Blade Shards to Watchwork Sprockets. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Blade Shards to Watchwork Sprockets.

I have about 3000 Blade Shards.
Can we get a reverse mystic forge recipe to turn them into Watchwork Sprockets?

Comments

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

The opposite would be better, Since the blade shards are account bound and you can buy sprockets at will.

@Bravesole.2684 didn't know the recipe. Thanks.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can buy equipment bags 1 item in each from the fractal lobby.
    They cost100 each and you can buy 5 a day so thats less then a weeks worth of blade shards you have there mate.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing the recipe to actually turn them into sprockets there?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

That's the opposite, it makes more blade shards, not less. I too would like some practical use for Blade Shards.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:
    They cost100 each and you can buy 5 a day so thats less then a weeks worth of blade shards you have there mate.

100 shards for around half a sprocket :)

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

I just drop them as i mine them
    I mean, when you're done with the backpack its just clutter.
    I wish anet would give them 1c value so i can sell all junk on the vendor instead of personal destroying them
    Edit: you can trade them for 1 green item per 100 now, so thats about half a copper per blade shard in value.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayakaru.6583 said:
    I just drop them as i mine them
    I mean, when you're done with the backpack its just clutter.
    I wish anet would give them 1c value so i can sell all junk on the vendor instead of personal destroying them

Do people not read responses anymore.
    There is a value to them now for 100 of them you can buy a bag with 1 random gear inside it from one of the cat golems in fractal lobby.

• @Linken.6345 said:

Equipment Bag

Double-click to open. Contains a single piece of masterwork or better gear.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

Now that they can be deposited I would only need to deal with them every couple of months.

• Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭

With so many blade shards you can make another backpiece.
    Though i'd like a way to turn them into sprockets too, that would be nice.

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

Equipment Bag

Wow, that'll help me a lot as I have several stacks of the things.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

Equipment Bag

Yeah, but changing them into sprockets would be far more useful. You can craft runes and whatnot with sprockets.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

Equipment Bag

Yeah, but changing them into sprockets would be far more useful. You can craft runes and whatnot with sprockets.

Maybe ... ANet being ANet means the recipe would probably be something like 250 blade shards, 1 mystic coin, 1 master salvage kit, and something else that gives maybe 30 sprockets.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

Equipment Bag

Maybe ... ANet being ANet means the recipe would probably be something like 250 blade shards, 1 mystic coin, 1 master salvage kit, and something else that gives maybe 30 sprockets.

Haha maybe. :sweat_smile:
    Or better yet... Timegating!!! Anet loves needless timegating. :smirk:

• @Veprovina.4876 said:

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

Equipment Bag

Change shards into bags, open bags, salvage, sell the mats. Use the funds to pay for sprockets.
    Oh right, I hear the objection already:

Buh buh buh... it will take 500 shards to afford just 3-5 sprockets!

Sure, and any direct shard → sprocket exchange will probably be less generous still.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Just a comment. The merchant won’t exchange Blade Shards for an equipment bag unless you’ve first done the Nightmare Fractal

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Just a comment. The merchant won’t exchange Blade Shards for an equipment bag unless you’ve first done the Nightmare Fractal

Good point.

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Just a comment. The merchant won’t exchange Blade Shards for an equipment bag unless you’ve first done the Nightmare Fractal

~shoulders slump....dejected~

...great....

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.