Female Norn stomach seam

It has been four years since bakunyu.4532 started a dicussion to get this issue fixed.I think it was not recognized by the devs, so I'm starting it again:

I can confirm the seam still persits with all my female Norn toons with any clothing that reveals midriff and it still annoys me a great deal.Could someone please have a look at this and please at least tell me if it's not fixable?

bakunyu.4532Hello,I’ve noticed since the Jan 28th update my Norn female characters now have very visible texture seams at the waist. At first I thought it was only with the T3 pants but I’ve checked others > (such as the Gladiator set) and I see the seam in all of them. It’s very noticeable at the back of the toons, looks like a big scar.I’m pretty sure this wasn’t the case before update?See attached image for reference.

k06XJxb.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Nice catches.

Went hunting - turns out that either there's a common shadow to pants that go below the waist, or the models are not just models of clothes, but also models of legs.

The pictures might be a bit hard to read; Rae's complexion is on the darker side:

Default, front

! 4l1XzS8.jpg

Default, back

! cLAXECn.jpg

Stag, front

! LsV04kC.jpg

Stag, back

! KeXHxvw.jpg

As for the I'd-kill-for-her-legs hypothesis, here's a bonus meme:

! jKxjjYX.jpgYou can literally see the green letters of Kito's name through Rae's waist.

I recall hearing somewhere that the clothes in this game do a lot to work with the bodies underneath them, and it seems like they, indeed, do.

@Fueki.4753 said:This has been in the game since release.This isn't exclusive to Norn either.

You can also see this on humans using Embroidered Pants together with the Sorcerer's Coat (T3 human cultural light armour).I don't see it when using the Pit Fighter Chestguard and Skirt though.

Weird, I don't see a seam with that armour combination on human? Maybe different body type?

I see it with every combination involving embroidered pants on norn though, and even using winged chest + winged leggings on a norn causes a seam and that's not even mix&matching armour sets.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Just curious: is this related to the armor worn? Because I can't notice nor ever have noticed this on my single female norn character.

It's possible it doesn't happen for all armour sets but the waist needs to be showing. The seam is a little below the bellybutton, so any leggings that start just under the bellybutton won't show it, they have to start lower for the seam to be showing.

And yeah, stag legs definitely have the same problem. It won't appear if your character is naked, but the moment you put chest armour on or one of the leg armours that show off the waist the seam reappears.

@Drakonhammer.2148 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Just curious: is this related to the armor worn? Because I can't notice nor ever have noticed this on my single female norn character.It's possible it doesn't happen for all armour sets but the waist needs to be showing. The seam is a little below the bellybutton, so any leggings that start just under the bellybutton won't show it, they have to start lower for the seam to be showing.

Well, I'm glad that none of the armor sets I have chosen seems to have the issue, though one of them is below the waist (and I've had used several other armor skins before, but never seen a steam):

nNNCMmT.jpg

Perhaps it is related to the graphics settings?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Just curious: is this related to the armor worn? Because I can't notice nor ever have noticed this on my single female norn character.It's possible it doesn't happen for all armour sets but the waist needs to be showing. The seam is a little below the bellybutton, so any leggings that start just under the bellybutton won't show it, they have to start lower for the seam to be showing.

Well, I'm glad that none of the armor sets I have chosen seems to have the issue, though one of them is below the waist (and I've had used several other armor skins before, but never seen a steam):

nNNCMmT.jpg

Perhaps it is related to the graphics settings?

That's the Jora outfit and T2 norn heavy chest/leg armour right?

If that armour set on the right is the only one you use below the waist then that wouldn't show a seam for me either, the belt line there is exactly where the seam begins on other armours, hence it covers it up. It's the same if I use that or the other norn cultural armours (where the same amount of midriff is showing), the seam isn't visible. If I use T1 or T2 norn light armour I can't see the seam, same goes for T2 medium. The moment I swap in say winged pants on light or say use norn T3 heavy pants + for example gladiator chest armour on a heavy armour character, the seam shows up. No difference between graphics settings as far as I've noticed (I sometimes turn graphics down from max to min for zergs and it's still there).

Outfits don't seem to cause problems at all as far as I have seen, I don't remember ever seeing one with a seam, but I don't own any myself to be able to check beyond noticing them on other characters.