Suggestion for new forum avatars — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Suggestion for new forum avatars

Please please please?

I mean... They're not only ready, they're begging to be used. I would probably change mine twice a day with those as options.

"Tomorrow my master chokes on his own whip!" - Lore of Skaen, PoE

Tagged:

Comments

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ewww! ~gags~

I mean, if that's your thing...

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

Knight_quaggan_icon.png

I must haz this. It is the spirit animal of my Norn Warrior main.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• I rather cuter things like Choya.
    We don't have a Choya icon, do we?

• Those would be good to add to the selection. The more choices the better.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    I rather cuter things like Choya.

There are 2 choya avatars

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Randulf.7614 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    I rather cuter things like Choya.

There are 2 choya avatars

Yeah and both in a Halloween Jack-O-Lantern, yet we have 2 Quaggans and one in a ghost bostume.
    Give us more Choya. They're more cuddly than those round Quaggans.

Actually yes... give the original/good Quaggan icons or non-Halloween Choya ones. No more of the inflated Quaggans, please.

• @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    The more choices the better.

Ideally, enough so that everyone can have a unique icon if they want.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• edited November 18, 2017

We do intend to expand the avatar base, for sure. Of course, it would not be possible for each member to have a unique avatar, as potentially that would require our artists to create millions of images (!) and that's not doable.

I take on board that certain creatures and characters are super popular, even iconic. I happen to love the idea of more quaggans, but with this choya next to me pointing a menacing quill in my direction, I'll say a more neutral: "Yes, more of all creatures! ;)

It's really fun to see such a large variety of avatars in use, and we'll make sure you have more choices in the future -- that definitely is in the gameplan!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Glad to hear that more are planned. The game has tons that people would probably enjoy using.

BTW I was referring to enough icons for forum frequenters to show up differently from each other. Right now, there are so few that it's more a distraction: it's easier to confuse two people right now than to keep them distinct. (Pictures being worth 1000-character-length unique display name.) Plus, "ideally" — I realize even with that proviso, it's still not realistic.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• That link is missing "Quaggan in a Microwave" and "Quaggan in a Dryer"

Centuries ago, I saved Tyria. I've since realized that it is, in Arthur's words, "a silly place".

• Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    We do intend to expand the avatar base, for sure. Of course, it would not be possible for each member to have a unique avatar, as potentially that would require our artists to create millions of images (!) and that's not doable.

I take on board that certain creatures and characters are super popular, even iconic. I happen to love the idea of more quaggans, but with this choya next to me pointing a menacing quill in my direction, I'll say a more neutral: "Yes, more of all creatures! ;)

It's really fun to see such a large variety of avatars in use, and we'll make sure you have more choices in the future -- that definitely is in the gameplan!

We need skritt not quaggans.

Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

• Teo -- shame!!!

Crinn -- We do seem short of skritt images. I'd like to see more, too! (I remember quite a few cute Wintersday skritts!)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

No. Ettin choice only
    haha
    sleepy now
    hrr

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Quaggan or Choya done in the style of a thinking emoji would be swellegant.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• I'm ready for the Moa/Dolyak avatars. My body can take it. Hit me.

• @IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.4836 You better have people call you "Barcode" because that name is completely appropriate :)

• Would it not be possible/reasonable to get a snapshot of the heads of one of our characters to use as an avatar? That shouldn't necessarily create a ton of work (or any, depending how its handled) for the art team, but could drastically increase the variety of icons. The biggest roadblock would probably be the forum hosts judging by what I've heard about them.

Fishsticks

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mount avatar?!

• Majic.4801Majic.4801 Member ✭✭✭

Skritt. Lots and lots of skritt.

Yes!

"Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside. Always follow what is true." -- Sentry-skritt Bordekka
    "I am so much more important than whatever it is you're doing!" -- Explorer Hiffa
    "Harpy love hurts!" -- Shaman Shoba

• @Curunen.8729 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Would it ever be possible to link in game character profile images with forum avatars, so a player could use the profile picture of any character on their account as an avatar?

If they did this, I'm retiring this Deadeye one with a heartbeat.
    While I do like my Deadeye, I only picked this icon as the others don't suit me much. Especially colour-wise.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would really like my character portrait as avatar pretty please?
    I don't care if realized via user avatar uploads or via a dynamic game link. (Select your GW2 char as avatar)

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hey, where is Lord Faren Avatar?

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shirlias.8104 said:

In all of his glorious variants? :p

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

In all of his glorious variants? :p

Absolutely!

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Gaile! Yes, the more avatars the better. Obviously some are more popular than others so it would be wonderful to have different versions to choose from. For example, some might like season 2 Taimi and others season 3 Taimi. Has anyone ever thought of a gateway to our character's looks for uploading images? That would save time for getting a lot of images and I am sure quite a few people would select that .... plus I am hoping anything from there would pass any vetting you want to do anyway.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Would love to be able to have my character's portrait as my avatar...and as someone else said, that would give a ton of variety = less work for GW2 artists. :D