[BUG] Visual Glitch: Bullet Flares [merged] - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[BUG] Visual Glitch: Bullet Flares [merged]

2>>

Comments

• Rabe.2456Rabe.2456 Member

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    That is bizarre. (Just to be clear, you're pointing out the "explosion" visuals, yes?)

Have you posted in Bugs? I am sure someone would want to take a look.

I have not reported it as a bug yet, but feel free to move the topic to the Bugs-section ^^

• edited November 12

This is now three threads merged.

One question: Are you seeing this only in WvW, or are you seeing it elsewhere, in other game modes? If in other modes, could you describe?

Thanks so much!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭

I just got killed in PvP, returned to map and it looks like my char is going mental now:

:o

Maybe now that you are finished with this nonsense, you can come back to Ascalon and help deal with the filthy Charr infestation.

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• edited November 12

Oh, no! That's awful. It's like the bullet flares are symbols of Grenth taunting you! :dizzy:

Seriously, though, thanks for the video clip -- it'll help!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 12

Welcome. :-) It has been going on for a few weeks now tho. Got it many times in WvW. The effect of someone emptying a machine gun in my general direction.

Maybe now that you are finished with this nonsense, you can come back to Ascalon and help deal with the filthy Charr infestation.

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• It is the effects of a distant battle. In WvW its possible to "see" where a battle is going on by these. Their direction is correct but they are way too close. So, if everyone was fighting to the north east, then these would appear on the nearest surface to my north east.

• maybe is these the reson why the server have latency issues?

• Erulogos.2591Erulogos.2591 Member ✭✭✭

I have seen this bug on and off since before Halloween. So far, I am not certain of the cause, but it seems to be a lot more likely when there is an event with a lot of people in combat, and you are not at said event (i.e. in AB when the Tarir meta fight is going down, or Sparkfly running back to Teq after dying.) The explosions move based on where my camera is pointed, I can sit still and they stay in the same are, pan slowly and they will move.

• Ceridwen.6703Ceridwen.6703 Member ✭✭
    edited November 14

Just diving back in to say I'm only playing PvE open world content, and saw this in Dragon's Stand (could't continue event chain as a result!), and even in Brisbane Wildlands, Silverwastes, Divinity's Reach. My little asura Oofii felt persecuted! I shall log in today, and if it's still occurring, I'll try to take some screenshots for posting.

@Erulogos.2591 said:
    I have seen this bug on and off since before Halloween. So far, I am not certain of the cause, but it seems to be a lot more likely when there is an event with a lot of people in combat, and you are not at said event (i.e. in AB when the Tarir meta fight is going down, or Sparkfly running back to Teq after dying.) The explosions move based on where my camera is pointed, I can sit still and they stay in the same are, pan slowly and they will move.

This makes a fair bit of sense.

EDIT: one day later. Yesterday, I logged in and only played on PvE maps. I have no instances of this bug occurring, and other players were definitely fighting things around me. Did not do anything "big" like Dragon's Stand, however.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Steve R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 14

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

One question: Are you seeing this only in WvW, or are you seeing it elsewhere, in other game modes? If in other modes, could you describe?

Thanks so much!

The place where I see it the most is on the wooden structure where the Tailor, Jeweler, and Artificer stations are in Claypool in Queensdale. This is my home base so I spend a lot of time there when emptying bags and crafting and It happens pretty much every days since halloween patch.
    Sadly today I didn't manage to see it happen there because I didn't spend much time in Queensdale at all. But I did see it in WvW while waiting for the veteran warg. So it seems that repairing my Data wasn't the fix for it.

I recorded it

Finally had it happen in Queensdale again yesterday

• It seems to happen everytime there is a fight elsewere on a map, so it's no surprise that it's WvW to be most affected by the issue.

• @Engelsstaub.4356 said:
    It seems to happen everytime there is a fight elsewere on a map, so it's no surprise that it's WvW to be most affected by the issue.

Yeah it seems like the server is misreporting the locations of some hit effects to the clients. Really it shouldn't even be reporting these if the enemy is far away.. I have a few hunches, but can anyone confirm if this appears to be a purely client issue? If two players are in the same area, do they see the exact same hit FX in the same location? Or are they different?

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭

Each time it seems to start in WvW but have seen it pass over into PvE after its started. Have had guildmates likewise see the effect but not sure if we are seeing each others or our own. Will need to try and narrow that down when in WvW tonight. Been going on for a few weeks. If you move it follows you and seems to hit objects at varying distance. Have seen it jump from a wall and on turning hit a distant cliff.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/CU/AoC

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 13

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@Engelsstaub.4356 said:
    It seems to happen everytime there is a fight elsewere on a map, so it's no surprise that it's WvW to be most affected by the issue.

Yeah it seems like the server is misreporting the locations of some hit effects to the clients. Really it shouldn't even be reporting these if the enemy is far away.. I have a few hunches, but can anyone confirm if this appears to be a purely client issue? If two players are in the same area, do they see the exact same hit FX in the same location? Or are they different?

Due to the effect always being at "arms reach" sort of speak, always at a singular point and moving with you, I think its a pure client issue . The effects firing may be the same but you wont see anything other than whats being sent to your client. Otherwise we would be constantly surrounded by this as other players move past with "their" attached effects. It would be glorious, but still. Thats not what we are seeing.

• Madara.7435Madara.7435 Member ✭✭

I saw this in WvW and in Frostgorge Sound.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 13

@Engelsstaub.4356 said:

It happens everywhere, all the time...even if no one is anywhere around. Go 30 minutes guarding a tower, with no one stopping by ever...it happens non-stop the entire time and in some places moves on the ground or walls with you as you run. Even on dead maps with no action it happens. The effect varies. Sometimes it's bullets, sometimes it looks like a mouth bite (a necro effect), other various flashes. It is really annoying, most of us thought it was a Halloween prank by you guys.

Is this the appropriate time to once again ask for an option to "turn off other players effects"? We have been asking for 5 years, and this option is in every other game for about 15 years.

Carnished Toast (YUM)
    Lost in the Maguuma (TC)

• MasterYoda.8563MasterYoda.8563 Member ✭✭
    edited November 14

This has been going on in WvW since the Halloween patch, I mainly notice it running around inside SMC

• BrownieC.4926BrownieC.4926 Member
    edited November 14

I've also been experiencing the same random explosions bug and I only play PvE. They seem to follow my camera movement. Happened to me 2 days ago in the Lake Doric JP.
    There's also definitely 2 spots in the Sunken Droknar area of Mount Maelstrom that triggers the same Mesmer attack for me every time I glide over the 2 dwarven rooftops with my Skimmer, guaranteed.
    https://imgur.com/LstZU5A

*Edit: I dunno how the hell to get the kitten pic to show up here instead of a link. Sorry.

• Esterie.7409Esterie.7409 Member ✭✭

I've noticed those "explosions" for a few weeks now. Usually they only last a few seconds, so by the time I start recording they've stopped. But the other day, the 9th, they lasted for quite a while and I was able to record them. This is at the rich iron node west of Oldgate Waypoint in Diessa Plateua:

I've only noticed this in PvE, but I don't do much WvW at all so I can't speak for that.

Main Characters:
    Neyrilla - Sylvari Reaper | Cornelius Whitepaw - Charr Firebrand | Hèathèr - Norn Druid | Aria Spiritblade - Charr Renegade

• Undertow.2389Undertow.2389 Member ✭✭

Happens to me on PVE maps.

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah i've been noticing this for the last couple weeks at least. It's annoying since it's accompanied by sound effects.
    Yesterday i had those going and didn't realize there was also a player chasing me from behind because i dismissed the sound of him trying to attack me as part of the glitches.

• Llethander.3972Llethander.3972 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 14

I've been seeing this all over the place. It was going on Draconis Mons while a couple guildies and I were making our way through the jumping puzzle. I've been noticing it a lot lately.

Edit: And to answer @Benjamin Arnold.3457, the guildies I was doing the JP with also commented on seeing the bullet impact effects. They were on one of the walls for us.

• Happened to me again this morning in Dragon's Stand

And I've learned the Mesmer "attacks" that I discovered at the 2 spots in Sunken Droknar are also triggered in other spots as well.

• Nep Leet.5491Nep Leet.5491 Member ✭✭
    edited November 14

I pestered a friend of mine in WvW last night about this, asking him what in the heck this was. His answer made sense!: Whenever there are people in combat nearby-ish, the IMPACT effects are showing up at your location. So next time it happened, I watched the effects. Yup, has to be that. It included not just normal impact hits but also necro impact hit effects, for instance (including their specific sound effects). In the direction I was facing, watching these impact hits on our Keep wall, well into the distance (30k+ units) a battle was going on. Was kind of odd, like watching a movie of just the special effects of a distant battle. xD

This is the best explanation for this bug I've seen in this thread so far:

@chronometria.3708 said:
    It is the effects of a distant battle. In WvW its possible to "see" where a battle is going on by these. Their direction is correct but they are way too close. So, if everyone was fighting to the north east, then these would appear on the nearest surface to my north east.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭

I've been seeing this everywhere but honestly thought it was apart of the Halloween thingy or a precursor to the next living story

Worst player NA. Try not to die to me.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 15

@Llethander.3972 said:
    Edit: And to answer @Benjamin Arnold.3457, the guildies I was doing the JP with also commented on seeing the bullet impact effects. They were on one of the walls for us.

The question was whether its the same effect in the same location, ie an effect transmitted server->all clients equally. I still dont think it is. Other people see it all the time buts its clientside, given away by the fact the effect move with your character and you only ever see it at one location even if others see the effect where they are.

Otherwise you need to verify that two people thats not standing in the same place are seeing the exact same sequence of effects at the exact same place, preferably verified by even more players.

• Jasmine.8195Jasmine.8195 Member ✭✭

Thank you for the video on this, I've seen this on many occasions as well (PvE and WvW)

• Titan.3472Titan.3472 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 17

Seen in wvw maps and also sometimes got hit by a GS phantasmal berzerker (in pvp & wvw) (i suppose as i get cripple then and it sounds like metal sword hit) out of nowhere : like some attacks animations missing a max range attribute or smtg...

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭

I’ve noticed these flares in various pve maps. It seems to be any structure taking damage has its visual ‘damage spot’ effect in a non fixed spot now. I notice it the most during Tarir Meta event when there’s 4 structures (the octovines).

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

• I see this a lot. Bullet flares firing everywhere I go.

When i move the camera, the bullet flares move. They seem to move in conjunction with the camera, if that helps at all.

• Yeah lot of fun while doing roleplay to have those skillspams every time in a building. We dont need troll players anymore...now the game just trolls us and disturbs our roleplay...

• StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭

@BrownieC.4926 said:
    I've also been experiencing the same random explosions bug and I only play PvE. They seem to follow my camera movement. Happened to me 2 days ago in the Lake Doric JP.
    There's also definitely 2 spots in the Sunken Droknar area of Mount Maelstrom that triggers the same Mesmer attack for me every time I glide over the 2 dwarven rooftops with my Skimmer, guaranteed.

*Edit: I dunno how the hell to get the kitten pic to show up here instead of a link. Sorry.

Just to note, you need to get the address to the actual image (.com/blah.jpg) and not just the imgur page it is displayed on. One way is, while on the imgur page, right-click the picture and click 'Copy Image Location' to copy the address to the image itself. Then come here and edit your post, click the [sun and mountain] icon on the far right of the toolbar to insert an image and paste the link into that popup.

becomes
    https://i.imgur.com/LstZU5A.jpg
    But notice it needs to be inserted into your post via the IMG insert button to tag it for displaying.

Darker Gray&Red Forum Theme - [ Pics - CSS ] - (Frequently Updated)

| “I’d really like this…” — Gifting Strangers |               | Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs | (also 1st Try Dive Tips)

• Miss Lana.5276Miss Lana.5276 Member ✭✭✭

@BrownieC.4926 said:

I always encounter the effects on the rock wall there, too. I rarely venture into WvW, but I recognised the effects from there.

I've happily sunk thousands of dollars into this game.
    I refuse to support a company that won't listen to complaints and that advertises gambling to children.
    PoF is my FINAL purchase.

The reason lootboxes exist is because people are stupid enough to buy them

• I just wanna add the number. This also happens to me. Hope there' s a fix coming soon.

• I have noticed this for a LONG time, mostly in WvW, and it's not rare, it seems to be going on almost all the time. I thought it was just some anomaly when it started, but now it's getting pretty annoying. I can't believe the DEVs cannot see/recreate this, it's so prevalent in WvW. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭
    edited November 22

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Thanks so much!

This glitch is causing problems for those who have sensitivities to flashing lights - this could cause serious issues for seizure patients who_ do _play the game.

All game modes are being affected.

My headaches from the flashing are nothing compared to what could happen.

• Sol.6213Sol.6213 Member ✭✭
    edited November 22

@Engelsstaub.4356 said:

I have seen this in WvW and PvE content.
    My buddy and I duo all the time and we see the effects at the same time and in the same general direction assuming are cameras are generally pointing the same way.
    Let me repeat; We BOTH see them in the same general location at the same time.

This bug has been going on since the Halloween patch and it's driving me crazy. I've probably played about 75% less than normal since this started.

• Miss Lana.5276Miss Lana.5276 Member ✭✭✭

Had yet some more of these when I was mapping in Sparkfly Fen earlier today. It was happening around the Chokevine Gorge/Shattercleft Hills area.

I've happily sunk thousands of dollars into this game.
    I refuse to support a company that won't listen to complaints and that advertises gambling to children.
    PoF is my FINAL purchase.

The reason lootboxes exist is because people are stupid enough to buy them

2>>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.