[POLL}Are you satisfied with the way the crafting is working ?

Kaizok.7839

For a game with so much RNG, it is disappointing there is no RNG in crafting.

Why can I not have crafting outcome be affected by RNG and hidden variables?

It is nice to have a minimum outcome but, without some chance of failed, lower, higher, and exceptional outcome, there is little reward for doing more than the minimum and not much fun.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There is nothing in this game I've had so many struggles with as I did with crafting. It's so incredibly time consuming non-interactive and thus boring that I have never bothered with it until I couldn't find a reasonable way around it anymore (which was when I needed the first ascendet things) and even then I struggled to level up my crafting and actually quit the game for a few months because I hated it so much.I hope they will change it at some point and make it more interactive - I don't mind crafting beeing tedious but atleast make it fun and engaging instead of just huge lists and waiting times until your 250 Mithril Ingots are done. At the very least give us some visual stimulation, like our Character using an Amboss or ANYTHING other than a progress bar filling up 250 times...

pwetty pwease

<---New Player: The one thing no one can ever get back is time! I am wasting much of it trying to figure out why! Why after doing some crafting in Artificer to level 49, the new recipes given are all red, and all the rest of the recipes light gray, meaning I can no longer craft. A clue to get recipes that will afford experience would be grand. I have checked with the NPC supplies. I bought the first on the list and it is a red recipe. Checked on BL Trading and no recipes at all to be had.

Other than the above issue, which is NOT a complaint in regards to "crafting", I would like to warn! GW2 crafting system is an absolute GEM compared to the nightmares of other games crafting systems!

I think the current crafting system isn't fun, intuitive or even really usable without external guides, but at least it's functional.

Positive:

• If you have the recipe unlocked, crafting the item and any sub-items is easy.
  • Materials are taken from inventory and storage.
  • The crafting result is predictable.

Negative:

• Unlocking new recipes can be far from intuitive (especially cooking).
  • Recipes can be spread across the entire game and only wiki knows where to get the recipe you're looking for.
  • Some recipes require a mix of mystic forge and crafting station components. Sometimes an item requires components from multiple different crafting stations. Not being able to craft the item from start to end at one station is unnecessarily complicated.

• 3 years later...

One, crafting is a pain in the kitten.  Two, I have yet to make anything I want to use, and I'm about level 480.  The material storage is inadequate for storing enough materials to level a craft.  I had to buy more storage.  The only thing I've found remotely useful is making materials to get rid of other materials taking up bank space.  I don't see crafting as being particularly useful for leveling a character.  By the time I get that many materials, I'll easily level to 80 with just completing maps.  I'm wondering why I'm crafting.  I'd at least like to make weapons and armor with the specs I choose, but that does not seem possible.  This may be one of the most useless things in the game so far.  If you're considering crafting, save your time and money and just sell your raw materials; at least you'll get some gold.  I don't know what the hell ArenaNet was thinking.  Either give us a reasonable way to craft things we can use as we're leveling, or remove crafting.  At the very least, quit making thing account bound as soon as someone makes them, I can't even get TP profit on armor I make.  What am I supposed to do with 10 of the same armor items?  My only hope at this point is that I'll be able to make some ascended gear I can actually use.

• Confused 2

On 12/8/2017 at 10:10 PM, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

If you're maxed on that craft I think stuff should insta craft so when I'm making my 1000 stacks of mithril ingots it should be done instantly.

Thats my only complaint. I am not someone who works ahead. When I want something, I do it in a short time. All my legys were created within a week, max 2 and the most annoying was not the grinding, but the waiting at the craftingstation while it processed mats ~~.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nemesis.8576 said:

One, crafting is a pain in the kitten.  Two, I have yet to make anything I want to use, and I'm about level 480.  The material storage is inadequate for storing enough materials to level a craft.  I had to buy more storage.  The only thing I've found remotely useful is making materials to get rid of other materials taking up bank space.  I don't see crafting as being particularly useful for leveling a character.  By the time I get that many materials, I'll easily level to 80 with just completing maps.  I'm wondering why I'm crafting.  I'd at least like to make weapons and armor with the specs I choose, but that does not seem possible.  This may be one of the most useless things in the game so far.  If you're considering crafting, save your time and money and just sell your raw materials; at least you'll get some gold.  I don't know what the hell ArenaNet was thinking.  Either give us a reasonable way to craft things we can use as we're leveling, or remove crafting.  At the very least, quit making thing account bound as soon as someone makes them, I can't even get TP profit on armor I make.  What am I supposed to do with 10 of the same armor items?  My only hope at this point is that I'll be able to make some ascended gear I can actually use.

Your doing it wrong crafting multiple of the same item dont level your craft discovering other items is the way to go.

Here is a good site to use as a referance.

https://gw2crafts.net/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Crafting is definitely boring and bland in GW2.  Imo, this is mostly due to the flat powercurve in GW2: gear has maximized stats, and you are not allowed to add any enchantments that add utility or effects to gear. 

I like minigames with crafting like they had in EQ2 or Vanguard, but since you always get the same quality gear in GW2, why bother. 

Swg had great crafting because of the the base materials that you mined or harvested yourself could differ vastly in both Quality and rarity.  Certain quality mats could also become completely depleted and never return: if you had a stock of those you were golden.  nice to see those Mining installations all over the world.  But the market would quickly become monopolized by a bunch of Top Crafters.  Even so, you could make yourself some good stuff if you wanted. 

Edited by Tyncale.1629

"Chaos erupted in the Trader's Forum of Lion's Arch as an unknown necromancer jumped from a giant springer and shouted: "Rise, my three year old minion of doom, and crush the foolish crafters!" A dozen gaudily dressed individuals of all races of Tyria scattered in confusion before the dreadful threadbeast, whose rotten flesh hung in shreds off its decrepit, ancient bones, and all fled from the fearful stench of decay. 

Was this one of the minions of Zhaitan, perhaps, or am Awakened servant of Joko? Or was it in truth, one of the heroes of Tyria, crying out in defiance of the machinations of the wicked Tenanera and its vile overlord Tfoscn?

Excerpt from the Book of Murof.

Edited by Beleron.9347
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Your doing it wrong crafting multiple of the same item dont level your craft discovering other items is the way to go.

Here is a good site to use as a referance.

https://gw2crafts.net/

http://tentonhammer.com/ is another good site to use. haven't compared prices, I'm at work.

Edited by Game of Bones.8975
  • Confused 1

On 6/16/2021 at 7:13 AM, Nemesis.8576 said:

The material storage is inadequate for storing enough materials to level a craft.  I had to buy more storage. 

Basic material storage and bank is plenty to level ascended crafting.  I've done it more than once

Also as said, use gw2crafts.net for an efficient leveling guide for crafting.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2017 at 3:24 PM, Haleydawn.3764 said:

I just wish the tabs would be all be collapsed when you open the crafting panel as standard, rather than it all be open.

This. I'm not sure why we are discussing a four year old post but since we are, this. When people talk about QoL changes in the game, this is one of the first ones that always comes to my mind. It's sad to see that people have been wanting this for at least four years now with Anet not bothering to deal with it.

• Like 1