Can you turn off blue squad dots? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Can you turn off blue squad dots?

Can you be in a squad, but hide all the 'blue dot' indicators showing you where everyone in your squad is?

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

Comments

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

No you cant and why would you want to?
    Just dont join squad and tag along the commander.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:
    No you cant and why would you want to?
    Just dont join squad and tag along the commander.

That's what I more or less did. The biggest place it's an issue is that new zerg meta with all the chests. They are really hard to see with all the blue dots. I just made sure I was in the squad when it started and then left after the gate opened.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

Coming from something where everyone on the map had an icon I am disappointed we do not have the same here. It allows you to see where the activity is on a map at a glance.

In something big, like Palawadan, seeing squad icons means you can follow along with where most people are and do not wind up fighting a big mob by yourself. If a bunch of dots are all going to one small location there is probably a chest there too.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• costepj.5120costepj.5120 Member ✭✭✭

You can also zoom in your mini map to get better resolution between the dots and other map artifacts.

So long and thanks for all the Skritt

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.