Game Crash & Disconnection Issues [merged]

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This started around the Halloween update (maybe a bit earlier, it's hard to remember exactly) and has been an unrelenting pain ever since. The game will freeze up out of nowhere, stay frozen for a good couple of minutes, then disconnect me. I have lost a ton of progress thanks to this (mostly in fractals, but also story missions and when soloing in the open world). At first I assumed the GW2 servers were having some temporary difficulties due to an update, so I tried being patient and waiting for the issue to be resolved. But at this point it has been weeks, and the issue has not abated whatsoever. I am crashing at least once every couple of hours (more like once every 30 minutes in fractals), and it is completely killing my desire to play the game. What the heck is going on?!

Having this problem as well and only recently got POF (which is when the issue started to appear) game will 'hang' then everything will all jump at once suddenly for 2 -3 mins before the whole thing starts again.

Eventually this leads to a disconnect with a 7: 11: 3 error, because of this I am unable to do living story, events or anything in instances.

Pingzapper seems to have fixed the dreaded 101 disconnect for me. It isn't going to be the solution for everyone as it isn't a freeware program, but after two days of playing using it, I haven't had any disconnects. My disconnects usually occurred during cut scenes inside story chapters. I have been playing through again and letting them play through without cutting them short and no further disconnects. I wanted to share because this is the most frustrating experience I have ever had with an on-line game, especially since Anet is content to ignore the problem. Anyway, I hope it helps someone. If the problem returns I will come back and provide an update.

@turnkey.2196 said:Pingzapper seems to have fixed the dreaded 101 disconnect for me. It isn't going to be the solution for everyone as it isn't a freeware program, but after two days of playing using it, I haven't had any disconnects. My disconnects usually occurred during cut scenes inside story chapters. I have been playing through again and letting them play through without cutting them short and no further disconnects. I wanted to share because this is the most frustrating experience I have ever had with an on-line game, especially since Anet is content to ignore the problem. Anyway, I hope it helps someone. If the problem returns I will come back and provide an update.

Anet is not content to ignore the problem.

You used a 3rd party program to fix your connection problem. Its not their connection problem, they can only assist you in identifying the problem if you submit a support ticket. We as players connect to Anet, our ISP controls the path the connection takes to get to the server. The problem everyone is having is with the nodes between your computer and Anet, this is our problem. Until people start realizing this and take the right steps to identify the problem and fix it, the problems will continue. Download and run pingplotter, it will show you exactly where the problem is. Then take the pingplotter information and contact your ISP. You may have to go through multiple tiers of tech support but they are the only ones that can fix it. There are many reason why a node maybe having issues, power outages, equipment damage, high usage or maybe they just have a crappy infrastructure. People like yourself have found VPN's and other 3rd party software that adjusts your routing to avoid the problem area, it may work for some people others it may not.A network problem with Anet would affect every single player not just some. They are very fast at fixing and addressing that when it happens.

@Gator.5729 said:

@turnkey.2196 said:Pingzapper seems to have fixed the dreaded 101 disconnect for me. It isn't going to be the solution for everyone as it isn't a freeware program, but after two days of playing using it, I haven't had any disconnects. My disconnects usually occurred during cut scenes inside story chapters. I have been playing through again and letting them play through without cutting them short and no further disconnects. I wanted to share because this is the most frustrating experience I have ever had with an on-line game, especially since Anet is content to ignore the problem. Anyway, I hope it helps someone. If the problem returns I will come back and provide an update.

Anet is not content to ignore the problem.

You used a 3rd party program to fix your connection problem. Its not their connection problem, they can only assist you in identifying the problem if you submit a support ticket. We as players connect to Anet, our ISP controls the path the connection takes to get to the server. The problem everyone is having is with the nodes between your computer and Anet, this is our problem. Until people start realizing this and take the right steps to identify the problem and fix it, the problems will continue. Download and run pingplotter, it will show you exactly where the problem is. Then take the pingplotter information and contact your ISP. You may have to go through multiple tiers of tech support but they are the only ones that can fix it. There are many reason why a node maybe having issues, power outages, equipment damage, high usage or maybe they just have a crappy infrastructure. People like yourself have found VPN's and other 3rd party software that adjusts your routing to avoid the problem area, it may work for some people others it may not.A network problem with Anet would affect every single player not just some. They are very fast at fixing and addressing that when it happens.

Anyway, look into Pingzapper and third party programs like that for a solution. Because, quite frankly, as can be seen by the lack of input from Anet on these topics, they aren't helping. You can find evidence of this problem stretching back years. A million dollar company should be able to stretch it's resources farther than their player base to find out why they are the one on-line game constantly and consistently disconnecting so many of their players from so many ranging locations.

I don't want to argue the point with anyone, or discuss how I spent many weeks back and forth last year with Anet trying to get help; I just want to help those who want to enjoy the game without being disconnected.

Perhaps gator is on to something, contact your ISP and see what they say. Please post your results here for the benefit of all.

It's highly annoying, you know your gaming experience is going to suck the moment you log on. There constant glitching no matter which map you're on and then the freeze of death. Not only does the game not disable correctly but it dominates the window, I've had to restart the computer every time this happens. But since it's not my system, trust me I've checked. It even happens after start up and according to System Manager nothing else is running even in the processes it's in normal state, so the computer is doing nothing else. Part of the problem is the 32 bit client which failed again after the last patch. I have to reload the client every so many months as it fails to connect after so many updates.

My disconnect problem only started with PoF and only happens during the cinematic of the LW story instances. It's frustrating because I've had to repeat the entire instance again. Very frustrating when it happens on the last one in the instance. I play a number of other games and do not disconnect so I don't think it's on my side, especially since the DC's are happening at during the cinematics and not in open world.

Hmmm...I am unsure if it's Windows 10 Fall Creators Update or if it's the game itself. I've had the game freeze on me 3 times now and I had to manually restart it.If you have updated to Fall Creators Update, then that might be the issue...considering that many other people are having the same problem with this W10 update.

No solution so far for this issue? in my case, it happens to me everytime I'm playing story mode. So it is really frustrating to waste 40 minutes playing an instance and then get DC and lose all your progress. I cannot understand how there is no reconnect option since I can just login instantly after the dc but lose all my progress. This is ruining my game experience.

same after the same story instance.. but outside of this instance i dont have any problems. i cant finish my PoF story due to that...

So ive fixed my story disconnect guys. Ive done the following things.. unluckily ive done them both at the same time so im not 100% sure which actually fixed it.

1. Ive removed the game and downloaded+installed it again ( on an ssd not on my hdd)
  2. Ive changed my Ip-Adress from dynamic to a static one.

I'm also getting freezes. Started about a week ago. PC lets me cont-alt-del and sign out and back again. I checked the 2 boxes in the compatibility tab of the Gw2.exe properties (disable fullscreen optimizations and override high dpi scaling). I also disabled windows 10 game bar, game dvr and game mode. disabled game mode in registry. After doing all that tonight I got another frozen screen. PC doesn't even log any event critical or otherwise and gw2 doesn't give its crash dialog box for sending info to anet. My GeForce drivers are current. I have an intel i7 2600k, 2 gtx 660's sli and 8gb ddr3 ram.

Dear gamers, let's go about it a bit more analytically and compare notes!

If the usual "Did you try turning iff off and on again?" (on any piece of hardware and software related to your internet connection that is accessible to you) did not work (and the arenanet servers are not generally down):

First, have a look at this link:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863018-H%C3%A4ufige-Fehler-Codesand see if your error code is maybe already listed there.

Then check out this link:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862998do what the call the "Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic" or "Traceroute Instructions",and have a look at the log that is created.

For connectivity issues, the part called "Tracing network paths" might be the most interesting, but your problem may also well be at another point.

If it is the "Tracing network paths", the diagnostics routine effectively executes a pathping (see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc958876.aspx for documentation; you can also yourself enter the command "pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 206.127.158.1" in the Windows command prompt and check out your connectivity to other websites etc), the output should look something like this for a working connection:

==============================================================================        = Tracing network paths (about 10 mins)        ==============================================================================        *--> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 206.127.158.1 <--*        Tracing route to 206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]        over a maximum of 30 hops:          0  XXX.fritz.box [192.168.178.26]           1  fritz.box [192.168.178.1]           2  loopback1.92.brun.0001-02.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.52.200.220]           3  ae17-0.0001.dbrx.01.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.53.12.4]           4  ae1-0.0001.corx.01.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.53.0.66]           5     *     bundle-ether15.0002.dbrx.02.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.53.26.0]           6  ae8-0.0001.prrx.13.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.53.2.59]           7  ge3-0.BR1.FFT2.alter.net [80.81.192.1]           8  so-1-2-2.XT2.FFT3.ALTER.NET [149.227.30.61]           9  et-10-0-0.GW8.FFT4.ALTER.NET [140.222.232.215]          10  213.71.135.138          11  206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]          12  206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]         Computing statistics for 150 seconds...                    Source to Here   This Node/Link        Hop  RTT    Lost/Sent = Pct  Lost/Sent = Pct  Address          0                                           XXX.fritz.box [192.168.178.26]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          1   10ms     0/  50 =  0%     0/  50 =  0%  fritz.box [192.168.178.1]                                         2/  50 =  4%   |          2   29ms     7/  50 = 14%     5/  50 = 10%  loopback1.92.brun.0001-02.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.52.200.220]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          3   30ms     5/  50 = 10%     3/  50 =  6%  ae17-0.0001.dbrx.01.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.53.12.4]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          4  ---      50/  50 =100%    48/  50 = 96%  ae1-0.0001.corx.01.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.53.0.66]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          5   29ms     2/  50 =  4%     0/  50 =  0%  bundle-ether15.0002.dbrx.02.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.53.26.0]                                         2/  50 =  4%   |          6   30ms     4/  50 =  8%     0/  50 =  0%  ae8-0.0001.prrx.13.fra.de.net.telefonica.de [62.53.2.59]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          7  ---      50/  50 =100%    46/  50 = 92%  ge3-0.BR1.FFT2.alter.net [80.81.192.1]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          8   31ms     4/  50 =  8%     0/  50 =  0%  so-1-2-2.XT2.FFT3.ALTER.NET [149.227.30.61]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          9  ---      50/  50 =100%    46/  50 = 92%  et-10-0-0.GW8.FFT4.ALTER.NET [140.222.232.215]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |         10   33ms     4/  50 =  8%     0/  50 =  0%  213.71.135.138                                         3/  50 =  6%   |         11  ---      50/  50 =100%    43/  50 = 86%  206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |         12   32ms     7/  50 = 14%     0/  50 =  0%  206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]         Trace complete.

while this one gets stuck at some vodafone node (188.111.189.204):

= Tracing network paths (about 10 mins)        ==============================================================================        *--> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 206.127.158.1 <--*        Routenverfolgung zu "206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com" [206.127.158.1]        ber maximal 30 Hops:          0  XXX.local [192.168.2.100]           1  easy.box.local [192.168.2.1]           2  dslb-178-008-232-001.178.008.pools.vodafone-ip.de [178.8.232.1]           3  188.111.189.204           4     *        *        *             Berechnung der Statistiken dauert ca. 37 Sekunden...                    Quelle zum Abs.  Knoten/Verbindung        Abs. Zeit   Verl./Ges.=   %  Verl./Ges.=   %  Adresse          0                                           XXX.local [192.168.2.100]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          1    1ms     0/  50 =  0%     0/  50 =  0%  easy.box.local [192.168.2.1]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          2   14ms     0/  50 =  0%     0/  50 =  0%  dslb-178-008-232-001.178.008.pools.vodafone-ip.de [178.8.232.1]                                         0/  50 =  0%   |          3   15ms     0/  50 =  0%     0/  50 =  0%  188.111.189.204         Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

Oh God, I thought I was the only one experiencing this.

I started getting this issue about one to two weeks ago and for the past few days, the crashes are so bad that the game would crash immediately or a few seconds upon entering into the game map.

It had also progressed from the game crashing to windows to now crashing the whole system and I had to do a hard reset of my pc each time.

I'm using windows 10 with automatic updates enabled as well so I'm not sure if all of us are having similar issues with the same root causes.