One Big Problem With Rangers and Pets - Anet Fix This Bug

Johnny.1634

• 2 weeks later...

@Johnny.1634 said:

@aryvandar.8562 said:The one glaring problem I see here is your focused on PVP only, there are multiple modes. The new elite spec is pretty strong if played right.

I think you posted in the wrong thread :S

Did you even read the post????and I quote " This further reduces the chances of people picking up pets that are already considered under powered compare to top tier pets.In PvP our targets are obviously alot more mobile than PvE so getting hits in fast is VERY important. But the majority of our pets attack too slow and therefore don’t manage to hit anything for the most part, and quickness would help this quite abit. "

They are talking about PVP please go back and read main post, and have a nice day.

@aryvandar.8562 said:

@Johnny.1634 said:

@aryvandar.8562 said:The one glaring problem I see here is your focused on PVP only, there are multiple modes. The new elite spec is pretty strong if played right.

Did you even read the post????and I quote " This further reduces the chances of people picking up pets that are already considered under powered compare to top tier pets.In PvP our targets are obviously alot more mobile than PvE so getting hits in fast is VERY important. But the majority of our pets attack too slow and therefore don’t manage to hit anything for the most part, and quickness would help this quite abit. "

They are talking about PVP please go back and read main post, and have a nice day.

They are talking pets mainly, regardless of gamemode. Its not a pvp thread its not a pve thread, its a thread about a massive bug that contradicts the boon choices they gave to ranger and the interaction it has with pets. Even if OP gives PvP examples its affecting every part of the game. It should be fixed immediatly for all pets.

@aryvandar.8562 said:

@Johnny.1634 said:

Not "they. "You/Me". Yes "I" read it -

"The one glaring problem I see here is your focused on PVP only, there are multiple modes. The new elite spec is pretty strong if played right."

Did you read the post? xD If you did read my main post you'll see I'm speaking about all types of gameplay and I simply gave a small example in PvP. Futhermore you bring up "the new elite spec" for some unknown reason... we're talking about pets being bugged on core ranger and all its specializations, not the specific flaws of Soulbeast, which is why it seemed like you posted in the wrong thread.

Welp, I posted in the AMA asking if they are aware of this issue and added a link to this topic. Gaile replied something about asking around, but I'm guessing the original message Johnny got was from her as well? I will bring up the question again in the next AMA in a few months time I guess.

@FrouFrou.4958 said:Welp, I posted in the AMA asking if they are aware of this issue and added a link to this topic. Gaile replied something about asking around, but I'm guessing the original message Johnny got was from her as well? I will bring up the question again in the next AMA in a few months time I guess.

Nah, never got a message from her :SShe told you to ask around if THEY'RE aware of the issue????? xD The F????

@Johnny.1634 said:

@FrouFrou.4958 said:Welp, I posted in the AMA asking if they are aware of this issue and added a link to this topic. Gaile replied something about asking around, but I'm guessing the original message Johnny got was from her as well? I will bring up the question again in the next AMA in a few months time I guess.

Nah, never got a message from her :SShe told you to ask around if THEY'RE aware of the issue????? xD The F????

No no, I think she meant she was going to go and snoop around asking if anyone's in the office is aware of it.

Are you people absolutely certain it doesn't work all the time? Because it looks to me like my pets attacks are faster when I use Quickness, but then again, maybe those white numbers flashing across the screen at a faster rate don't mean anything at all(this is specifically with the Jacaranda that I notice it, don't pay attention to the others really).

@"Zaklex.6308" said:Are you people absolutely certain it doesn't work all the time? Because it looks to me like my pets attacks are faster when I use Quickness, but then again, maybe those white numbers flashing across the screen at a faster rate don't mean anything at all(this is specifically with the Jacaranda that I notice it, don't pay attention to the others really).

Your eyesight is ok, Jacaranda is not bugged. The following pets are working as intended: Armor Fish, Bristleback, Carrion Devourer, Fanged Iboga, Jacaranda, Rock Gazelle, Shark, Smokescale, Black Widow Spider, Cave Spider, Forest Spider, Jungle Spider, Electric Wyvern, Fire Wyvern, Lashtail Devourer, Whiptail Devourer

Whereas these are bugged: -Arctodus -Black Bear -Brown Bear -Murellow -Polar Bear -Eagle -Hawk -Owl -Raven -White Raven -Alpine Wolf -Fern Hound -Krytan Drakehound -Wolf -Hyena -Ice Drake -Marsh Drake -Reef Drake -River Drake -Salamander Drake -Jaguar -Jungle Stalker -Snow Leopard -Tiger -Cheetah -Lynx -Sand Lion -Blue Jellyfish -Rainbow Jellyfish -Red Jellyfish -Black Moa -Blue Moa -Pink Moa -Red Moa -White Moa -Boar -Pig -Siamoth -Warthog

Cheekily copied from Johnny's other topic from Bug subforum https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/569/pets-not-affected-by-quickness#latest

@FrouFrou.4958 said:

@"Zaklex.6308" said:Are you people absolutely certain it doesn't work all the time? Because it looks to me like my pets attacks are faster when I use Quickness, but then again, maybe those white numbers flashing across the screen at a faster rate don't mean anything at all(this is specifically with the Jacaranda that I notice it, don't pay attention to the others really).

Your eyesight is ok, Jacaranda is not bugged. The following pets are working as intended: Armor Fish, Bristleback, Carrion Devourer, Fanged Iboga, Jacaranda, Rock Gazelle, Shark, Smokescale, Black Widow Spider, Cave Spider, Forest Spider, Jungle Spider, Electric Wyvern, Fire Wyvern, Lashtail Devourer, Whiptail Devourer

Whereas these are bugged: -Arctodus -Black Bear -Brown Bear -Murellow -Polar Bear -Eagle -Hawk -Owl -Raven -White Raven -Alpine Wolf -Fern Hound -Krytan Drakehound -Wolf -Hyena -Ice Drake -Marsh Drake -Reef Drake -River Drake -Salamander Drake -Jaguar -Jungle Stalker -Snow Leopard -Tiger -Cheetah -Lynx -Sand Lion -Blue Jellyfish -Rainbow Jellyfish -Red Jellyfish -Black Moa -Blue Moa -Pink Moa -Red Moa -White Moa -Boar -Pig -Siamoth -Warthog

Cheekily copied from Johnny's other topic from Bug subforum

I see your point then, it basically affects the ones that are mostly used vs not working on the least used pets, which explains why I've never noticed the problem. In that case I think it should be fixed...then the only reason Rangers wouldn't use certain pets is because of their lack of effectiveness, which is another topic.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I'll ping directly today. Sorry for the delay!

Thank-you. But what does this mean exactly?? :s

I'm also very confused on if this is the first your hearing of this. Your the Communications Manager so I'd think you'd probably have the best answer here, and I don't mean any disrespect but how is this taking so long, and whats been going on??

The issue itself has been here since launch, and just speaking on my part alone, I've been addressing this issue to you for 4 years with:

• At least 50 in-game bug reports over the years, being very descriptive.
  • Speaking to several Anet employees currently playing in the game, saying they were unaware and they would bring it up immediately.
  • Reporting the issue on the old forums in the bug-report section, once again explaining the issue in great detail
  • Raising awareness by speaking about it all over the game in map chat and fellow ranger party members.
  • Creating threads in the old "Ranger" forums just like this one
  • Reported the issue using this sites support center, where I made the issue very clear, and my ticket was closed without a single word
  • Reporting the issue using this sites support center again, using my other account, where it was closed again and told rudely not to open reports on multiple accounts.
  • Reporting the issue using this sites support center AGAIN, where I was even asked to show videos of the evidence. Which I then did and posted.
  • Communicated with several support personnel, telling me to report it in-game, which I already had been doing for 4 years....Was later told this bug may be intended....Was later told they have made the team aware of the issue.
  • The day the new forums came online, this tread, as well as my thread in the "Bugs" section has been posted and I've been doing my best to spread awareness and keep the posts active.

Now I'm clearly not the only one here reporting this issue, alot of people here I'm sure have been spamming you. But based on me alone, how on earth is it taking you guys so long, not only to actually fix the issue, but for your team to actually be aware of it?? I mean, I'm basically screaming this is your faces where ever you look, haha.

Honestly I've just been so disappointed in you guys its not even funny. The support I've gotten has been appalling as I'm sure most people here can agree. But regardless I still love playing the game, but this issue has really been frustrating me as a Ranger-Main for ages. So I'd really like to see this fixed, as well as get an answer to my above questions.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Johnny.1634 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I'll ping directly today. Sorry for the delay!

I'm also very confused on if this is the first your hearing of this. Your the Communications Manager so I'd think you'd probably have the best answer here, and I don't mean any disrespect but how is this taking so long, and whats been going on??

The issue itself has been here since launch, and just speaking on my part alone, I've been addressing this issue to you for 4 years with:
  • Speaking to several Anet employees currently playing in the game, saying they were unaware and they would bring it up immediately.
  • Reporting the issue on the old forums in the bug-report section, once again explaining the issue in great detail
  • Raising awareness by speaking about it all over the game in map chat and fellow ranger party members.
  • Reported the issue using this sites support center, where I made the issue very clear, and my ticket was closed without a single word
  • Reporting the issue using this sites support center again, using my other account, where it was closed again and told rudely not to open reports on multiple accounts.
  • Reporting the issue using this sites support center AGAIN, where I was even asked to show videos of the evidence. Which I then did and posted.
  • Communicated with several support personnel, telling me to report it in-game, which I already had been doing for 4 years....Was later told this bug may be intended....Was later told they have made the team aware of the issue.
  • The day the new forums came online, this tread, as well as my thread in the "Bugs" section has been posted and I've been doing my best to spread awareness and keep the posts active.

Now I'm clearly not the only one here reporting this issue, alot of people here I'm sure have been spamming you. But based on me alone, how on earth is it taking you guys so long, not only to actually fix the issue, but for your team to actually be aware of it?? I mean, I'm basically screaming this is your faces where ever you look, haha.

Honestly I've just been so disappointed in you guys its not even funny. The support I've gotten has been appalling as I'm sure most people here can agree. But regardless I still love playing the game, but this issue has really been frustrating me as a Ranger-Main for ages. So I'd really like to see this fixed, as well as get an answer to my above questions.

What that meant was that although I've been aware of this for years, too -- I'm a Ranger main, after all :) -- I still didn't have traction on a detailed answer, although I knew it was a known issue and I'd spoken with devs about it before. If you check forum archives -- we don't have an archive of the old forums, but others have been kind enough to host them on third-party sites -- you can confirm that this is not my first post on this subject. (I imagine other knowledgeable forum members will vouch for me here. :) )

Certainly, you are not the only person reporting this, but what I learned today has a bit more detail: Fixing this will be a complicated correction to make, because quickness can cause animation problems (presumably for some species, which is why this is not a unilateral/every creature problem). Each pet will need to be examined individually for these problems, and at the present time, this is not something that the designers are able to do. Again, this is a known issue -- I have that from several different people -- and this is a concern. Reading the details on this, quite honestly I personally do not foresee this being corrected in the very near future, as much as I know the team would like to be able to do so. However, that's my estimation, not a dev answer, and I will see if I can learn more and update when I have additional info.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I'll ping directly today. Sorry for the delay!

What that meant was that although I've been aware of this for years, too -- I'm a Ranger main, after all :) -- I still didn't have traction on a detailed answer, although I knew it was a known issue and I'd spoken with devs about it before. If you check forum archives -- we don't have an archive of the old forums, but others have been kind enough to host them on third-party sites -- you can confirm that this is not my first post on this subject. (I imagine other knowledgeable forum members will vouch for me here. :) )

Certainly, you are not the only person reporting this, but what I learned today has a bit more detail: Fixing this will be a complicated correction to make, because quickness can cause animation problems (presumably for some species, which is why this is not a unilateral/every creature problem). Each pet will need to be examined individually for these problems, and at the present time, this is not something that the designers are able to do. Again, this
is
a known issue -- I have that from several different people -- and this
is
a concern. Reading the details on this, quite honestly I personally do not foresee this being corrected in the very near future, as much as I know the team would like to be able to do so. However, that's my estimation, not a dev answer, and I will see if I can learn more and update when I have additional info.

I don't see it being corrected in the very near future either if this issue has been known to the team for years.Had the slightest glimmer of hope, after all these years we finally got a response. I should have known better after all this disappointment.After making it very clear that the team has just been shrugging off a bug like this to the core mechanic of a whole profession, I understand how little you really care now.You've lost my support.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Fixing this will be a complicated correction to make, because quickness can cause animation problems (presumably for some species, which is why this is not a unilateral/every creature problem).I feel like this would be an especially ripe time to point out that the pet animation locking problems date all the way back to GW1, and they were a major issue for rangers even then.

That's right, this issue is 12 years old, it was never fixed, GW2 inherited when it used a modified GW1 engine, the design team 5 years ago decided to make an entire class based on it anyway, and today they are covering up the problem by selectively breaking certain pets that would show otherwise off the flaw.

This is why people don't trust your game design.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Fixing this will be a complicated correction to make, because quickness can cause animation problems

I would very much like to see what these animation issues looks like - video of it please? And speaking of animations, they don't seem that important, just take a look at Soulbeast skill Tail Swipe (that you claimed you fixed in the October 17th, 2017 update but you called it 'Tail Spin' there) - it has no animation at all! ;)