Have not seen a single Peacockosaurus in game - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Have not seen a single Peacockosaurus in game

2>

Comments

  • Wolfheart.7483Wolfheart.7483 Member ✭✭✭

    @MarkoNS.3261 said:
    the price is completely ridiculous on quite alot of things in gems store regardless of what anet employes say.

    • mount lootbox skins - ripoff
    • nodes for home instance - ripoff
    • black lion keys - farming nerfed , keys nerfed doesnt give back 1/10 of the value spent , criminal ripoff
    • overpriced outfits and 50+ gliders skins with only 2 you can get withouth paying gems, a joke.
    • lets not forget black lion weapons with no new weapon skins comming to the game in long periods of time while blc skins set you get more or less every 2 or 3 weeks.
    • i can keep going but its getting annoying.

    Entirely opinion on what is a "ripoff" and what is not, regardless of what you say.

    There have been several new weapon skin sets and individual skins added to the game outside of the gem store or black lion tickets.

  • pah.4931pah.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I have never seen bigfoot. Don't mean he ain't real.

  • I think it is a nice skin but since i got Griffon the only mounts i use is this and the Springer for some higher ground taht needs big jumps

  • I have seen one since it was released. It's not a very appealing aesthetic to me. I would totally pay 2k gems for something epic with new effects/animations but that was not it for me.

  • Phy.2913Phy.2913 Member ✭✭

    I think It's an interesting skin but at a ridiculous price and a mount I haven't used in weeks I'll never buy it, and apparently most people wont either.

  • alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭✭

    rarity usually entails value.

    Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2017

    @Wolfheart.7483 said:

    @MarkoNS.3261 said:
    the price is completely ridiculous on quite alot of things in gems store regardless of what anet employes say.

    • mount lootbox skins - ripoff
    • nodes for home instance - ripoff
    • black lion keys - farming nerfed , keys nerfed doesnt give back 1/10 of the value spent , criminal ripoff
    • overpriced outfits and 50+ gliders skins with only 2 you can get withouth paying gems, a joke.
    • lets not forget black lion weapons with no new weapon skins comming to the game in long periods of time while blc skins set you get more or less every 2 or 3 weeks.
    • i can keep going but its getting annoying.

    Entirely opinion on what is a "ripoff" and what is not, regardless of what you say.

    There have been several new weapon skin sets and individual skins added to the game outside of the gem store or black lion tickets.

    I can confirm from the opinion of some one that's not afraid to spend $50 plus a pay period on Gems (I'm talking about my self in the 3rd person) that I've never seen the value in buying anything approaching 2k Gems even the packages with Outfit/Glider/Weapon Skin. If I'm in their target audience for these mounts then they have failed miserably.

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Most people use griffons for the simple fact its hop/skip/flap can almost be used constantly to evaded attacks by staying low to the ground and flapping

  • Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nikal.4921 said:
    I have seen one Forged Warhound and one Pea-raptor. Omg, that raptor skin is as hideous in-game as it is in the store. The warhound is not much better. I don't know if people aren't buying because of the high price, because they are unappealing, or people are buying but afraid to use them due the bitter and derogatory way those 2 skins are spoken of in map chats & the forums.

    I doubt, if someone purchased the skin, they'd be afraid of some map chat they can easily disable.

    Or maybe I'm just weird. Do people actually care what haters say about them? Twitter and Tumblr are different from a game, tho.

  • I really like it, and I wish that I had an infinite amount of gems so that I could buy it, but it is to expensive to my taste (and wallet) :) So in other words, I think that it is the price that scares people, I have different glider skins - but the price is very lower on that.

    Sorry about the bad grammar - I am trying to get better, I promise ^_^

  • I have seen exactly 1 peacock, and 0 jackal myself so far.

    I just don't think it fits many players price break for fashion.

  • Sykper.6583Sykper.6583 Member ✭✭✭

    It's a very specific aesthetic, I'm tempted to get it over the Warforged just because of 'how out there' it is.

  • @Leo G.4501 said:

    @Nikal.4921 said:
    I have seen one Forged Warhound and one Pea-raptor. Omg, that raptor skin is as hideous in-game as it is in the store. The warhound is not much better. I don't know if people aren't buying because of the high price, because they are unappealing, or people are buying but afraid to use them due the bitter and derogatory way those 2 skins are spoken of in map chats & the forums.

    I doubt, if someone purchased the skin, they'd be afraid of some map chat they can easily disable.

    Or maybe I'm just weird. Do people actually care what haters say about them? Twitter and Tumblr are different from a game, tho.

    Actually, I'm pretty sure that the people who use the forums are only a small percentage of the players.

  • kurfu.5623kurfu.5623 Member ✭✭✭

    Re-map the dye channels, slap some feathers on it, and throw it on the gem store for $25... no thanks.

    This is my signature. It is not very exciting.

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2017

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I’ve seen two, which isn’t very many. When new outfits or wings comes out it seems like everyone and their Ranger pet is wearing one. But I’m not going to trust my lying eyes on this. ANet has assured us that this price gives them the most income. /shrug.

    Ah, but there's the thing, I have no doubt that they fully believe that they get the most income from this price but this is only the second mount at this price so their data is limited. Only time will tell if it's profitable enough or remains profitable enough once people have two or three of these premium priced mounts. If we see lower priced mounts, sales or big launch discounts we'll know it hasn't turned out to be the case.

    Personally, I've seen one so far and maybe two warhounds ever but I'm not surprised as I haven't been looking for them. Also in the time since the patch I spent a lot of time on my griffin looking for stuff up high, not much use for raptors up there.

  • ImTasty.2163ImTasty.2163 Member ✭✭✭

    @Pifil.5193 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I’ve seen two, which isn’t very many. When new outfits or wings comes out it seems like everyone and their Ranger pet is wearing one. But I’m not going to trust my lying eyes on this. ANet has assured us that this price gives them the most income. /shrug.

    Ah, but there's the thing, I have no doubt that they fully believe that they get the most income from this price but this is only the second mount at this price so their data is limited. Only time will tell if it's profitable enough or remains profitable enough once people have two or three of these premium priced mounts. If we see lower priced mounts, sales or big launch discounts we'll know it hasn't turned out to be the case.

    Personally, I've seen one so far and maybe two warhounds ever but I'm not surprised as I haven't been looking for them. Also in the time since the patch I spent a lot of time on my griffin looking for stuff up high, not much use for raptors up there.

    When Mo was talking about the data he was referring to big ticket items in general, for example the outfit/glider combos they have been doing since Hot.

  • Dovienya.6597Dovienya.6597 Member ✭✭✭

    I am a sucker for anything with feathers, and don't really like the super flashy mounts. My character styles tend to be understated without a lot of particle effects and I think this would have gone well with them.

    In terms of this game's own pricing standards, 2000 gems is quite high, even for a fancy mount. The second is that anyone who doesn't have 400 gems already has to spend $35 for a 2800 gem package.

    I would have happily paid 1600 gems or less for this skin. I will not spend $35 on gems right now.

  • @Witch of Doom.5739 said:
    Literally not a one, and I've been playing every day this week. Towns, maps, nowhere. Are the rest of you seeing any or many? I saw more of theWarforged Warhound, although still only a few. Just curious.

    I've seen lots of them. What's your point?

  • IndigoSundown.5419IndigoSundown.5419 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I saw three of the new raptor skins in about 5 minutes doing the daily event task in Cursed Shore less than an hour ago.

    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

  • Drew.1865Drew.1865 Member ✭✭✭

    There’s no way I am paying the current prices for mount skins. It’s a beautiful skin but it’s not worth 25$ or whatever the gems convert to. The way the new mount skins were handled pushed me to play other mmos.

  • Drew.1865Drew.1865 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    To be fair, i have yet to see a single warforged jackal either

    I’ve seen one. Just one lol.

  • As far as I am concerned, its way too expensive and not at all something I want to own.

  • I have also not seen the new raptor skin so far and I have only ever seen 1-2 of the Balthazar hound jackals. I read a comment somewhere that the price it costs to buy 2000 gems with real money is a standard price for mount/mount skins in mmos. I can hardly believe it but I can't say much myself since I don't know anything about such prices. All I can say is that I find it waaay too expensive and even if there is a skin that I would actually like for one of my mounts I wouldn't buy it for 2000 gems.

  • ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I haven't seen any and I also have seen only one Reforged Hound or what it's called (the forged jackal mount for 2k gems). Just shows, that almost no one is ready to pay half the price of a full game for just one mount.

  • ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @OCsoleil I.7504 said:
    I have also not seen the new raptor skin so far and I have only ever seen 1-2 of the Balthazar hound jackals. I read a comment somewhere that the price it costs to buy 2000 gems with real money is a standard price for mount/mount skins in mmos. I can hardly believe it but I can't say much myself since I don't know anything about such prices. All I can say is that I find it waaay too expensive and even if there is a skin that I would actually like for one of my mounts I wouldn't buy it for 2000 gems.

    Ha look who it is, guild mate :wink: The prices are similar in WoW, they also sell some special mounts for around 20€ in the store (though not 25€). But there you can get hundreds of mount skins with for low in game gold, too.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2017

    @Witch of Doom.5739 said:
    Literally not a one

    I saw one five minutes after the update. That's it. Then again, I could rarely bring myself to play the game lately.

  • Cynz.9437Cynz.9437 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Even if i had plenty of gems and wasn't so greedy, i still wouldn't buy it. I just don't like the skin.

    GW is P2Win. We are always lied to.

  • ErikTheTyrant.4527ErikTheTyrant.4527 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2017

    They need to release a varient of the skins for all the mounts. Would've totally bought a forged Griffon or a peacock Griffon skin. In truth I just don't really use the raptor that often.

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ImTasty.2163 said:

    @Pifil.5193 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I’ve seen two, which isn’t very many. When new outfits or wings comes out it seems like everyone and their Ranger pet is wearing one. But I’m not going to trust my lying eyes on this. ANet has assured us that this price gives them the most income. /shrug.

    Ah, but there's the thing, I have no doubt that they fully believe that they get the most income from this price but this is only the second mount at this price so their data is limited. Only time will tell if it's profitable enough or remains profitable enough once people have two or three of these premium priced mounts. If we see lower priced mounts, sales or big launch discounts we'll know it hasn't turned out to be the case.

    Personally, I've seen one so far and maybe two warhounds ever but I'm not surprised as I haven't been looking for them. Also in the time since the patch I spent a lot of time on my griffin looking for stuff up high, not much use for raptors up there.

    When Mo was talking about the data he was referring to big ticket items in general, for example the outfit/glider combos they have been doing since Hot.

    Oh, I see, yeah, I bought some of those, they were quite a nice package, IMO, an outfit, glider, Immortal weapon skin, a makeover kit and 5 dyes. If these mount skins also came with an outfit, Immortal weapon skin, makeover kit and 5 dyes I think I'd be fine with the price. Either way, it is only the second attempt to offer a single skin at this price so I think my point stands, only time will tell if it works and if they can continue to return to the well.

  • I've seen several since they came out. Just saw one in Lake Doric yesterday while out farming Jade Shards and a second in Siren's Landing while after pearls (possibly the same person, but who knows. they could have changed characters and dyed it differently on the other). I know my guildie has one, cause he likes it. Not including his in my 'several' (I know he has the Reforged Hound too)

    I've only ever seen 2 of the Hound (again, not counting his) though.

    Don't believe anything you've heard. None of it is remotely close to my actual insanity.

  • Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I've seen one peacockraptor. None of the forged jackal though. I get the feeling the design team is going to be very reluctant to make a 2000 gem skimmer, since no one uses it unless they absolutely have to.

    Many alts! Handle it!

    "A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

  • Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DarcShriek.5829 said:

    @Witch of Doom.5739 said:
    Literally not a one, and I've been playing every day this week. Towns, maps, nowhere. Are the rest of you seeing any or many? I saw more of theWarforged Warhound, although still only a few. Just curious.

    I've seen lots of them. What's your point?

    I literally stated my point: I was curious. Sorry if that was hard to comprehend. Thank you for your input that you've seen lots.

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭


    My third popped up today. Went afk to check something and I see those eyes staring out of my computer.
    It's even uglier up close!

  • Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I seen a few in open world. It is kinda ugly. Everyone is quick to say $25 when all I think is 10hrs multi mapping Istan. Not bad at all.

  • xDudisx.5914xDudisx.5914 Member ✭✭✭

    I saw a total of 1. It was on on teq.

  • Sojourner.4621Sojourner.4621 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @MarkoNS.3261 said:
    the price is completely ridiculous on quite alot of things in gems store regardless of what anet employes say.

    • mount lootbox skins - ripoff
    • nodes for home instance - ripoff
    • black lion keys - farming nerfed , keys nerfed doesnt give back 1/10 of the value spent , criminal ripoff
    • overpriced outfits and 50+ gliders skins with only 2 you can get withouth paying gems, a joke.
    • lets not forget black lion weapons with no new weapon skins comming to the game in long periods of time while blc skins set you get more or less every 2 or 3 weeks.
    • i can keep going but its getting annoying.

    Though we did just get seven new in-game earnable full weapon skin sets in the last month and a half... and actually the BL skin set ones have been further spaced between for like the last year... at minimum a month apart. Negativity bias at work.

  • ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Saw 3!! Same as Forged Warhounds! Not even close to the number of celestial of flaming Griffons, or Sparkly Raptors.

  • Lemondrop.5216Lemondrop.5216 Member ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2017

    @Witch of Doom.5739 said:
    Literally not a one, and I've been playing every day this week. Towns, maps, nowhere. Are the rest of you seeing any or many? I saw more of theWarforged Warhound, although still only a few. Just curious.

    I've seen a couple. They are very nice and would match my outfit perfectly. I see more players ride griffon mounts more than anything else. I'm not going to buy one since I already have 4 raptor skins that pretty much all look alike. I rarely ride my raptor and didnt get lucky enough to get any other mount skins.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.