Have not seen a single Peacockosaurus in game — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Have not seen a single Peacockosaurus in game

Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Literally not a one, and I've been playing every day this week. Towns, maps, nowhere. Are the rest of you seeing any or many? I saw more of theWarforged Warhound, although still only a few. Just curious.

<1

Comments

• Sojourner.4621Sojourner.4621 Member ✭✭✭✭

I didn't buy it because I didn't like that the tail was splayed at all times... would have preferred a spread tail only during jumps and idle animations. In short, I didn't actually like it, but it has nothing to do with the price point.

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

I have seen a few.

The good part about the high price is, you only buy it if you totally adore it, or if you're the sort who can afford and has to have everything new. The Peacock-opteryx was not to my taste, but I look forward to someday seeing a premium mount skin I love enough to spend that kind of money on.

• Emprer.7256Emprer.7256 Member ✭✭✭

I have the skin and I have only seen 2 other people using it so far. Almost the same with the jackal 2k skins. I only saw 5-6 people using it.

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

I may buy a lot of kitten however I will not over pay for something, for example I bought roughly 20 Mount Adoptions to get the 5 I want and alternates I found acceptable so basically 10 duds how ever I look at is I spent $10 a piece on what I wanted, I also bought the Spooky Mounts at a reasonable price: knowing that why would I be willing to spend 25 on a mount like ever.

Even I have standards.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

I rarely see people using Raptors anyway. It's like 80% griffons, 5% springers, and then 10% Jackals.

@Ohoni.6057 said:
    I rarely see people using Raptors anyway. It's like 80% griffons, 5% springers, and then 10% Jackals.

What are the other 5%?

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for all the replies. I see a lot of plain raptors all the time, as people seem to use it (as do I) the most to get around on land quickly. I guess my neighborhood is just too poor for the Peacockosaurus!

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

@Ohoni.6057 said:

I'm guessing you use griffon 80% of the time then. ;) There's a typical sort of confirmation bias: beamer owners tend to see lots of beamers; mustang convertible drivers see mustangs more often. If you're in a griffon, you're much more likely to see more griffons, regardless of what "everyone" is doing.

For people looting the Tomb of Primeval Kings, it's mostly raptors. During bounty runs, I see almost no griffons unless the commander is on one, in which case I see about 20-40% griffons. During mount-enabled VB hero point trains, lots of griffons.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

To be fair, i have yet to see a single warforged jackal either

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

I've seen 2, but to be fair it maybe something to do with everyone using griffons for the meteor farm that I've been spending my time on :P

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

What are the other 5%?

Skimmers. ;)> @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

I'm guessing you use griffon 80% of the time then. ;) There's a typical sort of confirmation bias: beamer owners tend to see lots of beamers; mustang convertible drivers see mustangs more often. If you're in a griffon, you're much more likely to see more griffons, regardless of what "everyone" is doing.

That's definitely part true. I mean, if you're flying around at high speeds, the people you tend to pass will also be flying, but even when moving around in an area I don't typically see other stuff. Like I've spent a good chunk of time over the last couple days picking up orbs in the sandfalls area of Istan, and I spend most of my time on Griffon and a little on Springer, but the area seems tailor made for Jackal, and yet I don't recall seeing any Jackal users around.

Mostly if I do see Raptors it's only in races, where Raptors often have an advantage.

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have both, though Im am more fond of the warforged skin than Peacocksaurus. Only bought the latter to support the game.

• Ziooo.8932Ziooo.8932 Member ✭✭✭

I literally saw 1 peacock raptor and 2 forged hounds. People tend to use either normal skins or the loot box's ones.

Necro mains either are masochists or become masochists after a balance patch.

• Electro.4173Electro.4173 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

I've seen one, maybe two forged warhounds and zero resplendent avialans (or however its spelled). Its all basic skins or adoption license ones.

But then, I also don't spend a ton of time in areas where I see a lot of mounts, I haven't really been doing many huge meta events or anything since mounts were introduced, so the numbers of mounts I see in general is probably a lot lower than many.

• ImTasty.2163ImTasty.2163 Member ✭✭✭

I've seen about 4 or 5 but I'm really not paying much attention to other people's mounts. Could of missed more.

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've only seen one so far ever. Was a bit surprised I've took a screenshot:

I've seen more of the Mecha Ram than it, but even then? I've only seen like 5 of Ram and only one of that Chicken Peacock.
    To me, it doesn't seem like a big seller to the whales like the RNG ones that I've seen everywhere.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've seen several peacock raptors. The first evening I found 3 in the same copy of LA and another 2 in Rata Sum, which was helpful for seeing how they looked when dyed. Since then I haven't noticed as many, but I also haven't gone out of my way to look for them.

But as other people have said this is a very inaccurate way of measuring how many there actually are. Today was the first time I saw the Desert Lop in game, so I could easily conclude it's either the rarest drop or the least popular RNG skin (or both). Or I may just have not noticed them. I think I've seen 1 mecha-jackal in total. Sometimes I go through periods where it seems like every other person has a legendary greatsword, then I don't see them at all for ages, but I doubt everyone else on EU is deleting them or using different weapons in that time.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"Vengence is her art, oaths and victories taken, Soulkeeper's Vigil remains unshaken!"

After remembering my image... the chicken peacock can be dyed right?
    Or did the person I see with it just bought it and not care to dye it? Or maybe they like the colours on the default they didn't bother.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen that or the reforged jackal. At with the with jackal is it a bit more reasonable since it is hard to tell what the skin is on a blinking jackal but that flashy tail on the raptor would be hard to miss.

On the other hand seeing someone with a default glider skin seems equally rare ...

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    Or did the person I see with it just bought it and not care to dye it? Or maybe they like the colours on the default they didn't bother.

It, along with the warforged hound, has 4 dye channels. Its mounting/dismounting and travel have different effect than other mounts.

@Khisanth.2948 said:
    Haven't seen that or the reforged jackal. At with the with jackal is it a bit more reasonable since it is hard to tell what the skin is on a blinking jackal but that flashy tail on the raptor would be hard to miss.

On the other hand seeing someone with a default glider skin seems equally rare ...

I don't think so. I've seen quite a few still in the default glider.
    I was one of them too until last month when I got one free.

• Umut.5471Umut.5471 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

The cost is an issue for sure, but clearly it isn't the main issue. The main issue is that colorful, rainbow, pink etc. skins don't appeal to bigger portion of the game.
    Warforged Hound had a cool, evilish skin that many people liked. If they bring more evil-looking skins with cool effects they will be selling those more.
    That's why Twilight is the most popular legendary.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Umut.5471 said:
    The cost is an issue for sure, but clearly it isn't the main issue. The main issue is that colorful, rainbow, pink etc. skins don't appeal to bigger portion of the game.
    Warforged Hound had a cool, evilish skin that many people liked. If they bring more evil-looking skins with cool effects they will be selling those more.

I hate that weird looking pseudo-physics bounce used for the tail and various armor pieces

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:

For people looting the Tomb of Primeval Kings, it's mostly raptors. During bounty runs, I see almost no griffons unless the commander is on one, in which case I see about 20-40% griffons. During mount-enabled VB hero point trains, lots of griffons.

I'm a Springer/Skimmer rider and I don't see more Springers/Skimmers than Griffons.

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

@Conncept.7638 said:
    It's kind of a niche aesthetic, I guess they we're trying to appeal to all the players who play all the prettied-up human females, but it doesn't really apply to most of them as most of them don't go for classical beauty that goes along with gold trim and peacocks, most of them go for a half drugged out kitten in a mini skirt look.

Spot on, Sir (or Madam!) slams palm on table several times
    I have a hard time getting a real leather tophat here in Germany because 99.99% of the stores do not offer anything, just cheap plastic generic clothes for the mainstream.
    This goes on with furniture and all, since my whole appartment is a mix of British teahouse and gothic, I have to import everything from all over the world, started with quality gentlemen's leather gloves to my Chesterfield leather sofa.

Just to get back at the topic, Conncept nailed it: It is super niche, and this really "fancy" and "kitsch" stuff is not in the mind of the most. They want to wear bikini and lipstick and try to be "sexy" instead of actually tastefully equipped...

sigh

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

@Umut.5471 said:

The problem there is I still saw barely any of that Jackal one at all. Like around 4 or 5. So even that one didn't seem to have a huge seller situation. Yeah it's better than the only one Chicken Peacock I seen ever, but it's still low compared to all the other mount skins I've seen everywhere.

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zedek.8932 said:

@Conncept.7638 said:
    It's kind of a niche aesthetic, I guess they we're trying to appeal to all the players who play all the prettied-up human females, but it doesn't really apply to most of them as most of them don't go for classical beauty that goes along with gold trim and peacocks, most of them go for a half drugged out kitten in a mini skirt look.

I have a hard time getting a real leather tophat here in Germany because 99.99% of the stores do not offer anything, just cheap plastic generic clothes for the mainstream.
    This goes on with furniture and all, since my whole appartment is a mix of British teahouse and gothic, I have to import everything from all over the world, started with quality gentlemen's leather gloves to my Chesterfield leather sofa.

Just to get back at the topic, Conncept nailed it: It is super niche, and this really "fancy" and "kitsch" stuff is not in the mind of the most. They want to wear bikini and lipstick and try to be "sexy" instead of actually tastefully equipped...

sigh

Can't deny that. I want my Charr in a banana-hamock and my Asura in backless chaps.

• Conncept.7638Conncept.7638 Member ✭✭✭

@Zedek.8932 said:

@Conncept.7638 said:

sigh

It also doesn't help that there are basically no armors that even resemble formal wear, just outfits. The only two "dresses" in the game are a giant plant bulb and a literal brothel dress, and suits/jackets are little better.

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭

I have seen 2

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

It can be dyed.

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

And... speak of the devil. Just saw my first one in the game.

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭

I like the payment method for it, but I'm not a fan of the peacock model. The best looking mount skins are still all part of the RNG license.

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

I’ve seen two, which isn’t very many. When new outfits or wings comes out it seems like everyone and their Ranger pet is wearing one. But I’m not going to trust my lying eyes on this. ANet has assured us that this price gives them the most income. /shrug.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• MarkoNS.3261MarkoNS.3261 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

the price is completely ridiculous on quite alot of things in gems store regardless of what anet employes say.

• mount lootbox skins - ripoff
    • nodes for home instance - ripoff
    • black lion keys - farming nerfed , keys nerfed doesnt give back 1/10 of the value spent , criminal ripoff
    • overpriced outfits and 50+ gliders skins with only 2 you can get withouth paying gems, a joke.
    • lets not forget black lion weapons with no new weapon skins comming to the game in long periods of time while blc skins set you get more or less every 2 or 3 weeks.
    • i can keep going but its getting annoying.

Kittenizer Tm in Full ACTION.

• blambidy.3216blambidy.3216 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2017

Bruh it’s 25 bones for a mount skin... nuff said. It cost 25 for 2000 gems. Iv seen people do the adoption but those skins. Dang my dude. Practically buying another game. But instead of a game, it’s just fake clothes that you will never wear.

• blambidy.3216blambidy.3216 Member ✭✭✭✭

At least you can actually use in game currency to get it. Rather then have to use real money. But real in game currency is what little over 500 gold to get 2000 gems? I mean I got done with getting all crafting to 500. Which cost close to 500 gold. Then I got swamped with the griffin which was 250 gold. Now it’s 500 gold for a skin? I got other things to get first like getting ascended first or all legendary before I can cough up all my gold on that

• Erasculio.2914Erasculio.2914 Member ✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen any, but I use the settings that hide people's mount skins and displays everyone as using just the basic mounts. So I could have been surrounded by peacockosaurus and I wouldn't know.

"Tomorrow my master chokes on his own whip!" - Lore of Skaen, PoE

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have not seen any, nor has anyone in my guild (I asked).

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Drecien.4508Drecien.4508 Member ✭✭✭

I have one and I've seen many in game, but from a distance the mount model shows as a raptor until you get within like 600 units it switches. maybe its buggy?

New mount skins?! Anet take my money!

• Nikal.4921Nikal.4921 Member ✭✭✭

I have seen one Forged Warhound and one Pea-raptor. Omg, that raptor skin is as hideous in-game as it is in the store. The warhound is not much better. I don't know if people aren't buying because of the high price, because they are unappealing, or people are buying but afraid to use them due the bitter and derogatory way those 2 skins are spoken of in map chats & the forums.

@Nikal.4921 said:
    I have seen one Forged Warhound and one Pea-raptor. Omg, that raptor skin is as hideous in-game as it is in the store. The warhound is not much better. I don't know if people aren't buying because of the high price, because they are unappealing, or people are buying but afraid to use them due the bitter and derogatory way those 2 skins are spoken of in map chats & the forums.

I doubt it bothers any one, for example I show off my fancy mounts every chance I get, especially my Star Bird and Frost Rabbit.

• Haven't seen any too. And only 1-2 warhounds.

• Haven't seen a single one since release so far. Well, they're ugly as hell and way overpriced. No wonder.

• i think they live in cantha. stay tuned...

And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'not today'.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.