Does Anet even know Path of Corruption is bugged? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Does Anet even know Path of Corruption is bugged?

Darek.1836Darek.1836 Member ✭✭✭

It corrupts 4 condis instead of 2. It's literally insane on scourge right now. It's actually sooooooooo insanely broken I dont understand how this wasn't fixed within minutes.

Tagged:
<<1

Comments

  • Exedore.6320Exedore.6320 Member ✭✭✭

    Ben's on vacation, so probably no one reading PvP forums.

  • Kuya.6495Kuya.6495 Member ✭✭✭

    are they under-staffed or something?

  • Vertep.2498Vertep.2498 Member ✭✭

    nah, as for today they still dont see any threads about to op condis bursting better tha power and not touching scourge in last patch then they will notice bug on scourge maybe in next or after next pvp season

  • OlrunTheBlade.1486OlrunTheBlade.1486 Member ✭✭✭

    @TheDevice.2751 The main strength of the Scourge is the team fight potential, but your perception of it's dueling capabilities are hopelessly skewed. In duels, it beats Guardian, Warrior, Revenant, Ranger, Engineer, Thief, and Elementalist. Literally the only thing that should kill a Scourge 1v1 is a Mirage.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 13

    @OlrunTheBlade.1486 said:
    Literally the only thing that should kill a Scourge 1v1 is a Mirage.

    Or another Scourge.

    Although a LB Soulbeast (And problably a Deadeye) can easily pewpew a Scourge from 1500 range to death if there is no cover for him.

    Darkhaven Platinum Legend (Rank 3978) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 70) - 27,5k Achievment Points
    Calamis Fatima / Kawagima / Hanna Flintlocke / Bjarl of Souls
    Leader of Mërcenaries [Sold]

  • Drarnor Kunoram.5180Drarnor Kunoram.5180 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 13

    @Darek.1836 said:
    It corrupts 4 condis instead of 2. It's literally insane on scourge right now. It's actually sooooooooo insanely broken I dont understand how this wasn't fixed within minutes.

    "Fixed" may take longer than that, but it really should have been disabled that quickly.

    I'm saying this as a Necro main.

  • Griever.8150Griever.8150 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    Hey folks. We know about the bug and are working on it as I type this. I'll update this thread once I have more info.

    Hype.

  • Kadj.6725Kadj.6725 Member ✭✭

    There's a huge difference between a skill that abuses an oversight to render a player absolutely invincible and a skill that is just a little more powerful than intended.

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭

    @Kuya.6495 said:
    are they under-staffed or something?

    They have 1/3 more classes, so it's going to take that much longer to fix things.

    Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

  • Morwath.9817Morwath.9817 Member ✭✭

    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    I just got an update on this. The fix is going through testing and, assuming something doesn't go wrong, will be out in a hotfix late afternoon.

    Wooo-hoooo, Quaggan will be able to play once again! Thanks for saving Quaggans day Ben!

    "death by lag - it is your fate
    just relax, and meditate"

  • Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭

    Its good that the bug will be fixed but it still doesnt stop Scourge from being OP just makes it less insanely OP.

  • @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    I just got an update on this. The fix is going through testing and, assuming something doesn't go wrong, will be out in a hotfix late afternoon.

    Is there any chance of getting balance patches (even comparatively small balance patches) every month or so rather than having to suffer through imbalanced metas for six months at a time? I know that you claim to not want to upset the meta during a season, but small corrective measures to balance things makes the situation a lot better than allowing something oppressively overpowered to fester for six months, even before we visit the fact that Path of Fire disrupted the meta far more than any balance patch ever could.

    I know that this technically may not be the proper thread to bring this subject up, but threads on that subject never get any red responses, and a lot of players have been asking for an answer to this question for a long time.

  • Nos.9803Nos.9803 Member ✭✭

    @Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    I just got an update on this. The fix is going through testing and, assuming something doesn't go wrong, will be out in a hotfix late afternoon.

    Is there any chance of getting balance patches (even comparatively small balance patches) every month or so rather than having to suffer through imbalanced metas for six months at a time? I know that you claim to not want to upset the meta during a season, but small corrective measures to balance things makes the situation a lot better than allowing something oppressively overpowered to fester for six months, even before we visit the fact that Path of Fire disrupted the meta far more than any balance patch ever could.

    I know that this technically may not be the proper thread to bring this subject up, but threads on that subject never get any red responses, and a lot of players have been asking for an answer to this question for a long time.

    LUL

  • Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭

    @Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    I just got an update on this. The fix is going through testing and, assuming something doesn't go wrong, will be out in a hotfix late afternoon.

    Is there any chance of getting balance patches (even comparatively small balance patches) every month or so rather than having to suffer through imbalanced metas for six months at a time? I know that you claim to not want to upset the meta during a season, but small corrective measures to balance things makes the situation a lot better than allowing something oppressively overpowered to fester for six months, even before we visit the fact that Path of Fire disrupted the meta far more than any balance patch ever could.

    I know that this technically may not be the proper thread to bring this subject up, but threads on that subject never get any red responses, and a lot of players have been asking for an answer to this question for a long time.

    Negative.

    Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭

    Personally I love fighting scourges (and spellbreakers). Its a challenge and its a good opportunity to sharpen my skills. I love a challenge :)

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/mc_celestia
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    Hey folks. We know about the bug and are working on it as I type this. I'll update this thread once I have more info.

    Unrelated to PvP are you guys also going to fix mesmer Axe ambush hitting targets twice?

  • Rufo.3716Rufo.3716 Member ✭✭

    Funny how the only people I see complaining about Scourge are bad players. Maybe it's because the good players know their weakness and know how to kill them. Everybody complains about Scourge when you have CC rendering your character useless while you melt without being able to fight back. Just goes to show what level these complainers about Scourge are on. Nobody is good enough to use CC in their games or they would be complaining non stop about that.

  • Reaper Alim.4176Reaper Alim.4176 Member ✭✭✭

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Rufo.3716 said:
    Funny how the only people I see complaining about Scourge are bad players. Maybe it's because the good players know their weakness and know how to kill them. Everybody complains about Scourge when you have CC rendering your character useless while you melt without being able to fight back. Just goes to show what level these complainers about Scourge are on. Nobody is good enough to use CC in their games or they would be complaining non stop about that.

    Funny how the only players saying scourge is bad have green forum avatars :trollface:

    INB4 infraction. https://imgur.com/51rc6OM

  • Rufo.3716Rufo.3716 Member ✭✭

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Rufo.3716 said:
    Funny how the only people I see complaining about Scourge are bad players. Maybe it's because the good players know their weakness and know how to kill them. Everybody complains about Scourge when you have CC rendering your character useless while you melt without being able to fight back. Just goes to show what level these complainers about Scourge are on. Nobody is good enough to use CC in their games or they would be complaining non stop about that.

    Funny how the only players saying scourge is bad have green forum avatars :trollface:

    Hey I like my green forum avatar! Never said scourge was bad, just pointing out an observation. My alt noob f2p account in silver, all I hear is complaints about scourge, when you get to gold/plat, don't hear the complaints flowing as much. It's mostly about how much CC there is and melting without being able to fight back cuz you blew through all your stun breaks and still are getting chain CC'ed. But I'm just a random noob and I've gone slightly off topic here, what do I know.

  • Saiyan.1704Saiyan.1704 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 13

    @OlrunTheBlade.1486 said:
    TheDevice.2751 The main strength of the Scourge is the team fight potential, but your perception of it's dueling capabilities are hopelessly skewed. In duels, it beats Guardian, Warrior, Revenant, Ranger, Engineer, Thief, and Elementalist. Literally the only thing that should kill a Scourge 1v1 is a Mirage.

    Your scourge today at AT really did do well. Can I 1v1 it as core dps gerdien?

  • Darknicrofia.2604Darknicrofia.2604 Member ✭✭✭

    Has this been fixed yet?

  • MethaneGas.8357MethaneGas.8357 Member ✭✭
    edited November 14

    Scourge is like the weakest spec right now. Come on guys -_-

    *sets bait *
    *waits *

  • @Darknicrofia.2604 said:
    Has this been fixed yet?

    Not yet. We're still targeting tonight though.

    Ben Phongluangtham
    Game Designer

  • Kahrgan.7401Kahrgan.7401 Member ✭✭

    @Crinn.7864 said:

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Rufo.3716 said:
    Funny how the only people I see complaining about Scourge are bad players. Maybe it's because the good players know their weakness and know how to kill them. Everybody complains about Scourge when you have CC rendering your character useless while you melt without being able to fight back. Just goes to show what level these complainers about Scourge are on. Nobody is good enough to use CC in their games or they would be complaining non stop about that.

    Funny how the only players saying scourge is bad have green forum avatars :trollface:

    tbh as a necro main, I would not mourn if Scourge was taken out and shot. It's a polarized build that's only use is a cheesy damage gimmick. Scourge has no interesting tools, or combos to play with, it's just spam deeps until things are dead.

    I can never understand how the same dev crew that came up with the beautifully designed Holosmith and Weaver, also are the same ones that made the uninspiring gimmicks of Scourge and Deadeye.

    It's because the developer that designed it is bad at his job. Lets look at the history here, and the entire demise of any semblance of balance. Reaper buffs were a step in the right direction, but there are so many things that need reworking, why waste our breath or time anymore. Hopefully the declining gem sales, and declining expansion sales (from less population) will make them wake up, restructure, and get rid of, or shift the dead weight.

  • Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭

    @Reaper Alim.4176 said:

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Rufo.3716 said:
    Funny how the only people I see complaining about Scourge are bad players. Maybe it's because the good players know their weakness and know how to kill them. Everybody complains about Scourge when you have CC rendering your character useless while you melt without being able to fight back. Just goes to show what level these complainers about Scourge are on. Nobody is good enough to use CC in their games or they would be complaining non stop about that.

    Funny how the only players saying scourge is bad have green forum avatars :trollface:

    INB4 infraction. https://imgur.com/51rc6OM

    Those keybinds almost made me kill myself

    Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

  • @Razor.6392 said:

    @Reaper Alim.4176 said:

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Rufo.3716 said:
    Funny how the only people I see complaining about Scourge are bad players. Maybe it's because the good players know their weakness and know how to kill them. Everybody complains about Scourge when you have CC rendering your character useless while you melt without being able to fight back. Just goes to show what level these complainers about Scourge are on. Nobody is good enough to use CC in their games or they would be complaining non stop about that.

    Funny how the only players saying scourge is bad have green forum avatars :trollface:

    INB4 infraction. https://imgur.com/51rc6OM

    Those keybinds almost made me kill myself

    Might work if they have f1-f5 set to mouse keys as well or something.

  • Reaper Alim.4176Reaper Alim.4176 Member ✭✭✭

    @Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

    @Razor.6392 said:

    @Reaper Alim.4176 said:

    @Chaith.8256 said:

    @Rufo.3716 said:
    Funny how the only people I see complaining about Scourge are bad players. Maybe it's because the good players know their weakness and know how to kill them. Everybody complains about Scourge when you have CC rendering your character useless while you melt without being able to fight back. Just goes to show what level these complainers about Scourge are on. Nobody is good enough to use CC in their games or they would be complaining non stop about that.

    Funny how the only players saying scourge is bad have green forum avatars :trollface:

    INB4 infraction. https://imgur.com/51rc6OM

    Those keybinds almost made me kill myself

    Might work if they have f1-f5 set to mouse keys as well or something.

    Yeah 23 button MMO gaming mouse = GG

  • witcher.3197witcher.3197 Member ✭✭✭

    Is it just me or the difference in strength can barely be felt between pre and post fix? I mean scourge is still broken AF.

  • Jackalrat.5493Jackalrat.5493 Member ✭✭✭

    @witcher.3197 said:
    Is it just me or the difference in strength can barely be felt between pre and post fix? I mean scourge is still broken AF.

    Wait, did they fix it? Cause, yeah, Scourges are still every bit as crazy...

  • Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭

    Obviously Scourge is still OP, did you think it was just the trait that made them strong? :D

    Falásya / Caissech

  • witcher.3197witcher.3197 Member ✭✭✭

    @Falan.1839 said:
    Obviously Scourge is still OP, did you think it was just the trait that made them strong? :D

    No, but I was hoping this'd make the game somewhat playable :<

  • Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

    @Unholy Pillager.3791 said:
    Is there any chance of getting balance patches (even comparatively small balance patches) every month or so ...

    Sure, monthly nerfs for the scrouge! Yay! :# :/

    Praise Joko!

  • Ithilwen.1529Ithilwen.1529 Member ✭✭✭

    @Razor.6392 said:
    Disabling a trait / skill is hard guys.

    Except when it's on ele, it's fine then.

    Or Mesmer. ANET has demonstrated it can nerf/change a trait in under 45 minutes.

    Mesmerizing Girl

  • Unholy Pillager.3791Unholy Pillager.3791 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 14

    @Ithilwen.1529 said:

    @Razor.6392 said:
    Disabling a trait / skill is hard guys.

    Except when it's on ele, it's fine then.

    Or Mesmer. ANET has demonstrated it can nerf/change a trait in under 45 minutes.

    Yes, yes, or ranger with HaO boonshare. We all know that they do some nerfs/bugfixes pretty much instantly. You can all stop trying to claim that your profession is particularly oppressed. We know which professions have it rough (and right now, mesmer is most definitely not one of them).

<<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.