Best Looking Light armour! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Best Looking Light armour!

Daedalus Palamaon.8934Daedalus Palamaon.8934 Member ✭✭
edited November 10, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I saw this thread (best medium armour - ugh!) created today - and those thiefs think that THEY have some cool looking armour!

Well well clothies - it’s time for us to shine and show off what our best armour looks like since we are obviously superior

(I’ll post mine when I get home)

<1

Comments

• OP you must be crazy. No body play ele, necro, or mes anymore. The current is medium armor META.

• I actually like the Illustrious armor (light ascended), but Seer armor, Elonian armor and Charr T3 cultural armors are also very cool. I'd say the flame legion light set is also good looking but i've had it for too long and i'm sick of looking at it hahahhaa. :tongue:

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Grim West.3194 said:
    Light armor is the worst. Just give me some kitten pants. I'm sick of the balloon fiesta that is light armor.

I wish I could mix-n-match Light tops (no buttcapes) with Medium pants (no buttcapes). It would be soooooo perfect!

• There are none in my honest opinion. There's no good light armour in this game.

Headgear: There is either that what I got on, the reaper hood, or that Seer's one which I think is a blindfold.

Body/chest: Other than what I got on which is the Kodan top, I can't find any. It's either bras or more covered than a nun. Kodan I just lived with because it's short sleeved and have a decent look. I still loathe the low cut that I can't even hide well because it cuts down so low you still see a "Crack in the window" to my kitten chest.

Legs: The worst of the 3 armours. I'm either in panties, or I have a cape behind my pants, or both panties with cape behind the panties. It's atrocious and really disappointing. Can't find a decent pair of pants (and no embroided still cut out the hips because "reasons" that I don't bloody understand.

The ONLY thing I like about light armour? Underwater has a water mask that are like hairpins that stick on the top of your head.
    Which looks really cool and kind of makes it look like you breathe underwater. BUT EVEN WITH THAT, I kind of wish I could use the reaper hood underwater or something so I can keep consistant with not showing my face on my character.

• Supz.9836Supz.9836 Member ✭✭
    edited November 10, 2017

My ele with her fire tornado mini

• Are you looking for an outfit for a particular character? The last thread wasn't just to show off or get into fights about heteronormativity. It was about showing somebody some options.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2017

Low level pants. Could use more options

• @RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    Here's a couple of my necro's most recent looks.

Not bad Wonder Woman.
    The next one I assume is a librarian?

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is hands down my favourite light armour set, though I have seen some amazing light armours hanging around.

• Umut.5471Umut.5471 Member ✭✭✭

I just use outfits so I can have cool, heavy'ish looking armor. Hard to find kitten looking light armor for a female character, most are sexy and skimpy outfits.

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017

As a Full Set? I personally think Phoenix is the only set I would use all pieces together...

But let's be honest here, unless you're playing Asura or Charr, most light armor are skimpy suits with lots of sex appeal (Including the one I like).

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• @Jeknar.6184 said:
    As a Full Set? I personally think Phoenix is the only set I would use all pieces together...

But let's be honest here, unless you're playing Asura or Charr, most light armor are skimpy suits with lots of sex appeal (Including the one I like).

Might be why I never I saw why people ever have an issue with Asura's clothes. I only have a light armoured one and I find all of the clothes she got on as superb/awesome.

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

There are none in my honest opinion. There's no good light armour in this game.

Headgear: There is either that what I got on, the reaper hood, or that Seer's one which I think is a blindfold.

Body/chest: Other than what I got on which is the Kodan top, I can't find any. It's either bras or more covered than a nun. Kodan I just lived with because it's short sleeved and have a decent look. I still loathe the low cut that I can't even hide well because it cuts down so low you still see a "Crack in the window" to my kitten chest.

Legs: The worst of the 3 armours. I'm either in panties, or I have a cape behind my pants, or both panties with cape behind the panties. It's atrocious and really disappointing. Can't find a decent pair of pants (and no embroided still cut out the hips because "reasons" that I don't bloody understand.

The ONLY thing I like about light armour? Underwater has a water mask that are like hairpins that stick on the top of your head.
    Which looks really cool and kind of makes it look like you breathe underwater. BUT EVEN WITH THAT, I kind of wish I could use the reaper hood underwater or something so I can keep consistant with not showing my face on my character.

Triumphant armors have short sleeves like koda but you can only get it from pvp or wvw, I don't know.
    As for pants, our only option is ascalon performer and embroidered, or buttcapes. But even those two have cape, even if they're small.
    Most helm are ugly on every weights and race. I usually stick to cat ears

• @Haishao.6851 said:

There are none in my honest opinion. There's no good light armour in this game.

Triumphant armors have short sleeves like koda but you can only get it from pvp or wvw, I don't know.
    As for pants, our only option is ascalon performer and embroidered, or buttcapes. But even those two have cape, even if they're small.
    Most helm are ugly on every weights and race. I usually stick to cat ears

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

How hard is those Skirmish and Memories of battle is to get? This coming from someone who does 0 WvW and don't like PvP in general. That top is perfect for me:

As for that outfit you have on in the image, seeing it makes those Ascalonian pants not look like kitten, what's the name of those shoes? Please don't tell me it's WvW/PvP also

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017

As for that outfit you have on in the image, seeing it makes those Ascalonian pants not look like kitten, what's the name of those shoes? Please don't tell me it's WvW/PvP also

They're Council ministry shoes from caudecus dungeon

There's a triumphant armor reward track in wvw. If you don't care about time, you could do the easy wvw daily every day they come up to get some points toward it.
    Or try to find a commander and use a booster to get the most point possible, or even just do edge of the mist. That's what I did for my last gift of battle, I just went to EotM every saturday afternoon for 1 hour with boosters and followed the zerg.

Memories of battle can be bought on the TP
    Skirmish claim ticket need to be won doing wvw. You need tier 3 participation to start getting them i think, which isn't very hard if you find a commander and follow the zerg around.

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017

When I get home I'll upload my Necro, shes a Power Reaper with Demon Masqe, Bladed Shoulder/Gloves/Legs, Carapace Chest, The boot skin that you get from crafted ascended boots with Enameled Crimson and Shadow Abyss dyes. Abbadon Great Sword/Axe/Dagger.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• @Grim West.3194 said:
    Light armor is the worst.

Especially on female characters. I made my mesmer a charr in no small part because of that --- though finding something that looks good and doesn't clip on a charr is a challenge too. Even their own T3 tail-clips, a fact I'll never stop being salty about.

I do like the lllustrious set. It's one of the few that deserve to be called armor and aren't too in-your-face different from the male version, i.e. no BS underwear parade.

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017

@Chadramar.8156 said:

@Grim West.3194 said:
    Light armor is the worst.

Especially on female characters. I made my mesmer a charr in no small part because of that --- though finding something that looks good and doesn't clip on a charr is a challenge too. Even their own T3 tail-clips, a fact I'll never stop being salty about.

I do like the lllustrious set. It's one of the few that deserve to be called armor and aren't too in-your-face different from the male version, i.e. no BS underwear parade.

Thats the reason why I made a human female Necromancer.

I do plan on making a male Char though as they are awesome and beastly.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• @Haishao.6851 said:

They're Council ministry shoes from caudecus dungeon

There's a triumphant armor reward track in wvw. If you don't care about time, you could do the easy wvw daily every day they come up to get some points toward it.
    Or try to find a commander and use a booster to get the most point possible, or even just do edge of the mist. That's what I did for my last gift of battle, I just went to EotM every saturday afternoon for 1 hour with boosters and followed the zerg.

Memories of battle can be bought on the TP
    Skirmish claim ticket need to be won doing wvw. You need tier 3 participation to start getting them i think, which isn't very hard if you find a commander and follow the zerg around.

While just previewing, it looks so much like Medium Armour... I need to aim for this.
    Will check out Edge of the mists tomorrow if I can't see a commander running on the other maps. I'll aim for those boots 1st as it seem that PvP reward track that I guess went on randomly as I never knew about those rewards was set to Caudecus and it's almost done.

Finally, Light Armour I'm happy to wear.

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017

Ugh just give us more choices without buttcapes.

I use T3 cultural leggings which even though it makes me look like I have a giant [email protected] stamp, it's not a buttcape. Frustrating, really.

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

• Redfeather.6401Redfeather.6401 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017

My favourite light armour set is the male heritage armour.
    I still don't know how to embed images from wiki in a forum post.
    File:Heritage_armor_(light)_human_male_front.jpg

Click on your name up top. Click the little icon with the down arrow for preferences. Click Signature Settings to the right.

• Reverielle.3972Reverielle.3972 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017

@Grim West.3194 said:
    Low level pants. Could use more options

It's okay to wear low-level pants, no one is judging you because of that (and if they do they're insecure)
    But you have touched on an issue though; there don't really seem to be enough pants options for light armour.

• Daedalus Palamaon.8934Daedalus Palamaon.8934 Member ✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017

So finally OP delivers!

I wanted a more armoured light class set - but nothing too ridiculous (cough cough bladed cough cough) so I opted for mixtures of some Koda, some Radiant, and some Leystone. Overall I like the look as it looks armoured, but, has enough light material too look like cloth.

• Iris Ng.9845Iris Ng.9845 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2017

These are some outfits I have been rotating on my characters over the years. Notice the repeat of certain motifs: sometimes I loved a certain theme so badly yet wanted to refresh the look every few months, that ends up a few similar looking outfits in this post.

Pardon the heavy load of images.
    https://imgur.com/a/ONNem

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Crud, I just remembered I have some overdue books I need to return....!

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think my "clothies" look pretty kitten swell among all my other chars: ;)

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Jax, my necro.

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭

Not as elaborate as some others, but I like the "armored spellcaster"-look I get from these pieces. (D/D Elementalist)

• My ele WvW ascended armor

and with the effect on back when using weapon

• @Ashantara.8731 said:
    I think my "clothies" look pretty kitten swell among all my other chars: ;)

Heheh, quite a collection you have there.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

It’s difficult to appreciate when everything that wears light armor is generally seen on a human female that’s either an edgy scarf and earmuff wearing character who’s for some reason cold but wearing nothing but a bikini or some also scantily clad fantasy style armor. There are plenty of variations but it just depends on your taste. My Mesmer had a pretty sweet genie look before I sold my cosmic infusion to afford a guild upgrade. :(

My ele is is sylvari and usually wears ley armor which looks pretty good.

One problem is that the male and female are always different versions and some would look better with the other genders style. But that’s for all armor types.

• My Scepter/Warhorn Ele, severly crippled by the lack of choices of pants.

And my Necro, dualwielding her hands. (I still need the severed dagger skin for dualwielding hands to be effective...)

Overall Light Armor has the least variety among the 3 Armor types, we're either skimpy or Schoolgirls/Librarians. I wonder why we almost never see Males in light armor, probably because it just doesn't look very good, but that's just my guess.

As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

• My Norn Necro wearing a combination of T1 and T2 cultural armor. I kinda like the cleavage xD

• I don't have a screenshot right now but my ele sylvari is using the T1 cultural armor, the "dragonfly" wings (can't remember the name) backpack from gemstore, aurora and incinerator. She's all blue/purple. The Aurora aura is really pretty on her. My asura ele wears T3 top, some PoF pants and the 1st fractal backpack, with gold fractal sword and incinerator.
    Oh and I have a human female mesmer, wearing some gemstore top, arah pants, light of dawyna backpack, sunrise and... I don't remember anything else. She's my oldest character and I rarely play her.

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭

I cannot decide for one armor having a better look than another, simply because none of my toons have an armor with all 6 pieces being from the same armor type.

However, it is true that there are two types of human armor for which I use almost all pieces. So, I could define them as preferred ones in term of full armor maybe:

• The human light cultural armor (this one has - to my taste - the only really nice looking shoes).
    • The human feathered armor.

That said, fact remains that I always mix, and for me, it would be easier to tell about my preferred armor pieces, tops and bottoms, like the Carapace top, the winged bottom, and many others...

Generally, I do love quite a lot of the light armors. This is far from being the case for medium and heavy armors. With those, it is even a problem to arrange a look I like, and I mostly use outfit on my toons wearing medium and heavy armors.

Officer of Equinox Solstice [TIME] / Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    WvW server: Henge of Denravi
    https://discord.gg/P5dj7fd

• There are two that I happen to like. First is the profane set. Everything except the shoulders is pretty good. It looks more like leather armor than any sort of dress. It also happens to be bootylicious (not shown). It is one of the few light armor sets that looks good from behind, and not just from the front. I have aurora shoes on there as well. In general, the light armor classes have some of the best shoes.

Though it is also hard to knock the minimalism of apprentice pants and feathery vestments.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• @kajoken.1630 said:
    My Norn Necro wearing a combination of T1 and T2 cultural armor. I kinda like the cleavage xD

Never knew female Norns could get that ripped/buffed.

• @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@kajoken.1630 said:
    My Norn Necro wearing a combination of T1 and T2 cultural armor. I kinda like the cleavage xD

JESUS.... Why does your character have such a beautiful rippling body with more muscles in her ear then I have in my stomach....

Now that is a strong character lol

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

I prefer the classic Heritage set for my light "armor". Simple, yet elegant.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• My Elementalist. She uses some old school things still, but I enjoy her look.

• my elementalist <3

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

I really would appreciate to have some more male light armors that has more skin visible. Now only the females have this option. Except for a Neanderthal look but that's not something I like on my Elly.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Fengzhou.9853Fengzhou.9853 Member ✭✭✭

Out of the three armor types and being a Charr player, I am sure others feel the same as I do... not much really looks good on a Charr. I really wish that would change -.-; It's SO hard to dress my Charr characters in light armor that I often opt for outfits because at least some of those actually fit them properly.

• @Fengzhou.9853 said:
    Out of the three armor types and being a Charr player, I am sure others feel the same as I do... not much really looks good on a Charr. I really wish that would change -.-; It's SO hard to dress my Charr characters in light armor that I often opt for outfits because at least some of those actually fit them properly.

Aye, Charr light armor is very sad.

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2017

Finally completed the best look I can get with Light Armour.

While there's no pants, at least I got a non-buttcape and no panty-shot look going.

Looks like casual clothing and I think came out better than I thought.

I just wish I could wear a hat too, but none of those exist in the game that doesn't take off all my hair. Or, it doesn't look casual like that one hat in the gem store.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

these are my light armored classes

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Daedalus Palamaon.8934 said:

@kajoken.1630 said:

JESUS.... Why does your character have such a beautiful rippling body with more muscles in her ear then I have in my stomach....

Now that is a strong character lol

You can pick a ripped version, but it looks more "cut" because he's definitely using reshade to increase contrast. (You can tell the picture is grainy and darker).
    That's why the muscles look better defined than usual.