[POLL}Are you satisfied with the way the crafting is working ?

Kaizok.7839

I heard some complains about the crafting and I agree that the mechanic is not really different than others MMO (have materials, time et "tada" you have your piece).I think GW2 should have a uniqueness that give interest and fun at crafting thing.

So, what is your opinion about it ? What do you think is good or bad ? How do you think things should be revamp/improved ?

My concern is the availability of certain materials. Some materials are arguably too easy to get hence their values is so low on the TP. I know it's great for people who need/want to buy them. Cheap stuff right? But it takes away the economical side of things. It's harder for traders to trade with mats. The prices keep dropping in the long term. I think the devs should control the supply level. Or come up with mats sinks.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:If you're maxed on that craft I think stuff should insta craft so when I'm making my 1000 stacks of mithril ingots it should be done instantly.

This. The fact that crafting has delay as you watch a bar cross a screen x amount of times........makes no sense from a gameplay perspective. MMOs are time syncs, but that's a waste of time. If it was meant as a delay then allow them to be queued up and you have to come back later to get them. Key is to get the player back to playing the game, not to watching a bar move.

I've never liked how most of the items you end up making are "junk" that cost more to make than you'll ever get back. I don't like that if you craft your own armor as you level, it will often cost much more than just buying it off the TP. I wish crafting was just a thing where the stuff you make is the stuff you need, and it all ends up being worth more than the materials you put into it.

No, definitely not. I am avoiding to level Crafting Professions on my characters. I believe I have 400+ arti on one of my chars but that's about it, that's the only 'max' profession I have.It is slow, boring...and the thought of doing that again just kills me.Would much rather sell all these mats than spend them on crafting.

@Blur.3465 said:No, definitely not. I am avoiding to level Crafting Professions on my characters. I believe I have 400+ arti on one of my chars but that's about it, that's the only 'max' profession I have.It is slow, boring...and the thought of doing that again just kills me.Would much rather sell all these mats than spend them on crafting.

You need to level crafts for BIS gear.

IMO they should:

Remove all time gates

Remove the bar for refining items once they no longer give xp

Make refinement recipes all the universal. 2 into 1 for basic mat refinements, 50 into 1 for the ecto refinements, and 10 into 1 for all the mats going into ascended. This way its simplified and easier to understand for new and casual players. Use drop rates to adjust item values. I know a lot of people dislike this one but you will still be able to make money on the TP and it will not destroy the economy.

Make all crafted items only bound on equip. Keep ascended BTA and everything below BTC. I know Arenanet has turned to using account bound crafting for most of the new attribute types and making everything sellable would remove a large chunk of the forced play time to earn them. But I believe that the cost of those items would still give many players something to work towards. Crafting is normally something optional in MMOs. As many do not like doing it. Making it a semi-mandatory part of the game is a big turn off for many. Making it so those that wish to be crafters can sell their wares or help friends, families, and guildies would be a great addition.

Make it so Jeweler goes to level 500 and can craft ascended jewelry and have every stat combo available. Make all jewelry sellable on the TP.

Make it so Chef goes to level 500 and can craft level 80 ascended food of every type. Increase duration and stats on these new foods.

Yes it's all good. The game is F2P. Gathering mats, daily crafts won't cost your subscription. It's as simple as that.But I agree I'd love to have my items I want so badly asap. But be honest are you satisfied when you have it? Or just want a little more?I think this game is more about having fun (together) than getting the stufff you want. Having fun is priceless, getting what you want and wanting more is unsatiable.

I didn't like the crafting system before Ascended, but it got a lot worse after Ascended crafting was introduced.

I had made a grudging peace with crafting since Asc. crafting made the materials I salvaged and gathered worth enough to TP. Now, however, ANet has seen fit to increase supplies of a lot of materials at a time when it seems demand for a lot of them has either remained static or even declined. As a pessimist, I am looking for the market to get worse instead of better. That means my only reason to not hate crafting is eroding.

Crafting is way too pointless, and expensive, you spend on crafting, you don't craft to earn... What kind of crafting are we talking about? Is it fun? Is it a hobby? No, it's a chore, and an investment, you put gold into it, and then you spend ages wondering how to make gold out of it. What is it for then? Ascended, legendaries and that's pretty much everything summed up, any item below level 80 is worthless in this game anyways, so from 1-to-500 a profession is WORTHLESS, and a waste of Gold, there are no other euphemisms, I can't say the system is ok, sub-par, "could be better", I like to say things as they come to mind, no sugarcoating, this isn't Orwell yet! THE SYSTEM IS LOUSY!!!! NO GOOOD!!!! POIIIINTLEEESSS!!! -Cups hands around the mouth- YOU GET ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Just another way to fleece customers, the outrage is justified, let it roar!

And to end the tirade, here's a video that summarizes GW2 RNG.

<----- RNG ^^

My issues:

• Crafting not being instant. Really, that bar we see is completely pointless. It's so bad a time sink that it's almost offensive.

• When you have maxed a discipline, the entire list becomes grey. We should have the option of changing the color of the items in the production list so they match rarity. Everything becoming grey when nothing gives experience makes the entire color coding worthless.

• Too many intermediate steps. I wish inscriptions and insignias didn't exist anymore; instead, we would directly use the crafting component with the weapon/armor component (so, for example, it would be just "Orichalcum Greatsword Blade" + " Orichalcum Greatsword Hilt" + "Vial of Powerful Blood")

• Crafting different stats is too heterogeneous. All stat combinations are equally powerful, with arguably one of the first ones being the most useful in a large part of PvE (berserker). Why is it, then, that crafting different stats is so annoying? We have time gates for celestial stats, the need of massive amounts of flax for some others, and so on. I wish crafting different stats for the same skin were more homogeneous, with the weird recipes being used only for different skins.

• Not everything can be crafted. We cannot make, for example, Soldier insignias; rather, those have to be bought. There are still stats combinations from PvP that cannot be used in PvE. If there's one thing crafting should be useful for, is crafting all possible stat combinations.

• The order of items in the production list is annoying. Alphabetic order is kinda useless when there are things we have to use for every item (the crafting components and the refinements). The order should be: Refinements, Obsidian refinements, Ectoplasm refinements, Components, then the final products in alphabetic order like we have today.

• The entire crafting process is way too grindy, especially when talking about ascended crafting. It's simply way too annoying.

My main issue with crafting is how generally pointless it feels. I need 500 armor smith to make ascended gear or just to get rid of my ascended materials but all the money I put into it is pointless. I don't get to use anything I craft and breaking it down again isn't really a refund of what I used.

It's imbalanced in terms of resource availability (e.g., getting leather and cloth) and there are problems with getting resources at low levels (e.g., copper and green wood), not just the special items (e.g., teeth, blood, scales, etc.) needed for insignias and modifiers to the crafting recipes. Without those insignias, it is impossible to level crafting. As such, I play nine different characters and my level 80's periodically go back to low level areas just to get mats for my low level characters.Well-done crafting allows players to craft items that are consistent with the character level, presuming that they are attentive with obtaining resources as they level up. In GW2 -- especially after they dumbed down the game and made it so easy to level -- characters will out-level their ability to craft gear very quickly. Crafting skills then lag significantly until a player reaches level 80. Even cooking produces foods that are not very useful to higher level characters, not to mention that only one food buff is active at a time; why produce 50 cakes, cookies, pies, or whatever if it will take you all year to eat them? In that respect, it's obvious that crafting wasn't very well thought out.Mostly, it seems crafting was intended to be a time-sink and a gold-sink in addition to filling up our bags and banks with junk, thus giving us incentive to buy more bag-space and bank-space at the TP.I have found that selling mats is about the only [legal] way to make gold in the game... obviously, given the number of necromancer bots I see, there are other ways, too, but I'm not going to resort to that.