape could easily lead to others escaping.

Furthermore, detracting from returning to the Elder Dragons in full force would keep the game from continuing back down the repetitious and boring path of "every expansion deals with a new Elder Dragon" that was the primary purpose for Path of Fire not dealing with the Elder Dragons. And with them having brought the gods back into the plot, it seems highly silly to completely end the gods' plots with PoF.

I do think we'll be getting a god-related raid soon, but I'd bet it'll be tied to Mingus, I mean Menzies more than Dhuum.

But I suppose I'm just hopeful that my favorite GW1 villain of all time and most looked forward continued plot from GW1 will be getting a bigger spotlight than a mere raid. Hopefully it won't be getting the treatment that my fourth favorite GW1 villain got (Lazarus).

• Maethor.2810Maethor.2810 Member ✭✭✭

@Gold Angel Of Death.2538 said:
    I seen there is different answers depending on if your a necro or not

Checked this out, can verify.

The body at Godslost has a different explanation upon inspecting it, stating outright it was the nearby skeletons that killed it. The one at Lornar's has an additional line about it having the distinct feeling of the Underworld about it but otherwise, the text is the same.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@draxynnic.3719 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@draxynnic.3719 said:

The bandit champions weren't the only Side Stories stuff - ley lines were also present, and only related to S3. Furthermore, the first bandit Side Story stuff came out post-raid, rather than a prelude to the raids. I'm pretty sure even the third wing was already out by the time the first bandit champions and posters were.

I would also that depending on how it's done, Dhuum can very much be directly related to Path of Fire, given that PoF established that both the Realm of Torment and the Underworld have become weakened and chaotic in the gods' absences, and became even worse with soul-eating demons (which is exactly what Dhuum's minions were) when Balthazar had came and left, and that Palawa Joko was imprisoned and thus escape from the Underworld - his escape could easily lead to others escaping.

Furthermore, detracting from returning to the Elder Dragons in full force would keep the game from continuing back down the repetitious and boring path of "every expansion deals with a new Elder Dragon" that was the primary purpose for Path of Fire not dealing with the Elder Dragons. And with them having brought the gods back into the plot, it seems highly silly to completely end the gods' plots with PoF.

I do think we'll be getting a god-related raid soon, but I'd bet it'll be tied to Mingus, I mean Menzies more than Dhuum.

But I suppose I'm just hopeful that my favorite GW1 villain of all time and most looked forward continued plot from GW1 will be getting a bigger spotlight than a mere raid. Hopefully it won't be getting the treatment that my fourth favorite GW1 villain got (Lazarus).

The first bandit champions showed up between Wing 2 and Wing 3.

Given the precedent of the first three being basically the prologue to Season 3, I really don't think the possibility that Dhuum might be related to Season 4 is any protection against Dhuum being a raid. They've shown that they're willing to make raids out of things that are intrinsically tied to the main storyline - and heck, even Saul had the potential to be much more important if he hadn't simply had his age catch up to him and died. With PoF's ending already having multiple things on the PC's to-do list, I could definitely see going into the Underworld to put Dhuum back in his box being a raid-level side story rather than part of the main plot. It's too big to be a 'Side Stories' achievement, and my expectation is that Season 4 will mostly focus on going deeper into Elona, at least to begin with.