Game Crash & Disconnection Issues [merged]

I have had 2 occasions in the last week where the game freezes and I have to restart windows. Might be related to windows 10 update. I never had problems before. Also sometimes the game starts, but the screen is not updated, ie I still see the windows desktop, GW2 music is playing but there is no way to interact with the game only windows restart is possible.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm actually glad I'm not the only one... I thought I had a problem with my computer or connection issues...It happened three times already while I'm in a squad in The SilverWastes. My screen would freeze and the game sound would still play, but that's it. I have to log out the windows to the initial screen to the game to close or restart my PC.[EDIT] Oh, just read about the Win10 new issues, I'll check it once I get home.

@Mahrsalla.6471 said:I just started having the similar problems as well. About every 30 to 45 minutes the game will freeze and I have to restart my computer to even get back to desktop. Haven't been able to find any solutions yet.

This is happening to me also about every 30 minutes or so. Very annoying let alone the problems it causes if you in group content. This is in need of a serious fix quickly!

Yeah, those crashes are really getting annoying. My collection of

--> Crash <--Exception: c0000005
Memory at address ffffffff`ffffffff could not be readApp: Gw2-64.exePid: 5460Cmdline:BaseAddr: 00007FF78CB60000ProgramId: 101Build: 84172When: 2017-11-21T17:38:24Z 2017-11-21T15:38:24-02:00Uptime: 0 days 0:05:23Flags: 0

is growing by 2-3 5-6 per day.All of them collected in Silverwastes (big squads) and HoT meta events. Basically: many people around = crash.

@Ganpot.3879 said:This started around the Halloween update (maybe a bit earlier, it's hard to remember exactly) and has been an unrelenting pain ever since. The game will freeze up out of nowhere, stay frozen for a good couple of minutes, then disconnect me. I have lost a ton of progress thanks to this (mostly in fractals, but also story missions and when soloing in the open world). At first I assumed the GW2 servers were having some temporary difficulties due to an update, so I tried being patient and waiting for the issue to be resolved. But at this point it has been weeks, and the issue has not abated whatsoever. I am crashing at least once every couple of hours (more like once every 30 minutes in fractals), and it is completely killing my desire to play the game. What the heck is going on?!

Yeah I'm having the same issue, but with some other weird stuff:

• Sometimes it lags a lot (2s+ ping);
  • Sometimes the game just stop responding, I can see the world "moving" but it looks like it's not responding (skills don't work);
  • Sometimes it hangs but I still can use the guild chat (maybe because it uses different servers than the game itself);
  • After the game hangs sometimes I get disconnected, sometimes the game comes back unloading a ton of "buffered" commands, it's rly weird;

It's been weeks since this issue has surfaced.

Is there anyone one from arenanet actually looking into this? What's the official channel for seeking assistance in resolving such issues.

This is really bad as the game is literally unplayable for us right now and I'm fairly certain the problem is with gw2 as all other games ive tried run some smoothly and do not crash my pc forcing a hard reset each time.

@linamaria.1830 said:Yeah, those crashes are really getting annoying. My collection of

Memory at address ffffffff`ffffffff could not be readApp: Gw2-64.exePid: 5460Cmdline:BaseAddr: 00007FF78CB60000ProgramId: 101Build: 84172When: 2017-11-21T17:38:24Z 2017-11-21T15:38:24-02:00Uptime: 0 days 0:05:23Flags: 0

is growing by 2-3 5-6 per day.All of them collected in Silverwastes (big squads) and HoT meta events. Basically: many people around = crash.

Looks familiar.

Memory at address ffffffff`ffffffff could not be readApp: Gw2-64.exePid: 576Cmdline:BaseAddr: 000000013F4F0000ProgramId: 101Build: 84172When: 2017-11-23T00:13:50Z 2017-11-22T16:13:50-08:00Uptime: 0 days 1:04:52Flags: 0

--> Error Logs <--0x1a1edbDebug token '0x00000000000266FA': Lightning ran out of space for new bolts.Texture missing mip chain: 0x1af5dbTexture missing mip chain: 0x1a1ed9Texture missing mip chain: 0x1a1edbModel '0x08223a': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x08223a': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Map load hang on STATE_MODELS_STREAM detected: MapId: 1226, Position: (20508.000000, -37333.898438, -10177.200195), Completion: 0.000000Model '0x082239': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x080b24': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Texture missing mip chain: 0x1af5dbDebug token '0x00000000000266FA': Lightning ran out of space for new bolts.Model '0x08223a': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x1adb21': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x082239': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Texture '0x03539b' dimensions too smallLoading '0x03539b' texture failedTexture '0x03539b' dimensions too smallLoading '0x03539b' texture failedTexture '0x03539b' dimensions too smallLoading '0x03539b' texture failedTexture '0x03539b' dimensions too smallLoading '0x03539b' texture failedTexture '0x03539b' dimensions too smallLoading '0x03539b' texture failedTexture missing mip chain: 0x1af5dbMap load hang on STATE_MODELS_STREAM detected: MapId: 1226, Position: (1169.810059, 56335.500000, -36.326809), Completion: 0.000000Model '0x080b24': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x082239': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x082241': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Texture '0x03539b' dimensions too smallLoading '0x03539b' texture failedTexture missing mip chain: 0x1af5dbModel '0x08223a': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x082239': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x080b24': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x08223a': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Model '0x079941': Permutation 'default' not found, auto selecting permutationModel '0x080b24': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Lots of people around, usually in the newer zones. I really don't want to have to turn texture settings down to make game look so much worse. I thought the 64 bit client was supposed to fix the out of memory junk? This is on win7 64, gtx 1060 6 GB with very new drivers. Started maybe 3 weeks ago after a GW2 update. Before that I played for like 3 weeks without a single crash.

@Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:Mine freezes but everything else on the computer keeps running just fine. Can't alt-tab out, can't close guildwars and the only way to get out of it is logging out through the ctrl/alt/del menu. Boy I wish this game could run properly for a few weeks.

This exact thing has also started happening to me. It's done it twice now, both after the Halloween event ended. Before and during Halloween, it was fine. Nothing of note in Windows event viewer, other than some odd DCOM errors. How about you Sarge? Like you said, the game just stops and you can't alt-tab out. You can start a task manager, but cannot bring it to the foreground. The only way out is to log out so Windows forcibly kills GW2.

I've fixed my issue with Windows freezing by disabling Quick Start and disabling sleep in Power options, setting the Hard Drive value to 0 so it never goes to sleep.I haven't had freezes in a week now and GW2 runs very good without freezing on me at all.In case you haven't tried it, I recommend you do it and see if that fixes anything. I swear it has something to do with Windows Creator's Update, that update messed up my whole system.

@Blur.3465 said:I've fixed my issue with Windows freezing by disabling Quick Start and disabling sleep in Power options, setting the Hard Drive value to 0 so it never goes to sleep.I haven't had freezes in a week now and GW2 runs very good without freezing on me at all.In case you haven't tried it, I recommend you do it and see if that fixes anything. I swear it has something to do with Windows Creator's Update, that update messed up my whole system.

I'll check power options, but I think this has already been done. Quickstart and sleep, shouldn't matter, but the HDD sleep might. Setting power management to performance rather than balanced can sometimes help as well. I had long term crashing issues with GW2 on another machine and think I did some things like this as soon as I got the new machine. My hard drive should never go to sleep regardless the settings, it's a 6gbps M.2 SSD. That said, what myself and Sarge are experiencing isn't Windows freezing. It's GW2 freezing. We can still bring up the ctl-alt-del screen and log out of Windows to get control back. So it's an application level crash, not the OS.

I posted 2x above a few days ago. Same stuff, freezing... ctrl-alt-del... signout and back again... all good. Yesterday, for the first time, I had a couple of very short (1-2 sec) freezes that didn't stick and the game continued after. I've been noticing stuttering in the game for a while now and now I'm wondering if the stuttering is just a series of these really really short/micro freezes (millisec. range). The duration of the freeze might be the changing variable. I wonder if left long enough one of the freezes that seem to require ctrl-alt-del might actually recover like the shorter ones.

@Leamas.5803 said:

@Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:Mine freezes but everything else on the computer keeps running just fine. Can't alt-tab out, can't close guildwars and the only way to get out of it is logging out through the ctrl/alt/del menu. Boy I wish this game could run properly for a few weeks.

This exact thing has also started happening to me. It's done it twice now, both after the Halloween event ended. Before and during Halloween, it was fine. Nothing of note in Windows event viewer, other than some odd DCOM errors. How about you Sarge? Like you said, the game just stops and you can't alt-tab out. You can start a task manager, but cannot bring it to the foreground. The only way out is to log out so Windows forcibly kills GW2.

I saw something like this that said it would force itself to close after 20-ish seconds but that never happened. I was listening to a podcast while playing and it kept playing like nothing had changed, GW2 was the only thing that would show on the screen and no method of closing it would work (I can hear the fans in my pc slow down as well like the game has actually stopped if that means anything). It's not happening super often but it basically forces my whole computer to shut down and restart when it happens and that's enough to be annoying, there's also no clear trigger for it since it just happens out of nowhere.