WvW -- Siege Commander's Spoon

Lenadin.5841

First time posting on the forums.

Anyone know the drop rate for the Siege Commander's Spoon? Trying to get the Koutalophile achievement for the mastery point and this is one of the last spoons I have to get. I looked it up in the gw2 wiki and the article seems woefully incomplete. I also looked up each individual mob that this item is supposed to drop from and I did not see it listed in the items that they are supposed to drop on any of the mobs.

Any help would be appricated.

Thanks.

I don't really know about the current setup, as most of the long time WvW players usually got it in the early days. Back when you usually got 2-3 of them after playing a couple of hours. Still rue that they removed that, used to be WvW'ers most stable income, it sold for 10 silver!!!

Best I can recommend is just to stick to it with a zerg to take structures, iirc tower lords was especially good at this.

Unlike modern collections, the Commander spoons are not guaranteed drops. Given the rate I'm currently getting broken spoons (what takes its place once you complete the collection), it drops something like 1 in 5 for Tower lords, and "might" be higher for Keep lords. Outside of that its drop rate is incredibly low by design.

If thats your only goal, K-training towers with a zerg is going to be the safest way to go about it.

• 1 month later...

I have 190(ish). I'll trade you all of them for your fractal spoon. =DThrown a couple dozen hours at fractals over the last couple of years with no success.

They should really cut back on the RNG and put that spoon at the end of a track, or something.Its understandably frustrating when you're sinking hours upon hours into a gamemode you're not really interested in and Gesus doesn't play fair with you.

~ Kovu

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

No recent comments on this topic, I would like to ask if there is an "official" drop-rate: I've read the fora/forums and done whatever has been suggested - zerging on towers, camps, qms, Lords, basically anything that moves gets hit, but after a week, 6 hours a day, nothing, not a whiff of a spoon, not even a dishwasher stain to show it was there. Can anyone offer any reasonable solution, and an idea of a drop-rate? I need this to finish the collection for the mastery point. TIA.

@"Gruff.8419" said:No recent comments on this topic, I would like to ask if there is an "official" drop-rate: I've read the fora/forums and done whatever has been suggested - zerging on towers, camps, qms, Lords, basically anything that moves gets hit, but after a week, 6 hours a day, nothing, not a whiff of a spoon, not even a dishwasher stain to show it was there. Can anyone offer any reasonable solution, and an idea of a drop-rate? I need this to finish the collection for the mastery point. TIA.

I've never seen any reliable data collected.The thing is: you only need it once per account, so it's not that interesting to anyone who has gotten one or just started to want one. It's only notable for people like yourself, who have spent hours without any luck.

My solution is psychological: stop worrying about it. It will drop. Eventually. Some day.For me, the game's achievements are long term. Sure, plenty of them can be done quickly and some people do all of them faster than Usain bolts. I just don't worry about it. If I play long enough, all the RNG stuff for collections drops. And if I'm not playing "long enough," I won't really care about a few boxes unticked.

@"Gruff.8419" said:No recent comments on this topic, I would like to ask if there is an "official" drop-rate: I've read the fora/forums and done whatever has been suggested - zerging on towers, camps, qms, Lords, basically anything that moves gets hit, but after a week, 6 hours a day, nothing, not a whiff of a spoon, not even a dishwasher stain to show it was there. Can anyone offer any reasonable solution, and an idea of a drop-rate? I need this to finish the collection for the mastery point. TIA.

You say zerging, is it possible the zerg is so big you're not getting in any hits or enough hits on the vets and lords to qualify for the drop?

Not to say it won't drop for those in a large group, but you might have better luck if you go with smaller groups.

And I can't say for sure anymore which guards actually could drop it, but I heard at one time even upgrade guys could, so I'd just continue on your path and make sure you actually hit everything multiple times with high damage skills.

@Kovu.7560 said:I have 190(ish). I'll trade you all of them for your fractal spoon. =DOh hey, this thread.An update on this, I got that fractal spoon after about 15 hours of casually doing fractals. Preeeety sure the drop rate on that is substantially worse than wvw's spoon.

~ Kovu