Kicked from my own first run group for not having a title

Very rude... they could have at least offered you the chance to buy the title... /s

Fun fact, putting up an LFG on a CM (or previous FotM 50) "at last boss" as the only party member is just asking for a hi-jacking. Invite at least a friend or two, who can leave once the party starts to fill to help prevent such garbage.

I jest, but OP is not the first victim of this kind of behavior and won't be the last. Game the system to protect yourself from this kind of stuff.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Boogiepop Void.6473Removing the title won't fix it. They could as easily kick you for "not performing good enough", "to low AP", "wrong class/build", or even "not in a confirmed fractal guild". There has always been and will always exist signals that people will use to estimate if a person is good or bad.

What would fix the problem is to eliminate the ability to kick members at the last part of an instance.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:oh so it's a fact? show me research data

We have less posts = less complaints and if you are playing end game content regularly you would clearly experience it.Asking for research data is stupid and you know it. ^^Your first post was polemic because if you have seen the announcements of raids pre-HoT there was nobody on the stage telling us "We want more toxic people to play our game."

It seems like you are against any challenging content at all in the game, n'est-ce pas? I think this attitude is more toxic than any other has ever be. Why not just don't care about it at all and play different stuff? There is no reason to haunt people who like the combat system in GW2 in connection with harder encounters than just world bosses and other open world mobs. You can have your fun here, we can have our fun there.

This is why people need research data. You could be wrong or you could be right. But your "evidence" surrounding the issue really doesn't prove anything. For example, I strongly suspect more people ran dungeons back in the day over all than people who raid or run T4 fractals. Just a guess but you'd have to prove otherwise to prove your point.

If that's the case, that means you'd have more posts complaining back then, simply because more people were running them.

I'm pretty sure only a very small percentage of the playerbase actually considers themselves raiders, or raids with any regularity. In any event, I never believed they fit into the fabric of this game, but that's just my own personal opinion.

@Belorn.2659 said:@Boogiepop Void.6473Removing the title won't fix it. They could as easily kick you for "not performing good enough", "to low AP", "wrong class/build", or even "not in a confirmed fractal guild". There has always been and will always exist signals that people will use to estimate if a person is good or bad.

What would fix the problem is to eliminate the ability to kick members at the last part of an instance.

Just make party leader system, like squads have. I start the party - I own it. Simple. This will stop hostile takeovers like presented in this case and people not respecting LFG descriptions will be removed by its creator easily. This was a healthy game once but after raids this community is going down every day. I know Anet can fix it. They probably feel trapped now, because they don't want to be accused of abandoning more content, but once they understand what they've done 2 years ago when releasing Forsaken Thicket, they will abandon raids and our community will be healthy again :)

I'd love some kind of party leader ability tbh, i've came across people like this for /dungeons/ lmao (most, if not all of the dungeon and fractal lfgs i put up i state "first timers welcome"..whats funny is that i ask if anyones in the group is doing it for the first time just so i know whether to comment on the few fights that need organisation+puzzles in dungeons//and on all frac mechanics, and then people think im weird or are rude to me about my willingness to help people?! xD YOU joined this group, what did you expect. :P)

Remove titles and they will demand currency ping, move currency to wallet and they will demand that you equip some unique skin or infusion. Only way to remove this kind of behaviour would be to remove all exclusive rewards, which would be a horrible solution.EDIT: We used to have party leader / instance owner in gw2, but this only resulted in other drawbacks and abusive behaviour.

@HeyHoProBro.2147 said:Remove titles and they will demand currency ping, move currency to wallet and they will demand that you equip some unique skin or infusion. Only way to remove this kind of behaviour would be to remove all exclusive rewards, which would be a horrible solution.EDIT: We used to have party leader / instance owner in gw2, but this only resulted in other drawbacks and abusive behaviour.

It never was party leader. It was instance ownership. You still could have been kicked by trolls. Some prominent and very vocal players from well known guilds like DnT or hC were doing this on daily basis :)

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Belorn.2659 said:@Boogiepop Void.6473Removing the title won't fix it. They could as easily kick you for "not performing good enough", "to low AP", "wrong class/build", or even "not in a confirmed fractal guild". There has always been and will always exist signals that people will use to estimate if a person is good or bad.

Just make party leader system, like squads have. I start the party - I own it. Simple. This will stop hostile takeovers like presented in this case and people not respecting LFG descriptions will be removed by its creator easily. This was a healthy game once but after raids this community is going down every day. I know Anet can fix it. They probably feel trapped now, because they don't want to be accused of abandoning more content, but once they understand what they've done 2 years ago when releasing Forsaken Thicket, they will abandon raids and our community will be healthy again :)

This has nothing to do with raids. Back at the start...this happened plenty in dungeons for not having enough AP.Even when there were instance owners. .there were trolls that enjoyed dissolving an instance.

This isn't a new problem at all.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

This has nothing to do with raids. Back at the start...this happened plenty in dungeons for not having enough AP.Even when there were instance owners. .there were trolls that enjoyed dissolving an instance.

So make party leader system :)

Re: OP. It would take some really messed up people to kick someone after a 16% wipe unless the said person died at something like 98% and then stayed dead through the fight, or died right after revive. Still a shitty thing to do considering the LFG description, but16% feels way too close to win to go on a "lets check everyone's title" rampage.

Re: kicking. No system is perfect. When instance owner system was around, I personally had a number of times when instance owner would go AFK half way through a dungeon and your only choices were to start from the start or carry them.

Re: elitism. It is very difficult to tell how the population changed through the years, especially if using the forums as the gauge. The amount of people who did dungeons is a lot higher than raiders. The amount of people in the game in general seems to be declining. The volume of posts on this board seems to have dropped pretty dramatically in the last couple of years. But yes, I can definitely remember the good old days of "4 warriors 1 mesmer only" CoF runs where people would get kicked in the first 30s of the instance.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Was suggested many times when instanced content was relevant. People screamed that it will make game a wow clone.

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Was suggested many times when instanced content was relevant. People screamed that it will make game a wow clone.

Actually no, it was in place when instanced content was relevant and the result was:

• the party leader could kick whom and however he/she wanted
  • the instances back then were tied to the party leader meaning if he left or disconnected, the entire party got kicked out resetting the instance
  • people were screaming for a majority vote system to prevent party abuse

Every system has pros and cons.

@TC there will always be jerks. Make sure to report the abuse and even if nothing should come of it, at least you tried. Good luck on the next run.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@Rennie.6750 said:There's another option: removing the ability to kick entirely. Many games don't have one, but they do have a good anti AFK detection script. That way, unhappy/sad players get no option but to leave, which is probably better for the rest of the team anyway.I doubt there's an afk detection system that can't be gamed rather easily if you want to annoy people. So, if we have the kind of people described in the OP, it's not hard to imagine what would happen if kicking was removed. Won't help the overall situation, just shift the problem. Until ANet finally manages to create a reasonable instance ownership system (5+x years clearly isn't enough), there will always be problems with such stuff.

It is. Someone not hitting the boss regularly or not healing isn't contributing. The limits don't have to be high, but it very much is possible to detect some afk player.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:This is the audience ArenaNet wants in this game. They created raids and CMs exactly for them. You better get used to it, the future is now :)

Fun fact the overall toxicity decreased in comparison to the old dungeon times in which we had way more complaints in the forum and in the game and a lot of absurd lfgs with people asking for AP (the worst marker for being experienced).

Less people doing fotm than dungeon of the past. Number of complains is proportion to number of people.

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

And now we have squad leaders. I see no reason not to make party leader at this point. It's already in game for 10/50 man so why not 5 :)

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Actually no, it was in place when instanced content was relevant and the result was:
  • the party leader could kick whom and however he/she wanted
  • the instances back then were tied to the party leader meaning if he left or disconnected, the entire party got kicked out resetting the instance
  • people were screaming for a majority vote system to prevent party abuse

Every system has pros and cons.

@TC there will always be jerks. Make sure to report the abuse and even if nothing should come of it, at least you tried. Good luck on the next run.

There was never party leader system in GW2, there was instance owner only :)

And even if you created team at that time you couldn't control it as it was often exploited by some players stealing path selling LFGs and kicking the leader :)

If we had party leader system it would have never happened, just like you cant steal a raid squad from its owner :)

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Less people doing fotm than dungeon of the past. Number of complains is proportion to number of people.

Of course it is, nobody doubts that. But the fractal lfg is one of the most active lfgs in the game with a huge distance to a big amount of others. Therefore the complaints are rare as hell. Taking into account that the OP is one of the known ppl in this forum posting stuff like this in the past a.k.a. it happens more often to him (coincidence?) and we rarely see similar ones by others - not here and not on reddit - I still state that the issue was extreme in the past and is almost negligible today.

I won't deny that there are bad apples around - like in every game. Ppl should just respect LFGs but that won't happen like today when we got a power thief when asked for condi dps who didn't even answer to us. Result: bye bye & kick :)

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Actually no, it was in place when instanced content was relevant and the result was:

Proper party leader system was never in place in this game. There was some weird "anet style" system that did not even provide basic functionality and worked against the players.

There was a system exactly like you described it:

• party leader had 100% power to kick whomever he wanted
  • party leader was "owner" of the instance and if he left the party or went afk or disconnected for 10 minute the instance would close for everyone. Thus he could basically do and please as he saw fit

Here is an old reddit thread were people are complaining about just this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1v3ysv/the_instance_system_needs_an_overhaul_and_heres/ because quite frankly I'm to lazy to look through old patch notes to find the exact time when they changed this.

Arenanet changing the system had NOTHING to do with WoW. On the contrary, people wanted to get away from an all powerful party leader system.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Actually no, it was in place when instanced content was relevant and the result was:

Proper party leader system was never in place in this game. There was some weird "anet style" system that did not even provide basic functionality and worked against the players.

There was a system exactly like you described it:
  • party leader had 100% power to kick whomever he wanted
  • party leader was "owner" of the instance and if he left the party or went afk or disconnected for 10 minute the instance would close for everyone. Thus he could basically do and please as he saw fit

Here is an old reddit thread were people are complaining about just this:
because quite frankly I'm to lazy to look through old patch notes to find the exact time when they changed this.

Arenanet changing the system had NOTHING to do with WoW. On the contrary, people wanted to get away from an all powerful party leader system.

we never could kick people from party without voting

This happens a lot, in a lot of cases even before fights even start. It was probably biggest mistake to remove dungeon opener/group leader feature that would kick everyone from the group once leader got kicked.I personally have played this game for years, have done every content available including fractals and all raid bosses. It doesn't help me however once i hop on my alt account that obviously doesn't have the amount of AP/titles/kill-proof that my main account has. I go in dungeon, open LFG, people join and kick me from my own instance alone because AP on my alt account is under 10k. They don't even care that i actually have properly geared character and actual experience of the fights.

It is really unfriendly to new players as well to players with alt-accounts (that ironically gave more money to Anet).

I wish Anet would enable group leader feature so if group leader gets kicked, whole group gets kicked as well. Of course, there is always case where group leader DC's or leaves, in that case imo the group should be able to kick group leader without consequences after 5min wait time and group shouldn't disaban if group leader leaves.

I think it is funny that people propose reporting when everyone knows that reporting is nothing but placebo and has absolutely no effect whatsoever.