Kicked from my own first run group for not having a title

I was running 100CM last night with a group of first timers. We got up to the final boss. Then, due to RL, people had to leave. So I LFGed for more, clearly marking the group as for first time 100CM players. 4 People joined me, then after one run (failed at 16%) demanded to see my title (all of them changed to theirs) and kicked me out when I reminded them the group was for first run people. Essentially, they just wanted to get the completion and stole my last boss instance.

This is why I keep saying we need to remove these kinds of titles. Give a group a method to say "you aren't leet enough for us" and they will use it to discriminate.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love those people... Had the exact same situation only with the old 100 CM, that was the last time I did a CM, this community on average just isn't made for having fun.When we got the new 100 Fractal and I did my first run (not cm) we got flamed for not knowing the mechanic literally 2 hours after release (and our LFG said: First time new 100) and they demanded we (my friends and I) leave OUR group. Never kicked anyone faster than those guys...

I unfortunatly don't see what anet could do against people like that, maybe donate money to education :P

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:I would still prefer to have titles. The reason being that for new players doing CM100, it takes them 5 continuous hours to learn how to do the fractal. Due to how the mechanics work, it is really hard to "carry" a player, so if you have one bad person the entire run will eat up a day.

I got my group through to the last boss in less than an hour and a half. And I had never done the CM version of the fractal myself either.

Sometimes i go into fractals and open the group there(because i got some bad loading timers, so joining a group could take it's time). For at least 3 times following thing happened to me; Open Lfg, 1 Player joins, The Player kicks me, i get teleported to Lion's Arch, wasting 2 Loading Screens. (Lion's Arch loading screen is a PAIN for me).

I always wondered why u can be kicked out of your own party.... makes me sad everytime.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:I would still prefer to have titles. The reason being that for new players doing CM100, it takes them 5 continuous hours to learn how to do the fractal. Due to how the mechanics work, it is really hard to "carry" a player, so if you have one bad person the entire run will eat up a day.

I got my group through to the last boss in less than an hour and a half. And I had never done the CM version of the fractal myself either.

I have been on groups that have taken over 8 continuous hours just to beat Arkk. Mostly with the same people, but also rotating in and out other newbies and their friends. It is amazing how the worst people are also the most stubborn. The thing is, I am never alone in these groups. There are four other people with me. Everybody I know who has a title requirement has gone through similar pain. It is like a right of passage: You need to grit through the terror of a newbie party before you're chiseled enough to handle it regularly.

Which makes it worse when people sell titles for this run. Nothing quite like taking 3 attempts just to find out that Berserker on the team just auto attacks with rifle and never goes for the anomalies.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:I love those people... Had the exact same situation only with the old 100 CM, that was the last time I did a CM, this community on average just isn't made for having fun.When we got the new 100 Fractal and I did my first run (not cm) we got flamed for not knowing the mechanic literally 2 hours after release (and our LFG said: First time new 100) and they demanded we (my friends and I) leave OUR group. Never kicked anyone faster than those guys...

Im already looking forward to next tuesday, when the first "exp-only"-lfgs will show up around half an hour after the patch ^^

@reikken.4961 said:that would have happened with or without titlesthere is only one possible fix for this (aside from instilling ethics into everyone on the planet), and that is giving the party leader powers like squad commanders have

There's another option: removing the ability to kick entirely. Many games don't have one, but they do have a good anti AFK detection script. That way, unhappy/sad players get no option but to leave, which is probably better for the rest of the team anyway.

@Jojo.6140 said:Im already looking forward to next tuesday, when the first "exp-only"-lfgs will show up around half an hour after the patch ^^

I see no problem with such lfgs. There are players out there starting just after the patch and are able to clear it easily because their skill level and anticipation is higher than of others.I mean, the only argument you could have against this is jealousy. If not why bother? Is it impossible to open an own group with a good description that you are new, like to have a chilled experience and no stress?

@Kheldorn.5123 said:This is the audience ArenaNet wants in this game. They created raids and CMs exactly for them. You better get used to it, the future is now :)

Fun fact the overall toxicity decreased in comparison to the old dungeon times in which we had way more complaints in the forum and in the game and a lot of absurd lfgs with people asking for AP (the worst marker for being experienced).The audience was there, is still there and will be there in the future unless you design every foe in this game hitting as hard as a Queensdale bandit on lvl 4.

From time to time you met some jerks, like in real life. But that's not the norm. Everybody knows that even the OP because he was in this forum before with other "interesting" posts.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:oh so it's a fact? show me research data

We have less posts = less complaints and if you are playing end game content regularly you would clearly experience it.Asking for research data is stupid and you know it. ^^Your first post was polemic because if you have seen the announcements of raids pre-HoT there was nobody on the stage telling us "We want more toxic people to play our game."

It seems like you are against any challenging content at all in the game, n'est-ce pas? I think this attitude is more toxic than any other has ever be. Why not just don't care about it at all and play different stuff? There is no reason to haunt people who like the combat system in GW2 in connection with harder encounters than just world bosses and other open world mobs. You can have your fun here, we can have our fun there.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:oh so it's a fact? show me research data

We have less posts = less complaints and if you are playing end game content regularly you would clearly experience it.Asking for research data is stupid and you know it. ^^Your first post was polemic because if you have seen the announcements of raids pre-HoT there was nobody on the stage telling us "We want more toxic people to play our game."

It seems like you are against any challenging content at all in the game, n'est-ce pas? I think this attitude is more toxic than any other has ever be. Why not just don't care about it at all and play different stuff? There is no reason to haunt people who like the combat system in GW2 in connection with harder encounters than just world bosses and other open world mobs. You can have your fun here, we can have our fun there.

So it's not a fact, it's your personal, biased observation that has no value for general population, thank you :)

@Kheldorn.5123 said:So it's not a fact, it's your personal, biased observation that has no value for general population, thank you :)

Please, don't turn it around. Discuss reasonable and stop being polemic. If you have no valid arguments then stop it.You clearly stated that Anet wants to have toxic players in their game which is by far very untrustworthy. I just replied to this untrue construct that the state in the game is showing a different picture. A very different picture compared to the past which can be experienced by every player that is and was constantly pugging endgame content like dungeons and later on fractals and raids.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:So it's not a fact, it's your personal, biased observation that has no value for general population, thank you :)

Please, don't turn it around. Discuss reasonable and stop being polemic. If you have no valid arguments then stop it.You clearly stated that Anet wants to have toxic players in their game which is by far very untrustworthy. I just replied to this untrue construct that the state in the game is showing a different picture. A very different picture compared to the past which can be experienced by every player that is and was constantly pugging endgame content like dungeons and later on fractals and raids.

You have no data to talk about state of the game, you can only share your personal experience with me, that has no consequence for general population :)

I am all for you sharing your opinions as this is what forums is for, but creating facts just to make your point of view valid is in no way constructive :)

@Rennie.6750 said:There's another option: removing the ability to kick entirely. Many games don't have one, but they do have a good anti AFK detection script. That way, unhappy/sad players get no option but to leave, which is probably better for the rest of the team anyway.I doubt there's an afk detection system that can't be gamed rather easily if you want to annoy people. So, if we have the kind of people described in the OP, it's not hard to imagine what would happen if kicking was removed. Won't help the overall situation, just shift the problem. Until ANet finally manages to create a reasonable instance ownership system (5+x years clearly isn't enough), there will always be problems with such stuff.