Joining Fractals higher than your Personal Fractal level? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Joining Fractals higher than your Personal Fractal level?

I know this is probably a really dumb question i just cant find a clear answer anywhere. If my fractal level is 26 can i join a group going to a level 30 fractal?

Comments

• yes you can and you can also increase your personal fractal level by joining any fractal higher than your current level. I did it through LFG, but I made sure I have the required AR for it, I do not like watching my team mates with me on the floor.

• The party is limited to starting fractals at a level no more than the highest personal level within the party. So if yours is 26, you can start L26, but not L27. But if I joined the party (with a FL of 100), either of us can enter the lobby and start any fractal.

The only other limitation is which LFGs you can see.

Left up to me (and pretending it was free to implement), I'd like to see people be able to start any fractal without limitation, but while in the lobby/instance, your portrait would show your AR (similar to how it shows Master Points spent in PvE, PvP rank, or WvW rank). That gives us more freedom in LFG, challenging ourselves, and also giving the party tools to make sure everyone is properly equipped.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• thanks for the answers!

• What everyone else said. That's why you'll notice in LFG someone asking for an opener.

When surrounded by war, one must eventually choose a side.

• @Yolanda Hardass.8045 said:
    What everyone else said. That's why you'll notice in LFG someone asking for an opener.

Right, I forgot to mention that. When I was sub-100, I used to ask people I knew to open up higher fractals for me, then they'd drop, and I'd invite the rest of my static group. Otherwise, we'd have taken forever to reach 100 from 35.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2017

no problem, just be careful with AR ofc. very high levels without proper AR, Agony can insta kill u.

"It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.