Why doesn't anet like us?

AsiraasiB.7165

@Vertep.2498 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Amante.8109 said:I don't think ANet dislikes thieves, but I do think no one in development actually plays the class.

i downed a thief with anet tag a few days back. it was a charr daredevil with staff.

@Vertep.2498 said:but now about gw2...now with new specs most of classes have now similiar mobility to thief...thief dont have much stealth if he isnt going for deadeye and cant spam to much evade, but everything of this at once now have mesmer, with every new clon he is getting or autoevade or stealth with not t mntion in just skills mesmer have to mch stealth while thief viable stealth can be from just2 maybe 3 skills where 2 are utility and one of them for today is very rarey used (not counting deadeye eltie)

as for me more unfun is really when I need to fight against mesmer because as I mentioned he have more stealth with evade at once, missing target on him with many clones and horibli to deal his burst....thief outside prepared with time rifle isnt able to burst you down that fast how mesmer can especially with 15+ stacks of condusion in just less than 1 sec while also when you have single target skills like for example just thief or enginier you wont be able to deal with mesmer because of his many clones, this is unfunf

thief at all if he wont kill you mhe will jsut run away and you kmostly will see you, mesmer..ugh lol mesmer never will need to run away from you if you arnt outnumbered, he will always rekt you or always be in safe space/mode near you with no necessity to run away like thief

but you do know that thief can permastealth without utilities if you build for it ? cause of d/p, and also dont need deadeye for it . so no mesmer doesnt have more stealth.with my thief i dont have issues with fighting mesmers at all(i dont play spvp , only WvW), but have been whispered by a few mesmers that its not fun playing against deadeye.as you have seen correct deadeye has pretty much only stealth as a defense so you have to stealth alot to avoid incoming damage against some classes you also can use range advantage for a short duraction. staying alot in stealth to avoid getting killed and comming out of it with an attempt to oneshot now and then with very limited hits in between cause too risky or not enough initative will lead you to a playstyle that is not really fun for your opponent. and if you keep an eye on you CDs and ini you will die very rarely, yes your opponent might avoid you killing him aswell but it still wont be fun.while mesmers are not in a bad position atm, most of them die alot more than a well played sniper and not seeing your opponent die all day, no matter how many friends you bring to pin him down is also causing frustration. i allways know when i die before that i will now take the risk and might die out of greed, if i was better i wouldnt take so many risks i guess.

so i am sure its more fun to play against a mesmer than a sniper wich is a way one could play a thief.

so maybe this is why I didnt counting DE for this? but just DD but also if you want long stelth on DD you need to sacriface your ini only for this, you wont be able to use it on any other skill because this isnt cheap and as I wrote...mesmer have jsut nonstop evade with stealth when creating clones wchich are creating by 99% of his skills...so? while DD mayve have 3 dodges at once but that are just limited dodges while mesmer have free dodges while creating new clones with target break at once.

yes DE's are more annyoing but only wityh rifle and they need to be in untouchable position because they are to squishy if will get hit (not saying this is good because isnt this spec with rifle but just explaining) and DD if you will catch him on stun etc he will go down fast while with mesmer its just ughh...I wrote it in post before this is most kitten kitten if you dont have aoe spam abilities like for example scourge or many other classes but we have also some classes which have abilities based mainly for just 1 target instead of hitting 3+ at once

i dont have issues with mesmers on DD, i just currently play DE cause its new and i like it but i think its alot easier to kill a mesmer on a DD - at least faster.i would like to know what class /build you play as u exaggerate alot (and no scourge is not strong against mesmer altho aoe spam ).i wont agree that its more annoying to fight a mesmer as i hear alot more complaints about thieves and prefer fighting mesmers over thieves myself.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@babazhook.6805 said:There have also been boosts to all manner of skills only some of which detailed below. I do not think one can conclude "anet does not like us" by just cherry picking data.

As example immediately coming to mind are RFI and haste going from 60 to 35 seconds ICD and 50 to 30 seconds ICD respectivelyHIS boosted to remove confusion in addition to burn poison and fire with a regen extension.PR lowered to 16 seconds ICD . (it stared at 45 and was lowered in several steps) with both torment and then confusion added to the cleanses.16 percent boon duration in Acro. Cleanse on don't stop when swiftness applied of imapring conditions. Swindlers to 10 percent boost to sword. Swindlers resetting steal on an evade rather then the old lower by a second. Swiftness added to sword 2. Range on sword 2 increased. 20 percent damage add to larcenous against boonless foes. Boosts to panic strike, potent poison, the add of Assassins fury, twin fang added to CS (2 skills sin one and much more usable) , more boons stolen with BT. Hidden killer granting 2 seconds of 100 percent crit on reveal. Duration increases of Immob on body shot. Lead attacks changed .The add of MIGHT stacks to unload followed by INI regain if all hits strike.

I dont really feel like many of these are that valid of a defense considering I remember the patches just before these, or the changes that went along side them. Haste was indirectly nerfed via the Quickness nerf before that cooldown change.HiS was Buffed in response to Stealth being targeted pretty hard for a long time if I recall correctly, One of my Guildies said it was like "Anet is offering us poison ivy, calling it an olive branch."PR had to have the Torment added due to Torment not being originally in the game and us not having much in the way of defense against it, and I believe Confusion was added in response to the Condi rebalance, in the past, you could have full stacks on you and just not attack and be fine waiting it out. Besides that, Ive always considered PR to be a poor trait option, its a bit like a Lose-less card in Mtg, instead taking DA/CS/Tr back then.And as for Acro.. I feel like that trait line has nearly nothing in common with its launch line. For a long time, it felt like the trait line they would bundle traits to make room for new traits in. It was that line I'd jump in too when I wanted to see what was new, then after a while, i'd go back to what still worked from my old builds.

Ether way, I remember the golden days of Thief. When Haste was Haste, and Shadow return had no range limit. I remember Shadow stepping in to a Zerg, Infiltrators Stepping through them, and Finally stealing to land right ontop of an annoying Ele, hasting to down them and finish them in a few seconds, then Shadow returning back so far that I was placed in a load screen for a moment. We S/D players were glorious masses of smokey death. appearing to travel across the battlefield in a blink of an eye, killing players faster than their friends could reach us.

@Kallist.5917 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:There have also been boosts to all manner of skills only some of which detailed below. I do not think one can conclude "anet does not like us" by just cherry picking data.

As example immediately coming to mind are RFI and haste going from 60 to 35 seconds ICD and 50 to 30 seconds ICD respectivelyHIS boosted to remove confusion in addition to burn poison and fire with a regen extension.PR lowered to 16 seconds ICD . (it stared at 45 and was lowered in several steps) with both torment and then confusion added to the cleanses.16 percent boon duration in Acro. Cleanse on don't stop when swiftness applied of imapring conditions. Swindlers to 10 percent boost to sword. Swindlers resetting steal on an evade rather then the old lower by a second. Swiftness added to sword 2. Range on sword 2 increased. 20 percent damage add to larcenous against boonless foes. Boosts to panic strike, potent poison, the add of Assassins fury, twin fang added to CS (2 skills sin one and much more usable) , more boons stolen with BT. Hidden killer granting 2 seconds of 100 percent crit on reveal. Duration increases of Immob on body shot. Lead attacks changed .The add of MIGHT stacks to unload followed by INI regain if all hits strike.

I dont really feel like many of these are that valid of a defense considering I remember the patches just before these, or the changes that went along side them. Haste was indirectly nerfed via the Quickness nerf before that cooldown change.HiS was Buffed in response to Stealth being targeted pretty hard for a long time if I recall correctly, One of my Guildies said it was like "Anet is offering us poison ivy, calling it an olive branch."PR had to have the Torment added due to Torment not being originally in the game and us not having much in the way of defense against it, and I believe Confusion was added in response to the Condi rebalance, in the past, you could have full stacks on you and just not attack and be fine waiting it out. Besides that, Ive always considered PR to be a poor trait option, its a bit like a Lose-less card in Mtg, instead taking DA/CS/Tr back then.And as for Acro.. I feel like that trait line has nearly nothing in common with its launch line. For a long time, it felt like the trait line they would bundle traits to make room for new traits in. It was that line I'd jump in too when I wanted to see what was new, then after a while, i'd go back to what still worked from my old builds.

Ether way, I remember the golden days of Thief. When Haste was Haste, and Shadow return had no range limit. I remember Shadow stepping in to a Zerg, Infiltrators Stepping through them, and Finally stealing to land right ontop of an annoying Ele, hasting to down them and finish them in a few seconds, then Shadow returning back so far that I was placed in a load screen for a moment. We S/D players were glorious masses of smokey death. appearing to travel across the battlefield in a blink of an eye, killing players faster than their friends could reach us.

I remember glorious days when my job as a thief was to go far and kill whoever is there. Now i am just decap pet.

@Jana.6831 said:

@Zlater.6789 said:even the twin fangs change wasn't really so desirable for dps because the only thing it did was force power thieves to use spider venom, sure its a tiny DPS increase, but honestly its mostly pointless.Why would I need spider venom? I've always had the +7% crit chance when hitting from the side or behind on my thief. My main was valk/zerker with a somewhat around 42% critchance and thanks to that trait every CnD was a crit.

You might want it if you are trying to min max your dps.

You forgot to list the "buffs-not-buffs" from thief as well.

Like Choking Gas dealing damage. (I believe it was in the patch right after the one that reduced poison uptime).There is some indirect nerfs like old-hidden thief fusing together with the fall trait. Pretty much killing the trait since we have asked to remove Hidden thief ever since it was implemented.

Talk about Hidden thief, the speed on stealth trait was one of my favorite traits for D/X thieves. Now it barely works as intended due to the fact it got fused with stealth on steal trait. Another arguable bad trait.Plus changes on gaming mechanics. Vigor got nerfed across the board because of complaints on S/D Thieves , as well revealed on stealth and such. They could be easily listed as Thief nerfs because we were the only class that maxed our effectiveness on those points.

All that said, the lists of buffs-not-buffs, indirect nerfs and other stuff like that are the reason why I don't have faith on this class anymore. ANET went to far on nerfing us by all means. Not a wonder we are locked to D/P since forever. Everything else doesn't work.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Kallist.5917 said:

I remember glorious days when my job as a thief was to go far and kill whoever is there. Now i am just decap pet.

Decapping isn't even the main job of thief. The main job of thief is to make sure all of your team's fights end in your team's favor. The job of thief is to end fights (but not start them) Decapping is a side job for thief.

@Crinn.7864 said:Decapping isn't even the main job of thief. The main job of thief is to make sure all of your team's fights end in your team's favor. The job of thief is to end fights (but not start them) Decapping is a side job for thief.

Not even, with all the aoe condi spam flying around and our paperness we can hardly do that. they put most passive defense in Useless spots when traiting for power. Shortbow auto attack is ok but so many blocks and stuff.Decapping is all we can do :|

I just run far ( after home if no one goes), pray it's not a scourge, or anything with a bunch of condis at far. Kill them, or keep them busy and hope team can win mid. Keep a eye on far via map and decap all game.

I don't understand with all the conditions damage going around the game why nerf our endurance. Also on A elite spec we paid for, that was suppose to be a dodging daredevil.. I paid for this. You fooled me twice Anet shame on me (POF DE)

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:Decapping isn't even the main job of thief. The main job of thief is to make sure all of your team's fights end in your team's favor. The job of thief is to end fights (but not start them) Decapping is a side job for thief.

Not even, with all the aoe condi spam flying around and our paperness we can hardly do that. they put most passive defense in Useless spots when traiting for power. Shortbow auto attack is ok but so many blocks and stuff.Decapping is all we can do :|

I just run far ( after home if no one goes), pray it's not a scourge, or anything with a bunch of condis at far. Kill them, or keep them busy and hope team can win mid. Keep a eye on far via map and decap all game.

I don't understand with all the conditions damage going around the game why nerf our endurance. Also on A elite spec we paid for, that was suppose to be a dodging daredevil.. I paid for this. You fooled me twice Anet shame on me (POF DE)

Oh, I guess I should tell all the thieves in platinum that they are doing it wrong.

"AoE spam" does not matter, you don't sit in a fight, you teleport in delete some poor sod then disengage.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

Oh, I guess I should tell all the thieves in platinum that they are doing it wrong.

"AoE spam" does not matter, you don't sit in a fight, you teleport in delete some poor sod then disengage.

And i say (as plat thief) that thief got reduced to decap pet for most part. Yes, you may pick some guy here and there but ranger pet can do the same, hence the "pet". Without team you are nothing, it applies only to thief, no other class in game.

Necro main tries to tell thieves what they are, oh dear.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

I may not be a Plat thief cuz i would commit suicide with the toxic pvp community, but I did make it to Plat with ele last season, necro/engi season before, thief season before that. And i tell you with a zerker thief 12k health and condis nowadays, it's not as easy as just Port, or dodge (especially now). And dont tell me to take note vit or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

@Zintrothen.1056 said:Anet doesn't like you because you're OP. Pretty simple really. Thieves are OP. OP mechanics get nerfs. However, Anet is terrible at balance, so they usually choose nerfs that make balance worse in the end.

From the start of this game, Thief was design as Single target DPS, and characters like this has to be "call it OP" to single targets.Thats why Thief excel in PvP and WvW-Roaming.

But is sad, he is still perma nerfed to the ground, due to crying kiddos do not like Single target dps, and cannot with their AoE characters insta killing thiefs

And also these nerfs were also reflected in PvE where he lost his "utility" in groups and is outdpses by any other lolCharacter

Why doesn't anet like us?

You have a dev who likes you and is keeping you in your toxic state.. I look forward to the new game director to put an end to your toxicity; for the well being of the game and for the community.

by the way, have you seen your groundbreaking piece of work?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17435/50k-hit-sad#latest

Doesn't that say anything?

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:This is a reoccurring problem with assassin like classes in PVP games. While it is fun to play the sniper or the invisible guy, it is not fun to play against the sniper or the invisible guy. Any game that puts this kind of class into the game has to walk a razor's edge of balancing incomparable skills.

That sums it up. Though nowadays it feels easier to read a Thief than any of these clowns with some of their more annoying elite specs.

@Burnfall.9573 said:Why doesn't anet like us?

You have a dev who likes you and is keeping you in your toxic state.. I look forward to the new game director to put an end to your toxicity; for the well being of the game and for the community.

You take extra damage when you are downed. About 3x as much. Nice try though.

@Theandil.6045 said:

@Zintrothen.1056 said:Anet doesn't like you because you're OP. Pretty simple really. Thieves are OP. OP mechanics get nerfs. However, Anet is terrible at balance, so they usually choose nerfs that make balance worse in the end.

From the start of this game, Thief was design as Single target DPS, and characters like this has to be "call it OP" to single targets.Thats why Thief excel in PvP and WvW-Roaming.

But is sad, he is still perma nerfed to the ground, due to crying kiddos do not like Single target dps, and cannot with their AoE characters insta killing thiefs

And also these nerfs were also reflected in PvE where he lost his "utility" in groups and is outdpses by any other lolCharacter

Amen. Being single target is why i made a thief two weeks after making my first character (used necro to learn the game). I wanted to be a burst 1v1 person in wvw. They slowly reduced damage and defenses until we became we we are today.

Wait lemme stop saying we since Ive been playing reaper since last patch

Do you really think this is what thieves wanted lol?

@Crinn.7864 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

Yeah no, this just doesn't really happen that often anymore because of AoE spam. Considering the amount of AOE that is sneezed out anytime any other profession takes a step, there is a large chance that porting in (from stealth, with your enemies unaware of your existence) will result in the Thief losing 70% of his hp, then delivering a whopping 3.5k backstab. Hardly "deleting" someone.

@Cynz.9437 said:

Not at all

Few years ago, there was a Thief nerf thread created by a thief main player which consists of constructive suggestions to make thief competitive, fun and rewarding. That thread lasted a long time: hoping that Anet would take some suggestion by thief mains into consideration.

Would you be surprised if i told you that Anet took no constructive suggestions from the thief community? I will repeat myself again, this thread was created for the thief community to share their concerns about thief and to provide constructive suggestion to fix and to improve their class to be competitive and rewarding and Anet response was to completely ignore them?

Doesn't that sound troubling to you?

Seriously, how can that be justified?

This is the reason why i do not put total blame on thief players for being toxic, i put blame on Anet for forcing them to be toxic by designing their class to be toxic.

'If you give them tools to be abused, the people will abuse it'

Without a complete redesign of thief class, thief players are not to be fully held responsible for their toxicity.

No toxic classes are to be fully held responsible for their toxicity

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Not at all

Few years ago, there was a Thief nerf thread created by a thief main player which consists of constructive suggestions to make thief competitive, fun and rewarding. That thread lasted a long time: hoping that Anet would take some suggestion by thief mains into consideration.

I'm almost speechless.

You know the thief nerf thread was a joke to collect the ridiculous suggestions of how to nerf thief we found while combing through the rest of the forums...

Please tell me you know that....

@Maugetarr.6823 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Not at all

I'm almost speechless.

You know the thief nerf thread was a joke to collect the ridiculous suggestions of how to nerf thief we found while combing through the rest of the forums...

Burnfall does not. He is a troll that has been trying to get thief deleted for years.

@Maugetarr.6823 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Not at all

I'm almost speechless.

He doesn't. He is just a rev wanting thieves to be deleted from the game.