Duo VG kill, 1h2m — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Duo VG kill, 1h2m

Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 26, 2017 in Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

Going a bit unnoticed so I thought I'd share this:

Logs be like: https://dps.report/M9uS-20171126-013750_vg

Clear time: 1 hour 2 mins

I couldn't even begin to imagine not making any mistakes as tank for over 15 minutes let alone 1 hour.

EDIT: might as well link the reddit post for some more details, did I say 1 hour? I ment 15 hours of practice etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7flzgr/qt_duo_vale_guardian/

Comments

• Joxer.6024Joxer.6024 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2017

Doesn't the damage of the green circles scale with how many in a raid, therefore kinda makes sense to have fewer thus less damage overall? I could be waaayy off. ;)

• CptAurellian.9537CptAurellian.9537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cyninja.2954 said:
    I couldn't even begin to imagine not making any mistakes as tank for over 15 minutes let alone 1 hour.

Absolutely. That's quite some dedication.

Praise delta!

• Digit.1823Digit.1823 Member ✭✭
    edited November 26, 2017

Nice work, very well done.

@ Joker, i'm almost sure greens do not actually scale with amount of players in the instance. The damage is fixed as far as i know.

Edit: typo

• kitten impressive is an understatement.. Bravo

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

and now that this is out people will use it as justification that we don't need meta builds and completely miss the point again.

But good job to those two, like others stated i personally don't think i could manage doing that for over an hour without mistakes. Even if i had many years to practice it.

• @TexZero.7910 said:
    and now that this is out people will use it as justification that we don't need meta builds and completely miss the point again.

But good job to those two, like others stated i personally don't think i could manage doing that for over an hour without mistakes. Even if i had many years to practice it.

well... technically, you don't NEED meta builds to do raids.
    does running a bad build make you a worse person? yes
    should running a bad build be illegal? absolutely
    but you don't need meta builds to kill the bosses.

"clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
    When I join your LFG

• @Joxer.6024 said:
    Doesn't the damage of the green circles scale with how many in a raid, therefore kinda makes sense to have fewer thus less damage overall? I could be waaayy off. ;)

No, it does a flat 90% of you maximum hp value.

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

well... technically, you don't NEED meta builds to do raids.
    does running a bad build make you a worse person? yes
    should running a bad build be illegal? absolutely
    but you don't need meta builds to kill the bosses.

Im not arguing that....

What im saying is the people that say you don't need meta often end up missing the point.
    You know it, i know it....But the fundamental nature of teamwork is needed no matter if its 1, 3, 5 or 10 people. They all have to work together, it just so happens that when everyone is on the same page (meta or not) that makes the venture that much easier.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Absolutely. That's quite some dedication.

I find that the less ppl are in a meta or a dungeon or a fractal or a raid the less chaotic of a kitten we have and i find that helping me remain more focushed. But that might be me.

• @zealex.9410 said:
    I find that the less ppl are in a meta or a dungeon or a fractal or a raid the less chaotic of a kitten we have and i find that helping me remain more focushed. But that might be me.

It's not just you. I'd often rather have four people whose playstyles I know (and can support) than to add a 5th random.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.