Who is lord Faren and why is he half naked a lot ? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Who is lord Faren and why is he half naked a lot ?

2>

Comments

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

Didn't a white mantle mesmer summon an illusion of him in Caudecus' Manor?

• Red Haired Savage.5430Red Haired Savage.5430 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017

Some of these comments remind me of this comic:
    http://www.dorkly.com/post/41589/rpg-lady-armor

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Frankly I think he's setting a fine example for us all and that there should be more developer support for those of us who choose to play this game naked, naked as jaybirds, hooting and hollering and controlling our characters with mighty pelvic thrusts

• I think that Lord Faren is an antidote to sexualised-misogynistic Far Asian MMOs. This time we have a scatterbrained sexy guy (not body builder though) with an ego the size of Knut Whitebear and a daredevil drive . I loved the part in which he managed to strand his blasé friends deep down in Maguuma Jungle. True he is a fool, but he also is the amateur hero. He always make me grin whenever I discover a new extension.

• Ceridwen.6703Ceridwen.6703 Member ✭✭✭

I am late to this party, however! I love Faren. I want him as a member of Dragon's Watch. Failing that, in my home instance. I shall say no more.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Steve R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

• He realizes that armor can provides penalties, and too much will encumber his style. So as he wishes for nothing to encumber him, the less the better.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0025.html

• @Majic.4801 said:
    Lord Faren: For The Ladies™

... and some boys. ;) :p

I like Faren as a character; he makes me laugh and I don't mind him being (half)naked. Some eye candy is always welcome.
    Besides I don't get why nakedness is directly associated with sexuality. Might be a cultural thing - having grown up in a country with nude sections at basically every public swimming pool one tends to have a more relaxed approach to the issue.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.