Why doesn't anet like us?

AsiraasiB.7165

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Maugetarr.6823 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Why doesn't anet like us?

You have a dev who likes you and is keeping you in your toxic state.. I look forward to the new game director to put an end to your toxicity; for the well being of the game and for the community.

by the way, have you seen your groundbreaking piece of work?

Doesn't that say anything?

Do you really think this is what thieves wanted lol?

Not at all

Few years ago, there was a Thief nerf thread created by a thief main player which consists of constructive suggestions to make thief competitive, fun and rewarding. That thread lasted a long time: hoping that Anet would take some suggestion by thief mains into consideration.

I'm almost speechless.

You know the thief nerf thread was a joke to collect the ridiculous suggestions of how to nerf thief we found while combing through the rest of the forums...

Please tell me you know that....

He doesn't. He is just a rev wanting thieves to be deleted from the game.

I screenshotted that comment for future lols. :3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

@Zlater.6789 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:There have also been boosts to all manner of skills only some of which detailed below. I do not think one can conclude "anet does not like us" by just cherry picking data.

As example immediately coming to mind are RFI and haste going from 60 to 35 seconds ICD and 50 to 30 seconds ICD respectivelyHIS boosted to remove confusion in addition to burn poison and fire with a regen extension.PR lowered to 16 seconds ICD . (it stared at 45 and was lowered in several steps) with both torment and then confusion added to the cleanses.16 percent boon duration in Acro. Cleanse on don't stop when swiftness applied of imapring conditions. Swindlers to 10 percent boost to sword. Swindlers resetting steal on an evade rather then the old lower by a second. Swiftness added to sword 2. Range on sword 2 increased. 20 percent damage add to larcenous against boonless foes. Boosts to panic strike, potent poison, the add of Assassins fury, twin fang added to CS (2 skills sin one and much more usable) , more boons stolen with BT. Hidden killer granting 2 seconds of 100 percent crit on reveal. Duration increases of Immob on body shot. Lead attacks changed .The add of MIGHT stacks to unload followed by INI regain if all hits strike.

Well, actually almost all of those buffs are pretty much totally useless. What the op is talking about is not that they don't buff thief, but more that they don't give any meaningful changes to the class. The last meaningful changes to thief were the buff to the auto attacks of staff and dagger, even the twin fangs change wasn't really so desirable for dps because the only thing it did was force power thieves to use spider venom, sure its a tiny DPS increase, but honestly its mostly pointless.

You kitten what? Useless?! The buffs back in August were huge for Sword thieves! And acrobatics is a perfectly viable option over UC (more now than ever since the last patch). Makes me wonder how you play the game when you drop lines like this:

The last meaningful changes to thief were the buff to the auto attacks of staff and dagger

No wonder you struggle with the class if all you do is rely on your auto-attack.

Don't get me wrong,
thief is in a BAD spot
, but to say that all of the buffs are just plain useless is just being disingenuous.

Most of thiefs damage is auto attacks. We can't rotate our skill like everyone else. The skills are treated as situational. Which is what sjowed me the balance team has never played thief whrn they nerfed two weapons auto attacks.