Some feedback to the story encounters.

• You should adjust the wyvern it is such a boring fight. It does nearly nothing except very slow attacks from which you walk away, but has a lot of hp. Reduce the healing of the crystals. It fully heals in 3-5 seconds how are you supposed to destroy them that fast? I have the impression aurene is the actual one killing the wyvern, her attacks seem to deal 25% of its HP.
  • The cave fight ends in like 20 seconds. It is the complete opposite of wyvern. It is not even an actual fight, some trash mobs are harder.A better balance between endless HP and none at all would for me more fun.
  • The warden was a fun fifth it is just annoying for melee characters without teleports to stick to the boss. Melee is a safe place because her AoE seems to never hit in melee range. A overall fun fight just maybe a few less teleports in future bosses?
  • The final boss was also a fun fight. A hint how to get rid of the sparks would have been nice, but it didn't took long to ring out, but others might need more time to figure it out. Also I found this boss is also melee unfriendly need the ice fields to stay? Can't just the explosion chill? If the boss is in the chill fields you either take the chill or try to lure it out, but then it probably does the next chill attack. In the end it wasn't clear what to do I thought I had to finish it off somehow instead of just waiting. Oh it seems like the burning from waves is unblockable. But overall I liked the boss and the story of it.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of my dislikes were about the last story mission:

• I didn't care for how braham was reintroduced
  • Too many trash mobs around or spawning.
  • Final boss fight broke immersion with odd mechanics and high AOE dage at end.

If my AOE attacks can only affect 5 targets but I have 30 hitting me - I'm not having fun.

[Edit: Switched from phone to pc to correct commend]

The map is decent but nothing special, too much CC spam. Same goes for the story, your partners are way too passive. The map currency is pretty much worthless (both of them). Would it have killed you guys to give us a S4 ascended armor set (obviously just one or two pieces per episode) like the WvW one? It's not like ascended armor pieces are hard to come by these days so what's the holdup? At least then the map currencies would have been worth farming. The new batte tonic is nice. I don't like having two foliants for LW.

Like it! Interesting, not too messy, story. Lovley Aurene! (Can we plz get a teenage Aurene mini! ...or a dragon skin, similar to her look, for our griffon mount!) Fun, beautiful and enjoyable new map! Not too hard not too easy.New fractal is great!!!Key chain is awesome!Peacock raptor skin - quite ugly :(

Well done A-net!

I'm still working my way through it, but there was one big disappointment for me - the mastery. The first mastery for HoT wasn't big either, but it did still give a new ability that was used in following maps. Working to earn the right to work and collect a new currency...isn't a great feeling. Especially the way it's scattered over this map.

Apart from that, I'm enjoying things so far. Especially that first big fight that kicked things off. ^_^

Can GW2 only players have some love too? Why did the fractal had to be about Joko too? Is not enough that we deal with him in the "real" world we need him in fractals too? There is so much stories out there you could touch.It seems since LW3 you are just trying to please GW1 players giving them things from the old game. The mursaat, Lazarus, Zinn, Livia.... visiting all the old places.I really hope we don't go to Cantha.

The first thing I noticed was atmosphere; I told my husband that the Branded Storm would be downright beautiful if it weren't for all the chaos and destruction it caused.The Commander (my main is a female) sounds just downright PO'ed, it's like she has this "I'm tired of the BS, let's DO this." mentality.I got downed three times in the final battle, only because I was lost and tried to kill the glowing pillar platform thingies floating around the room. Once I understood the mechanics I unloaded on the final boss: Chaos Storm, followed by several fancy Mirage moves. I was going to help my friend, come hell or high water.I need more Canach in my life, pls. Also, I'm surprised how calm he was when the Inquest showed up. I felt so bad for him, I felt obligated to protect him (although he technically can't die (?). I actually cried at the last part of the scenario; it was emotional and my eyes were burning from not blinking a lot and it was worth every minute.

I thought the story was brilliantly structured with lots of instances and well fleshed out with extra dialogues and lore titbits everywhere. This is the best structured episode yet and one that you can genuinely spend 2-3 days over to savour if you want to. And it was focused without setting up hundreds of plot strands.

I enjoyed the new map, but it was a bit of a shame to see 2 classic sections completely given over to metas and not explorable. It does fit the narrative though and Kamadan's new name made me chuckle. I did enjoy the metas too, so it wasn't a big problem. The metas were also very rewarding

Some performance issues in Champions Dawn specifically compared to rest of Istan.

1ap rewards need to simply end imo. They add nothing to the game and are in fact insulting to get 1 ap when you spend ages on an achievement. Compare to older content and festivals where 5-10 is the normal. From next episode can you rectify this once and for all and if you feel really generous, take a look at all ap from PoF onwards.

The episode instances were all fun to play except maybe the last one. 2 HP sponges en route to a massive HP sponge in the final boss. I can forgive OTT mechanics, but they should always go hand in hand with lower HP. Please remember - story and open world are not raid level areas. Those of us with lower skill sets or non-dps specific builds are being slowly shunted out of the game with the over reliance on HP pools, too many mechanics and over the top amounts of cc. Raids and CM are for skilled players - that is their very design purpose. Please look over this last instance and also some of the Awakened attacks across the game and tone down where appropriate for the rest of us.

Overall, probably the single best episode yet due to improved structure and length.

The first instance end fight might be the most unfun Living world instance boss they have ever done.

Also, the whole storyline continues with the same theme what made PoF combat so unfun too - that you are always the main target for every mob out there and you also have to do the DPS on the bosses. Your allies are there just to rez you. Can't they at least tank or do some damage? It's real annoying having every mob chase only you.

Overall, I thought that Daybreak was the strongest Living World release to date and here is why.

The Big Things:

The raid, fractal, Living World episode all felt like they belonged together. All three mediums tell a different, yet interconnected story, and that's how it should be. Raids allow us to face challenging foes who deserve more than a quick death in some story mission. The Underworld was the perfect choice of location coming off the story of what's happening with the realm of the Gods. Fractals allow us to delve into Tyria's past and explore the backstories of Living World characters like Joko and the Sunspear dervish who he turned to his side. Fractals also allow us to step into the shoes of other people throughout history and experience it first-hand—something that adds depth to the present day story. That brings us to Living World, the present-day story of constantly evolving episodic drama. In Daybreak, we witnessed the beginning stages of a plot that will affect all of the northern continent's governments equally, and that makes for good drama.

When all three stories are woven together in this fashion, it feels deep and rewarding to explore all three facets. The story told together by all three mediums is stronger than the individual parts—that's called synergy, and up until now it's been lacking. Keep releasing content like this and you will continue to impress me with the depth of your story.

The Little Things:

• In Episode 1: Daybreak, the stakes were both epic and personal. Saving the world all the time gets really boring unless the PC's actions are driven by a personal commitment like the bond they share with Aurene and Dragon's Watch. Stories are all about relationships and Daybreak allowed us to see just how far the Commander would go for the people he/she cares about.
  • In terms of gameplay, the battles also felt epic—especially the skirmishes fought between the Mordant Crescent and Sunspear armies, but also with the Great Hall Warden whose story was told through the Fractals of the Mists. Lots of bodies on screen makes it feel like a real battle.
  • Old characters from GW1 were handled well, giving us closure on Koss's story but also giving us some insight into his odd relationship with Margrid the Sly whose descendant is still running the family business of piracy.
  • The jail break mechanic was tailored to the PC's profession. Being able to solve problems using profession mechanics is really cool and it makes me feel like we're really solving problems with our own skills, not just some convenient plot macguffin.

That's all I have for now but there were so many little things I was impressed with that I can't even list them all. Details are important to me and Daybreak got it right, down to the little things.

Likes:Updates to the Currency WalletAstralarium is my favorite location in GW 2 ever. It's beautifully designed. I love the astronomy theme and collection of books and lore. It's detailed and of course, the views from atop its telescope are the best.The new map is gorgeous and I love that there are more areas of water and ocean environments.AureneDervish and Paragon NPC'sThe dialogue, info, voice-acting from the Elonians NPCS'sSeeing Koss againRox with us again. I like her character and she needs more story and more time with the commander.The pacing of this episode was perfect. It moved along quickly and yet there was so much content in this episode. Overall it was very satisfying and well worth the wait.A lot of action and dialogue. The battles were exciting.There was a lot of different sequences and tasks, but none of them felt like they dragged on too long. It was all very well balanced.This is a great start to a new season and I'm even more excited now to see what comes next.

Dislikes:Braham's return - Unlikable character that ruins the excitement of the storyTaimi's excessive weeping and blubbery

Overall score 9/10 Another satisfying episode :) Thank you Arena Net!

Story:

• The brandstorm over Amoon was really exciting, it all felt it was all in LA's battle, which was really cool and epic! I really liked this start of this Season as we had to fight against the branded and save the Citizens of Amoon. :)
  • But I LOVED we got back to Istan, soooooo many memories as I am a veteran player/GW1 player and this was such a happy moment for me. As I was exploring here and there I noticed ''Loyalists Paragon & Dervish'' enemies. I was overhyped! Dervish and Paragons are still a thing, and they're alive! :love:
  • Loved that Sunspears are back on track! As Paragons and Dervish sunspears are back too! :)
  • I am so glad we got to know more about the Sunspear, what they were doing and sooo much story of Istan.
  • The inquest was really nice to see in the First city, Fahranur. But they were zombiesssss! :scream: :skull:
  • I liked the improvments of emotes, (when we got handcuffed by Corsair Sadiy- got throw in to the cell as our PC used arms etc), camera movements, (as Warden Alama knocked us out with her Scythe)

Though, am I the only one who actually wanted Taimi to sufficate inside of her golem? I were literally keep wishing she would ran out of air... sadly she survived, :tired_face:

Map:

• The overrall map was really beautiful and amazing looking.
  • Corsair clans and pirate ships, who dosen't love drunken Corsair pirates and their shady stuff? Glad we saw them, again!
  • Warden Alama (the awakened boss) was so cool, I loved her Dervish abilities skills and new animations ALSO she was using the human gods stances!!!! :love:
  • Beautiful map, specially at the Astralarium, that place was simply beautiful!

Overrall:The episode was really good, enjoyed every little bit of it. The theme, the lore, love, love love it! :)This episode is probably one of my favorite ones, along with the White Mantle episodes.

The only thing I hated about this episode is that....Paragon and Dervish are back but they're STILL unplayable to us players, as the NPCs got unique abilities and skills of their profession, new animations and new 'weapons'.Seeing the Sunspear and the Sunscythe (aswell other spear and scythes in this episode) has been added as staff, STAFF!?What the heck, ANet?!My point is, Scythe and Spear + new animations + new abilitis skills are used for NPCs and not us, as the playerbase has requested for god how long, atleast us veterans/gw1 players.Now that is literally the middle finger to us veterans/gw1 players from you, ANet. You could atleast have added them as sub-classes/mini-mini professions or something.... but anything!

8/10 - I would've given you 10/10 if Paragon and Dervish were somehow playable and if Taimi would have died.

The brandstorm over Amnoon was gorgeous, but then the fighting in the first section was too much -- too many mobs and WAY too many purple glowing visual effects. I had a long, hard time finding the crystals I was supposed to destroy because they blended in with all the other effects.

Overall, though, I feel very positive about LWS4E1. Great map, lots of varied terrain, lots of verticality in map but not too much. Great job of reminding us old players of the glory of Istan. Astralarium looks like what I imagine heaven to be -- beautiful and with lots of books!

Best release so far by miles; lots of mechanics, fun bosses, beautiful map (the colours are amazing), story was good - I really started to feel tension racing to save

, so many enemies at once was fantastic (Sigil of Stamina Mirage was just a blast - literally). Well done everyone and it was on time as well, big cheer.

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:One thing I want to ask people because I can't test it myself, is in reference to a small little tidbit I found in the restricted section of the library. In it, there is a book called "Astralarium" or something along those lines, and when I read it, it said that my character didn't understand the workings of it.

If someone has the Legendary Axe "Astralaria," do they get different information?

The way each profession has a unique way of breaking out of prison in the second to last instance is awesome. Please do more of this!

It changes depending on your collection progress. I only had collection 1 completed and it said something along the lines of "it describes how to create a powerful weapon called the device", which is the first level precursor for Astralaria.

I made the mistake of doing the last boss as a sword weaver. Really enjoyed being able to attack for a whole 2 seconds before having to kite/range/evade/jump for the next 30 seconds because it's the only setup that can't bring a ranged weapon to switch to mid fight.

Brahm is annoying. Such a whiner. Don't like him at all. Can't even empathize for him over Eir he's so bad. Acts like he's a 12 year old.

! -I like the fact Brahams making a return, hopefully amends can be made soon. Him and the commander need to have a talk to say the least.! -Taimis voice was well done, 10/10. Shes not normally my favorite but I actually was worried about her with the lines she had.! -Just saying but please don't go killing off characters because of forum opinions it cheapens the story.! -Canachs great as always.

The maps awesome and I love all the gw1 references in it. I had a lot of fun exploring around and reading the book titles.

All in all Daybreak was a big improvement from ls3, i'm looking forward to the next episodes.

LikesAll new QoL changesFractal rewards and new fractalNew raid sounds super awesomeTHE STORY!!!! So good. I liked the encounters too!Paragon and Dervish NPCsNew map visualsDifferent factions of the map and how theyre portrayedGeneral atmosphere and feelHow long it was!Hearts were really goodMusic. How has someone not said this outloud yet?Meta events

DislikesLack of stuff to buy with the new currency (save for cool minis)You-know-who in the last instance