Question About Dyes — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Question About Dyes

Ouija.1684Ouija.1684 Member ✭✭
edited December 6, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

So, I just bought Desmina’s outfit and tried to dye it black with Shadow Abyss; alas, it now looks like a shiny silvery blue. If anyone can recommend dyes that can be acquired via the Trading Post that will make this outfit — and those with similar issues — actually look black, I’d really appreciate it.

Comments

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2017

You can get Black, Abyss and Midnight Fire dyes that are all pretty black. All of them cost gold if you get them from the TP, though. Black seems popular.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Black_vs_Abyss_vs_Midnight_Fire_dyes.jpg

Pitch is less expensive, but it doesn't show samples...looks like more of a very dark grey.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pitch_Dye

• Rawr.9467Rawr.9467 Member ✭✭✭

Shadow Abyss is the darkest dye you can have in game right now. The rest won't be as dark and might differ in colour depending on the piece being affected. This is especially the case of an outfit like Desmina's which has both cloth and metallic parts and you can't dye each armour piece individually.

You either die a noob or live long enough to be called a hacker

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

There's a rare dye called Glossy Black that I don't think gets enough love. Its thumbnail looks dark gray, and I don't consider it very glossy, but it's excellent. Haven't tried it on Desmina's Outfit though.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said:
    You can get Black, Abyss and Midnight Fire dyes that are all pretty black. All of them cost gold if you get them from the TP, though. Black seems popular.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Black_vs_Abyss_vs_Midnight_Fire_dyes.jpg

Pitch is less expensive, but it doesn't show samples...looks like more of a very dark grey.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pitch_Dye

Yeah, I like Midnight Red and Midnight Gold a lot too depending on the material. They look blacker than Black on most cloth and leather.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    You can check dyes in your wardrobe on items you own even if you don’t own the dyes. Also you can sort by hue and then check the darkest dyes in each section.

I think this is the best approach because you can see what they'll actually look like on that outfit, with your graphics and monitor settings (which do make a difference). The only thing you can't check is different lighting, which can affect some dyes.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Ouija.1684Ouija.1684 Member ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2017

You can check dyes in your wardrobe on items you own even if you don’t own the dyes. Also you can sort by hue and then check the darkest dyes in each section.

I was wondering about this. Just wasn’t sure if all the dyes, both locked and unlocked, represented every colour available in the game.

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ouija.1684 said:

I was wondering about this. Just wasn’t sure if all the dyes, both locked and unlocked, represented every colour available in the game.

It does, indeed, show every dye currently available.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.